You ever feel like this game hates you?

You know the game hates you, if instead of getting a global or
HoF sound, you hear this after every mob loot....

So I'm curious about the numbers.

I put in 100.00 and get 10mill universal ammo.
I run it all through my guns, repair my amps, Fap, weapons, buy enhancers, upgrade my weapons.
In the end I usually end up with around 6,500,000 in ammo.
My repair bills comes out to around 350 ped.
I get usually 250ped or more in MU.
Sometimes I come out even, or ahead.
History wise I lose 40% of my deposit to the game.
Wheres the money going?

I buy stuff off the market.
I bought (U) armor, I bought (U) weapons.
I buy (L) weapons, I buy Mats I need to upgrade.
I'm supporting other players, I'm supporting the game, I'm getting experience.
Even thought I look at my balance and know that I'm short 40%-50% It's not really the case because I have value that is not represented in the TT value of my account.

Try Doing Mining and crafting at the same time... OUCH!!

Were all in this together.
This is such a rare thing to be happening, I think we should all be glad it exists.
This game would not be possible in the US.
It's pure genius!
Enjoy it while you can.
There's always someone looking to take away your fun.
Rock On!

So I'm curious about the numbers.
History wise I lose 40% of my deposit to the game.
Wheres the money going?

It is reflected as a difference between the total income and the total costs in Profit and Loss report and and is commonly known as company's profit.

MindArk is making money. A lot of it. Check their financial statements. Entropia Universe is extremely profitable platform for MindArk.

It is reflected as a difference between the total income and the total costs in Profit and Loss report and and is commonly known as company's profit.

MindArk is making money. A lot of it. Check their financial statements. Entropia Universe is extremely profitable platform for MindArk.

I'm not a financial person, but as far as I can tell from actually looking at the financial statements, they have been operating in debt and at a loss since as far back as the statements go (2015 and 2016 seem to report a very slight "profit"). They seem to be staying alive through their share premium reserve and creative accounting (for example they are counting inactive user holdings as net sales).

I also was under the impression that a company this old that has negative retained earnings is a bad sign, but someone more knowledgeable can correct me.

Here's something fun:

Total liquidity (how much cash they have): 13.6mil
Total player holdings (how much they owe us if we all cash out): 112.1mil

Ever wonder why it takes 60 days to withdraw?

You know the game hates you, if instead of getting a global or
HoF sound, you hear this after every mob loot....

LOL really it is a feeling shared by many of us

To be honest since 10 years ago takes 60 days..

Yea and looking at the past ~10 years of financial statements it seems there's always been a huge disparity between how much MA could potentially cover their liability to players.

2011 for example, it looks like total cash assets were around 8.4mil and total player holdings were ~65mil; in other words they could only cover 1/8 of what they potentially owed players (with cash).

Another interesting note is they claim that historically people only withdraw ~30-35% of their holdings, so they decided that they would only enter 33% of total player holdings on their balance sheet. In other words, they simply left out ~64mil debt from their balance sheet, just because they don't think they will have to pay it. If only their developers were as creative as their accountants.

Don't worry about that 15 minute n00b who is possibly an alt, Mindark avatar or Planet Partner in disguise, or some Doctor or banker who just deposited 2.5 million dollars.

I have been thinking the exact same thing. In fact I can name a few crafting alts who dominate the Daily EP4, Uber HOFs, without ceasing. But ofc, I shall refrain from doing so. No need actually, because its too obvious and everyone knows it. Frankly it seems, the game-host, doesnt give a damn, that we know it. :eyecrazy:

Last edited:
To be honest since 10 years ago takes 60 days..

The message prompt, when extracting peds, STATES, 50 Days. Them, having neglected to change that, might become a problem, for the game-host, in a litigtion suit. ( Not starting one or intending, just saying it can be.) Just like them having changed the "rules' and pushing/forcing that, upon their clients. Bad unethical Business practices. Undermines trust seriouslly.

Franklly, in a world, where we have instant data traffic, including liquid assets, and on such a well secured platform, like Entropia, it is rather "strange", that money flow out, is not instantanious also, regardless of all the "justifications", for a 50 day grace period. Our ingoing deposits are instantanious. Bank is one to two days, grace-period. Its just not right at all. I can immagine people getting fed-up and wanting to revolt. Tyrany will do that.

"Power corrupts. Absolute Power corrupts absolutelly."

Last edited:
The message prompt, when extracting peds, STATES, 50 Days. Them, having neglected to change that, might become a problem, for the game-host, in a litigtion suit. ( Not starting one or intending, just saying it can be.) Just like them having changed the "rules' and pushing/forcing that, upon their clients. Bad unethical Business practices. Undermines trust seriouslly.

