PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 29 ... LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    George Geo Clone
    Society
    Victory
    Images
    Thank you for communicating and extending the grace period on this for 1 year.
    I look forward to the new system and its possibilities.
    Time to grind.

www.victory-ms.com
    https://discord.gg/j4GfC8f
    ❍ ● .∘ ↭ ⌀ . ◦ ⌱
    BUYING:[Armor Plating Mark.7A, SGA Edition]x1

Dominant
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Soumal Thewebbie Darksky
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images

Thumbs Down

Thank you for replying. This was unexpected. Thank you for extending the grace period. But it is not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis|MindArk
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

As the systems are not compatible this is not possible....
    This is simply untrue. Data is data. Any data that can be inserted can also be exported. Someone isn't telling management at MA the truth. If it is not cost effective for you then say so. If you lack the man power there are 100 people right here , right now that will do it for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis|MindArk
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Most of us are on vacation right now, including me, but we didn’t want to wait. Hopefully we can answer most of your questions.
    EXACTLY! Bad timing. What were you thinking?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    In the Refrigerator, Behind the Mayonnaise, Next to the Ketchup, and to the Left of the Cole Slaw
    Bare BareBones Bones
    Society
    Skillin Villains
    Images
    Will repeatable missions on Arkadia , be reset if you have already finished the last stage at least 1 time ?
    Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
    11 October 1884 7 November 1962

Carrying information over is not at all hard:

Step 1: create database that exports all kill count mission info (new system based on contribution so this is 1:1 ratio)

Step 2: credit new system with kill count info at 1:1 ratio (using an import function from new database)

Step 3: use database to export point missions

Step 4: convert kill points to kills using mob maturities to reverse points into kills

Step 5: use import function to credit accounts with number of point to kill conversions from step 4

Step 6: drink tea

This is NOT at all hard to do. You need one half way competent programmer and 1 math guy. (Also an iPhone google and the wiki)

Jdregh? Made the chip calculator Im sure he could program this in his sleep.

Hi im not sure i fully understand how this new system works and how some missions will be affected lol

take the oratan mission for the dropship on arkadia for example this im told takes about a year to complete so there is no way in hell people can finish this in time even if they had the ped and grind every day
    so does this mean only the active day of that stage will be affected or will people loose all days or stages progress?

is it this the same for creature stages where we have many many mobs to kill will it only be the active stage thats affected or we go right back to stage1? lol

and why cant the 2 systems work in tandem with no time limit? and simply as a active mission is completed it moves right onto the next part on the new system? just like the atrox example

im also assuming that the new system as it works in tandem with the legacy will mirror the progress, like say u killed 300 mobs of 1000 on legacy im assuming if u kill 1 more mob it will show 301 of 1000 on both legacy and the new system?

or perhaps as a suggestion to speed things up a bit with the 2 systems perhaps a npc could be placed on each planet, the purpose of this npc would be to issue player bound progress tokens for active missions on that planet, once accepted the active missions are converted to progress tokens and will be disabled on legacy and players can then exchange the progress tokens to the npc to have their progress updated on the new system

sorry mind ark i know u guys are trying to make the game better for us with overhauled systems and improvements etc but there are just somethings u dont do to u loyal customers/players it makes u guys look very unprofessional, lazy or incompetent or maybe all 3 lol either way its bad pr

im pretty sure there are plenty of things that could be done to make big transitions like these more smooth and fair so people do not lose their hard earned progress they worked so hard for

i can understand why some officials might not want to say anything just yet in here cos i gather there are some pretty frustrated and angry people atm lol so i ask that some could come and explain to us exactly how all this will work in detail and better yet listen to us and take appropriate actions on peoples constructive ideas and feedback such as my player progress token idea ;]

so please guys try n be nice to any officials that talk to us in here, there.. is no excuse for rudeness and hostility, despite frustration and anger .. it pretty much almost never works ..no1 is going to listen or be helpful if they are getting abuse lol

have fun guys n gals

JJ

Stalker
    BB BB Punisher
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Hey let's roll out a shit idea while everyone is on vacation

Alpha
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    COWlifornia, In your closet trying on your Undies!
    orik eragon knurla
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    Wait, so is this mission update only affecting iron style missions???? If so then my worries will be reduced.

Stalker
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Lazer"LAZZ" Nero
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    Thx for reply Dennis!
    One year grace period is much better then a month ofc , but its still not good enogh i sadly must say.
    There is no chanse for many to finnish several long and hard worked missions in that time period, and that will mean they all lose alot of hard work and money spent.
    The only acceptable way is either to transfer progress in to new system or let the old system work beside the new untill we finnished them missions.
    So this was as i suspected mostly to save server capacity... buy more servers then

Hi, your account was created on the following date 2004-09-26.
    Regards,
    Entropia Support

Dominant
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Michal Dorki Dorcak
    Society
    Guess Who
    Images
    Dorki can live with 1 year grace period. It is nowhere near enough time to finish all those missions, but at least there is time for the most important ones. Unless they involve big expensive mobs that is, like let's say dasps or seasonal mobs with thousands of kills remaining.

Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Stoica Alina Alina
    Society
    freeeeee
    Images
    I really think its time to do something with the daspletor spawn. Its a shame if you have 2-3/5k and no spawn. Maybe its time to increase the min mobs from 3 to 10 or something.

Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 29 ... LastLast