Dev Notes #20 - Mission System

How problem is generated by MA, then they must give rewards proportionally to the advance of player before the implementation of new system. For example, if reward for silver mission is 90 ped of skills, and if hunter makes 60% of goal. MA would give to player 54 ped of skills

[*]Hunting within a team or participating in a Shared Loot event will now reward all contributing participants relevant progression in their missions based on relative contribution (whether the contribution is made by damage dealing, healing, or scanning).

I'm interested in scanning part. Shooting and healing is returned in loot so I get it but scanning is not right now. Do they plan to start including scanner decay in loot returned? That would be something for ppl trying to up their looter levels.

Holy fuck, you know some of us have a shit ton of missions open with significant progress that we will lose. Can't possibly finish all those in a few months! :mad:

You really need to find a way to transfer progress from current missions to the new system. This is unacceptable.

AsK : this shit effect minning mission as well?

AsK : this shit effect minning mission as well?

Of course it will. It's the new mission implementation so all will go back to 0 of whatever level In the chain you are grinding. So imo this is just another way for mindark to push all to deposit mass amounts of cash to start all over again. The team and shared is good but no need to change the whole effin system to cater to that.

Shame we don't get rewarded for whatever progress we made so far

MA. A tip for you free of charge. How about you create a vote /poll of any future updates or implementations such like this. Instead of this s**t

Last edited:
This massive rip off by MA is a surprise for you guys? Did you actually think MA, after phuquing up nearly EVERYTHING they've "upgraded" in the past decade, would do anything to really help us? geez.

This single act will wipe millions and millions of owed PEDs worth of skill off their balance sheet.

It's gotten to the point that every time any rep from MA opens their mouth to "tell us how it's going to get better", I see nothing but another nail in the coffin of failed game play.

Don't piss down my back and call it rain.

I feel also like this and i think MA dont want players to do missions more only events.

Holy fuck, you know some of us have a shit ton of missions open with significant progress that we will lose. Can't possibly finish all those in a few months! :mad:

You really need to find a way to transfer progress from current missions to the new system. This is unacceptable.

100% agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I wonder if this is going to change the mining missions too? Until you get to IV+, it wouldn't be that big of a deal to either wrap up the mission if you are close or having to start over if you just recently started into it.

I dont see the problem, you get double mission rewards for a few months.
if you cant finish the missions you really wanted the reward from in 6 months or whatever idk what you're doing rofl

Not sure where you see 6 months to do this.. 3rd quarter starts in September so in approx. 6 weeks, 1 month grace or possibly less Quote: This grace period will extend approximately one month from the implementation of the new mission system.
I make that 10 weeks max, and with many people already doing the migration mission for next 5 weeks, that is not much time at all.
Also it is not 1 mission most of us need to complete in that time frame it maybe dozens.

Holy fuck, you know some of us have a shit ton of missions open with significant progress that we will lose.

Every mission open here, and progress in all of them. (On all planets, except the newer ones)
But i'm lucky that I don't care anymore, as I jumped of the derailing train all ready.
So they can have the silly progress from my missions.

:nutkick:

There are alternatives for compensating players in migrating to the new mission system, but nooooo:mad: MA would rather remove all progress so us players should depo more to do the missions all over again. I would advise MA to seriously consider the alternatives rather than removing the progress. I am very very sure that the action of removing the progress will piss a lot of players off, esp. new and mid-lvl players

Reward players based on the current kill / points of their mission (killed / total kill * skill reward). WTF, is this too hard for the programmers?

Thanks MA!

This was just the push I needed to go inactive for indefinitely.

Thanks for the warning in time for to sell all my shit.

I will not redo all my unfinished missions. I seriously ask you to reconsider deleting all open missions. 1 month is a joke of you're here for over 14 years.

1 - is mindark bait to people think they listen us
or
2 - Mindark are retart who is think this kind annoucment dont going backfire like this?

Anyway mindark you have no choice to fix and carry our progress toward new system
or you know going happen mass rage quit

...3rd quarter starts in September...

3rd quarter ends September 30th. We are 20 days in 3rd quarter 2019..., so technically it can be rolled out next Tuesday. Hope they will postpone after getting 1/50 positive feedback on the news..

Looks like it's the 2012's pre-overhaul of the mission system grinding frenzy all over again :D

Yeah, I hunted like a demon to finish as many as I could before the last mission change back in 2012.

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=VU&id=312

Now in 2019, we have a similar situation...

Hunt like crazy now to finish those missions before the change comes! :handgun:

You have enough time. Prioritise the best rewarding missions and finish those first. :wise:

Did they transfer number of kills mission to kill maturity point based system on some mobs before?

If the system is able to have both old & new mission consecutively running ~ i do not understand why we need any form of grace period, just leave the old missions open to let players complete them at their own pace before they can start the ones from the new system (of the same type).

And while it seems to me from the info provided in the OP that the changes are focused towards hunting challenges; my concern is the last paragraph

When the one month grace period has elapsed, all missions from the old system will be disabled for all participants. Progress will no longer be possible for the deprecated missions, and uncompleted missions will not provide any rewards.

will it only be the hunting missions that are reset or will this also affect the other long term missions such as:

Mining challenges
Prison chain on RT
Dropship on Ark
The long mission chain on Cyrene which has several stages of kill XXX thing
Mission Galactica
Marcimex cave access
Neomex cave access
Mount Hephestos access

I would like more clarification on what exactly is going to be affected as soon as possible, so that I can plan accordingly as I have a lot in progress as I am sure many do.

If the system is able to have both old & new mission consecutively running ~ i do not understand why we need any form of grace period, just leave the old missions open to let players complete them at their own pace before they can start the ones from the new system (of the same type).

