What is your Opinions on a SPED CO-OP?

Kain Dewey Fall

Guardian
Society
SuperPED
Kain Dewey Fall
I don't think I am able to post links so, to give you all a small idea of what my society is doing, very small, a lot more to come, I have been talking about it a lot on the Facebook, Entropia Universe, Public Group for a few years. But I am hoping for a full launch of all of my society Projects by January 2020.
It is a wix site and I apologize it isn't an official Domain yet, but it goes
Freakyuser3000.
wixsite.
com
/sped
A lot more to come, Here is my Co-Op Idea, I want/need kind of, help and ideas from the community.

So, I have been planning a Co-Op for a few years but have been trying to make sure my society projects and functions and easily maintainable before I do anything.
But I want to know what anyone thinks of a Shot in the dark preview of What the distribution will be like. I all ready have everything planned and am hoping to announce to Co-Op in the next 1-2 months if I can build the confidence to do so.

What do you think of,
---90% of earnings go to SPED Fund of which all spending is majority vote by Society Associate members. (SPED BANK)(This will include the purchasing of OLAs, Warp Ships, Shops, and Revenue deeds to contribute to the increase of Daily Earnings in the SPED Fund)(The society will more considerably discuss using Society funds to have prizes for events and possibly begin a Career Payment Option in the future or increase Revenue Deed Payout slowly through time...)
---9% SPED Deeds (SPED Associates Revenue Deeds payout)
---1% Earnings go to me to play the game(EntropiaUniverse Use Only)

***I am most interested on ideas of discussing what should be done in the circumstance that my account becomes inactive due to an ailment. How might I approach MindArk on the maintaining or redistribution of the SPED Project. Does seem like I plan on going anywhere anytime soon, but I would have for something like this to "Not" Fall through.

All of this will be tracked on a spreadsheet available to the public and a summary will be view-able on the Society Website of Current SPED Bank Balance and daily-weekly-monthly. I will be giving my word to never withdraw SPED Donations for personal use and there will be a opposite Spreadsheet available keeping track of all the money I personally deposit into my account and what it is spent on. *The key things people should look for is,
-The Society Fund(SPED BANK) "My PED Card", Should never fall under what the spreadsheets history indicates.
-The Spreadsheet should reflect all transactions and history should be current and should not change.
-Transactions should be updated immediately for direct notability of Revenue growth.
(OLAs with be shown regularly through photos, if you think something is a lie, please appropriately address the situation through MindArk, as far as I know which is a lot, they would be able to trace if I am lying about something. Shops revenue is not included in SPED Earnings, but the Shops will be used to sell donated items of which WILL BE SPED Earnings)

That is a long Brief Overview I guess. Best to you all.

Last edited:
Heads Up, I am hoping to have a personal business started in the next 2 to 3 years maybe closer to 5 years, that I have been preparing myself for the past 7-8 years.
This business will be revolved around Education, Promotion & Marketing, Entertainment, Career Goals Encouragement, and Health. ("As well as Culture")
I will be marketing, My Society, through my business website in 2-5 years as an encouragement opportunity for (Streamers, Gamers, anyone interested...) people to become familiar with life skills and "Business".

I recently discovered an affiliates program and if things work out great for the promotion of my business website and I can get enough traffic from different users from my business website to my society website and then to join Entropia Universe either after visiting my Society Website or through my Society Website, that I could have the opportunity to request affiliate status with MindArk. But in 5 years I might have the opportunity to request the Universal Timed Orbiting Space Station I want if everything works out according to a few different planned scenarios. :p

Don't forget about speak out on questions, opinions, general acquisitions about the Co-Op Idea. I have lots of answers, It is only a brief overview. Oh, :eek: I am tired. I work from home too.

Last edited:
My opinion is: oh god, another one.

to start this and to keep it running you need a decent amount of PED.
that means you need enough people giving it. But I doubt the active userbase is big enough for it
You cannot provide any collateral for the PED given to your "fund" except your word. As most of the people do not know you they would not give a pec to your mutual insurance.
All trades are final, if someone gives you PED and accepted the transfer Mindark is not longer accountable for it. to risky for most. and if you are locked for some reason the story is over

you know the price of warp ships? you know the price of LAs? you know the market?

