Dev Notes #20 - Mission System

they even demand compensation LMAO
It's not compensation, it's getting what is been paid for. ;)
History in here shows often how people paid for stuff, and no delivery, so nothing new realy.
And yes we all know they can do whatever they want, not even the heavily paid items are ours. :)
And actually I don't know why I post anyways, as they can have my lost progress, as mentioned before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shouldn't they think about what they publish upfront?
And prevent a shitstorm?

I'm convinced that it's not possible to prevent a shitstorm with this crowd. They could just post "have a nice day everyone" and people would find a way to fake ragequit over it and demand compensation.

This is not even implemented yet, it's just an idea. You know, "DEV NOTES", just like it says on the tin. Literally the thing everyone has been asking for, MA being more forward with their communication.

Sure, it lacks some refinement, needs some tweaks, that's how ideas work.

Instead of taking the good parts of this long overdue idea and just reacting like adults and saying "hey MA, we like these parts, but I think a month is probably not enough time for people to get their shit together", PCF acts like petulant entitled 5 year olds who haven't had their afternoon nap and fly into this crazy temper tantrum. Then everyone scratches their head about the lack of communication from MA. :dunce:

demand compensation.
Well the definition compensation is not in place here. (Paid for all ready, with promised rewards.)
And sure, as I also said I like the change in the big picture.
And it would be nice to let people vent their thoughts about this, and not try to pull someones leg.
No one needs to agree with anyone, but the respect to let them say what they think would be nice.
There are alot in here that I don't agree with also, I don't try to pull there legs either.

Case closed here for me.
Have fun with your investments. :rolleyes:

PCF users: MA, you don't communicate enough!

*MA shares an idea they are working on*

PCF users: WTf thIS is UnACCeptAble I demAnd yOu Do WhaT I WaNT Im uR cuSTomER EU is MY LiFe Im nEVer logGing IN aGAIn YoU guYS canT do ANYthinG riGHt

You clearly lack reading skills.
It was not an idea.
It is a set course in an announcement.

Very big difference.

You already said a dozen times in other posts that you don't care less about Entropia.
So why you even bother to react here?

So yeah, it's clear. You couldn't care less what happens.

I remember when the missions were re-balanced years ago and we were given lots of time to finish the missions we wanted. MA even made huge spawns of popular mobs to help players complete missions.

At that time it was said by MA that some re-balanced missions would now have smaller rewards in the lower levels so that bigger rewards would be given in the last stage. Look at the Rextelum mission change for example. The first four stages were rather crappy but the last stage was very rewarding. By not allowing players to advance in the current mission chains for the entire grace period MA is taking the biggest rewards away from some of us and I see no reason for this to be done.

I hope MA allows players to continue in the current mission chains for the entire year long grace period. I see no reason not to allow this since they will both be open at the same time anyway.

I'm convinced that it's not possible to prevent a shitstorm with this crowd. They could just post "have a nice day everyone" and people would find a way to fake ragequit over it and demand compensation.

This is not even implemented yet, it's just an idea. You know, "DEV NOTES", just like it says on the tin. Literally the thing everyone has been asking for, MA being more forward with their communication.

Sure, it lacks some refinement, needs some tweaks, that's how ideas work.

Instead of taking the good parts of this long overdue idea and just reacting like adults and saying "hey MA, we like these parts, but I think a month is probably not enough time for people to get their shit together", PCF acts like petulant entitled 5 year olds who haven't had their afternoon nap and fly into this crazy temper tantrum. Then everyone scratches their head about the lack of communication from MA. :dunce:

Maybe because most of them have a life outside of this game.
So they don't really have the time and desire to teach MA how to do their job. :dunno:

Last edited:
DEV NEED GIVE SKILLS TO PLAYER COMPARED STAGE ADVANCED

Totally irresponsible for taking away money and times for a big change of game

actually, devs have only 3 options here
1. unlimited grace period for current uncompleted stage of every mission
2. reset current stage and issue a reward proportional to that stage completion
3. somehow keep the current progress on any missions
anything else would be not customer-friendly.
Also since bigger mobs missions require more effor to complete (including gameplay time and/or deposits) MA have a solid chance to displease the guys who plays actively and/or make deposits.

Maybe reward players at the current mission stage for each one. I am half way through many missions, I would not be impressed to lose all the time, effort and PED spent so far for a reset.

It was not an idea.
It is a set course in an announcement.

Very big difference.

You already said a dozen times in other posts that you don't care less about Entropia.
So why you even bother to react here?

They used the term "plan", that means it is not yet implemented. Otherwise it would be in release notes, not dev notes. In most games, the purpose of dev notes is to run shit up the flag pole - but maybe it's different here. This is just arguing over semantics at this point.

