Support failed me - Any suggestions?

I pay $4 a month in banking fees why would I get a new account just because mine is old?

Protip: Most banks PAY YOU to keep your money there, so maybe that's reason enough.

Protip: Most banks PAY YOU to keep your money there, so maybe that's reason enough.

LOL Well ya there is interest and normal stuff like that but they charge you for things like use of a debt machine and crap like that. You know how the banks nickel and dime ya. :)

LOL Well ya there is interest and normal stuff like that but they charge you for things like use of a debt machine and crap like that. You know how the banks nickel and dime ya. :)

Getting way off topic now, but no... in fact my bank (Ally) even reimburses any ATM fees I incur from out-of-network ATMs. You should not be paying any money to use a bank or any of its features in 2019.

I don't know the answer to the question, but I would have a similar problem in this situation. I have forms of identification, but none of the ones that MA say they will accept.

We don't have national ID cards in the UK, so that one is impossible.

I don't drive. Technically I can, and I do have a driver's license, but it's 20 years out of date because I haven't used it since 1998, with an incorrect address and in an old format (no photo) that isn't generally accepted as ID.

I don't have a valid passport because I haven't travelled outside of the UK since 2001. Passports expire after 10 years here, and the last time I had one I went for the full 10 years without using it once, so I haven't bothered renewing it. I could do it now but it would take a couple of months to sort it out (and cost me £75). Even if I did that, as Bonnie said above, our passports don't have an address on them, so it probably wouldn't be accepted by MA anyway.

If they don't accept the passport then the only way that a non-driver in the UK would be able to provide the (very specific) ID requested would be to learn to drive and successfully pass the test to get a valid license. If you were, for example, legally blind or partially sighted, or have cerebral palsy, even that would be impossible.

I have no idea what I would do if MA asked me to provide proof of my ID. Fortunately they never have.

You can say "I don't know the answer" or say "I think you're gonna have to get some" without being a massive dickhead about it.

One more thing - if anyone can explain why MA require a photo on the ID, when they have absolutely no way of being able to tell if the photo is of me or of someone completely different, I'd love to hear it.

One more thing - if anyone can explain why MA require a photo on the ID, when they have absolutely no way of being able to tell if the photo is of me or of someone completely different, I'd love to hear it.

Exactly! They have no idea what I look like. Shouldn't something like a T4(Income tax form thingy), a utility bill, a bank statement be enough? Or the fact that my own Father and brother play the game and could just confirm who I am. I mean it would be quite the conspiracy for 3 people with the same last name who live in different cities/countries to play for 12 years before deciding to 'steal' an account for the purpose of Depositing money?

I don't know the answer to the question, but I would have a similar problem in this situation. I have forms of identification, but none of the ones that MA say they will accept.

We don't have national ID cards in the UK, so that one is impossible.

I don't drive. Technically I can, and I do have a driver's license, but it's 20 years out of date because I haven't used it since 1998, with an incorrect address and in an old format (no photo) that isn't generally accepted as ID.

I don't have a valid passport because I haven't travelled outside of the UK since 2001. Passports expire after 10 years here, and the last time I had one I went for the full 10 years without using it once, so I haven't bothered renewing it. I could do it now but it would take a couple of months to sort it out (and cost me £75). Even if I did that, as Bonnie said above, our passports don't have an address on them, so it probably wouldn't be accepted by MA anyway.

If they don't accept the passport then the only way that a non-driver in the UK would be able to provide the (very specific) ID requested would be to learn to drive and successfully pass the test to get a valid license. If you were, for example, legally blind or partially sighted, or have cerebral palsy, even that would be impossible.

I have no idea what I would do if MA asked me to provide proof of my ID. Fortunately they never have.

You can say "I don't know the answer" or say "I think you're gonna have to get some" without being a massive dickhead about it.

• You can get a provisional licence photocard very easily even if you dont drive
  • You can get a renewed passport easily for an expired one (I did so a few years ago, I recommend you do so)

You cant get in some nightclubs any more even if you are clearly over 25. You really do need to get up-to-date photoID, I tried to get a parcel a few years back with a valid but expired passport - they wouldnt accept that or the paper original birth certificate.

I dont make the rules, I just watch idiots enforce them. Such is life. ;)

• You can get a provisional licence photocard very easily even if you dont drive

True, but it isn't always taken as valid ID. That said, I'm not sure if you can even do that if you had some form of disability that prevents you from driving, such as being registered blind.

