Dev Notes #20 - Mission System

I would have thought all progress is probably in a fairly simple sql database. If so, there is absolutely no reason why MA cannot just update the new mission system with current progress.

How badly is this game programmed, that they are unable to transfer current progress?

Or am i being an idiot, and it is FAR more complicated than it needs to be?

(make an sql table of avatars and iron missions with current progress, easy peasy. Then use that damn table when the new mission is reinstated.)

Rgds

Ace

I see a pretty good idea, if it's possible to implement - give people % of skill from current progress. It should be a "mission closure terminal" where you can pick up skill from previous missions, depending on your progress on each and start over the current stage of the mission, if progress was <50% or next one if progress over 50%.

Addressing various points...

1. It's not just "Legacy" players. This hurts a lot of the people who have given the most money to MA. And everything is relative, even if someone hasn't deposited thousands, it may be a lot to them.

2. You may not care about missions but a lot of people enjoy doing them. Not everyone is like you, in fact I'd guess more play for fun, progress, etc. than play strictly or mostly to profit, like you.

3. A lot of people can't "just" bang out a shitload of missions or even just the most important ones in a few months. Not everyone has the time to play that you seem to.

4. They could in fact carry the progress in one stage from one system to another, unless the structure has changed. But if it's 5 stages in the old system and 5 stages in the new system for a mission (or 10 or whatever) simply transfer. If not then there are other solutions.

5. "Only" the progress in one stage can mean thousands of peds if it is a late stage of the mission.

6. People aren't going to "chill" when they are told they stand to lose hundreds or thousands of hours and peds spent towards mission progression.

1. It may be a lot to many, no doubt, it's still freebies. Because all these rewards are just perks of doing an activity you would do anyway... but yes, it's sad to loose progress in missions, no matter how much skill reward is at stake.

2. I already explained that I can perfectly understand that there are players who play a different game than I do and its totally fine. However, I'm pretty sure you and I play a very similar game, I don't get your burn here. A lost of my profit went into my gear. Because you know, I play for profit which I turn into actual avatar progress...
I do care about missions and I will loose a lot of progress as well I just don't care that much, I look on the bright side and I see a good change for the game that will help it more in long term. And you're accusing me of playing only for profit :laugh:

3. I can understand this one too, it's still a freebie and if people could see the fucking half filled glass instead of half empty, they would realize they have an opportunity to get even more freebies by starting a new mission from scratch and getting the freebie in full.

4. They just said they can't carry the progress BECAUSE the structure is different.

5. Yes. But see the benefit in #3. Also, if there is a serious mission, you will want to finish it in the grace period. I am sure they will extend it too, based on the amount of people affected by this.

6. People are not actually loosing anything, see #3. If people played for fun, they killed the creatures, got their loot, they are just missing some freebies. People are loosing thousands of hours with misssions is they did solo proterons with bukin's blade.

7. People should stop getting offended by an honest advice to chill out (except for the 0 chill dude). Come up with some constructive feedback if you care about the game and your progress here, or keep with your "BS, I really quit this time" every VU.

This IS a good change in my opinion. It's something people are asking for for years (well, not the part where they will loose progress on missions obviously). Just as with the the camera update, there will be a lot of adjustments along the way, like hopefully ALL mobs should have mission, all missions should have a repeatable etc.
For the first time I see that scanning seems it will return decay in loot? :D

I would have thought all progress is probably in a fairly simple sql database. If so, there is absolutely no reason why MA cannot just update the new mission system with current progress.

How badly is this game programmed, that they are unable to transfer current progress?

(make an sql table of avatars and iron missions with current progress, easy peasy. Then use that damn table when the new mission is reinstated.)

Rgds

Ace

Yes,also thinking in a similar way....or scripting with readouts in% etc

--> but even IF this inst possible this way...there must be always other solutions avail...

LIKE...you put a new mission converter npc in twin peaks....with a list of each mission mob

if you cik it...it checks your current stage and progress...and converts it to the new...

example stage 4 ...kill point = 13000 --> converting to stage 4 xxx killpoint or markers in % ( dunno on how the mission stages look like )

Or the players chooses then the avail convert as a fixes amount/value -->like 25%,50%,75% etc

this way the player only would loose a smaller bit but not all the kill amount in the stage

Rgds

Ace

Playing whit data from million's accounts sound easy to you ?? You all are bunch of cry babys . This shit is toxic

[h=2]Dev Notes #20 - Mission System[/h] Hunting Mission System

Since the Entropia Universe mission system was introduced in VU 10.8.0, there have been continuous updates to the system to increase usability, improve features and expand into new areas of gameplay.

With the original introduction of the mission system, there were only five missions available; this number has grown over the years to more than 4000 missions currently available in Entropia Universe. In this Dev Notes article we’d like to inform you of our plans for the most significant overhaul of the mission system to date, which is planned for release in the third quarter (Q3) of 2019.

Planet Calypso will be the first planet to introduce the new mission system. The other Planet Partners will transition to the new system soon afterwards, once any issues are resolved and any necessary tweaks and adjustments are implemented.

Main Features
  • Hunting within a team or participating in a Shared Loot event will now reward all contributing participants relevant progression in their missions based on relative contribution (whether the contribution is made by damage dealing, healing, or scanning).
  • Missions requiring kills of a specific creature will automatically begin whenever a qualifying creature is killed, removing the need to first interact with an NPC or mission terminal.
  • Once a mission stage is completed, an interface will appear with reward(s). The next mission stage will automatically begin, even if you decide to choose rewards for the preceding stage at a later time.

Bestiary
The Bestiary is where you will find all relevant information regarding your avatar’s current progression in Hunting Challenge missions.

Implementation
As this is a completely new system that will replace the current mission system, progress in existing missions unfortunately cannot be carried over into the new system. Therefore, we are taking this opportunity to give all participants an alert to the upcoming changes several months in advance so that they have time to complete any active missions.

There will also be a grace period where both the new and old systems will work in tandem, during which time kills on qualifying creatures will result in progress on both the old and new versions of the Hunting Challenge missions. This grace period will extend approximately one month from the implementation of the new mission system.

Example
You have the current “Iron Atrox IV” mission active. After the implementation of the new mission system, for each kill of a qualifying Atrox creature, you will receive progress on the new Atrox Hunting Challenge mission as well as on the legacy "Iron Atrox IV" mission. If you fulfill the requirements for the Iron Atrox IV mission during the grace period, you will receive the usual reward, but you will not be able to begin the legacy Iron Atrox V mission. Instead, you will automatically receive the next stage of the (new system) Atrox Hunting Challenge mission.​

When the one month grace period has elapsed, all missions from the old system will be disabled for all participants. Progress will no longer be possible for the deprecated missions, and uncompleted missions will not provide any rewards.

There will be a similar grace period of one month from the implementation of the new mission system for Planet Partners. More info and specific dates will be provided as the Planet Partner implementation draws nearer.

Originally Posted Here

years of work will be gone ? thx MA what a idea

We should insist on receiving progressed % of the rewards from all of the missions after the grace period!!!

what I want at best is exactly what I chose to go on a mission for when I did it.
Which is why I spent thousands of hours, and tons of money on a specific mission.

Can someone show me the part of the TOU that states that your progress can simply get cancelled ? :confused:

First, the grace period that MA, so kindly, grants us (thank you my master), should not be one month, but at least 6 months, 1 year, or like some people said here, unlimited in time. (once again, MA has no idea what their game is about)

Then, if the rewards are going to be changed, MA must tell us long time in advance what the new rewards for each mission will be.
So that we can choose which missions to finish as a priority.

3. I can understand this one too, it's still a freebie and if people could see the fucking half filled glass instead of half empty, they would realize they have an opportunity to get even more freebies by starting a new mission from scratch and getting the freebie in full.

My first reaction as well, I am a bit confused by "Instead, you will automatically receive the next stage of the (new system) Atrox Hunting Challenge mission." though, which might mean we will not be able to start over again on all mobs.

My first reaction as well, I am a bit confused by "Instead, you will automatically receive the next stage of the (new system) Atrox Hunting Challenge mission." though, which might mean we will not be able to start over again on all mobs.

Yeah I agree, but, you get the next stage IF you complete the current one within the grace period. What if you don't? Does it mean A. you will start all over? or B. the stage alone would reset? If A - it would be pretty nice, if B, it's still pretty OK, I mean you have plenty of time to finish important stages you care about during the grace period (that I hope for the sake of many will get extended). I personally won't go for many stages as I do not care about them. I understand some may want to, and again, it's perfectly fine :)
I hope not everyone is suddenly at 40 of 60k on bronze on all mobs :D

But from here to list 81 maffoids left from stage 1 as one of the reasons to quit the game, as a player from 2005 or smth it's a long way, das :D

Missions like the one in Crystal palace should not be touch . This is one you can tell you actually spend time and money to do so you can go in higher instance . Other are just bonus that Mindark gave us and they can replace as well . We should not care for them . This is how i see it

Dear MA

If you figured out the new system and made it balanced, then your meta design already has the conversion rates from old to new system. Saying that you cant convert progress from old to new system may just be a strategic cash grab. Hopefully you will be reading these replies and tuning the implementation.

If you pursue this path, fine, its your platform, go ahead. Screwing over your player base may have worked fine in the past, but its 2019 and people are a lot more informed than in the past. And making bullshit moves like this in an already dwindling player base may not go over very well. This is a cash based game and trust is important. Developers taking away *anything* perceived as property of the player from such a system destroys trust.

Based on your description of the new system, if 2 player team do the same quest (assuming same dps/cost etc .per player), it will take same time and cost for each player as the same as the old system. So really no magic gains in the new system. However, not allowing already gained progress to carry over is just theft. You already removed theft from some systems (space pirates), we don't need you to replace pirates, thanks.

Best of luck to you.

Last edited:
buying esi 900% at boxes

hmm,

damned there's no esi

hmmm,

smart people...

Based on your description of the new system, if 2 player team do the same quest (assuming same dps/cost etc .per player), it will take same time and cost for each player as the same as the old system. So really no magic gains in the new system.

How I wish this was an option when I started... Usually the guy in the team with most dps was snatching all the mission points but in the new system it will become actually fun to do team hunts since you can gain mission progress on anything you kill on your own pace (dps) which is the most fair approach to this. I find that pretty cool. Even if you get to do it in the same time, you still gain an advantage, you get to loot more mobs, higher rare chances, higher MU coz of more rolls, lower def cost, you can get better progress killing bigger maturity in a team so it makes a lot more sense to team up now if you are a mission type of player... it means you can actually do it in the grace period so you can get some help with it, making it less boring and less def costly... not bad, eh?

What kind of magic were you expecting? Full tt skill implant with a skill of your choice for every mission because you go on a team? :rolleyes:

woot I think I am like 9000/10000 fef iron. must start grinding fast

Lol, the 1k Feffs are going fast...... I did tham in a few Days. so, no Reason for Hurry..... :laugh:

After reading all the rage... I have just one question : why everyone say will quit ? Now really... is way so simple friends.... just talk with a lawyer and sue them. YOU WILL WIN 100% . I already asked a lawyer and we can sue them for official scamming ang changing the rules during game-play in their advantage making us loose real money. IS NOT A GAME! IS A BUSINESS! Here we plan investment with real cash - like doing a mission for a bonus. We spend real money and make planning on several years. They come change that overnight= SUE THEM ! simple.
IF that happen and more of you want gather together in same trial against MA feel free to join :) We will get rich :p

What kind of magic were you expecting? Full tt skill implant with a skill of your choice for every mission because you go on a team? :rolleyes:

Just stating its an equivalent system (cost/time wise). Since its equivalent, I do not expect to lose something along the way during the switchover. I directly addressed MA (the OP), not you. Your white knighting is not required, let MA defend themselves.

LOL, you made my day! Millions of players, haha :scratch2::laugh:

LOL you didnt .

If they have million accounts that i am pretty sure i saw somewhere they cant just made mission to those 10,000 active and didnt do nothing whit rest .

'''''''''''A press release dating 1 April 2009 (Virtual World Developer MindArk to Use Latest HP Technology for CryENGINE2 Upgrade) mentions 820,000+ accounts. Calculating backwards from 820,000 with the figures from the financial reports would lead to 126,000+ accounts 1 month before EU became Gold...'''''''''

Cough cough

The last few press releases announcing new planets dating from 31 August to 3 November all mention that Entropia Universe "more than 950,000 registered accounts":

A simple google check lead me to this . And i didnt got cancer doing it but watching your post almost got me

Last edited:
Lol, the 1k Feffs are going fast...... I did tham in a few Days. so, no Reason for Hurry..... :laugh:

Yeah, I'm actualy 9k from 10k bronze but still can do 200 kills a day easy. will be over in a week

As a big time mission grinder across the Universe. I have 100's of mission on stage 4, 5 and 6. I also have repeat missions half done. Losing the progress on 100's of missions cause I like to explore the Universe and complete missions this way is a crippling move.

It's like you are intentionally trying to get people that have played this game and loved this game to quit forever.

Might be time to sell the massive amount of skills I collected since I joined in 2016. It was fun while it lasted. Get a bulk thread going like Smilgs.... Sigh...

At least my favorite game comes out 8-27. Maybe this was meant to happen.

PS- Love you Entropians. Had a lot of fun with some of you. RIP.

I play this game for 2 Reasons. To get skills and complete missions!

