Suggestion: Allow more items in shops.

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
Maria Mesh
Currently some items cannot be placed in shops. A few examples are Apartment deeds, Rings, and a few other things... Lets let this stuff be added to shops. I think they can be put in shopkeepers, so just allow em in basic shops too please. Thanks.

Also, several items are unable to be traded. This is a Real Cash Economy, so why not let all items be traded?

Also, several items are unable to be traded. This is a Real Cash Economy, so why not let all items be traded?

There are individual reasons for each of these and the discussion about it has been had intensely. I'm not sure if you maybe rather mean items which are tradeable but cannot be put on auction, for these I'd agree that I don't see a good reason for such inconsistency.

Currently some items cannot be placed in shops. A few examples are Apartment deeds, Rings, and a few other things... Lets let this stuff be added to shops. I think they can be put in shopkeepers, so just allow em in basic shops too please. Thanks.

I agree that this is an area where MA could improve things to give shops an edge over auction. With the upcoming Auction House interface overhaul, I have a feeling that shops will lose some of the advantages that they have always had. For example, one of the perceived advantages is the ability to set prices to the second decimal place, while on the auction, this is currently not possible. With the interface overhaul however, it's quite likely that this will change, if MA listens to the community's feedback (see this Poll).

I believe that there are basically 2 types of items which cannot be dropped anywhere and therefore the only way to sell them is via a shop keeper:
- Vehicles
- Deeds

This forces people to buy a shop keeper if they wish to offer any of these in their shops. It should be simple enough to make it so it's possible to drop Deeds on surfaces and displays, like any other item in the game. Vehicles may need to have a miniature 3D model made similar to Pets have, for display purposes.

I think that Shops being able to sell certain non-tradeable items such as webshop armor, guns (barbarella), and strongbox keys could be a very nice advantage indeed and should be looked into.

Back