PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 30 ... LastLast
    Provider
    Deluxe Angel Deluxe Flying
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    This new system sounds super good, might bring some new life to EU! Hopefully it will work smoothly! Time for a new change, happy days!

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis|MindArk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

We in the management have read the feedback and we will extend the grace period to approx one year. It is better to admit when in fault, this is one of those times and we have therefore reconsidered.
    Current mission system is based on kill count/points where the new is based on the contribution calculation.
    My bold - Dennis, please please please think a bit more about what readers either know or do not know when you write 'approximately', specifically here, and in general when you write to us.
    As Granny has commented, we don't know if migration will be included because of what you have written in a vague way.

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Rowan View Post
    1 year approximately to complete legacy missions. As compromises go this seems very good. But that approx. bothers me.
    Could you at least clarify if it will include migration next year, as many of us on bronze or silver were counting on doing say 2/3rds this year and completing the mission next year. Currently because of the doubt I stopped hunting LT completely with my mission 1/3rd done. Unless I know that migration next year will definitely be included in that time allowed for completion of missions, I will not be returning to the event this year, and perhaps never. Trust is a wonderful thing, easy to break and hard to restore.
    Clarity helps build trust.
    While it is true that if you don't know the exact vu date for the start, including migration will mean 'approx' one year grace period. But we don't trust that given our past experiences, so please make things like this clear. As you can see, it has consequences for people right now what will happen one year from now, as Granny says. Build trust by also being clear and thinking about consequences for players. Thank you.

edit - or this to Ludvig too as you are logged on right now - thank you for being online also during holidays. That is appreciated.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Magnus Svarog
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsina View Post
    As Granny has commented, we don't know if migration will be included because of what you have written in a vague way.
    Pretty clear to me, the grace period of 1 year starts with the implementation of the new system which is going to happen in Q3, long after migration:

Quote Originally Posted by Bertha Bot View Post
    This grace period will extend approximately one month from the implementation of the new mission system.
    (which is now 1 year)

Prowler
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Jimmy Xpl0jd Volten
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    To remove all the progress for everyone is so stupid so i did never imagine this would happen.
    I have so many missions I spent insane amount of hrs to progress on to get my reward some day.

Whats next, The skill system?
    Will you also change the skill system and reset all skills?

This makes me very worried...

hypnotica TRANCE blain
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BBpunisher View Post
    Hey let's roll out a shit idea while everyone is on vacation
    I know a shit idea, we all go also in summer holiday, and dont play

Old Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Saphira Amethyst Star
    Society
    Prestige
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpl0jd View Post
    To remove all the progress for everyone is so stupid so i did never imagine this would happen.
    I have so many missions I spent insane amount of hrs to progress on to get my reward some day.

Whats next, The skill system?
    Will you also change the skill system and reset all skills?

This makes me very worried...
    The change is inevitable since the current mission system is built on an old script system which is unfortunately not applicable to the new script systems, hence why they need to change it.

I think it's great that they want to update the game and modernize the game/system, a system that's gonna bring less bugs and server crashes in the future.

I can agree that maybe healers should get contribute points but def not scanners! Scanners do not contribute one bit and this will exploited in the future.

Great that MA listen to feedback and extended the grace period to 1 year instead of like 1 month.

Entropia is more than a game in many aspects but it's still a game.

Detritus the Troll
    Images
    IMO the current mission system sucks ass, so I think it's great if they are improving it. I personally don't give a shit if my missions get reset, but I do think it's really fucking odd that MA can't be bothered to do a data conversion. I can't see how it would take any developer more than a couple of days to write, and would save MA the huge flood of "thIS iS the FInAl StRaw iM quiTTiNG".

edit: Yes I see where Dennis said the two systems are "incompatible", but that's literally what the point of data conversion is.
    Last edited by Detritus; 07-22-2019 at 11:05.
    Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. - Terry Pratchett

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Prophet the Prophet from Planet Zen
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphira Lucky View Post
    The change is inevitable since the current mission system is built on an old script system which is unfortunately not applicable to the new script systems, hence why they need to change it.
    Both made by Mindark, hence the incompatibility

I think it's great that they want to update the game and modernize the game/system, a system that's gonna bring less bugs and server crashes in the future.
    It's still made by Mindark, i can't really agree or be too optimistic, sry

I can agree that maybe healers should get contribute points but def not scanners! Scanners do not contribute one bit and this will exploited in the future.
    Only because you don't use scanners doesn't mean they don't contribute anything. Decay is decay, get over it

Great that MA listen to feedback and extended the grace period to 1 year instead of like 1 month.

Entropia is more than a game in many aspects but it's still a game.
    It's only the most expensive "game" in the world, i think we can really demand a better roadmap and some longterm investment security of both our money and time, not a few fuckup every 6 to 12 months. Not even their friggin Camera Mode is working properly yet, but you applaud to the next Ground Zero already. Way to go!
    Free from desire, you realize the mystery. Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations. Yet mystery and manifestations
    arise from the same source. This source is called darkness. Darkness within darkness. The gateway to all understanding. 道德經 老子
    Eyes closed -.-

Dominant
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Granny Rowan Render
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    Polite request to all MindArk employees that post in threads on PCF, especially ones such as this where they are answering player concerns.
    The initial post goes to all the game forums for the individual planets as well as to pcf, yet important additional info from MindArk does not.
    Not every player uses pcf, or logs into it regularly, often they only check the forum for their planet, so where it is as important as the reply from Dennis about extended overlap between systems, would you please also publish to the threads on the other forums, I am sure Bertha could be persuaded to do that for you if you don't have the time to show consideration to those players in the rest of the game (outside of Calypso)

Quote Originally Posted by Svarog View Post
    Pretty clear to me, the grace period of 1 year starts with the implementation of the new system which is going to happen in Q3, long after migration:

(which is now 1 year)
    Maybe you have the same sort of time sync problems as MA, but Q3 is where most people are right now. April-Mar financial years exist in places, but that's not an MA timeline, is it?
    Also, even if something is pretty clear to me, there are often good reasons why something is not clear to everyone (sometimes 'cos they have thought more than me, sometimes less). 'Me' is a rather uninclusive bubble for comprehension purposes

Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 30 ... LastLast