Has something happened to Harvestable Trees?

Ranavolana

Old Alpha
Society
Team Varyag
Louise Ranavolana Brooks
More specifically, the areas where they spawn.

I have been away from Calypso for a while, when I returned I thought I would do some tree hatvesting.
The area around Orthos West has always been good. However, when I looked all around there were no trees at all.
I thought at first that someone may have been before me & clear felled every single tree.
But when I returned later when trees should have respawned, nothing?

They were missing over too wide an area for that to be the case.

Can anybody shed some light on this please

Only you can prevent forest fires

well I always consider forest fires someone else's problem - they only happen after I have left the area.

Actually, there is no change - there must have been an extremely active lumberjack who was there before me a couple of times.
Trees respawned just like they used to

More specifically, the areas where they spawn.

I have been away from Calypso for a while, when I returned I thought I would do some tree hatvesting.
The area around Orthos West has always been good. However, when I looked all around there were no trees at all.
I thought at first that someone may have been before me & clear felled every single tree.
But when I returned later when trees should have respawned, nothing?

They were missing over too wide an area for that to be the case.

Can anybody shed some light on this please

I've also tried looking for harvestable trees just yesterday near billy's, but I cannot find any highlighted trees. I've scoured N, NW, and W of Billy's. It used to have a lot of harvestable trees

I asked the same question a month ago: What happened to resource gathering?

They pretty much abandoned the whole profession, and probably reduced the respawn rate to save server resources (my guess).

I used to be able to chop trees almost non-stop, not anymore since it's impossible to find a decent spawn.

It's a shame really.

Last edited:
I still find harvestable trees, where I chopped them in the past.

The problem is the respawn time.

I used to go through 4 areas and then could restart at first area (trees respawned), thats no longer the case.
If I do it now, the 4 areas are dead for some hours.

They seem to have flattened out a lot of areas and at the same time reduced amount
of static objects.
Maybe they have a purpose for it skillwise, but not sure since spawns on other planets
are still the same.

They have moved them around it seems.

Play the game, some areas that require special access (like in Hell) are tree heaven where I burn a tool every 15 mins and never really need to run far.

People like Messi will have you believe this is an asian grinder, where you just need to kill enough to win.

People like me, who has more access to instances than anyone in game, as well as over 3 million ped of RL income producing property that I bought with EU money, will tell you this is a game of markups, and special access...given by playing the game.... is where you find them.

Last edited:
I cannot tell what the situation is now.
When I returned to Calypso I thought I would check out near Orthos Mound - it was always good for trees.
There was no trees at all and I assumed that they may have been removed.

I came back later & there they all were back again. But I noticed that there was another lumberjack in the vicinity.

I returned later & there was nothing - I am unsure if that was down to slower respawning rates or somebody had visited before me (maybe the latter because I did leave some trees alone & those were missing when I returned)

I checked Fort Argus - harvestable trees there obligingly a different colour to male them easier for new players to find.
There were none there - but W of there were plenty of those other trees - just like before & when I returned from chopping them down there were a couple of green leafed trees respawned at Fort Argus.

I returned later when the other trees should have respawned - & found nothing at all. There nor Fort Argus.

There are other places I am aware of, they have trees. They also have ill intentioned mob guardians.

So I think the "problem" is not MA but players with high levels of Resource Gathering, systematically denuding a natural resource :(

FYI there are plenty of trees in places near New Switzerland. Plenty of Argonauts there as well.

This is what I suspect - that trees respawn on Caly on 20 hours turnaround

Back