PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Goatts
    Society
    Callidus
    Images
    You know the game hates you, if instead of getting a global or
    HoF sound, you hear this after every mob loot....

So I'm curious about the numbers.

I put in 100.00 and get 10mill universal ammo.
    I run it all through my guns, repair my amps, Fap, weapons, buy enhancers, upgrade my weapons.
    In the end I usually end up with around 6,500,000 in ammo.
    My repair bills comes out to around 350 ped.
    I get usually 250ped or more in MU.
    Sometimes I come out even, or ahead.
    History wise I lose 40% of my deposit to the game.
    Wheres the money going?

I buy stuff off the market.
    I bought (U) armor, I bought (U) weapons.
    I buy (L) weapons, I buy Mats I need to upgrade.
    I'm supporting other players, I'm supporting the game, I'm getting experience.
    Even thought I look at my balance and know that I'm short 40%-50% It's not really the case because I have value that is not represented in the TT value of my account.

Try Doing Mining and crafting at the same time... OUCH!!

Were all in this together.
    This is such a rare thing to be happening, I think we should all be glad it exists.
    This game would not be possible in the US.
    It's pure genius!
    Enjoy it while you can.
    There's always someone looking to take away your fun.
    Rock On!

Provider
    tyires tyirepl tyirepl
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Stone View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So I'm curious about the numbers.
    History wise I lose 40% of my deposit to the game.
    Wheres the money going?
    It is reflected as a difference between the total income and the total costs in Profit and Loss report and and is commonly known as company's profit.

MindArk is making money. A lot of it. Check their financial statements. Entropia Universe is extremely profitable platform for MindArk.

Detritus the Troll
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
    It is reflected as a difference between the total income and the total costs in Profit and Loss report and and is commonly known as company's profit.

MindArk is making money. A lot of it. Check their financial statements. Entropia Universe is extremely profitable platform for MindArk.

I'm not a financial person, but as far as I can tell from actually looking at the financial statements, they have been operating in debt and at a loss since as far back as the statements go (2015 and 2016 seem to report a very slight "profit"). They seem to be staying alive through their share premium reserve and creative accounting (for example they are counting inactive user holdings as net sales).

I also was under the impression that a company this old that has negative retained earnings is a bad sign, but someone more knowledgeable can correct me.

Here's something fun:

Total liquidity (how much cash they have): 13.6mil
    Total player holdings (how much they owe us if we all cash out): 112.1mil

Ever wonder why it takes 60 days to withdraw?
    Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. - Terry Pratchett

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Xavier Jr Riquelme
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bard119 View Post
    You know the game hates you, if instead of getting a global or
    HoF sound, you hear this after every mob loot....

LOL really it is a feeling shared by many of us

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Xavier Jr Riquelme
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritus View Post

Ever wonder why it takes 60 days to withdraw?
    To be honest since 10 years ago takes 60 days..

Detritus the Troll
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier_Jr View Post
    Yea and looking at the past ~10 years of financial statements it seems there's always been a huge disparity between how much MA could potentially cover their liability to players.

2011 for example, it looks like total cash assets were around 8.4mil and total player holdings were ~65mil; in other words they could only cover 1/8 of what they potentially owed players (with cash).

Another interesting note is they claim that historically people only withdraw ~30-35% of their holdings, so they decided that they would only enter 33% of total player holdings on their balance sheet. In other words, they simply left out ~64mil debt from their balance sheet, just because they don't think they will have to pay it. If only their developers were as creative as their accountants.
    Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. - Terry Pratchett

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Roger Spacejanitor Wilco
    Society
    (Col.) Arkadia Rouchnecks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    Don't worry about that 15 minute n00b who is possibly an alt, Mindark avatar or Planet Partner in disguise, or some Doctor or banker who just deposited 2.5 million dollars.
    I have been thinking the exact same thing. In fact I can name a few crafting alts who dominate the Daily EP4, Uber HOFs, without ceasing. But ofc, I shall refrain from doing so. No need actually, because its too obvious and everyone knows it. Frankly it seems, the game-host, doesnt give a damn, that we know it.
    Last edited by Spacejanitor; 07-24-2019 at 22:00.

Isle of Troy Plot #5 & Southern Ithaca Plot #14
    Nea's Place TP & Sanctuary Cove TP & Aakas Island Arkadia. Starfinder XIII & Firebird

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Roger Spacejanitor Wilco
    Society
    (Col.) Arkadia Rouchnecks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier_Jr View Post
    The message prompt, when extracting peds, STATES, 50 Days. Them, having neglected to change that, might become a problem, for the game-host, in a litigtion suit. ( Not starting one or intending, just saying it can be.) Just like them having changed the "rules' and pushing/forcing that, upon their clients. Bad unethical Business practices. Undermines trust seriouslly.

Franklly, in a world, where we have instant data traffic, including liquid assets, and on such a well secured platform, like Entropia, it is rather "strange", that money flow out, is not instantanious also, regardless of all the "justifications", for a 50 day grace period. Our ingoing deposits are instantanious. Bank is one to two days, grace-period. Its just not right at all. I can immagine people getting fed-up and wanting to revolt. Tyrany will do that.

"Power corrupts. Absolute Power corrupts absolutelly."
    Last edited by Spacejanitor; 07-24-2019 at 21:44.

Isle of Troy Plot #5 & Southern Ithaca Plot #14
    Nea's Place TP & Sanctuary Cove TP & Aakas Island Arkadia. Starfinder XIII & Firebird

Banned
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Thaddeus Rusty Venture
    Society
    Death Lords
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacejanitor View Post
    The message prompt, when extracting peds, STATES, 50 Days. Them, having neglected to change that, might become a problem, for the game-host, in a litigtion suit. ( Not starting one or intending, just saying it can be.) Just like them having changed the "rules' and pushing/forcing that, upon their clients. Bad unethical Business practices. Undermines trust seriouslly.

Franklly, in a world, where we have instant data traffic, including liquid assets, and on such a well secured platform, like Entropia, it is rather "strange", that money flow out, is not instantanious also, regardless of all the "justifications", for a 50 day grace period. Our ingoing deposits are instantanious. Bank is one to two days, grace-period. Its just not right at all. I can immagine people getting fed-up and wanting to revolt. Tyrany will do that.

"Power corrupts. Absolute Power corrupts absolutelly."
    50 business days. They are usually well under that. 60+ days is far less than 50 business days.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast