CND culture

Amanita

Alpha
Society
Free
AMANITA
Hiya!

I love all things Entropia.

However...I'm not a club kiddy or a metal kiddy or anything to do with CND & NEVERDIE's branch of crud.

Public hype and strobe lights will not get my attention.

If there's biodomes with different mobs...try out biodomes with different music.

If you want a global audience...then entertain a global audience.

Yeah!

rep to u

& plz for the sake of good music, stop playing that "neverdie neverdie" track, if possible. :trout:

i went to cnd to hunt foul on monday

i ended up flying back with the same pilot who took me up, i was ther 10 mins i think, i know some peeps like metal etc, but damn i had to leave

was a lil overpowering for my taste

also i have a slight problem in the new disco, suffering from mild epilepsy is not a problem irl, but with that amount of strobing there should really be a health warning somewhere...

wiki said:
Strobe lights and epilepsy
Strobe lighting can trigger seizures in photosensitive epilepsy, thus most strobe lights on sale to the public are factory-limited to 10~12 flashes per second in their internal oscillators, although externally triggered strobe lights will often flash as frequently as possible. At a frequency of 10 Hz, 65% of affected people are still at risk. The British Health and Safety Executive recommend that a net flash rate for a bank of strobe lights does not exceed 5 flashes per second, at which only 5% of photosensitive epileptics are at risk. It also recommends that no strobing effect continue for more than 30 seconds due to the potential for discomfort and disorientation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strobe_light

so that says in uk 5flashes per sec and a maximum of 30 seconds for health protection (ok a lot of nightclubs will push those regs) but in disco the strobe never turns off:p

(waits for extra line in eula telling me its my fault lolz)

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few... apparently.

Requested playlist.

Bugge Wesseltoft
magic and accident + radio boy
Mathew Herbert for some real mindbenders.
Actually squarepusher etc for more of that.
Some classical stuff, not often - just every now and then to get away from the frantic that often is.
Pink Floyd, as a homage to the departed yesterday.
Nancy Sinatra
Frank "
Stuff that I've never heard.

Working On building all kinds of playlists for CND, including classical and I'm glad theres some demand for Sinatra :) Will do a Pink Floyd Tribute this Saturday Night.

Will be looking at all other requests too.

Might eventualy have Playlists for different Domes. Currently CND is very live and playlist is very dynamic. That becomes more of a challenge with multiple streams.

We already playing Rock, Hip Hop, Reggea, metal, House,, Trance Electronica and Pop.... Until we publish scheduled time slots for styles its gonna be tough to know what you might encounter.

Bear in mind its a lot of work simply to run a single Genre specific radio station. Were talking multiple genres and possible Multiple Channels with also Regular Live events.. This is definately a process..

Lighterthief said:

i ended up flying back with the same pilot who took me up, i was ther 10 mins i think, i know some peeps like metal etc, but damn i had to leave

Errm, their is a Music volume control :p

AkiranBlade said:

I was just going to write this, when I saw your reply :D

heheh :) ahh someone had to go and mention the volume cotrol :p lolz

Lighterthief said:
heheh :) ahh someone had to go and mention the volume cotrol :p lolz

Well, n00bs can't know everything, right? So that kind of information is quite good :D

:silly2:

Also there is an opition in the CL to switch off streamed music :confused:

Well, on another note. cND is THE "music" place in EU - and has gotten famous because of that. You know when you go up there, that there WILL be music on screens etc. (has been publiced for quite a while) - and having different kind of music up there is just an extra service / feature, if you ask me. So yes. If you still wanna hunt there because of the great doomes, it's really no big deal to switz the music off before entering the space resort ;)

Violet said:
Also there is an opition in the CL to switch off streamed music :confused:

If you do, your loot's in the Biodomes will be "average" :D :laugh: ..
Sorry had to say it, I'm not much of a cnd person myself either, I think i've stayed in cnd for about 3 days before going nutz and going back to the fresh and open wilderness in Calypso..

The biodomes make me claustrophobic... walls closing in on me, smaller, darkness sweeping in.. nooo!! :umn:

Then the Neverdie song gets stuck in my head for days...
Cnd is good to go on once in a while, I still can't comprehend how some people actually spend most of the time there or live there, I guess it all comes down to personal preference... just thinking about getting a flight back and waiting around is dreadful enough, needless to say spending 40 peds on flights (20 on way there, 20 back) is just not my thing and my Ped card doesn't appreciate it either..

and having different kind of music up there is just an extra service / feature

Extra? Thats what a "Club" it's supposed to do, especially a Good Dj knows this, I think having different types of Genre's in music is a necessity, not an "extra" or optional feature... a Good Dj can tell you that.. at least IMO.

