Brainstorm: MIning Event

GoNi

Slayer
Society
freelancer
Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
In the summer mayhem thread once again a discussion about mining events came up.

I would like to know how you guys would set up a mining event if you would be in MAs shoes.

One idea posted in the other thread:

Instanced Mining with special resources, only available during event and in said mining instance.

Personally I think this is not optimal solution.
The fear of some miners is that a mining event will flood the market with additional resources that may crash MUs.
This really could happen, especially when a lot full time hunters, join that mining event.

My solution would be:
Run the mining event parallel to mayhem event - this will keep most hunters in mayhem, no extra mining resources flood the market.
For scoring in the mining event just count claims found - size of claim should not matter (to prevent excessive use of additional amps by miners who normally go unamped.
That way the impact on MUs wouldn´t be to extrem, although I think it still will drop the MU while the event is going on.
Alternativ would be to add some scoring items to mining claims (sooto), similar to the mayhem event. Speak each claim you find during the event can drop a score item for 0,1,5,10,50,100,500,1000 or 5000 pts.
If this is doable outside an instance, well MA will know.

If the event is universal, then I would exclude treasure claims from the scoring board, simply because it would drive all miners to Ark, because more chances to get claims in the same time as you will have on other planets without treasure.

Please share your ideas, maybe some time MA decide to get some of it and give us a mining event for the hardcore miners.

It was mentioned before. Why not put shrapnel in mining finds?
Miners can use that shrapnel to drop more bombs. And it would prevent the market from flooding.

Event can be point based exactly like the mayhem grind.
You can randomly get points for each find, like each kill for hunters.

Also, miners should be able to collect mayhem tokens via a mission chain same like hunters.

:rolleyes:

Hello,

Nice Idea, you have some good points there....

I would start a Mining event in a similar case like a mayhem yes....

-->normal Mining on planetside , you get special/untradeable Mining Token where the most token collected are the winners after the event time..

Those Token you can then exchange on a Mining trader for (L) Amps,Finders ,Skill pills..etc..

Would also do the same "procedure" like this with a crafting event -->crafting Token....etc...

Have a nice day,
Eddie

It was mentioned before. Why not put shrapnel in mining finds?
Miners can use that shrapnel to drop more bombs. And it would prevent the market from flooding.

Event can be point based exactly like the mayhem grind.
You can randomly get points for each find, like each kill for hunters.

Also, miners should be able to collect mayhem tokens via a mission chain same like hunters.

:rolleyes:

I dont like the idea of shrapnels in mining loots, even the low MU resources sell for 102-103% which is sitll better than shrapnels, beside that hunters who sell shrapnels will have less customers who buy their shrapnels if miners find shrapnel themselves.
Lets say the mining event impacts the MU by 1-2% pts on low MU resources and maybe 5-10% on the higher MU resources, miners would still do better with selling the resources instead getting shrapnels.
And it should be considered that the drop in MU will only last a short time while the event is running and normalise a few days after event ends.

A better idea came from Trance: running a crafting event parallel to the mining event could stabilize the MU, additional demand.

My fear is that once MA decided to add shrapnels to mining loots, they wont remove it when the event ends, speak average MU for miners will be doomed. Already hard enough to find "good" MU in mining, as there is a lot amped mining going on, due to cheap amps.

I really dont like to pay 104% MU for amps and then find tons of 101% shrapnels.

There is no shortage of "find 10,000 of A" missions and events in the universe.

There are however very few "find one each of A, B, C, D..." a.k.a. "trophy cabinet" missions.

By quick count, there are 70 different minerals on Calypso. Four of them are found only in lootable pvp, and dunkel is just too rare, so it leaves us with 65 minerals to find over, let's say, one week. Not everyone will succeed in finding rugaritz and tridenite in limited time but then, what sort of a commie game it would be if everyone "wins"?

