Suggestion: Removing Annual Fee for Land Area Global Chat

Larry

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Enviro Larry Lagoono
I would like to see the Annual Fee for Land Area Global Chat removed and instead go back to the one-time purchase Land Area upgrade.

Global Chat is an essential feature of a Land Area if you want to run any kind of meaningful event system, as it's the only real way to track hunter/miner activity. Everyone knows that the change from a one-time purchase to an annual subscription was done by old management as a blatant short-sighted cash-grab that has left many land areas void of activity.

How is a Land Area Owner who wants to develop and grow a dead land area and make it fun supposed to compete against Land Areas that have 'lifetime' Global Chat (same product as what you're asking new Land Owners to pay annually for now) and just basic in-game investments like CLD and AUD etc?

As a Land Area Owner, I can say it takes a large amount of time and effort to develop fun events and promote activity in order to try and enhance what Entropia has to offer (check out Red Ped Redemption, Paid'n'Evade and GrindHouse to get an idea of the kind of time and effort it takes to do something like this), and despite what many people may think, it is tough to make a decent return - especially given the time and energy requirements.

I understand that keeping the Global Chat as an annual fee may look attractive on paper, but I should imagine it raises very little in actual revenue - especially when compared to what could be generated if Land Area owners were able to invest in and develop their Land Areas in order to drive activity and growth - which in my mind is what Entropia is all about.

Hope that makes sense. :)

I agree. In addition, the Teleporter fee should be reduced to the original price of 25,000 PED with a limit of one teleporter per land area.

Current upgrades are extremely cost prohibitive which results in a reduction in overall activity.

Unfortunately MindArk has made absolutely zero effort in support of land area owners as partners in promoting the Entropia Universe in the last several years. While I remain optimistic that this could change, historically it has been deplorable.

Maybe the LA's with the annual fee should be able to edit the TP name in the event terminal when each event is made. Those with the permanent name would be able to do the same if they pay an annual fee also.

Maybe the LA's with the annual fee should be able to edit the TP name in the event terminal when each event is made. Those with the permanent name would be able to do the same if they pay an annual fee also.

Annual fees need to be done away with. We already pay through the nose for fertilizer, and rather than get ANY assistance from MindArk we get to compete with them. The events are almost continuous on Calypso which draw people away from land areas. Why hunt in a taxed zone when you can hunt an event mob tax free? It's the trendy thing to do, after all, and it's tax free!

annual fees creates a lot of trouble due to the disparity between lands, create a non fair competition system and often lead players to quit due to misunderstandings on purchasal. I wonder why mindark didnt remove the whole global naming already.
A simple panel that shows the global made on a certain land is good enought, no need of naming at all.

And while we're at it, why not remove the rent a landowner has to pay for his own landarea when creating an ingame event??
That makes no sense at all! I can understand if you set the event system to public, that outsiders have to pay rent, but why does the landowner??? It's his own land!

And while we're at it, why not remove the rent a landowner has to pay for his own landarea when creating an ingame event??
That makes no sense at all! I can understand if you set the event system to public, that outsiders have to pay rent, but why does the landowner??? It's his own land!

"Event creation cost" is a cost borne by the event creator ( be it LA owner or outsider). The rent comes back in tax the next day and as such it won't matter for LA owner if he creates events of longer duration. I don't think the rent on LA needs any change as it is working as it should.

I agree to an extent with the OP however the issue imo lies elsewhere as i find it insane how MA wants us to compete with them for the same user base with every disadvantage aimed squarely at LA owners. Caly LA owners don't even have repeatable mission mobs and nor do half the mobs on LA's have any mission beyond the irons.

That said I don't think the solution is just by removing this fee. The step backward happened when they removed the option for permanent global naming that was available @ 25k peds. Adding a yearly 5k option made sense but removing the 25k option does not. Now its like i pay 20k for 5 years and so am basically paying almost the same as before ( 20k vs 25k) and all i get is temporary global naming for a period of 5 years.

The real issue is the 9 out of 12 month continuous MA events we need to compete with. This needs to change if MA want a proactive community effort. MA this is 2019 where you have quite a big bunch of LA owners who are extremely proactive with the events and some of the best events have been seen of late. This is not 2010 or 2015 where LA owners really din't do much and the events were crap ( mostly ) and i could understand the need for MA events back then.

You need to assess in real terms how you can work with the LA owners instead of work against them all the time.

Last edited:
"Event creation cost" is a cost borne by the event creator ( be it LA owner or outsider). The rent comes back in tax the next day and as such it won't matter for LA owner if he creates events of longer duration. I don't think the rent on LA needs any change as it is working as it should.

I explain it here at 10:25:

you pay the event creation fee (25 ped per half hour) and you pay 25 ped rent for your own landarea per half hour.
It does not come back the next day.

I agree to an extent with the OP however the issue imo lies elsewhere as i find it insane how MA wants us to compete with them for the same user base with every disadvantage aimed squarely at LA owners. Caly LA owners don't even have repeatable mission mobs and nor do half the mobs on LA's have any mission beyond the irons.

The real issue is the 9 out of 12 month continuous MA events we need to compete with. This needs to change if MA want a proactive community effort. MA this is 2019 where you have quite a big bunch of LA owners who are extremely proactive with the events and some of the best events have been seen of late. This is not 2010 or 2015 where LA owners really din't do much and the events were crap ( mostly ) and i could understand the need for MA events back then.

You need to assess in real terms how you can work with the LA owners instead of work against them all the time.

I 100% agree with this.

As I see it, LA owners were there to fill in the gap for when MA wasn't running events. We bring creativity, investment and legitimate choice for hunters and miners.

As Divinity says, now MA is running events all the time it's putting a lot of pressure on LA owners to try and compete rather than work with MA for hunter/miner attention. LA's can't win in this scenario as MA holds all the cards, so if this continues I think you'll see an overall reduction in event diversity and a loss of overall global activity as MA becomes a monotonous 'take it or leave it' grind event that people will just get tired of.

I don't know if MA is still checking pcf as they've been quiet for a while now (which is a shame, as they were on a roll a few months ago), but I do hope they start to take into consideration some of these important issues.

Last edited:
Back