Take a good advice: Safe your energy for your RL business and forget about this plan in the virtual universe.

that means you need enough people giving it. But I doubt the active userbase is big enough for it
You cannot provide any collateral for the PED given to your "fund" except your word. As most of the people do not know you they would not give a pec to your mutual insurance.
All trades are final, if someone gives you PED and accepted the transfer Mindark is not longer accountable for it. to risky for most. and if you are locked for some reason the story is over

you know the price of warp ships? you know the price of LAs? you know the market?

Take a good advice: Safe your energy for your RL business and forget about this plan in the virtual universe.

The startup of this would be from the purchase of the SPED Deeds. And all the money spent on purchasing SPED Deeds would be used toward purchasing Revenue deeds such as CLDs and AUDs to continue growing the Revenue generated in the SPED Earnings Fund, which will result in a gradual to drastic increase in the 9% of Earnings distribution to the SPED Deed owners. The SPED Deeds will be trad-able between players but cannot be traded back to the SPED Project. Also, Revenue Generating Deeds cannot be purchased from the SPED bank unless the purchases donated the Deed, so all Deeds purchased with the funds generated from the SPED Deeds Sale and any Deeds purchased using revenue generated from the 90% of Earnings from the deeds purchased with the earnings from the SPED deeds sale will never be withdrawn from the SPED Earnings revenue along with deeds purchased using those newly purchased deeds because their fund source will have been the SPED Deed Sale.

-100% of the funds associated with this "SPED BANK" project will stay within Entropia Universe forever. Unless I disappear, "presumably" in which case I am hoping for a plan to work out with MindArk in such a circumstance.

As for my word on collateral, you are right, more likely than not it may rely solely on "my word". I don't know for sure yet. But there will be a spreadsheet showing all earnings, all donations, and the 90%, 9%, and 1% distributions from the donations and earnings. As well as record of trades between players and any obliged earnings they own and any transactions made between those players. So the sole discretion could also be on the community, but I would assume it would be easy to catch shady stuff.

You say all trades are final, but this is a little trickier than a all trades are final subject. I have seen other players show that they have worked a system out on this topic, I think it is more a matter of discussion than a matter of debate. Laws exist, just because people don't have the decency to read doesn't mean that they are not getting their just deserves. But I understand the fear in the topic as I probably don't know any better than you do. I would love to know though.

-Items donated will be considered TT"Obliged Earnings" owned by the SPED Associate Donor of which can be redeemed to purchase other items within the "SPED BANK"
- Players are obliged TT value of a item until 75% of the specific items TT+MU value in that item is sold after the donation. Then the player receives 90% of the markup value as an additional"obliged earnings" and 10% of the items TT value will be compensated from the 90% of earnings into the SPED Deeds distribution. This is one of those things why I noted that the post is a brief overview. I love the comments and questions though, I am also looking for criticism and suggestions though.

I am not terribly concerned about Warpships, LAs, right now and since there are no SPED Associates and SPED Deeds have not been sold at all let alone "all been sold" so there is no one available to Vote... and the Market always changes, prices are discussed and agreed upon when it comes to approaching "obliged earnings" That is entirely up to the donator, they can decide what price they are comfortable with for reaching the 75% TT+MU Sales average for retrieving their "Obliged MU Earnings" .
"My Word" Is based on knowing times, dates, locations, and the people of whom I am having discussions with or when I perform trades then recording these interactions on a publicly view able spreadsheet that is updated daily to reflect on Spending, Earnings, Trades, and donations. I can control whether I say yes or no to a trade though and decide if something is hasty or not, sure I will have some people I will look to for advise and might even bring things to vote if it is a hefty trade.

