Dev Notes #20 - Mission System

Holy fuck, you know some of us have a shit ton of missions open with significant progress that we will lose. Can't possibly finish all those in a few months! :mad:

You really need to find a way to transfer progress from current missions to the new system. This is unacceptable.

Agree 100%.

There is no way I will get finished with all open Bronze, Silvers etc and many players will be in the same boat. In case the transfer of progress to new missions is not possible then there should be some pro-rated payout on the partly completed missions i.e. at the end of the grace period. Anything else would be a further betrayal of trust.

Bronze Aurli: 2224 / 10000
Bronze Kreltin: 4456 / 10000
Iron Araneatrox: 1601 / 10000
Iron Caperon: 10824 / 60000
Iron Eomon: 5250 / 30000
Iron Falxangius: 16901 / 25000
Iron Feffox: 31035 / 60000
Iron Formicacida: 20682 / 60000
Iron Legionnaire: 16795 / 60000
Iron Proteron: 9373 / 15000
Iron Scipulor: 3870 / 5000
Iron Sumima: 4562 / 10000
Silver Atrox: 30647 / 60000

What do you suggest I work on?

Damn, you are fucked worse than I am.

MA must find a way to convert progress.

Agree 100%.

There is no way I will get finished with all open Bronze, Silvers etc and many players will be in the same boat. In case the transfer of progress to new missions is not possible then there should be some pro-rated payout on the partly completed missions i.e. at the end of the grace period. Anything else would be a further betrayal of trust.

agree... too many open missions. No reward is like steal all the effort we had!

This is a fantastic change that many of us have been asking for, for quite a long time. Thank you!

Edit: Alright now that I've had my cup of coffee I just realized how stupid it is for us to lose our current progress. Why do we need to lose it anyways? Surely the points could get converted over?

MA, you absolutely have to convert these..you know i no longer play mayhem at all because i accidently deleted my progress on that halooween mission that you kybosched anyhow. and people hold grudges. you are supposed to be the new regime.

edit edit edit edit and edit. ro some people are quitting already.

gees what about missions on other planets.

54455/60000 badger stage 5
4452/20000 togolossi stage 3
prove your worth mission

sicarius/oompa/hound hides but no gmc yet all that will be lost?

do you realize how long these missions go? come on! 1 year minimum grace period is barely acceptible. 10 years would work almost.

oh i see what you are doing. how sly. you are so sure we won't like your update that you are preparing us with seedy deflecting so we'll appear to your shareholders to be happy with the change. i'll be happy when you fire those retarded psychologists. what do they have to offer anyways?

Damn, you are fucked worse than I am.

MA must find a way to convert progress.

And I only mentioned the bigger mobs. c 4.5k/10k on Hiryuu is less problematic because it's a low value reward, but it's still extremely annoying, at best.

they will change some things for sure, they usually make announces likes this for feedback :)

so chill plebs and go finish some missions :p

I've always wanted a shared point mission system, but not at this expense.

If they can give a grace period of 1 month, they can give a grace period of 10 years.
Or just add a whole new repeatable set of missions (shared), in conjunction with existing missions (solo), only being able to access them once stage is finished.

I would hope those at MA have the damn intelligence not to throw out so many hours of solo progressing missions, that are at or over 50% complete on the last stages, and not expect a huge back lash.

Come on Mindark, get your act together.

some one start a pedition, please!

Very glad to see this update and allowing team hunting to contribute to missions :yay:

Progress should be carried over or at least manually transfered across by MA (just hire a decent programmer for a few hours to code the transition)

Are all the missions going to be reworked and have new rewards?

Sorry, gotta call BS on this one. If you're able to code a whole new mission system you can certainly code in a way to port progress over. If you can't then DON'T CHANGE THE SYSTEM! Or better yet - there's a growing list of things people have been begging for much longer than a revised mission system. Maybe you should start with that list instead. My suggestion is to start with the promised voting system that would allow us to vote on these kinds of insane overhauls!

Well said Jam, well said.. But I am not going to be so nice. I apologize that my comments are not what is expected of a Shaolin. But I worked way way too hard to get this far to be cut off at the knees by MA. YET AGAIN!

I know very few players that are NOT in IT or are highly technical. You expect us to believe this line of utter bullshit?

As this is a completely new system that will replace the current mission system, progress in existing missions unfortunately cannot be carried over into the new system

This one line alone gives me the perfect excuse to walk away from the game YET AGAIN! MA just told me that the many thousands of USD I have "invested" into this universe to make progression is now lost?

Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME??

I can write a bash script in a few hours to transfer/convert/import/export. In fact I will do it for FREE because it would be fun for me.

Tell me MA? What does this do for daily missions? Are you taking away tokens so I can't get CDF weapons anymore?

I have some 70+ hunting missions open (on all planets), and most of them in the last stages (5k,10k or bronze on caly), I was just checking out my mission log after reading this, aaaand, would be impossible to finish all the missions at hand in a month (or two), even if MA handed me a 500k ATH for me to grind 24/7.
If all of my ongoing progress is wiped clean, it'll surely kill my buzz to play.

It cannot be too hard to convert the old system progress to the new one, they are just numbers in a database. (and yes, even when converting from the old 1 kill on any maturity is 1 kill, to the new maturity-based stuff.... you could just convert all old kills as 1 "young kill" with the smallest points).

Last edited:
What will happen to repeatable missions.

I as many on Arkadia, have missions that have been grinded to the end and are now repeatable.
Will I not be able to repeat these missions anymore , even though I have worked through to the nice cushy part.

