Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
    Society
    freelancer
    Images

Brainstorm: MIning Event

In the summer mayhem thread once again a discussion about mining events came up.

I would like to know how you guys would set up a mining event if you would be in MAs shoes.

One idea posted in the other thread:

Instanced Mining with special resources, only available during event and in said mining instance.

Personally I think this is not optimal solution.
    The fear of some miners is that a mining event will flood the market with additional resources that may crash MUs.
    This really could happen, especially when a lot full time hunters, join that mining event.

My solution would be:
    Run the mining event parallel to mayhem event - this will keep most hunters in mayhem, no extra mining resources flood the market.
    For scoring in the mining event just count claims found - size of claim should not matter (to prevent excessive use of additional amps by miners who normally go unamped.
    That way the impact on MUs wouldnīt be to extrem, although I think it still will drop the MU while the event is going on.
    Alternativ would be to add some scoring items to mining claims (sooto), similar to the mayhem event. Speak each claim you find during the event can drop a score item for 0,1,5,10,50,100,500,1000 or 5000 pts.
    If this is doable outside an instance, well MA will know.

If the event is universal, then I would exclude treasure claims from the scoring board, simply because it would drive all miners to Ark, because more chances to get claims in the same time as you will have on other planets without treasure.

Please share your ideas, maybe some time MA decide to get some of it and give us a mining event for the hardcore miners.

Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    It was mentioned before. Why not put shrapnel in mining finds?
    Miners can use that shrapnel to drop more bombs. And it would prevent the market from flooding.

Event can be point based exactly like the mayhem grind.
    You can randomly get points for each find, like each kill for hunters.

Also, miners should be able to collect mayhem tokens via a mission chain same like hunters.

Old Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Edward MrEddie James
    Society
    SHOOT īN LOOT
    Hello,

Nice Idea, you have some good points there....

I would start a Mining event in a similar case like a mayhem yes....

-->normal Mining on planetside , you get special/untradeable Mining Token where the most token collected are the winners after the event time..

Those Token you can then exchange on a Mining trader for (L) Amps,Finders ,Skill pills..etc..

Would also do the same "procedure" like this with a crafting event -->crafting Token....etc...

Have a nice day,
    Eddie

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was mentioned before. Why not put shrapnel in mining finds?
    Miners can use that shrapnel to drop more bombs. And it would prevent the market from flooding.

Event can be point based exactly like the mayhem grind.
    You can randomly get points for each find, like each kill for hunters.

Also, miners should be able to collect mayhem tokens via a mission chain same like hunters.

I dont like the idea of shrapnels in mining loots, even the low MU resources sell for 102-103% which is sitll better than shrapnels, beside that hunters who sell shrapnels will have less customers who buy their shrapnels if miners find shrapnel themselves.
    Lets say the mining event impacts the MU by 1-2% pts on low MU resources and maybe 5-10% on the higher MU resources, miners would still do better with selling the resources instead getting shrapnels.
    And it should be considered that the drop in MU will only last a short time while the event is running and normalise a few days after event ends.

A better idea came from Trance: running a crafting event parallel to the mining event could stabilize the MU, additional demand.

My fear is that once MA decided to add shrapnels to mining loots, they wont remove it when the event ends, speak average MU for miners will be doomed. Already hard enough to find "good" MU in mining, as there is a lot amped mining going on, due to cheap amps.

I really dont like to pay 104% MU for amps and then find tons of 101% shrapnels.

Cunning Haruto Rat
    Society
    fode et fuge
    Images
    There is no shortage of "find 10,000 of A" missions and events in the universe.

There are however very few "find one each of A, B, C, D..." a.k.a. "trophy cabinet" missions.

By quick count, there are 70 different minerals on Calypso. Four of them are found only in lootable pvp, and dunkel is just too rare, so it leaves us with 65 minerals to find over, let's say, one week. Not everyone will succeed in finding rugaritz and tridenite in limited time but then, what sort of a commie game it would be if everyone "wins"?