This can however be done either Fyros or Tryker way if you know what I mean. :)

While the idea of a mining event is great and the initiative is OKish, all the ideas in the OP are from very bad for the game. In thiz game there should always be an incentive to progress, not to stay with tt equipment for 20 years... I strongly suggest this should be discouraged more and more. Like put loot cap on old avatars on puny mobs, tt mining etc. The new players have no room to develop because of some dinosaurs stick to tt mining, puny hunting etc.
^Later edit - this part was from me, I did a mistake while formatting the answer and quoted as if it belong to Goni

The fear of some miners is that a mining event will flood the market with additional resources that may crash MUs.
This really could happen, especially when a lot full time hunters, join that mining event.

- Hunters always experience this issue, various events crashing their resources to the ground. It's not a bad thing, it's competition. Why competition should be avoided in mining?
- Full time hunting mostly means hunting is better than the other activities which is normal since everything is and should circle around this profession. I'm sure further development should and will come to the other two professions, but, hunting is still the main thing.

Run the mining event parallel to mayhem event - this will keep most hunters in mayhem, no extra mining resources flood the market.
If there's a non hunting event that is great, most will play it. People mainly play this game to try to profit. Make a crafting event good, everyone will jump the wagon, no matter how much you dislike competition in your branch.

For scoring in the mining event just count claims found - size of claim should not matter (to prevent excessive use of additional amps by miners who normally go unamped.

Obviously a very bad idea to do an event, with prizes, where people can participate with almost nothing but win ... what? Prizes for no amp tt mining event should be 1 ped tt limited item and you will bitch about how hunters have prizes worth 50k ped during events and you have nothing. A competitive equipment for hunting events is what, around 150k PED? (without the gun :D)
If such an event should occur, then you will complain there are too many competitors (in a game where we lack players anyway).
And what's wrong with using amps? A lot of the mined stuff goes into producing mining amps, where should the MU come from if there will be no demand??

Alternativ would be to add some scoring items to mining claims (sooto), similar to the mayhem event. Speak each claim you find during the event can drop a score item for 0,1,5,10,50,100,500,1000 or 5000 pts.

Again, discouraging amp using in favor of number of claims, will kill this profession.

If you want to drive MU up, make a mining event, with categories. Cat 13 will only be for level 13 amp miners while in Cat one you need to use level 1 amp. No noamp mining allowed. This could drive everyone to mining, which again, can be a very positive thing.

Asking for an event where you want to spend as little as possible is pretty silly since I am sure you know by now there are hundreds of people willing to put in good resources of time and money, to get competitive. Stop asking for raffles please :)

Last edited:
The problem of mining is not so much lack of events as the abhoring MUs. As it is now, an event would only make things worse.

The problem of mining is not so much lack of events as the abhoring MUs. As it is now, an event would only make things worse.

Pretty much, but maybe some will be convinced then that mining and crafting are supporting professions for hunting and maybe people would stop trying to advocate for politically correctness, blaming MA for discriminating mining :D

Don't get me wrong, I would love something to keep me occupied on the sides (say, an epic questline which could end with something meaningful after 1 year, say a vechicle dedicated to mining).

However in the current context that's akin to talk about wether the freaking elephant in the room should have 4 or 5 toes on its feet.

I really dont like to pay 104% MU for amps and then find tons of 101% shrapnels.

So why is better to find tons of stuff which nobody buys, with sales per day under hundreds?
On high turnover ones, I would totally prefer shrapnel which is guaranteed 101% (without excavating that is) instead of belkar which only adds the decay of excavating but is impossible to sell without negative ROI.

The last mining event was ok IF

Everybody could find a box with the RDI even when not amped so even newbies could join.
What would also be a big improvement would be that you could find the boxes faster ... been running around with amp 2 all the time and it took me over 1 month to get that F ... box lol

So why is better to find tons of stuff which nobody buys, with sales per day under hundreds?
On high turnover ones, I would totally prefer shrapnel which is guaranteed 101% (without excavating that is) instead of belkar which only adds the decay of excavating but is impossible to sell without negative ROI.