And while it seems to me from the info provided in the OP that the changes are focused towards hunting challenges; my concern is the last paragraph

will it only be the hunting missions that are reset or will this also affect the other long term missions such as:

Mining challenges
Prison chain on RT
Dropship on Ark
The long mission chain on Cyrene which has several stages of kill XXX thing
Mission Galactica
Marcimex cave access
Neomex cave access
Mount Hephestos access

I would like more clarification on what exactly is going to be affected as soon as possible, so that I can plan accordingly as I have a lot in progress as I am sure many do.

very good questions,,,if that applies also to mining and other chains....

I sincerely hope..the programmers can do a convert on day X

example like ...mkay....you have 40% of that stage--> you get 30-40% of the new one....-->and then all are converted and we all have only the new system....

*crossing fingers*

Last edited:

o boy. ya this is bad. how in the hell are we going to complete these missions. fak i tole you to just rebuild from scratch. how are you gonna repair your clientbase after this and maintain enough nickle-and-diming to pay yourselves. the gig is up. dumass is as dumass does.

Implementation
As this is a completely new system that will replace the current mission system, progress in existing missions unfortunately cannot be carried over into the new system. Therefore, we are taking this opportunity to give all participants an alert to the upcoming changes several months in advance so that they have time to complete any active missions.

There will also be a grace period where both the new and old systems will work in tandem, during which time kills on qualifying creatures will result in progress on both the old and new versions of the Hunting Challenge missions. This grace period will extend approximately one month from the implementation of the new mission system.

HAPPY FOR CHANGE. but not THAT happy. maybe ben dover but not me. nope

Last edited:

Or, to put it more succinctly: fuck off, fuck off, fuck off, and get fucked.

This is yet another kick in the balls for long term players who have worked hard at progressing.

Yes, bring in a new system for new missions. We all want that. To mess with the old missions at the same time is ridiculous and unnecessary. The fact that the other planets are still able to continue with the old system proves it unnecessary.

Last edited:
I dont see the problem, you get double mission rewards for a few months.
if you cant finish the missions you really wanted the reward from in 6 months or whatever idk what you're doing rofl

Bronze Aurli: 2224 / 10000
Bronze Kreltin: 4456 / 10000
Iron Araneatrox: 1601 / 10000
Iron Caperon: 10824 / 60000
Iron Eomon: 5250 / 30000
Iron Falxangius: 16901 / 25000
Iron Feffox: 31035 / 60000
Iron Formicacida: 20682 / 60000
Iron Legionnaire: 16795 / 60000
Iron Proteron: 9373 / 15000
Iron Scipulor: 3870 / 5000
Iron Sumima: 4562 / 10000
Silver Atrox: 30647 / 60000

What do you suggest I work on?

Or, to put it more succinctly: fuck off, fuck off, fuck off, and get fucked.

This is yet another kick in the balls for long term players who have worked hard at progressing.

Yes, bring in a new system for new missions. We all want that. To mess with the old missions at the same time is ridiculous and unnecessary. The fact that the other planets are still able to continue with the old system proves it unnecessary.

Oh man, the first ever time that I agree with Oleg!! :eyecrazy:

That really means this is serious shit!!!

As this is a completely new system that will replace the current mission system, progress in existing missions unfortunately cannot be carried over into the new system.

Are all the missions going to be reworked and have new rewards?

Sorry, gotta call BS on this one. If you're able to code a whole new mission system you can certainly code in a way to port progress over. If you can't then DON'T CHANGE THE SYSTEM! Or better yet - there's a growing list of things people have been begging for much longer than a revised mission system. Maybe you should start with that list instead. My suggestion is to start with the promised voting system that would allow us to vote on these kinds of insane overhauls!

Seriously, how bad is your code that you're unable to write a little script that looks at stored value of your % of completion on a mission using the old system and then set the variable storing your progress in the new system to the same value? You're even telling us that you're going to have both systems working at the same time but you're incapable of setting up a relational data call? WTF?

Sorry MA you need to do a hell of a lot better than this. You can't expect your player base to just go along with you deleting millions of peds worth of progress on those missions because you want to start from scratch. You need to explain yourself MUCH better as to WHY this needs to happen and why progress can't be carried over and why we should be thinking this a good thing (not a kick in the balls for older players). So far what you've said doesn't even come remotely close to doing this.

With this announcement I predict ESI markup is going to go up - fast!

Last edited:
RCE - with F-Xxx

Was considering 2 Depo again ....

WAS ....

Ideots or what - make conversion of current progress to:
1. Skills (still I was going 2 get Attribute tokens, ... some other might be willing to take pure skills)
2. Convert to New mission progress

3. Fire that ideot ... Your statement that it is impossible to convert = Demonstrating publicly that You are not employing any Analyst ... not even a 2nd year dropout ...

Resnis

this will be my end of playing EU, if MA doing so. I never be able to finish all my long taking missions. It is like MA steal my skills, i worked since a long time for it. If they do so, i never will depo again, only pay out and by bey... now the red line on my patiance is reached.

Sorry to say, but this will hapen here!

How problem is generated by MA, then they must give rewards proportionally to the advance of player before the implementation of new system. For example, if reward for silver mission is 90 ped of skills, and if hunter makes 60% of goal. MA would give to player 54 ped of skills

I see this as the most logical solution.

Also , I find this entire process debilitating to the Planet Partners.
You are forcing players to evacuate all planets , to rush to Calypso and save their mission progress first.

We of course know this deadline will not stand , as you never hit your deadlines. Which will in turn add more months that Planet Partners suffer with decreased populations.

Lets put this off for a year and get back to work on something sensible , then release it in one go.

Sadly this couldn't work as it would instantly collapse the skill market with everyone magically just a huge boost to a ton of skills in an instant. Overnight 3 million peds worth of skills enter the game (an amount equal to several years of gains).

Back