Question: Does eco still matter for faps?

Detritus

Sel-requested Deactivation
Detritus the Troll
I am mostly using Adj Resto but looking for an "emergency" fap. I currently use a Regen XI L chip, and just wanting a UL option since the MU is insane. There's some old-school faps that can be obtained on the cheap which heal quite a bit but their eco is terrible (e.g. 2500 Deluxe). Under Loot 2.0, IIRC, the heal decay is returned to you in loot, provided you heal in combat - it would stand to reason, then, that the fap's eco doesn't really matter under 2.0. Is this correct? I feel like there's a flaw in this logic...

Eco still matters since not 100% of the decay will be returned to you (90% but thats only based on my assumption and not on facts) but i agree that the MU on some L tools might cost you more in the long run than a slightly less eco but UL healing tool with simillar healpower.

myself ill go the save way and still try to use an eco fap, i dont believe in 100% return on cost of the fap so even its 95% long term will matter.

Last edited:
I appreciate the responses. Has the return on heal decay ever been tested? I saw in one thread someone claimed it's only 30%, but didn't present any data to back it up. I went back through the original Loot 2.0 announcement and the follow-up threads but I didn't find anywhere MA claimed any particular value for how much is returned.

I believe def cost doesn't matter anymore unless you go absolutely crazy.

I appreciate the responses. Has the return on heal decay ever been tested? I saw in one thread someone claimed it's only 30%, but didn't present any data to back it up. I went back through the original Loot 2.0 announcement and the follow-up threads but I didn't find anywhere MA claimed any particular value for how much is returned.

MA says:
Most of the decay from healing and using armor is now compensated for in the loot of the mob. On top of this the actual amount of decay to the armor per damage absorbed was reduced greatly. Overall the cost for healing and armor usage is less than 5% of what it used to be.

More official statements here.

I have tested a few faps. It seems that as a general rule, a high % of the fap decay is returned in loot, comparable to that of a weapon, only to the extent of the actual heal which is used (overhealing is not compensated).
There seems to be some exception to this, however, as is the case with high eco faps like the Improved FAP which seems to allow a significant amount of over-healing while still returning loot comparable to that of using a weapon (90-95%).

I believe it does, the problem is that testing is very dependant on how you frame the question and I am pretty convinced that MA didn't lied to us, but we got it wrong. Of course, is still a hypothesis on my behalf and I can't think of a proper way to test. What I believe is that is not your actual decay being returned, but a theoretical standard cost of the damage inflicted by mob. So not only eco of faps but eco of armor vs faps matter. However, if you don't go ballistic with some fap like the one you mentioned, it shouldn't matter either way. I am not careful at all with armor and fap and every time I checked def. costs was max 1%, which is low enough for me to really not care how it actually works.

I would say eco of armor/fap still matters but 90% decay return made the difference way smaller. You now not lose whole eco difference but only 10% of that difference by using lower eco tools. That made MU on L tools hard to justify in most cases.

I can't think of a proper way to test.

What I have done to test decay return on FAPs is to go to a shared loot mob with splash damage and tank damage naked while healing. This isolates the FAP as the only cost I personally input into the mob.
This method seems to work best at Diablos, since they are continuous splash damage and usually people stand relatively close together. By utilizing this method I have been able to observe various results from various faps.

Back