Easier solution: you cannot acquire the new mission if you still have an old one. It's up to you to choose to complete or abandon it.

I REALLY like this solution. Let the players choose.

(As I assume you do not have the competence to convert the points from the old system into the new system. This assumption is based on your failiure to implement the killpoints on the missions on Cyrene)

Last edited:
Ok one more mission , the formicacida iron (6k points to go), maybe one other .. and the rest where I am in the final stage.. it all is fucked:

bronze argonaut 6607/10k inflict ranged dmg 19.17 ped
bronze trox 3970/10k courage 71,25 ped
bronze combibo 1606/60k longblades 17,50 ped
iron armax 3784/10k inflict melee dmg 17.08 ped
iron caudatergus 24/60k rifle 15 ped
iron cornundacauda 20869/60k handgun 17.38 ped
iron defender 91/60k evade 22,60 ped
iron feffoid 650/10k athletics 39,17 ped
iron molisk 4883/10k dexterity 24 ped
master rextelum 13195/60k longblades 194.1 ped
leviathan loony 22717/30k aim 30 ped+ athletics 35 ped+ evade 18.8 ped

all other missions I am in stage 3 or 4 (old system) ...... I am so FUCKED

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

Sounds totally unfair because of it being impossible to finish all missions with progress in those few months.
can there be a patch before where we can turn in our half progressed missions for half the reward, just saying it might save some rage quits which i am already considering.

Just give us the percentage of the skills for all old missions

so for example 5k/10k armax is 50% of the reward in skills, and the mission ended. Then move to the new missions.

Just give us the percentage of the skills for all old missions

so for example 5k/10k armax is 50% of the reward in skills, and the mission ended. Then move to the new missions.

exactly this!

Ok one more mission , the formicacida iron (6k points to go), maybe one other .. and the rest where I am in the final stage.. it all is fucked:

bronze argonaut 6607/10k inflict ranged dmg 19.17 ped
bronze trox 3970/10k courage 71,25 ped
bronze combibo 1606/60k longblades 17,50 ped
iron armax 3784/10k inflict melee dmg 17.08 ped
iron caudatergus 24/60k rifle 15 ped
iron cornundacauda 20869/60k handgun 17.38 ped
iron defender 91/60k evade 22,60 ped
iron feffoid 650/10k athletics 39,17 ped
iron molisk 4883/10k dexterity 24 ped
master rextelum 13195/60k longblades 194.1 ped
leviathan loony 22717/30k aim 30 ped+ athletics 35 ped+ evade 18.8 ped

Along the lines of what i mentioned.

all other missions I am in stage 3 or 4 (old system) ...... I am so FUCKED

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

And I wholeheartedly second this.

Hey Guys.

Summer intern here.

Unfortunately, I wasn't given any directive to implement any transfer of accumulated mission points from the old system to the new system. At any rate, I wasn't given access to the player database anyway. I doubt they have anyone left who can accomplish it.

This is mainly because the owners of the game don't really know how their game works.

They do know that all their addicted customers will put up with any affront they are subjected to; so they aren't worried about any threats to quit.

Among MANY other insults, they stole 1/7th of your armor and you didn't quit. Your empty threats are just that, and they know it.

Well, Mom's calling me for supper, so I need to go.

Keep grinding! You're bound to strike it rich any day now.

While the changes introduced by the new mission system are positive, the management of the transition from the old one is perplexing, to say the least.

Missions and rewards are a "core" part of the game and enough has been said about the consequences of wiping off years of game play time, which for the vast majority of players amounts to sizeable financial "investment".

What I'd like to point out is that there is no technical reason whatsoever to impose such a draconian grace period. First of all, the two systems will live in parallel for a month anyway, which proves that they can run at the same time.

I'd also like to point out that we are in 2019, and that the "Mission Token Converter" NPC in Cape Corinth is still there. This lovely character was introduced in 2013 to convert the old Mission Tokens to the new Combat Tokens, and somehow I don't think he's been very active for the last few years. Below the full announcement for those interested.

It is therefore preposterous to claim that such a short cut-off date should be imposed for the transition between the two mission systems, because MA has proved they can easily tolerate legacy systems for well over 5 years.

I am sure MA's new management, who have made transparency and communication a pillar of their strategy, will want to reassess the transition plan and avoid the inevitable conspiracy theories about "confiscation" or any other accusations of financial manoeuvres aiming to wipe any outstanding credits on missions (all rewards have ped-equivalent amounts, after all) and forcing players to restart them.

https://www.planetcalypso.com/news/pages/2013/11/05/5947/index.xml?

Hey Guys.

Summer intern here.

Unfortunately, I wasn't given any directive to implement any transfer of accumulated mission points from the old system to the new system. At any rate, I wasn't given access to the player database anyway. I doubt they have anyone left who can accomplish it.

This is mainly because the owners of the game don't really know how their game works.

They do know that all their addicted customers will put up with any affront they are subjected to; so they aren't worried about any threats to quit.

Among MANY other insults, they stole 1/7th of your armor and you didn't quit. Your empty threats are just that, and they know it.

Well, Mom's calling me for supper, so I need to go.

Keep grinding! You're bound to strike it rich any day now.

couldn't find an excuse to dl star citizen. here i go....

I understand 'adding' to a system for team hunting ( although, you can do it in a way already ) But adding something to a mission system should not remove an existing one.

Is there not a IT programmer there that can add and not remove or subtract a already implemented system?

Surely, there must be a better way.

:eyecrazy:

Back