Should you even participate in Summer Mayhem?

Naverith

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Acoomba Naverith Rafael
(Mod: please move this thread to the right place, if this isn't it.)

I've read all the posts about MA's typical cluster-phuque concerning everything from chat window screw-ups, logging in, lag, etc for this (so called) "Summer Mayhem".

The one that concerns me (even though I've experienced ALL the other problems) is the timer for the 10 hours of play.

I started the Level 8 instance. Did about two hours, then got a 5,000 point award. Just for the hell of it, I actually checked my points/time left. It showed 17hrs 57minutes!

It had not registered when I abandoned last years Mayhem, so (I guess) was still counting from that point!

I had a dialogue with MA Support:

I logged in a few days ago to do the Summer Mayhem. I entered the level 8 one and started. After awhile, I got a 5,000 point bonus and kept playing.

I never tracked the mission, til I read something on the forum that the hours were screwed up, so I started tracking the mission on my screen. It said I had 17 hours left!

I thought this Mayhem was only 10 hours? Now what - do I lose the 5K points (I now have over 6K points)?

Hi Naverith,

Thank you for contacting us and please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

We're currently investigating this matter and will hopefully have a reply for you shortly.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Thank you for answering. To protect myself, I will not be entering any more of your Mayhem instances until I know whether or not my efforts are in vain.

If this is so screwed up as to eradicate the efforts we put into it, why enter? If you're in an instance just for the loot, don't waste your time. Aside from the sporadic mini-hof or baby globals, the boxes are full of the same crap you can buy from the Webshop.

I actually HAD a chance to place. I'm using a MM t10, plenty of reload pills, great armor and high evade.

But, as I told MA, I'm not going into another instance til this gets un-phuqued.

As an aside: just hunting at Jason Center yesterday, I got a 458 PED hof and a 850 PED hof. I ended up yesterday with a 1700 PED gain.

Many of my SOC mates won't be entering this Mayhem, due to the massive MA blundering, so should you?

Well going by all the previous mayhems, i already know that i should not bother entering until the bugs are worked out. Every mayhem there is something that messes up from the start and is worked out by around half way through mayhem. At that point is when i start attempting it...considering we no longer have to do 20 hours each try, it is fully reasonable to do this now.

For all those others who decide to enter at the start and then start complaining, look at the history of events, it always happens....make a note for next time.

Also what happened to the practice mode they had the last couple of times for a week prior???...did i miss that or did they decide not to do it this time?

Oh and the boxes are not the same as the webshop ones....so if you are after boxes then grind and keep them, if not after them to open then sell mthem for MU.

What have you found inside the boxes that 1) can be sold and 2) has a MU? All I got in 50 boxes was ammo, critters, collars, pills and fireworks.

What have you found inside the boxes that 1) can be sold and 2) has a MU? All I got in 50 boxes was ammo, critters, collars, pills and fireworks.

Opening Boxes are a great way to depo. Ive been breaking even after Halloween boxes at 3.5ped ea.... Even when my best ring loot was adj aegic. Opened 2k or so last few months.

And if u don't wanna depo u can grind and sell them. Ofc if u compete you'll have to use dps setup sacrificing alot of efficiency and lose peds for each run. But if u don't care about placement just do mayhem efficiently and hunt for mu :). The mobs may have better average mu than what you normally hunt.

edit: I just read last replies, didn't read OP. I agree, MA gotta fix mayhem bugs or it's not worth competing.

Last edited:
Back