• You can get a renewed passport easily for an expired one (I did so a few years ago, I recommend you do so)

Yes, and for me that would be my first port of call if I needed the ID. It would take a while though, and I'm still not sure if they'd accept it as it doesn't have an address on. As it happens I intend to renew mine soon for entirely unrelated reasons, so if they do accept it, that would solve this problem for me (at least for 10 years), should I ever have it.

Last edited:
You cant get in some nightclubs any more even if you are clearly over 25.

I would think I'm more likely to get refused entry because of being obviously way too far over 25 :D

I tried to get a parcel a few years back with a valid but expired passport - they wouldnt accept that or the paper original birth certificate.

Getting very OT now, but I picked up a parcel from a Royal Mail sorting office about 2 weeks ago merely by waving my debit card in the guy's general direction. I don't think he even checked the name. If he did, he had tremendously good eyesight.

Sure it may also depend on the country...here in Austria (also in germany) you really cant live without an id with Photo (mostly used is a passport)

We have/had so many scams and frauds (like 4 ppl use same medical card without photo to get free medicine and doctor hours, or like 5 ppl are registering on a dummy adress)..so now you need to show it on every thing you need..

I needed/need like my passport almost 4 times a week (doctor,goverment ways or documents getting, also i need it when i go to several customers although they know me..but its in their security procedures and also it is copied sometimes for their documents)

Also i can rly understand ma in this way....not every man is honest in this world...i could get easily eletric bills,and other documents from ppl which throw them away without thinking of any possible abuse there...

AND not to forget....official documents with photo are also registered and eletronically stored through the goverment with eletrical serial numbers (which ma could compare with the goverment ones in a case of a fraud/scam when they need to enable a suit or police to be on a safe side)...

Eddie

What kind of ID can I get, if I don't have a driver's licence?
The Ontario Photo Card is government-issued identification (ID) that you can get instead of a driver's licence.

If you don't have a driver's licence, you may be able to show other ID, such as a passport, PR Card, or a health card.

If you don't want to carry these sensitive ID documents around with you, the Ontario Photo Card may be a good option for you.

https://settlement.org/ontario/dail...can-i-get-if-i-don-t-have-a-driver-s-licence/

Last edited:
Oleg, there is also the citizen card in the UK. £15 21 day delivery, or £30 2 day delivery. Which I guess is similar to other countries national identity cards.
https://www.citizencard.com/what-is-a-citizencard

And yes you can’t get a provisional if you can’t read a number plate from 20m. So would be passport or citizens card I guess.

I would think I'm more likely to get refused entry because of being obviously way too far over 25 :D

Getting very OT now, but I picked up a parcel from a Royal Mail sorting office about 2 weeks ago merely by waving my debit card in the guy's general direction. I don't think he even checked the name. If he did, he had tremendously good eyesight.

• People over 30 do go to nightclubs, they aren't all sitting in wingback chairs in their slippers writing to the Daily Mail. :grumble:
  • Yes, you can use a debit card too to pick up a parcel - I didn't have mine on the occasion I mentioned. So I mentioned it. :silly2:
  • I tried to help, but if you are more stubborn than me, then good luck for the future! :lam:

I can imagine this is used to confirm people via EU money laundering rules, Canadian anti laundering laws, and US anti laundering laws ect. to track money. Most banks now require Photo ID as a result of recent banking regulations worldwide, and yes, if you a have bank account...these agencies all have your photo stored in a database, and share them if needed worldwide. Welcome to the future.

The list of required documentation to open an account in Canada is designed to get at least one valid agency where your information is already stored and can be verified against.

I wont suggest what he should do as I am sure he already knows by now and has plans, but all banks, and institutions like Mindark, have to comply with regulations when certain amounts of money trade hands. (Mindark, if you remember, applied to become a real financial bank..only to hold off due to the 2008 financial effects, if they have any plans in the future to continue this, they will be complying with those regulations) This is the world we now live in.

I'm just guessing here, but I always thought they don't need a photo per se. It just happens that all three of the most secure government identification methods require a photo.

The triplet (id card, drivers license or passport) is used for a lot of things as a means of identification. For example in my country one of them is required to open a bank account so, interestingly, for some things only a credit card is required (because you cannot get one without valid ID) but I doubt the bank uses the photo itself for anything relevant.

This changes from country to country this is just my guess, so I could be wrong.

im honestly surprised that a birth certificate is not accepted. That feels like the most basic form of ID, like if you lost all your crap in a fire and had your birth certificate at your parents for some reason, you could get all your documents back fairly easily with that, right?

im honestly surprised that a birth certificate is not accepted. That feels like the most basic form of ID, like if you lost all your crap in a fire and had your birth certificate at your parents for some reason, you could get all your documents back fairly easily with that, right?