I love the discussion, please continue to speak out on questions, criticism, or suggestions.
I can understand the discomfort of the idea but I do not strongly believe in it, at the same time it isn't a concern because in my head I am thinking about that I am a trustworthy guy, but as a realist I am speaking out for you all to comment on if there is any experience with other Co-Ops "Business/Company deed systems from earnings" that might assist on strengthening my word on this as I do not want to lie. I have money, I don't need money.
I just want to be able to keep money in Entropia Universe to increase interaction, entertainment, and community growth.
So the idea becomes as well with how I don't see a concern in my head that I am going to disappear, the realist part of me raises the question, any suggestions on addressing to MindArk what should be done with "All of my account assets" in the circumstance that I disappear, especially the Foundation of the SPED Deed Project.

Best I have for trust, I have been playing for 4 years 4 months now and have been following forums though I didn't join forums until 2 years ago and I have been discussing my society, society ideas, and trying to play with the community all this time. And I work from home so some times a lot more than others. Guess it is just a shot in the dark, I am well past half asleep now though. Thank you for taking the time to discuss this with me. Also, sorry for lengthy comments, I need to work out reducing my comments. :D
Until Next Time.

Agree

Let me re-iterate all the points against it:
  • Playerbase is not big enough for your investment to be worthwhile
  • There have been investments like the one you proposed before (a lot)
  • No collaterals. You only have your words
  • Investors will want to know what kind of guy they are investing to. Do you have good reputation in-game? Have you got any experience in managing LAs/spaceships/ other investments, etc?
  • Only you yourself managing the whole investment scheme? Can you actually do that? How do you manage payouts, meetings, investors pulling out, etc.?

Heads Up, I am hoping to have a personal business started in the next 2 to 3 years maybe closer to 5 years, that I have been preparing myself for the past 7-8 years.
This business will be revolved around Education, Promotion & Marketing, Entertainment, Career Goals Encouragement, and Health. ("As well as Culture")
I will be marketing, My Society, through my business website in 2-5 years as an encouragement opportunity for (Streamers, Gamers, anyone interested...) people to become familiar with life skills and "Business".

My advice to you if you still want to invest in EU (if they haven't flopped yet): become planet partners

If you're starting your RL business, still believe in EU, and have good brands/marketing/budget to expand to EU, I'd say partnering with MA would be the best course of action. You get your own planet to manage

https://www.entropiauniverse.com/planet-partners/

Agree

Let me re-iterate all the points against it:
  • Playerbase is not big enough for your investment to be worthwhile
  • There have been investments like the one you proposed before (a lot)
  • No collaterals. You only have your words
  • Investors will want to know what kind of guy they are investing to. Do you have good reputation in-game? Have you got any experience in managing LAs/spaceships/ other investments, etc?
  • Only you yourself managing the whole investment scheme? Can you actually do that? How do you manage payouts, meetings, investors pulling out, etc.?

My advice to you if you still want to invest in EU (if they haven't flopped yet): become planet partners

If you're starting your RL business, still believe in EU, and have good brands/marketing/budget to expand to EU, I'd say partnering with MA would be the best course of action. You get your own planet to manage

https://www.entropiauniverse.com/planet-partners/

To respond to you ihazbackup, thanks for the comments and encouraging words. :D
-You are probably right, unless I could actually implement the system into an actual shares or deed system, it is worthless and based on my specifications planned, that probably wont happen.
- People keep saying there have been investments like the one I am proposing, but I am not seeing that, I see something completely different going on involving a big man and little suits. Fat guys in little coats.
-Your saying I have no collateral and that it is only words, it does seem that way, but is there a way for it not to be ""Just my words"" so to speak to not be insulting... :D
-I mean, your right about investors will want to know what kind of guy they are investing too. But the points displayed on hopes to find in a investor is a little off the chart. Those are not the key-points I would want to be looking for in an investor on this game, those types would be fat guys in little coats...
-Yes, I can manage the whole thing by myself, I work from home... I might work as a Antrhopology Research Interviews Transcriptions for recorded Audios, type about 90-130 WPM. But I have 2 monitors :p and get paid a decent amount. I also get like 4-5 months off out of the year, so a lot of the time, I have nothing better to do than chores and studying.
=Managing payouts would either be paid to players on a request basis or (If it could be implemented) a shares system as Entropia has going on.
=Meetings would be scheduled, as well as there is a customer support service on my society website... I think users have to make an account to access the Customer Support Though.
=Investors pulling out isn't necessarily a problem in my opinion, if I just have revenue stacking that is owed to an investor that no longer exist, that just means that in the circumstance that *I* disappear, then my Accounts TT Balance will be that much closer to being able to evenly pay back to all of the SPED Deed owners what they paid for the SPED Deeds.