How and for what % you sell is something you do yourself and not the fault of MA.
If you do not want to stack up and wait for some resources to go up in MU again and you sell them very cheap, its you and not MA. You are cutting in your own profit.
All the resources go up and down, and you do not need to be very rich just to stack up some.

And for belkar? I LOVE belkar, its a real money maker

2 main things in mining that will give you profit is the WAY you mine and how to SELL your resources.

To Evey : Love the idea to make mining instances / cat :)

Last edited:
I have forwarded this thread to the dev team as feedback.

How and for what % you sell is something you do yourself and not the fault of MA.

In theory, you are right. In practice, it is not me managing the economy, is MA. It is not the fault of MA, it is the direct creation of MA, with intention. It is not me who put belkar on half of planet.

There are two sides to this issue, every price increase for resources would automatically make the end product more expensive.

And there lies the actual mistake of MA. Hunting itself doesn't justify paying 150% on your low-med ArMatrix. There is the problem. Remember korss 400? We used to pay 200% on that ffs and it was viable, without their "oils", "shrapnel" and "improved economy".

Right now mining is held alive by three sources:

- gamblers using lvl13 indoor, when they are not fed up
- gamblers doing a limited selection of (L) clicks, but that's a joke
- mayhem when there's mayhem, but not so much really
- mining decay itself on a few finders, but lol

Just look for yourself. Chalmon and dianthus 130%? Gazzurdite 110% or less? Narc, caldorite, iron almost tt food? These and all other % are the fault of Kerham selling resources fast when Kerham barely played this year? Something seems off in your reasoning.

The economy will be healthy again when all (or a big proportion) of the output of belk, blau and that God-forsaken cumbriz or magerian would have an actual use, not only 5% of it. Who uses lytairian ffs, you can't breath ingame without hitting lytairian. Used to be a decent 120% when it was used in skilling/gambling.

They should adapt the number and droprate of resources to the contemporary economy. They did a decent job on crafting, is the most interesting thing in years, they did an acceptable job on hunting, you can have fun at a decent price, and they did absolutely nothing for mining since the introduction of amps, which was, heyho, thirteen years ago. 13. Hunting got a couple of paradigms in the meantime, crafting got a whole new meta with these gizmos, mining got the middle finger.

The only reasoning which I can understand on behalf of MA would be to prevent as many miners from making a buck. But if that is the case, lol.

At this point they could just aswell remove mining alltogether from the game, all they neeed is to add another batch of bps for some components which to use nanocubes and that's it.

Last edited:
This thread starts to go a little offtopic.

I didn´t want to discuss problems of mining, mined resources MU and balancing problems that actually exist.

Its about a MINING EVENT!

What do you think how a mining event should look like.

I have brought some basic idea, what is your personal idea ????

Should it be: like Evey suggested divided into Cats like the hunting mayhams?

How would YOU design the score system ?

Should it drop tokens that can be traded (like FEN event) ?

Should it be instanced or not?

Should there be special resources that can be only found during the event (suggestion from Trance in othere thread) ?

Come on people.

If you want to bitch about MUs and problems in mining there is enough threads you can do that.

Is it really impossible in this Forum to have a constructive brainstorming where everyone bring in his own ideas?

I am all for constructive critics but bitching like Evey without any suggestions how it can be done better is not needed.

Sidenote to Evey: posting something as a quote the quoted person never wrote is badmouthing, reported your post and - REP for that. Enjoy!

The level of this forum is really worse than Kindergarden.

@Evey: Apologie accepted, thanks for correcting your post!
will give you a + REP as soon I can REP you again.

Again, discouraging amp using in favor of number of claims, will kill this profession.

If you want to drive MU up, make a mining event, with categories. Cat 13 will only be for level 13 amp miners while in Cat one you need to use level 1 amp. No noamp mining allowed. This could drive everyone to mining, which again, can be a very positive thing.

You have a valid point here.

To encourage skilling it should be divided into cats similar to the hunting events.

To encourage the use of amps, scoring could simply be linked to claim size accumulated.