And you're right, I don't really care what happens to this game, because for me it *is* just a game. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy playing it, and keeping up with what's happening. I have deposited enough money that I'm also allowed an opinion. I expect MMOs to continually change. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. If the game ever becomes unenjoyable for me, I will simply stop playing, it's pretty fucking basic.

To be clear, I do think MA makes a lot of mistakes. I do think people are allowed to dislike this or any other change. My comment was about the extremely toxic way almost every change is received here, which I think would be discouraging for MA to continue to try and communicate openly with the community.

To be fair I am guilty also, I have been warned by mods in the past about being extremely toxic towards MA. I'm just trying to see both sides of it.

This change in particular, I just don't understand the sense of entitlement. Sure, you grinded 30k, 40k mobs, whatever. It's not like you didn't get loot back or anything; I could understand if you grinded 40k mobs with no return and were expecting the loot at the end (like an instance or something). People are acting like they are losing large sums of money over this... no, you are losing a potential *free bonus*, which you now have a year to get. I just don't get it, sorry.

Maybe because most of them have a life outside of this game.

That's not the impression I get, but okay.

you are losing a potential *free bonus*
Do you think we missionwhores who like to progress on our ava differently, would be hunting these whortless mobs to progress?
If there were no missions, I would be concentrating on mobs with (MU)
And that would be pretty boring as the diversity on those is limited.
And if we all would hunt for MU mobs, well guess what, that little MU that now excist would be gone pretty fast.
So it's not a free bonus, it's paid for with $ and time.
Any idea how much MA is making on those missions from customers?
And if your time is free anyway, come over and paint my house for me, I like the idea that you do it for free, I will spend a beer at least on you. ;)

I just don't get it, sorry.
And indeed you don't need to get it, so let those that like to vent, vent how they want, for those it's an huge time and money investment on their ava.
And with a shitload of open missions and progress it can sumup in large amounts of wasted time and $.
Which we could have used to hunt that little MU that is left.

Do you think we missionwhores who like to progress on our ava differently, would be hunting these whortless mobs to progress?
If there were no missions, I would be concentrating on mobs with (MU)

That's fair, you do you (btw, my comments were not directed at you). I hunt plenty of worthless mobs myself. I also have plenty of missions that I'm more than halfway through stage 5 or 6. I just don't see it as wasted time or a loss since: 1) i don't ever spend time or money that i don't have to spare; 2) the bonus skill reward at the end doesn't ever make up for the standard loss in returns, so for me the mission rewards are exactly just bonuses. I actually think resetting back to stage 1 and getting a new set of rewards would be great since I can plow through and get 3-4 of those rewards a lot quicker than finishing stage 6 on something. Maybe my play style is different, but I enjoy the game and it seems most people don't so....

And indeed you don't need to get it, so let those that like to vent, vent how they want, for those it's an huge time and money investment on their ava.

Yea, vent however y'all want, IDC. I was pointing out the simple fact that MA is trying to give y'all what you asked for in the form of better communication, but every time they do it they are met with a barrage of pitchforks and condemnation. I was just thinking that if I was on the other side of the fence I would be so turned off to trying to communicate with my player base.

And all y'all giving me -rep I am giving you back +rep in return lmao. :love:

(btw, my comments were not directed at you)
I know that, no offence taken ofc ;)
It's just annoying that there are always people who tell others how to do and when.
And laughing at them, just because people feel they get ripped of, on something that is important in their eyes.

I was pointing out the simple fact that MA is trying to give y'all what you asked for in the form of better communication, but every time they do it they are met with a barrage of pitchforks and condemnation.
Well they communicate more atm and that's good, but not always better.
But hey, if they want that shitstorm each time, then let it be.
I personally would approach with caution with what I would throw in the ring of lions.
And come on they can't be that stupid to not forsee this comming.
But imo they don't care about the shitstorm, and they knew this was comming, it just amazes me what they each time try to pull off.
I rather have happy customers then angry customers.
But as history here proves they can get away with everything each time, well I pass on that sort of company's.

And all y'all giving me -rep I am giving you back +rep in return lmao. :love:
It wasn't me :)

Well they communicate more atm and that's good, but not always better.
But hey, if they want that shitstorm each time, then let it be.
I personally would approach with caution with what I would throw in the ring of lions.

On this we certainly agree. MA is so completely clueless with how they should approach [particularly PCF] with caution. They definitely could improve the way they communicate, just as the community could. Both sides are so utterly predictable, you'd think there would be some degree of progress in this regard. :rolleyes:

They definitely could improve the way they communicate, just as the community could.
Well the community is the paying customer.
If I get threated like shit at a garage were I take my car, well I think you can guess what will happen.
If they want to be respected, then don't fuck your customers.
It's that simple, imo.
Respect you earn, and you don't get it as a bonus, when you screw everyone.
Do we respect ingame scammers?
Don't think so, but hey that's what they deserve.