AkiranBlade said:

Lykke said:
I was just going to write this, when I saw your reply :D

:eek: There is also turning off the speakers :D

VeNgeNcE said:
:eek: There is also turning off the speakers :D

But that would actually require me to remove my limbs from my Keyboard and Mouse. Not good! :wise: :laugh:

just big respect for NEVERDIE of Metal Mondays, is what i'm gonna say.

If you dont like music, turn the streaming off, or disable music in EU, put your iPod on and turn off speakers, ffs.

Mikah said:
Extra? Thats what a "Club" it's supposed to do, especially a Good Dj knows this, I think having different types of Genre's in music is a necessity, not an "extra" or optional feature... a Good Dj can tell you that.. at least IMO.

No - they are not "supposed" to play everything. If you go to a jazz club I doubt you hear Heavy - if you go to a pop club I doubt you hear Heavy too. If your dealing with a techno DJ, he/she won't play Heavy. If you hear what NEVERDIE use to play, Heavy is a totally different genre.

I think it's good there is something for everyone up there, since it is all about music, and since we do have different taste about that. And I think it is a service, that NEVERDIE is not only focusing on his own "kind" of music or some ordinary genre, which is so-so for everyone - but tries to get around as wide as possible.

Lykke said:
No - they are not "supposed" to play everything. If you go to a jazz club I doubt you hear Heavy - if you go to a pop club I doubt you hear Heavy too. If your dealing with a techno DJ, he/she won't play Heavy. If you hear what NEVERDIE use to play, Heavy is a totally different genre.

Well, CND hasn't specified what "type" of club it is, all we know it's a club, if you go to a Jazz Club I don't expect to listen to hip hop, or if I go to a Latin Club I don't expect to listen to Jazz.. but then, what type of club is CND supposed to be other than a virtual club?

All I know is they have Genre nights, let's say for example "Metal Mondays" etc... but other than that, I haven't heard anything about cND being a specific Genre, thus if I go to a club on a night that there is no specific genre, I would expect a variety of music... , unless a specific genre for the club is set, a variety of music shouldn't be "Extra" Imo, but hey, I'm just a customer ;)

It had been a while since I gone to CND but last night I decided to go and use up some of my low tt 102 amps. I actually really enjoyed the music playing it was very nice to hear something different than the tracks MA has endowed upon the mass public of EU. While the music playing was not totally my style I did like it a great deal. Its also nice to broaden your horizons and listen to something outside your norm. I also like the fact ND is making an attempt to please all types of music taste. I am a great fan of music, films, and art so that being said some of the improvements made to EU here recently (oxford and live stream at CND) are right up my alley. To me it will be a big draw in my future trips to CND. PLUS I will have to try Metal Mondays :headbang:

Sirhc said:
PLUS I will have to try Metal Mondays :headbang:

yes!!! ;)

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Nea said:
yes!!! ;)

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

- Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hhhhhhhh huhuhuuh That's Cool ..... Errrrrrrrr Yeah !

- Yeah yeah yeah ! Metal Yeah :headbang:

:rofl:

NEVERDIE said:
Will do a Pink Floyd Tribute this Saturday Night.

Woot!! Wooot!!!

RIP, Syd!!!

I visited CnD for the headbanger event last saturday and i really enjoyed the streaming music and ND talking to the participants trought his microphone.
The day after i ended my visit with a mining run enjoying the dance music playing in the domes.
I really like the streaming music :)

Amanita said:
Public hype and strobe lights will not get my attention.
Sure they will. After all, the "hype" and the "lights" got you to start this thread, now didnt they? ;)

Amanita said:
If you want a global audience...then entertain a global audience.
This one made me laugh. Have you ever been to CND for more than a day? I would think that he IS doing his best to entertain a global audience. The fact that you may or may not have liked the music there during your limited stay simply means that you were not part of the targeted demographic that day. The music there is constantly changing.. One night you have metal, one you have reggae, punk, 1950's rockabilly music, old school comedians, and the list goes on.

I am on CND a good bit, and the music is awesome. If you dont get into the particular genre that is being focused on, just wait a couple hours. In the meantime, you can hum to yourself, "I have never seen the sky look so alien"....

Lighterthief said:

also i have a slight problem in the new disco, suffering from mild epilepsy is not a problem irl, but with that amount of strobing there should really be a health warning somewhere...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strobe_light

so that says in uk 5flashes per sec and a maximum of 30 seconds for health protection (ok a lot of nightclubs will push those regs) but in disco the strobe never turns off:p

(waits for extra line in eula telling me its my fault lolz)

2 WORDS, MORE STROBES!!!! :D (And handpuppets)

NEVERDIE said:
Bear in mind its a lot of work simply to run a single Genre specific radio station. Were talking multiple genres and possible Multiple Channels with also Regular Live events.. This is definately a process..
I kow exactly what you mean ND i run and own a internet radio station with over 20 dj's and the work involved to keep every one in line and on time is an efford and if you are doing this all alone my heart goes out to you

if i can be of any help with the streaming send me a pm

Back