Franklly, in a world, where we have instant data traffic, including liquid assets, and on such a well secured platform, like Entropia, it is rather "strange", that money flow out, is not instantanious also, regardless of all the "justifications", for a 50 day grace period. Our ingoing deposits are instantanious. Bank is one to two days, grace-period. Its just not right at all. I can immagine people getting fed-up and wanting to revolt. Tyrany will do that.

50 business days. They are usually well under that. 60+ days is far less than 50 business days.

I forgot that all fraud is caught during those instantaneous payments to MA.
We should get our pitchforks and start a riot.

Net profit
2018=618,787
2017=0
2016=5,433,772
2015=3,056,021
2014=1,329,776
2013=2,216,848
2012=-20,974,158
2011=-7,844,873

2011 and 2012 lost almost 30 million? WTF?:eyecrazy:
I hope 2019 is better.
I want the bills to get paid and the game to stay open.
Rock

weissesschloss.jpg

:wise:

LOL! :laugh: My Gawd man! I dont even want to think what the Kuala Lumpur "retreat" might be. Probably a super-Yacht.

Just a very small cliqk, a handfull, of persons in MA who really have the Power, highest income and austentatious lifestyles to support and uphold at any cost. The rest are just "employee", servs with no "power" at all. Well thats what I think. Not so strange either. Salaries need to be paid, cost be met. In a bad month, the community "feel" the pinch, as the loot-system start draining the peops real hard. Big Boss Bills go first, before all Gamers with pending extraction slips. Especially if the cash is too tight to meet all requests. The way the cookie crumbles lol Pecking order and all that.

Makes you wonder. If the conspiracy theory of alts, is correct, one does wonder how fast such alts would extrct PEDs? 50 Days or instant? We may never know right? lol

GL in there. Watch your spending.

Last edited:
To the OP, on the second day of migration, I hit 2700 ped hof and the next couple of days I had a couple of nice 3 figure globals. All of this on LT's. This week I cannot seem to hit anything and the LT's are draining my ped card. I still have 2500 ped left from the HOF tucked away in storage.

At this point I will revert to my standard play style which is hunt low level mobs and craft items with MU from the material drops. If I carry on with bigger mobs I know my ped will be gone in a week. Make hay while the sun shines and put some of it away because you will get bugger all in the winter.

Incidentally I stopped hunting LT's on the day MA announced the mission changes and then started again once the issued the statement that the grace period would include next years migration. This was the EXACT point that my loot went bad, so it was back to daily missions, the pit and low level mobs

As previously stated you cannot break even on TT only on MU (at the cost of other players)

Just my 2 cents worth

To the OP, on the second day of migration, I hit 2700 ped hof and the next couple of days I had a couple of nice 3 figure globals. All of this on LT's. This week I cannot seem to hit anything and the LT's are draining my ped card. I still have 2500 ped left from the HOF tucked away in storage.

At this point I will revert to my standard play style which is hunt low level mobs and craft items with MU from the material drops. If I carry on with bigger mobs I know my ped will be gone in a week. Make hay while the sun shines and put some of it away because you will get bugger all in the winter.

^^ This. I had a nice LT uber towards the beginning of migration and the first thing I did was immediately stop hunting LT and switch to lower HP mobs with MU because the obvious follow-up to a peak is a valley.

I think a lot of players get a hof and use it to go in even harder, which is really just spitting in the face of statistics and common sense.

Another interesting note is they claim that historically people only withdraw ~30-35% of their holdings, so they decided that they would only enter 33% of total player holdings on their balance sheet. In other words, they simply left out ~64mil debt from their balance sheet, just because they don't think they will have to pay it. If only their developers were as creative as their accountants.

Interesting. However, to be honest, not even the strongest bank expects all clients to withdraw 100% of their deposits at same time, since none of them could work well thinking with financial panic ideas...

I support most of what you say. However, if those who have a bank had to always work with the idea of "sky is falling" they would probably also take 50 days. The alternative was that Entropia Universe had never existed.

^^ This. I had a nice LT uber towards the beginning of migration and the first thing I did was immediately stop hunting LT and switch to lower HP mobs with MU because the obvious follow-up to a peak is a valley.

I think a lot of players get a hof and use it to go in even harder, which is really just spitting in the face of statistics and common sense.

This is completely true. In fact I started well as everyone, but since I only saw the valley without any mountain in between, I also went to hunt small mobs before I finished losing everything. :cool:

Net profit
2018=618,787
2017=0
2016=5,433,772
2015=3,056,021
2014=1,329,776
2013=2,216,848
2012=-20,974,158
2011=-7,844,873

I hope 2019 is better.
I want the bills to get paid and the game to stay open.
Rock

Am I reading the above correctly, you are saying you lost 300,00 USD in 2011 and 2012. Truly I find that hard to believe, I must be reading wrong.:scratch2:

For me the down hill ride started 2010 when the "New" engine was introduced Now I just play for the fun of it.