This on the other hand definately would seriously crash MUs on mined resources :)

You claim hunters have the same problem, but during mayham event there is boxes in loot and items that can be found in the instances.
What is your idea for miners to compensate a little for the crashed MUs?

Mayhem mining boxes?
Sooto item finds in the mining instances?

My point is, there is MU for hunters in mayhem that is non existend outside of the event, therefor MU on the oils crash, but thats partly compensated by additional MU items and sessional boxes.

A mining mayhem should have something like that, too.

Ideas welcome!

I would say its worse

Well, if it is as bad as I think its, it maybe time to sell my deeds and cash out.

Well, atm I am simply not in the mood to log in and play something else for a while.
No deposits from me the next 2 month.

Just a small reminder to the dev team.Imagine how bad you guys would look if you put in development ideas from a guy that blackmail you with deposits.

If you want to bitch about MUs and problems in mining there is enough threads you can do that.

Is it really impossible in this Forum to have a constructive brainstorming where everyone bring in his own ideas?

I am all for constructive critics but bitching like Evey without any suggestions how it can be done better is not needed.

Sidenote to Evey: posting something as a quote the quoted person never wrote is badmouthing, reported your post and - REP for that. Enjoy!

I don't give a shit about your reps, Goni. I did a mistake during the formatting of the text and I corrected it, you can chill about it and keep your reps or w/e, I don't care...

Why do you feel you have to brainstorm about events, miing, PVP when it's stuff you don't consume 99% of the times? Never forget this is someone's business and they look to satisfy the consumers. Consumers. All your ideas revolve around little input for the event, no amp, no MU, which is a trash idea and cannot pay the working ours of devs put into designing such an event and could also lead to a very small prize...

Miners mine to make markup. Last event added some extra markup without interfering with any of the existent markup. Just as with amps, you pay a little extra MU to maybe get even more MU, but in the RDI event it was 100% to pay some markup and alsmot double it. This little principle baffled old "miners" that eventually refused to get involved, and were outraged they had to pay hunters... like buying amps or finders is not paying carfters that pay hunters and miners that also in their turn pay... It's a RCE but you wanna solo it... in an instance with tt stuffs...

Bring the RDI mining event back :)

Just a small reminder to the dev team.Imagine how bad you guys would look if you put in development ideas from a guy that blackmail you with deposits.

Thanks for the reminder, this 2 months already have passed by :D

Beside that its not about my idea, its about all ideas coming out of the comunity, I just started the thread.

If you dont know what BRAINSTORMING means, well consult a dictionary or maybe google it.

Miners mine to make markup. Last event added some extra markup without interfering with any of the existent markup.

I didn't followed rigurously the prices pre and after, but alternative ore for example looks very weird.

What RDI event did got right was the league of prizes. What it didn't got right was the lack of validating miners' effort so to say, like cathegory system does in hunting.

I wish they would revamp everything, flush down the toilet 80% of resources and introduce shrapnel such as to control various MU like Output comps are controlled for example. Sheer simplification should bring in better MUs by itself, but that is offtopic already.

Another problem would be the cost. Lvl90 or lvl1 has same probe costing (going by old "bombs") 1 ped. The only thing which differentiate skills in mining, aside from speculations, is finders' depth. In the current paradigm, in order to have cathegories, there should be something related to depth of finder.

In order to have actual events comparable to mayhem, there should be an entire separate mini economy designed for this, with loot returning shrapnel and some tokens let's say, the deeper the finder the better the tokens and then some (but not proportional) influence from amps.

On one side, disconnecting from outer economy in terms of resource output would mean that there's some jucy stuff to be found also out of the event, to fuel the amps and enhancers. On the other side, it wouldn't create inflation of resources, which might have unexpected consequences for things like lvl13, Dsec30 etc

In terms of actual mechanism, instances should work but we have a history of various instances failing or needing a few tries to get going. I would think there could be another asteroid-like resort designed for this, untaxed (or, maybe some 1% depends on prizes), which to have the entrance controlled like the Hub on Cyreme or Ancient Greece used to have, with disabled items. It could simply be closed when no event is going to prevent any f-up and it could be simply seeded with respective tokens like regular areas are with resources, to not have to deal with the temporary nature of instances and potential loot problems raised by this.