But, I am strongly considering now canceling the Co-Op idea and simply investing on my own and not worrying about all the social injustice, harassment, and illegal defacement not being addressed or handled appropriately. Just feeling comfortable that I made smart investments and don't have to focus a lot on the idea that my having this Co-Op would be an "guilty by association" perspective. I guess it is better to do it by myself and own it all than to rely on the community to do something right for a change and be scolded for it. Give stuff to people from my own pockets instead of Entropia Universes pocket, get scolded for that. Seems way funner. No Doubt.

Last edited:
I like your idea though, I could be so lucky if I worked my way up to Planet Partner :p

Man you are really golden tongued, wish you success with your undertaking ...

I do have in consideration though, turning the numbers around.

90% to SPED Deed owners, and 10% goes to SPED BANK Operations, such as the purchase of additional Revenue options along with retaining the SPED Associates voting system.

Then the investors would feel more confident in getting their money back within 10 years instead of compared to what I estimated would have been 30 year ROI on SPED Deeds if it were 90% SPED Bank and 10% Investors what with all the income opportunities with the voting system, Career payments, Land Areas, Warp Services, Festivals, mass production of additional Revenue shares/deeds, and whatever else.

But with 90% going to the SPED Deed Owners, then the ROI will indefinitely be closer to 10 to 13 years. while 10% is still being used to increase the revenue source. Until and/or until voted on otherwise by a "majority" Of the associates.

You haven't mentioned how exactly you are going to make money for the investers. This is a zero sum game, so you need to have a plan to generate income. What are you going to be spending PED on? If its just to purchase CLD/AUD, etc then they can just do that themselves. If you are going to trade then what are you trading, how are you trading, do you already have contacts, etc. If its going to LA's, which ones? do you have prices for them? what are your plans to promote? the list goes on. All i read is your saying invest and i will give you 10% back (or 90% if you switch it around). You also say "But I am hoping for a full launch of all of my society Projects by January 2020." ...what are these projects? How much is required to fund them? if you don't get enough funding can you still do some of them?
I have looked at your site and it does not tell me anything useful.

Also your using a free website domain, domains and hosting are cheap, surely you can afford to purchase one and do proper hosting...if not, how are people even supposed to consider investing? It takes less than 10mins to buy a domain, set up the hosting and transfer your web pages over.

Not trying to be fully negative here, but i just don't see any plan...instead its give us some ped and lets see what happens type of thing. If you have a plan, then share it and people may consider.

You haven't mentioned how exactly you are going to make money for the investers. This is a zero sum game, so you need to have a plan to generate income. What are you going to be spending PED on? If its just to purchase CLD/AUD, etc then they can just do that themselves. If you are going to trade then what are you trading, how are you trading, do you already have contacts, etc. If its going to LA's, which ones? do you have prices for them? what are your plans to promote? the list goes on. All i read is your saying invest and i will give you 10% back (or 90% if you switch it around). You also say "But I am hoping for a full launch of all of my society Projects by January 2020." ...what are these projects? How much is required to fund them? if you don't get enough funding can you still do some of them?
I have looked at your site and it does not tell me anything useful.

Also your using a free website domain, domains and hosting are cheap, surely you can afford to purchase one and do proper hosting...if not, how are people even supposed to consider investing? It takes less than 10mins to buy a domain, set up the hosting and transfer your web pages over.