A noob asked me the other day if he could make money and I said a flat "NO" but I told him I thought the game was fun and just play for that reason and try to keep the depos low and enjoy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Izz
Am I reading the above correctly, you are saying you lost 300,00 USD in 2011 and 2012. Truly I find that hard to believe, I must be reading wrong.:scratch2:

For me the down hill ride started 2010 when the "New" engine was introduced Now I just play for the fun of it.

A noob asked me the other day if he could make money and I said a flat "NO" but I told him I thought the game was fun and just play for that reason and try to keep the depos low and enjoy.

Those are MA's financial statements. Not a players losses.

Those are MA's financial statements. Not a players losses.

Ah, I knew that :eyecrazy:.

That is interesting that they would loose all that money in the 2 years right after they made the game "Better" by introducing the Cry engine and "Fixing" the loot system. I wonder what the statements would like in 2009 and 2010. The 2 years before the release.

Thanks for the clarification :).

Just starting to back off the game. i still go on twitch and look at you tube sometimes to see what's going on. Many miners gone. I hate it that i'm begining to feel that i too may not be able to sustain my gameplay. I just don't know what happened to mining :(

Just starting to back off the game. i still go on twitch and look at you tube sometimes to see what's going on. Many miners gone. I hate it that i'm begining to feel that i too may not be able to sustain my gameplay. I just don't know what happened to mining :(

My last mining global: Thu, 05 Jun 2014 03:16:43

FIVE YEARS. Yes I've mined since then. I've dropped some amps at indoor mining areas. I haven't mined much, but that's part of why I stopped. Yes I know, it shouldn't be all about the globals and that globals don't equal profit. But for me dropping probe after probe and never getting a global got dry and boring. MU also crashed all over - sure there is still mu, but your average or below average miner like myself won't do well going after it.
Then I see people getting HoFs and they are like 100 peds. So not only do you global less, but you get smaller hofs.

How come I can go through 300 ped ammo and get 1-3 globals but go through 300 ped in probes and get none?

Anyhow- this game also hates me, I "came back" full time since migration and have just continued to depo after depo with little to show for it but some completed missions. I got one nice loot to speak of.
I even was in on the 15k Old Fred, and then seriously lost almost all of it in the next hour or so continuing to shoot them.

I thought loot 2.0 made it better and it did IMO, but it still remains TOO DAMN HIGH to play this at "my" level and in any time volume more than 1 hour a day.

be behind 95% return by 5-digits... get 2 digit global, seems fair.
Last payback period was 14 months ago, not fun at all...

I don't know what all of you guys are doing but I can definitely say you are doing it wrong.

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

If something isn't working for you try something different, maybe try a different weapon & mob combination.

Second point is only deposit what you can afford to lose, this is just a game after all.

I'm only level 28 laser (hit) and 22 laser (dmg) 100 health and 46 agility. I hunt mobs with no armor and a gun that cost under 50 ped, since loot 2.0 I'm very happy with my returns averaging about 110% with markup 8 out of 10 runs.

I started playing back in 2006 ish and went on a very long break because I thought the game was against me, I used to count every ped and try to profit, I came back last year and started playing for fun rather than profit and guess what, it's a lot more fun.

I don't know what all of you guys are doing but I can definitely say you are doing it wrong.

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

If something isn't working for you try something different, maybe try a different weapon & mob combination.

People don't like to adapt, they will continue to do the same thing over and over hoping that it will turn around, instead of changing what they are doing. Its the same with many on this forum, no matter what you tell them, they know better and know that their way will work out...until it doesn't.

Myself, i'm actually doing better this year than last. Ended up US$5K in the hole end of 2018 (mainly due to silly purchases i wanted to make and not because of the system returns/mu). This year i am up US$7.4K so far and climbing, so paid off my stupid purchases from last year (hopefully i will not repeat that mistake!). I changed my approach to the game this year as well and it works for me. Others need to do the same, don't repeat your own mistakes!

Last edited:

nice generic phrase without any specifics... so if people have already tried all sorts of different things, then they got to try other different things right?

let me guess, trying different things didn't work out, so now those people should stick to the same instead?

your post is so stupid, i don't even.

Second point is only deposit what you can afford to lose, this is just a game after all.

I'm only level 28 laser (hit) and 22 laser (dmg) 100 health and 46 agility. I hunt mobs with no armor and a gun that cost under 50 ped, since loot 2.0 I'm very happy with my returns averaging about 110% with markup 8 out of 10 runs.

I started playing back in 2006 ish and went on a very long break because I thought the game was against me, I used to count every ped and try to profit, I came back last year and started playing for fun rather than profit and guess what, it's a lot more fun.

Considering you've got a whopping 7 globals total on puny and the loeest level noob mobs you've got zero credibility here. profiting 50 pecs on a 5 ped run isn't the same as a 500 ped run.

Back