This can however be done either Fyros or Tryker way if you know what I mean.
    Rodent of the Multiverse

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Evey Eve Everglades
    Society
    ROUA
    Images
    While the idea of a mining event is great and the initiative is OKish, all the ideas in the OP are from very bad for the game. In thiz game there should always be an incentive to progress, not to stay with tt equipment for 20 years... I strongly suggest this should be discouraged more and more. Like put loot cap on old avatars on puny mobs, tt mining etc. The new players have no room to develop because of some dinosaurs stick to tt mining, puny hunting etc.
    ^Later edit - this part was from me, I did a mistake while formatting the answer and quoted as if it belong to Goni

Quote Originally Posted by GoNi View Post
    The fear of some miners is that a mining event will flood the market with additional resources that may crash MUs.
    This really could happen, especially when a lot full time hunters, join that mining event.
    - Hunters always experience this issue, various events crashing their resources to the ground. It's not a bad thing, it's competition. Why competition should be avoided in mining?
    - Full time hunting mostly means hunting is better than the other activities which is normal since everything is and should circle around this profession. I'm sure further development should and will come to the other two professions, but, hunting is still the main thing.

Run the mining event parallel to mayhem event - this will keep most hunters in mayhem, no extra mining resources flood the market.
    If there's a non hunting event that is great, most will play it. People mainly play this game to try to profit. Make a crafting event good, everyone will jump the wagon, no matter how much you dislike competition in your branch.

For scoring in the mining event just count claims found - size of claim should not matter (to prevent excessive use of additional amps by miners who normally go unamped.
    Obviously a very bad idea to do an event, with prizes, where people can participate with almost nothing but win ... what? Prizes for no amp tt mining event should be 1 ped tt limited item and you will bitch about how hunters have prizes worth 50k ped during events and you have nothing. A competitive equipment for hunting events is what, around 150k PED? (without the gun )
    If such an event should occur, then you will complain there are too many competitors (in a game where we lack players anyway).
    And what's wrong with using amps? A lot of the mined stuff goes into producing mining amps, where should the MU come from if there will be no demand??

Alternativ would be to add some scoring items to mining claims (sooto), similar to the mayhem event. Speak each claim you find during the event can drop a score item for 0,1,5,10,50,100,500,1000 or 5000 pts.
    Again, discouraging amp using in favor of number of claims, will kill this profession.

If you want to drive MU up, make a mining event, with categories. Cat 13 will only be for level 13 amp miners while in Cat one you need to use level 1 amp. No noamp mining allowed. This could drive everyone to mining, which again, can be a very positive thing.

Asking for an event where you want to spend as little as possible is pretty silly since I am sure you know by now there are hundreds of people willing to put in good resources of time and money, to get competitive. Stop asking for raffles please
    Last edited by Evey; 06-17-2019 at 20:01.

Twitch channel
    | EntropiaLife profile | PM for "Eve's mod fap fen service" | Face masks

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Kerawan Kerham Maddahy
    Society
    Project Y
    Images
    The problem of mining is not so much lack of events as the abhoring MUs. As it is now, an event would only make things worse.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Evey Eve Everglades
    Society
    ROUA
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerham View Post
    The problem of mining is not so much lack of events as the abhoring MUs. As it is now, an event would only make things worse.
    Pretty much, but maybe some will be convinced then that mining and crafting are supporting professions for hunting and maybe people would stop trying to advocate for politically correctness, blaming MA for discriminating mining

Twitch channel
    | EntropiaLife profile | PM for "Eve's mod fap fen service" | Face masks

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Kerawan Kerham Maddahy
    Society
    Project Y
    Images
    Don't get me wrong, I would love something to keep me occupied on the sides (say, an epic questline which could end with something meaningful after 1 year, say a vechicle dedicated to mining).

However in the current context that's akin to talk about wether the freaking elephant in the room should have 4 or 5 toes on its feet.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Kerawan Kerham Maddahy
    Society
    Project Y
    Images
    I really dont like to pay 104% MU for amps and then find tons of 101% shrapnels.
    So why is better to find tons of stuff which nobody buys, with sales per day under hundreds?
    On high turnover ones, I would totally prefer shrapnel which is guaranteed 101% (without excavating that is) instead of belkar which only adds the decay of excavating but is impossible to sell without negative ROI.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast