PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 ... LastLast

Post Dev Notes #20 - Mission System

Dev Notes #20 - Mission System

Hunting Mission System

Since the Entropia Universe mission system was introduced in VU 10.8.0, there have been continuous updates to the system to increase usability, improve features and expand into new areas of gameplay.

With the original introduction of the mission system, there were only five missions available; this number has grown over the years to more than 4000 missions currently available in Entropia Universe. In this Dev Notes article we’d like to inform you of our plans for the most significant overhaul of the mission system to date, which is planned for release in the third quarter (Q3) of 2019.

Planet Calypso will be the first planet to introduce the new mission system. The other Planet Partners will transition to the new system soon afterwards, once any issues are resolved and any necessary tweaks and adjustments are implemented.

Main Features
    • Hunting within a team or participating in a Shared Loot event will now reward all contributing participants relevant progression in their missions based on relative contribution (whether the contribution is made by damage dealing, healing, or scanning).
    • Missions requiring kills of a specific creature will automatically begin whenever a qualifying creature is killed, removing the need to first interact with an NPC or mission terminal.
    • Once a mission stage is completed, an interface will appear with reward(s). The next mission stage will automatically begin, even if you decide to choose rewards for the preceding stage at a later time.

Bestiary
    The Bestiary is where you will find all relevant information regarding your avatar’s current progression in Hunting Challenge missions.

Implementation
    As this is a completely new system that will replace the current mission system, progress in existing missions unfortunately cannot be carried over into the new system. Therefore, we are taking this opportunity to give all participants an alert to the upcoming changes several months in advance so that they have time to complete any active missions.

There will also be a grace period where both the new and old systems will work in tandem, during which time kills on qualifying creatures will result in progress on both the old and new versions of the Hunting Challenge missions. This grace period will extend approximately one month from the implementation of the new mission system.

Example
    You have the current “Iron Atrox IV” mission active. After the implementation of the new mission system, for each kill of a qualifying Atrox creature, you will receive progress on the new Atrox Hunting Challenge mission as well as on the legacy "Iron Atrox IV" mission. If you fulfill the requirements for the Iron Atrox IV mission during the grace period, you will receive the usual reward, but you will not be able to begin the legacy Iron Atrox V mission. Instead, you will automatically receive the next stage of the (new system) Atrox Hunting Challenge mission.

When the one month grace period has elapsed, all missions from the old system will be disabled for all participants. Progress will no longer be possible for the deprecated missions, and uncompleted missions will not provide any rewards.

There will be a similar grace period of one month from the implementation of the new mission system for Planet Partners. More info and specific dates will be provided as the Planet Partner implementation draws nearer.

Originally Posted Here

2. 07-20-2019, 14:48
    Reason
    Off topic

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Killahbee Killer Bee Killahbee
    Society
    Silly Underground Family
    Images
    Finaly shared killpoints for teamhunts, this has been asked for so many times
    Also nice to fuck up my progress on missions...

Edit: If it's true that all mission progress is gone, that means over 9 years of grinding missions for nothing. It will be the final step to the EXIT door for me.
    Last edited by Killahbee; 07-21-2019 at 09:10.

You created your account
    2004-12-21.

Provider
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Ledjaman theledja ras
    Society
    The Knights of Entropia
    This is a fantastic change that many of us have been asking for, for quite a long time. Thank you!

Edit: Alright now that I've had my cup of coffee I just realized how stupid it is for us to lose our current progress. Why do we need to lose it anyways? Surely the points could get converted over?
    Last edited by ledja; 07-20-2019 at 15:09.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Davin Trooper Felth
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Killahbee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Finaly shared killpoints for teamhunts, this has been asked for so many times
    UMM how about FINALLY MA HAS DONE IT. So almost every mission I'm in I'm like half done. I'll have 3 months or less to kill like 1000000 creatrues or loose my progress??

Silver Longtooth?
    Bronze Atrox?
    Supreme Rexexlum and Leviathan?
    Iron Argonaut V

For me those are some of the worst losses. I cannot do all of them in 3 months. Probably not even before 2020.

this is a huge spit in the face. This grace period is not enough time. Either give us MUCH longer or go shove this game up your @ss. You will loose many players mark my words. This is a huge insult to Planet Partners as well, their missions are already more "current" than the old ones.

GIVE US GRACE OR CHIP ME OUT

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Davin Trooper Felth
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ledja View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is a fantastic change that many of us have been asking for, for quite a long time. Thank you!
    Yea I been asking to loose all my current progress for a long time...............................

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Magnus Svarog
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    Looks like it's the 2012's pre-overhaul of the mission system grinding frenzy all over again

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Wand AxeMurderer Silva
    Society
    Massive Dynamic
    Images
    woot I think I am like 9000/10000 fef iron. must start grinding fast

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Gaina "Messi91" Cristi
    Society
    House of Gamers
    Images
    Finally after 28 years some logic and common sense.
    Thanks

People shuld get emails about this... im small player, hunter only and i have a about 5 big missions in the middle.

Cant imagine big players doing hunting+mining...

Perhaps button "finish the mission now" and taking % of progress as a reward could work?

long overdue

Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 ... LastLast