In the state of Minnesota (right across the street from Ontario) you can get a photo ID without even that.

I had to prove who I was to MA a few years back. I sent them a copy of my Passport (British - no address) and this was accepted by them.

All these years I use the web and applications - games and all kind of services, I had to confirmed who am I more than once to several companies and entities. Is not a bad thing :)
Passport, legal goverment ID or driving license! If you an adult and legit person you should have all or something of those at least.
If you wanna continue to use EU, you should do it.

Good luck

This feels like watching an episode of X files.

In my native country national photo ID is mandatory after you're 14.
I have a passport since I was 16. Now I am at the 3rd edition, and will be a biometric one.
Even my health card is a photo id lol

Totally offtopic, but I seriously thought UK and Canada would be countries way more serious about these things.

hehe. I do rarely leave my house. :) I've been to bars a few times never asked for ID. Also the beer store has never asked me for ID but I never really bought it when I was younger so since I'm older now I'm never asked. Never flown anywhere or stayed at a hotel. I know I live a different kind of life then some people but I'm happy and that is all that matters.

Great sympathy and envy you live in a community where trust level is such that this is still possible. I think the world is going to the dogs ever since the invention of bureaucracy. But in playing this game with people from all over the world, it can't be avoided at this point in time. Consider it like travelling, the virtual world is not as borderless as we wish and since some part of you needs to cross a barrier it requires the paperwork. Please don't let this impact your beautiful lifestyle!

Something strange in the neighborhood....has never get a id..want dont make a id...need no id? in my Country Police ask after you id and if you dont have one, the take you to Police Station and check you. Can not believe people in Canada dont have a id..

My suggestions to you..pay 10 Canadian Dollars and get a id and your problems gone..its not rocket science here...

Something strange in the neighborhood....has never get a id..want dont make a id...need no id? in my Country Police ask after you id and if you dont have one, the take you to Police Station and check you. Can not believe people in Canada dont have a id..

My suggestions to you..pay 10 Canadian Dollars and get a id and your problems gone..its not rocket science here...

I think theres more behind this than ID...

I think theres more behind this than ID...

Well considering that OP is 40 and somehow has never needed to go to a doctor or have a prescription filled clearly indicates he's some sort of bionic superhero in hiding. :popcorn:

Well considering that OP is 40 and somehow has never needed to go to a doctor or have a prescription filled clearly indicates he's some sort of bionic superhero in hiding. :popcorn:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well there are countrys with areas where police doesnt visit in years :D

But still no id makes anyone suspicious!

Oleg, there is also the citizen card in the UK. £15 21 day delivery, or £30 2 day delivery. Which I guess is similar to other countries national identity cards.
https://www.citizencard.com/what-is-a-citizencard

Do we know if MA will accept it though?

I can imagine this is used to confirm people via EU money laundering rules, Canadian anti laundering laws, and US anti laundering laws ect. to track money. Most banks now require Photo ID as a result of recent banking regulations worldwide, and yes, if you a have bank account...these agencies all have your photo stored in a database, and share them if needed worldwide. Welcome to the future.

I don't think my bank have my picture, and I don't think that is a standard requirement in the UK. Even if they did, MA still don't have it, so it's irrelevant.

I had to prove who I was to MA a few years back. I sent them a copy of my Passport (British - no address) and this was accepted by them.

Worth knowing, thank you.

Totally offtopic, but I seriously thought UK and Canada would be countries way more serious about these things.

Various governments (mainly the righter-wing ones) have tried to introduce national ID cards here but they've never had popular support for it. Despite recent evidence, we have a strong historical ethos of support for civil liberty here.

Update

I got all my paper work together and I'm applying for an ID on Tuesday(Monday is a Holiday).

So I requested my Gold Card verification be removed b/c I tried to log into the website to deposit money but it gave me a 'bad code' error twice in a row so I gave up and then filed my support case. I wrote down the 2nd failed code for some reason.

Well it is Saturday again (I currently only play on Saturdays with my Dad and Brother) so figured I'd give it a shot logging in. I used the 'bad code' I had written down last week and it worked just fine and let me into the game. So I guess I can still play I just can't deposit any money. Sad times for MA I guess.

In the USA as state government sanctioned online gambling is growing, they will always ask you for ID before your able to deposit.

Think twice in the future, if any gaming site allows you to deposit without ID.

Back