Not trying to be fully negative here, but i just don't see any plan...instead its give us some ped and lets see what happens type of thing. If you have a plan, then share it and people may consider.

--People can do the purchasing of CLD and AUDs on their own, but if it were a large investment opportunity, the ROI wouldn't be as high, for example, The ROI of spending $50,000 on AUDs/ CLDs would be reduced to 7 to 9 years instead of 10-14 years if 90% of the money was spent on buying additional AUDs/CLDs. Additional income would be from services, hopefully Warp Services and maybe OLAs, but As you said, I would have to know what OLA I am investing in. Maybe I could get a Event listing started with a OLA for events of different types... and Security such as healing or body guard services, but that it more of a career service than a SPED Earnings service... There might be a advertising/ promotion and marketing tactic involved that might be integrated in with Interactive maps...
--Sales would be done in Shops, I currently own a shop myself and plan on investing on about 3-4 more shops in the next few months. Sales would also be done through advertising or traders, it would kind of be a community project at the same time to increase movement/sales. The festivals/ events would sponsor "areas" for purchasing specific item types as well as in-game services for certain areas, kind of like a real festival, you are surrounded by stuff that you think people would be thinking about, thus making them more likely to buy it, I would be trading anything and everything. Also considering setting up interactive maps for advertising events.
--I don't have a interest in any OLAs right now, I might consider if the price is low enough compared to what it cost to purchase things to have it running mobs... or ores.... whatever else but IDK, I would invest in Land PLots, but you can only put furniture IN the homes, you can't put furni outside the homes... And they still havn't implemented Shop Capabilities like they said they would on the bigger plots. A privateer could provide larger warp services. I have a career option that in non-warp related.
--Advertising and promotion would be done through ad terminals, I would pay for the ads to always be ad. Also, a interactive map will be on the website for all the planets as well as a interactive calendar, specifying location and dates of events in a showy manner, "Free, but could be a promotion and marketing tactic."
One page would advertise Category oriented well organized shops.
One page would cover events such as races, fashion shows, "gatherings."
One page would advertise Events such as mining, hunting, or trading.
One page would advertise the Society Website and talk about "Careers" Or in-game productivity.
and probably another page covering service opportunities/ groups"projects
Generally stuff that gives an attractive overview of the Entropia Universe as a whole and a connection with the community.
--As for my projects for January 2020, they require nearly no funding whatsoever, they can all be done without funding, they would just cooler, funner, and more attractive if a few things were involved in the equation such as an LA or Warpship.
Some of the projects include Space Security Fleet, Planet Shopping Maps, Direct recognition handbooks for seeing weapons and armor and which armors the weapons are good against and which mobs would be good to use them against and why and what armor should be worn with specific mobs. As well as a chart covering manufacturing and the cycling of materials within the market. I personally am going to be trying to be spending all of 2020 on Rocktropia, If they would reintroduce the election process, It might help if I ran for the economics position to keep track of intergalactic trades. I don't know, I wanted to do all the positions TBH and still plan on doing them whether elected or not, and provide my services to the presidency/ community. Another project is an interactive map integrated with a interactive calendar for promotion and marketing of events and shops...
-As for my "free website domain" I was paying for it along with a few other service on the website for a little over a year, I stopped paying for the domain and VIP package on Wix last year because I didn't want to waste money when I am not using the website, I will pay for the domain service and everything myself come sometime in late 2019, early 2020. Though it would have to be a hefty payment, they charge a LOT of money to continue Domain Service or VIP Package service, it is ridiculous.

I don't think it is negative Darth Revan, I see it as Positive Reinforcement, if it were negative then you wouldn't have backed up your skepticism with liable sources of curiosity.

As far as I know, most of the cool stuff would be funded from my pockets, all the the stuff that makes it extremely interactive and over the top entertaining would be the choice of the "SPED Associates" Otherwise, it is kind of just a Revenue Deed that stacks income based on large amounts of money rather than small amounts of money.

Last edited:
Back