Ok I have a question for the developers. Are you going to take advantage of this change in the mission structure to introduce space hunting missions and maybe, (pretty please) the long overdue cargo missions? The recent change in space PVP suggests to me that space hunting missions are in the pipeline.

And come on they can't be that stupid to not forsee this comming.
But imo they don't care about the shitstorm, and they knew this was comming, it just amazes me what they each time try to pull off.

I think you and many others mistake ineptitude for malice.

In other words, yes I do think they could be that stupid.. there's quite a historical precedent in this regard..

Well the community is the paying customer.
If I get threated like shit at a garage were I take my car, well I think you can guess what will happen.
If they want to be respected, then don't fuck your customers.
It's that simple, imo.

OFC nobody would argue that we are their paying customers and they should focus their efforts on keeping us happy.

I'm not getting my car repaired by MA, though (just shuddered typing that). I'm paying them for entertainment. When I no longer feel that I'm getting my money's worth or it stops being enjoyable for me, I'll stop paying them, simple as that. Not going to cry about wasted time or anything. Literally everything I do in this game is a waste of time, I thought that was the whole point of video games.

I'll stop paying them, simple as that. Not going to cry about wasted time or anything.
I stopped paying them like almost 6 or 7 years ago, something like that, and ceased firing like 2 years now.
And as mentioned they can have the imo silly progress from my account.
But still I can feel the pain some have in here.
Anyway, gonna try to stop posting here now.
I still have my gear and other stuff, hence why I follow this muppetshow now and then. :laugh:

I stopped paying them like almost 6 or 7 years ago, something like that, and ceased firing like 2 years now.

Wait wait wait.... so all this debate and you don't even play the game? lmaoooo I just got out-trolled. Holy shit dude. I bow to the master. :bowdown:

Wait wait wait.... so all this debate and you don't even play the game?
Correct, I couldn't be happier. :laugh:
Since 2 years I don't play anymore.

I'm still amazed by all the people that don't play anymore but come here regularly as if the game owed them something...

This community is so sad sometimes.

I'm still amazed by all the people that don't play anymore but come here regularly as if the game owed them something...

This community is so sad sometimes.

Are you reffering to me?
If so can't you read?
And it's not relevant if those people still play atm, payed is payed, even if it's been payed 5 years ago, or yesterday, the fact remains that we payed for it.
Silly example:
You go to cardealer, you pay upfront for a car, they promise to deliver the car, after 1 year, you still didn't received the car, wouldn't you be having the feeling that the cardealer still ows you the payed money or the car?
If not, well I wanna sell you my car also on these terms. :)
Damn I could sell my car countless times this way.
You would be a dream customer to any company.

And even when I don't have any items left, you ain't here to tell people to go away.
I have enough years in here to know what I talk about.

Comments like this are sad.

Are you reffering to me?
If so can't you read?

I can read perfectly fine, and I was talking in general but you are a fine example actually.

You do whatever you want and I'm free to say it's very sad.

I can read perfectly fine, and I was talking in general but you are a fine example actually.

You do whatever you want and I'm free to say it's very sad.
Indeed, you are free to say what you want.
And even when not playing, I could still have the feeling that the game ows me something.
Not that I care about it. ;)
So don't make me as an example, I don't care about this crappy game.
All I care about is this crappy company who threats their customers like shit.
And once I was a paying customer also, and it took some time to cut loose from this BS company, as I loved the concept that it once was.

Ok I have a question for the developers. Are you going to take advantage of this change in the mission structure to introduce space hunting missions and maybe, (pretty please) the long overdue cargo missions? The recent change in space PVP suggests to me that space hunting missions are in the pipeline.

Ok, you've gone and asked outright lol!
I was trying to signal something close, but not go so directly to cargo and space mob missions - "Still, maybe you wish to add taming missions or harvesting missions or whatever, but don't want to let the secret out yet."

Anyway, .... it is asked ;)

Ok, you've gone and asked outright lol!
I was trying to signal something close, but not go so directly to cargo and space mob missions - "Still, maybe you wish to add taming missions or harvesting missions or whatever, but don't want to let the secret out yet."

Anyway, .... it is asked ;)

If you don't ask…. :D

[h=2]Dev Notes #20 - Mission System[/h] Hunting Mission System

Implementation
As this is a completely new system that will replace the current mission system, progress in existing missions unfortunately cannot be carried over into the new system. Therefore, we are taking this opportunity to give all participants an alert to the upcoming changes several months in advance so that they have time to complete any active missions.

There will also be a grace period where both the new and old systems will work in tandem, during which time kills on qualifying creatures will result in progress on both the old and new versions of the Hunting Challenge missions. This grace period will extend approximately one month from the implementation of the new mission system.

Originally Posted Here

Dennis would it be possible to have the opening post edited to reflect what was in post #165?

Back