PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Detritus the Troll
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I pay $4 a month in banking fees why would I get a new account just because mine is old?

Protip: Most banks PAY YOU to keep your money there, so maybe that's reason enough.
    Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. - Terry Pratchett

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Usurper Adamas Sheridan
    Society
    Planet Express
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
    Protip: Most banks PAY YOU to keep your money there, so maybe that's reason enough.
    LOL Well ya there is interest and normal stuff like that but they charge you for things like use of a debt machine and crap like that. You know how the banks nickel and dime ya.
    Highest Solo 14.3k Ped Nexnecis, Team 10.3k Faucervix
    Largest Claim 2109 Ped Durulium Stone on cND
    Biggest Crafting 9144 Ped Shriek Basic
    Best Item Looted 425.23 Ped ESI
    ^^ All happened before Mid 2008, Shit All Since ^^

Detritus the Troll
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas View Post
    LOL Well ya there is interest and normal stuff like that but they charge you for things like use of a debt machine and crap like that. You know how the banks nickel and dime ya.
    Getting way off topic now, but no... in fact my bank (Ally) even reimburses any ATM fees I incur from out-of-network ATMs. You should not be paying any money to use a bank or any of its features in 2019.
    Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. - Terry Pratchett

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Alaina Bonnie Knight
    Society
    Titans of Space
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hijacker27 View Post
    No they are not legal photo ID as they do not have your address on them.
    Neither do passports, not here anywhere.
    /join #space_travel 4000+member original space channel-used by the major transport providers
    Click banner below for warp flight info
    Quote Originally Posted by krazykat View Post
    yes, yes, yes so y'all are the hottest skill'in team in the universe....
    EU Discord 1000+ member channel - https://discord.gg/wjBh75B

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Oleg Oleg McMullery
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    I don't know the answer to the question, but I would have a similar problem in this situation. I have forms of identification, but none of the ones that MA say they will accept.

We don't have national ID cards in the UK, so that one is impossible.

I don't drive. Technically I can, and I do have a driver's license, but it's 20 years out of date because I haven't used it since 1998, with an incorrect address and in an old format (no photo) that isn't generally accepted as ID.

I don't have a valid passport because I haven't travelled outside of the UK since 2001. Passports expire after 10 years here, and the last time I had one I went for the full 10 years without using it once, so I haven't bothered renewing it. I could do it now but it would take a couple of months to sort it out (and cost me 75). Even if I did that, as Bonnie said above, our passports don't have an address on them, so it probably wouldn't be accepted by MA anyway.

If they don't accept the passport then the only way that a non-driver in the UK would be able to provide the (very specific) ID requested would be to learn to drive and successfully pass the test to get a valid license. If you were, for example, legally blind or partially sighted, or have cerebral palsy, even that would be impossible.

I have no idea what I would do if MA asked me to provide proof of my ID. Fortunately they never have.

You can say "I don't know the answer" or say "I think you're gonna have to get some" without being a massive dickhead about it.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Oleg Oleg McMullery
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    One more thing - if anyone can explain why MA require a photo on the ID, when they have absolutely no way of being able to tell if the photo is of me or of someone completely different, I'd love to hear it.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Usurper Adamas Sheridan
    Society
    Planet Express
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oleg View Post
    One more thing - if anyone can explain why MA require a photo on the ID, when they have absolutely no way of being able to tell if the photo is of me or of someone completely different, I'd love to hear it.
    Exactly! They have no idea what I look like. Shouldn't something like a T4(Income tax form thingy), a utility bill, a bank statement be enough? Or the fact that my own Father and brother play the game and could just confirm who I am. I mean it would be quite the conspiracy for 3 people with the same last name who live in different cities/countries to play for 12 years before deciding to 'steal' an account for the purpose of Depositing money?
    Highest Solo 14.3k Ped Nexnecis, Team 10.3k Faucervix
    Largest Claim 2109 Ped Durulium Stone on cND
    Biggest Crafting 9144 Ped Shriek Basic
    Best Item Looted 425.23 Ped ESI
    ^^ All happened before Mid 2008, Shit All Since ^^

Chaotic Good
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MegaVolt
    Society
    Kaos
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oleg View Post
    I don't know the answer to the question, but I would have a similar problem in this situation. I have forms of identification, but none of the ones that MA say they will accept.

We don't have national ID cards in the UK, so that one is impossible.

I don't drive. Technically I can, and I do have a driver's license, but it's 20 years out of date because I haven't used it since 1998, with an incorrect address and in an old format (no photo) that isn't generally accepted as ID.

I don't have a valid passport because I haven't travelled outside of the UK since 2001. Passports expire after 10 years here, and the last time I had one I went for the full 10 years without using it once, so I haven't bothered renewing it. I could do it now but it would take a couple of months to sort it out (and cost me 75). Even if I did that, as Bonnie said above, our passports don't have an address on them, so it probably wouldn't be accepted by MA anyway.

If they don't accept the passport then the only way that a non-driver in the UK would be able to provide the (very specific) ID requested would be to learn to drive and successfully pass the test to get a valid license. If you were, for example, legally blind or partially sighted, or have cerebral palsy, even that would be impossible.

I have no idea what I would do if MA asked me to provide proof of my ID. Fortunately they never have.

You can say "I don't know the answer" or say "I think you're gonna have to get some" without being a massive dickhead about it.
    • You can get a provisional licence photocard very easily even if you dont drive
    • You can get a renewed passport easily for an expired one (I did so a few years ago, I recommend you do so)

You cant get in some nightclubs any more even if you are clearly over 25. You really do need to get up-to-date photoID, I tried to get a parcel a few years back with a valid but expired passport - they wouldnt accept that or the paper original birth certificate.

I dont make the rules, I just watch idiots enforce them. Such is life.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Oleg Oleg McMullery
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega View Post
    • You can get a provisional licence photocard very easily even if you dont drive
    True, but it isn't always taken as valid ID. That said, I'm not sure if you can even do that if you had some form of disability that prevents you from driving, such as being registered blind.

• You can get a renewed passport easily for an expired one (I did so a few years ago, I recommend you do so)
    Yes, and for me that would be my first port of call if I needed the ID. It would take a while though, and I'm still not sure if they'd accept it as it doesn't have an address on. As it happens I intend to renew mine soon for entirely unrelated reasons, so if they do accept it, that would solve this problem for me (at least for 10 years), should I ever have it.
    Last edited by Oleg; 06-26-2019 at 22:32.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Oleg Oleg McMullery
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    You cant get in some nightclubs any more even if you are clearly over 25.
    I would think I'm more likely to get refused entry because of being obviously way too far over 25

I tried to get a parcel a few years back with a valid but expired passport - they wouldnt accept that or the paper original birth certificate.
    Getting very OT now, but I picked up a parcel from a Royal Mail sorting office about 2 weeks ago merely by waving my debit card in the guy's general direction. I don't think he even checked the name. If he did, he had tremendously good eyesight.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast