PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: F.O.M.A. Notes

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Does Mindark plan to ever put the disco ball room back in FOMA at some point in the future?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Galen Galen Startrader
    Society
    Startrader Syndicate

Thumbs Down

Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    StarTrader's General Store
    (all items I viewed in the shop appear to be priced way over auction prices imho)
    (Owner: Dustin Dusty Startrader)
    I'm curious to know which auction you're looking at to come to that conclusion? The price of items, and the MU on them, varies planet to planet. If you're looking at the Calypso auction then yes, things on the Asteroid are more expensive because there's a Higher MU. Just as Vibrant Sweat sells for 1.3 PED per 1k on Calypso, but sells for 2+ PED per 1k on Arkadia. Some items are more rare, and thus more valuable, on some planets vs others and the MUs reflect the auction prices of the planet you are currently on. That's how smugglers like us make our living.

I find it interesting you have your store plastered with various achievements you've made in E.U. yet don't know how the Auction systems, Markups and Smuggling works. Perhaps you should learn how to price items before trying to open a shop at all?

If you look at the MU of the items in question in our store, which is one of the oldest & most well stocked stores on F.O.M.A., you'll see all our items are priced well below MU. In any case, you could have simply contacted us via the live support (the huge "LETS CHAT" button on the website you linked to, so I assume you did visit it) and made your concerns known and/or PMed myself or my husband (Dusty) rather than leaving a rude comment about us here on the forums.

I find it nicely ironic that, after tripping my way through the massive amount of gaudy decorations you have in your new store, I found a sign saying to contact you if someone thinks your pricing is too high yet you couldn't be bothered to return the favor.

The Startrader Syndicate is usually well known for helping newbies get started in Entropia, so you really shot yourself in the foot with this one. I'd say welcome to F.O.M.A., but with an attitude like you've displayed here and the absurdly low pricing you have in your shop, you won't last long running a shop on it. Next time, you might try being nice to your neighbors rather than posting rude, uncalled for, scathing statements about them on the forum trying to advertise your tacky little store.

Chief Executive Officer
    Merchant Prince of the Startrader Syndicate
    Visit https://i3k.org for a full list of our web properties.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenStartrader View Post
    The price of items, and the MU on them, varies planet to planet.
    FOMA is NOT a planet, it's an asteroid and recent changes in space have made it much easier to travel between Calypso and FOMA...

basically thruster decay is only thing that should allow real markup difference between Calypso and FOMA as things are currently as the old standby 'well it's in a pk zone so I can justify overpriced crap' just doesn't stand any more so much as it used to. As far as the thruster decay goes, it's no more than shopkeeper decay really, so even that isn't really justification for overpriced stuff. In olden days when there was a landing fee for each planet, it may have been a bit justified... but that fee no longer exists, just as the monthly upkeep fee for shops that existed long ago no longer exists...

For other planet's goods, yes markup can vary a bit.

I do apologize if you found my comment rude. I have removed it from the first post. I'll try to not be so harsh in the future. Just irritating to see nice shops having way overpriced stuff in them all too often... results in many shops having the same stock forever, months, years, etc.

and yes, some Avatars will definitely think some of the stuff in my shop is overpriced too, lol. Just part of the game I suppose.
    Last edited by mastermesh; 11-09-2019 at 12:22.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Galen Galen Startrader
    Society
    Startrader Syndicate
    FOMA is NOT a planet, it's an asteroid and recent changes in space have made it much easier to travel between Calypso and FOMA...

basically thruster decay is only thing that should allow real markup difference between Calypso and FOMA as things are currently as the old standby 'well it's in a pk zone so I can justify overpriced crap' just doesn't stand any more so much as it used to. As far as the thruster decay goes, it's no more than shopkeeper decay really, so even that isn't really justification for overpriced stuff. In olden days when there was a landing fee for each planet, it may have been a bit justified... but that fee no longer exists, just as the monthly upkeep fee for shops that existed long ago no longer exists...

For other planet's goods, yes markup can vary a bit.
    There's also the matter of smuggling it past pirates, the skill & finesse that takes, repairing the damage to our ships & compensating for any lost loot if we get shot down. Although at this point, most of the pirates know better than to shoot down a Startrader ship; I'll sit at Caly SS & hunt them for days or weeks if necessary if they do.

Technically, no, F.O.M.A. isn't a planet, just as Monria isn't a planet, it's a moon, but it was easier to say "planet" than say "every planet, moon, asteroid, instance, or location"; a matter of semantics really. Anywhere that has its own auction, which F.O.M.A. does, has different MUs since the MU is calculated using the averages from the auction of that location.

I've had some major (life threatening) health issues these past 2 years so other than logging in to check on sales, we haven't been on much & a lot of MUs have changed rather dramatically so you're right that our shop is currently overpriced. I can't fix something if I don't know it's broken, so now that I know, our pricing will be adjusted. Dusty has spent the last 3 days going through our inventory re-pricing it on Calypso so we will be adjusting our pricing here soon, hoping to have that done by this weekend.

Now that I've been ordered to opt for early retirement, and am the type that will go insane if I sit around doing nothing I'm planning on being on EU a lot more so I at least have something productive to do that does bring in some money, letting Dusty take over most of my duties as Chief of Operations (C.O.O.) and have me acting in an advisory capacity only as C.E.O. of my gaming firm.

I do apologize if you found my comment rude. I have removed it from the first post. I'll try to not be so harsh in the future. Just irritating to see nice shops having way overpriced stuff in them all too often... results in many shops having the same stock forever, months, years, etc.
    I appreciate & accept your apology, we were just offended that out of all the shops you listed we're the only ones you had something negative posted about when we've spent well over $10,000 USD building our shops & services in E.U. We're not one of the shops that usually sits idle or has the same inventory & the site does show the last time the inventory was updated, however we had only been updating the quantity on hand as things sell so we were unaware that the MUs have dropped significantly. With as much inventory as we carry it can be a bit hard to keep up with even when we were on here daily.

Perhaps you could put our description as (Has a little of everything & offers delivery) or something to that effect; you can also update the owner's name to Galen Galen Startrader as I'm taking over keeping up with the shop so Dusty can focus on running the games we own. We're the only shop I'm aware of that offers delivery & now that landing fees are gone I often give people free trips to the Asteroid to go shopping, which benefits us all.

and yes, some Avatars will definitely think some of the stuff in my shop is overpriced too, lol. Just part of the game I suppose.
    You are right about that one. When we first started, our Soc was focused on helping newbies get going. We spent thousands of USD giving away things at TT or for free trying to help people but the final straw for me was when we blew through a $50 Warp Engine in a week, giving our Soc free warps & keeping them alive so they could hunt spending God knows how much on ammo, then asked them to at least pay us for any future warps at cost; just to have the majority of them chew us out for "daring" to ask them to pay for Warps. I'm just like uh, we just blew over $3,000 this month alone helping y'all & you're going to b*tch? Yeah, no. So, for the most part, we don't help people on EU anymore but we do try to be fair with our pricing, we just weren't aware MUs had changed so dramatically in the last couple years.

If you notice that again with us, or any other store for that matter, you might try PMing the owner first; it may just be, as it was in our case, that they've been inactive and are unaware the MUs have changed. MA made a lot of changes in the last couple years alone which impacted the economy (and thus the MUs) rather dramatically. In our case, the Live Support on the website is signed in to my desktop and cell 24/7/365 so I may not always answer it but I will get the message even if I'm not active on EU.

Chief Executive Officer
    Merchant Prince of the Startrader Syndicate
    Visit https://i3k.org for a full list of our web properties.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2