I uninstalled yesterday, MA isn't getting 1 Pec from me in an obvious cash grab to make a financial quarter look more appealing. Allow everyone to finish their missions at their respective pace. (It's a Real Cash Economy ) This type of dirty obvious tactics to try and use fear over the players to deposit so "their efforts" aren't lost is disgusting and borders on illegal practices. If the system goes through as is, I wouldn't be shocked for lawsuits to ensue from players returning after a long time or players invested in a long standing system with no way to get back their investments.

Currently what MA is doing ( insert any adjective you would use for corporate sleeve tactics) should not be tolerated. It won't be tolerated as you can see from the responses in this thread!

The fact that people at MA sat at a table and thought that a grace period to complete "YEARS" of work that cost Money in a short period of time is okay, Is beyond outrageous!! It's actually the most disgusting thing that I have witnessed in a game.

MA you will lose money, players and I hope whoever came up with this idea loses their jobs for the type of criminal ideas you are trying to enforce.

Entropia used to be a wonder place to be in. You could leave for an extended period of time and come back to a place called home. Guess that has ended. This won't work in a Real Cash economy. I hope if this goes through it backfires on you MA in the biggest way possible. Both financially and legally.

This is what MA needs to hear in the following video in response to their ideas:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Last edited:
My initial reply to this announcement was out of frustration but my feelings have not changed. I do take issue with how and when that "Dev Note" was posted. On a Saturday 2 weeks into Migration? Seriously? This is my one event every year that I enjoy the most.

1. The timing of the post was terrible. Do you not think we would notice?

2. The content of the post is worse. Did you not think this through? Don't answer. We know you did not.

3. The post reads this way to me.

As this is a completely new system that will replace the current skill system, progress in existing skills unfortunately cannot be carried over into the new system. Therefore, we are taking this opportunity to give all participants an alert to the upcoming changes several months in advance so that they have time to complete any skill level.

Effectively if I can't get to Force Merge before the end of the grace period I will loose all my progress and will have to start over and loose all my skills and time/effort I have put in over the years. I am 35k into Silver Argo. We are in the middle of migration. I am 1/4 into Eomon III and know I won't finish this year. I am well into many higher level missions my head is spinning. There is no way possible to finish most of the important missions and get the skill rewards I am looking for.

Although I have not been a continuous active player over the last 12/13 years I have been a passionate player. I have quit this game more than a few times for similar reasons. This by far is the most egregious spit in the face by MA to date. There are so many unanswered questions.

1. What "rewards" will the new mission system provide? Shrap? Everyone is assuming the rewards will be skill points. Will they be? I honestly can believe they will give out pixie armor and shrap for finishing bronze level missions. Hell they started giving pills for mentoring!!!!

2. Please clarify.. I can't finish Argo silver on time. I try my best and I am at 45k/50k. The grace period ends. Are we being told we then need to start again at Argo I?

3. Post your question here...

Methinks the saddest part of all this is that:
  • everyone complains about muh precious progress, and
  • no one complains about the game becoming less free-world and sandbox and more nudging and tunnel vision.

If they have million accounts that i am pretty sure i saw somewhere they cant just made mission to those 10,000 active and didnt do nothing whit rest .
The last figure they revealed in Deeptoken announcement last year was "over three million registered accounts", but they are supposed to wipe abandoned accounts after 1 year, so even if they technically keep them in the database, those should be marked as irrevocably disabled so no further updates to them is necessary.

People shuld get emails about this... im small player, hunter only and i have a about 5 big missions in the middle.

Cant imagine big players doing hunting+mining...

Perhaps button "finish the mission now" and taking % of progress as a reward could work?

interesting thought. Shoudl implemented.

Crazy, 15 pages of disagreement in a rough 24 hours.

MA, you're breaking records again !

Last edited:
LOL you didnt .

But oh well its hard life for forum-players .

'''''''''''A press release dating 1 April 2009 (Virtual World Developer MindArk to Use Latest HP Technology for CryENGINE2 Upgrade) mentions 820,000+ accounts. Calculating backwards from 820,000 with the figures from the financial reports would lead to 126,000+ accounts 1 month before EU became Gold...'''''''''

Cough cough

The last few press releases announcing new planets dating from 31 August to 3 November all mention that Entropia Universe "more than 950,000 registered accounts":

A simple google check lead me to this . And i didnt got cancer doing it but watching your post almost got me

Ok, and where is the problem to code a program to transmit all that data to the new system, or give the players/accounts in % the skills of the not done missions? Computers todays have no problem to calculate all this within minuts or less. If Ma want, i code a such program for this :) But i don't think they want, that i see intern datas :)

Back