There could be special finders or physics there, with 10% range (but the tt output to not have the risk balance of indoor), special finders which could also kick some more crafting. Ammo could be crafted and UA used could have a sort of discount, to make it attractive and kick shrapnel.

I would imagine something tantamount to a puzzle or collection of tokens, built under the hood of a mission, where higher tiers are available per prospecting/surveying/treasure prostanding. Highest prostanding of those would decide the cathegory and finder consumption would be universal, same cost/drop on all three professions, or rather simply using an unique interface with only one choice, which choice could call any prostanding.

Finder decay and drop cost could increase throughout cathegories (but not to imbecile costs like lvl13, maybe a maximum of say 5-6 peds per drop).

Tokens themselves would obviously be based on chance, similar to FFA points, but should be an impact from player choices, such as to combine gambling with decision making. For example, some common tokens should unlock an easier mission which could give as prizes buffs (of range/chance for example), some medium tokens should result in a straightforward prize such as perfected hermetics, some more rare tokens should open a mission for say adj excavator and the rarest for a mining vehicle obtainable only through such mayhem (one can dream).

Actual usage of tokens could be a minigame of crafting where the player should complete various recipes to unlock keys for various biodomes or pills with effect only in that event like finder range or directly cashout as shrapnel or skillgain pills.

It could be combined with completely revamping the mining in the future, as a source of tools or other devices similar to how hunting mayhem is the only permanent source of UL high efficiency weapons.

Aside from whatever might sound silly from what I wrote above, I would strongly emphasize the disconnection between economies. Just as is impossible to loot various components in hunting mayhem, in same manner it should be in the mining events, but completely, due to bigger impact of various resources.

If the event should be divided into different cats I have made some thoughts about a 10 Cat setup (similar to hunting mayhem), based on amps efficency.

Cat10 - Eff 80-100+ - L13, Terra 9+10
Cat 9 - Eff 60-79 - L12, Terra 8
Cat 8 - Eff 40-59 - L11, Terra 7
Cat 7 - Eff 30-39 - L10, Terra 6
Cat 6 - Eff 20-29 - L8+9, Terra 5, D-Class
Cat 5 - Eff 13-19 - L7, Terra 4, Dsec3
Cat 4 - Eff 8-12.9 - L5+6, Terra 2+3
Cat 3 - Eff 5-7.9 - L3+4, Dsec2, eMine2
Cat 2 - Eff 2.1-4.9 - L2, Terra 1, eMine1, Cheeky
Cat 1 - Eff 0-2 - unamped, L1, Terra 1

Imho this is enough Cats, to have a fair competition.

Whats your thoughts?

If the event should be divided into different cats I have made some thoughts about a 10 Cat setup (similar to hunting mayhem), based on amps efficency.

Whats your thoughts?

Hello ..yes categories are nice....but i would do the categories also depending only on mining LVL...not on amps used...because one day i wanna go with this big ass amp..other day i wanna go with an middle amp..

in your scenario i would be forced to decide for an amp category for the next week aslong the event lasts...

--> for me personally i think a RNG token find within the mining claims would be best...and the most tokens win after the event time....then they can be changed in some items on teh mining trader npc..

I think the best mining event would be a non-EP crafting event.

Whats your thoughts?

I would love such a mining event, so here some of my thoughts.

Why amped mining and not (like hunters) go cat. based on skill levels?
So I'm rather thinking of cat up to levels 10 -20 - 30 etc ....

Make people free to mine (with any) amped or unamped.

Give tokens (that can be sold) instead of boxes so that everybody can join, also those that cannot buy key's (Sweden) with prizes worthwhile.

And last but not least :
Make every cat. different, and I mean resources that can be found, that way the market will not be flooded with some particular resources.

Please no more events, this rce is just a competition for tokens.

Back