Why is my weapon shooting when I equip?

Rock Stone

Guardian
Ok man..
I noticed a few days ago I was pulling mobs I didn't want to. Got killed a few times and wasting money on ammo. I was in Mulman instance and started investigating. Having a target and then equipping my weapon automatically started shooting. WTF?? Enable anything and it activates instantly. So I looked in the options to see if maybe there was a switch? To my surprise there was a crosshair opacity adjustment. I hate that Big ass freaking ugly thing to begin with so I was happy to see it go away. Like its a crosshair? I would not call that monstrosity a hair. I also disabled crosshair hit marker, and checked hide crosshair when relaxed. Then I noticed my weapon stopped auto firing. I was happy again. But then I re logged the crosshair was back. I cant seem to make it go away now. Is there some combination to completely turn this crap off? It really messes up the artistic quality of this fine game. The auto shoot makes it seem like I'm missing a hand, or so lazy that I cant press a button to shoot my weapon. Is this a new feature? Just be sure I logged out and back in and the cross monstrosity is back. Options still on opacity=0

Agreed , maybe Ludvig will chime in and tell us he sent it to developers to be given a checkbox for option.

The big white bracket is more annoying yet.

Issues like this are usually a result of the horrid key mapping functions they have.
You probably have the same key assigned to the weapon in one key mapping (1-9), and on the * map have the same key assigned to shoot.

yeh its likely you've got the key dbl mapped on * and 1 so is essentially pressing it twice when you try to equip.

Ill check that..
The horrid Crosshair is not coming back now.
I'm not pressing a key.
I'm clicking on the mapped icon for my weapons and heal tool.
I think I get better results when I equip the weapon with the icon, then use the Auto shoot key that I have remapped to "Q".
If I just try to rely on clicking the icon to heal It seems like it don't really work sometimes, if that's how it's supposed to work.
Thanks for the replys.
It's nice to finally not see that thing.:yay:
Rock

Back