Suggestion: lag optimization

Aloisius

Stalker
Society
Natural Born Killers
Jo Aloisius Smith
when migration started i noticed lag grow exponentially again but when i was doing some chatting i noticed something. i was trying to give a socmate a pos in the livas area for LT and when i clicked the map for pos nothing happened.

so i clicked again, nothing. so i clicked again, nothing. again, nothing. and two more for good measure and then 10 more because i was pissed off.

what happened next is the reason theres lag.

i got 15 waypoints all at once for the same thing. and i only needed one.

there should be a check for this in the client instead of asking the server again and again.

this is probably a huge key to the problem of lag.

same with the chat lag. when theres no immediate feedback we got to type again and again until something happens. when 100 people do this it's a problem. when 1000 people do this the server balks.

you would think that one little mouse click sent to MA is nothing but its a packet of information and it should be checked before leaving the client for repetitiveness.

ofc, thats not all but i got this said gogogo...

ps; loot pills, probably autoloot pets too, don't work when theres lag. that's not annoying. those pills

pss; another spot this is noticeable is in the jumping jesus jitters when leaving a planet in a ship and it jumps back 4 feet every 3 seconds or so and rises 6 feet over that time. oya another that's not annoying.

the lag just fkn kills everything

Last edited:
you all ok with this lag or not seeing this post as suggestion? say some solution my friends!

Back