Dev Notes #20 - Mission System

PS: The amount of accounts does not matter as there is something called a computer who is very good at repeating the same task again and again and does this very fast. So convert one Mission chain from one account is the same as doing it on any other account. And if you have the formula to convert Atrox Mission from old to new chain it can be used for every Kill Mission too, same with Kill Point Mission, once you have the conversion working for one mob the others are using the same formula with maybe different values.

This just proves MA is not automated and all is done by hand.
As is loot distribution. All done by hand.

Be nice and MA throws you a bone.
Be a bitch and go bankrupt.
All done by hand

*puts back on his tinfoilhat*

If you are at 50% in one Mission - Stage one to end of mission chain then you should be at the exact point in the new mission chain.

This isn't Magic it is simple, easy and quickly done.

Only if the reward was the same.

what?!!!?

As this is a completely new system that will replace the current mission system, progress in existing missions unfortunately cannot be carried over into the new system.

Sooo, in other words, your programmers can't do a little bit of math?

You say "unfortunately" - you mean for us, right? I mean, I see this as a boon for your company being able to wipe out millions of PEDS in mission progress in one giant act of theft. In the real world, I believe this would be called "embezzlement" or something like that.

We cannot possibly finish all of our missions in the timeframe alotted. You are basically telling us to be prepared for our pockets to be picked! WTF???!

I quit playing a few months ago and was ready to cash out, but came back to the game in just the past week or so. Now i find this.

Hmmm. Perhaps I had the right idea all along.

I see this as a boon for your company being able to wipe out millions of PEDS in mission progress in one giant act of theft.

Except for the fact that those PED value of skills don't really mean anything to MA. You can't trade/sell your skills back to MA...all you can do is chip them out using ESI and then they are worth the ped value of the ESI. MA don't pay MU so to them it doesn't mean squat. Perhapos their new system will reward us with something more tangible and not just useless skills? If thats the case then it would make sense for them not to transfer mission progress.

Imo...All depends on if you want something or not....many things would be possilbe.,...like example

A ) You have 45% of your current stage done-->you get some new token...which you can exchange at a trader for stuff?

or special mission token which you can turn in within the new system to get the progress done...

it would also be ok to get lesser rewards..(like only 25%,50%,75%)->so in the case of haveing 45% you fall down for the 25% reward , but to complete wipe your old progress out isnt the real way to have happy customers...

or example B )

something like a mission converting npc :

you have stage 3 of something done with 50% -> thats a total archivement of like 20% done for the whole mission

->the mission npc then changes your mission to the new system giving you the 20% right from start.

when finished you have then progress of like 40% from stage 4 of like dunno 10+stages (assuming the total kills/hp/points dont change within the old and new system,and the rewards are still same except the size of each stage done)

and you continue then within the new system..:cool:

when is mission update coming, thin patience, mad as hatter that i deleted my argo bronze by mistake, seeing red, want to bite off MA head!

when is mission update coming, thin patience, mad as hatter that i deleted my argo bronze by mistake, seeing red, want to bite off MA head!

IIRC I abandoned an Iron mission II once, but when I went to the hunter mission panel and added it again I still was at mission II where I had abandoned it and didn't start from scratch :scratch2: Or maybe not...?

Let me burst your bubble, only ppl to benefit are the 24/7 cheaters like Messi & co since they have most missions done & get a new batch now.. I told the devs but ofc.. they don't reply

Let me burst your bubble, only ppl to benefit are the 24/7 cheaters like Messi & co since they have most missions done & get a new batch now.. I told the devs but ofc.. they don't reply

I also told everyone since I started grinding.You can only lose when you stop shooting.Never stop keep grinding, keep completing missions, always up and up, sky is the limit.
I would not be surprised in 3-4 years people will notice that Mindark introduced looter profession long ago.
If there is a cheat post it here so everyone reading and all their friends report me.

Don't worry, it's not a cheat, just a few ppl who think they play by the book while destroying markets for a few 1000 others, not like you will ever understand

Don't worry, it's not a cheat, just a few ppl who think they play by the book while destroying markets for a few 1000 others, not like you will ever understand

Ok so it was a cheat no longer a cheat gotcha.I wasn't worried btw.
I am trying to understand but there is nothing to read about.If you have any ideas you would like to implement please post them here so that developers can read them and hopefully if they find it useful they might add them to the game.

what an obvious lie (besides quite some of the ones that you told it lost a lot and changed their views on you). though being a liar is not even close to the worst on your feature list, sky is indeed the limit.
I also told everyone since I started grinding.You can only lose when you stop shooting.Never stop keep grinding, keep completing missions, always up and up, sky is the limit.

Smuggler Clothing

What about Smuggler Missions?

Also question: If you sale your dumb ugly smuggler clothing to trade terminal must I lose another $100.00USD on Arkcoin to be scammed even harder by a broken mission chain?

Why did I TT my smuggler clothing. Why The Expletive deleted Not.:cool:

Last edited:
There will be a similar grace period of one year from the implementation of the new mission system for Planet Partners. More info and specific dates will be provided as the Planet Partner implementation draws nearer.

Any idea yet when this might be?

Any idea yet when this might be?

Well he wrote this in OP:

Planet Calypso will be the first planet to introduce the new mission system. The other Planet Partners will transition to the new system soon afterwards, once any issues are resolved and any necessary tweaks and adjustments are implemented.

Well he wrote this in OP:

Planet Calypso will be the first planet to introduce the new mission system. The other Planet Partners will transition to the new system soon afterwards, once any issues are resolved and any necessary tweaks and adjustments are implemented.

Yeah, but what is "soon"? A few weeks? A few months?

Thought we had one more week.End of September not fourth week of September. Shpuld have one more week for mission work.
Hi everyone!

Thanks for all the feedback and to hear all your concerns. We take them seriously and we hope that you will be happy with this new system in the end.

Here are some answers to your questions plus a small teaser :D.

Monria will not be in the first release.

Correct.

Space creatures will be included in the first release of the Hunting Challenge.

It is now updated.

This is not true. We will still have other types of missions that might be more specific to a location or more advanced objectives. Now with the Hunting Challenge we know that every player will have access to the previous know Iron Missions for all creatures so that we focus on creating better and more interesting missions.

This is one of the reasons why we are doing this.

We don’t want you to be unhappy with the new system and the transition from the old. We will have a look at this again when we are closing in on a year after this release to see what actions are necessary to make it feel fair.

After the release and during the grace period you will not be able to start the next part of the chain. The first stage of the new system is available on the release as soon as have it unlocked.

We are on schedule for the release which is at the end of September if all goes as planned.

Please keep the feedback coming as well as suggestions what you would like to see in this upcoming Codex.

Happy hunting!

Thought we had one more week.End of September not fourth week of September. Shpuld have one more week for mission work.

24 september - 1st oct based on my computer's calendar is part of the end of september if you measure that in weeks.There is no other week after this one ends.
Maybe your computer has another week that qualify for what you believe in.
The way I understand english since its not my main language End of September doesn't necessarily means release should be on 30th september.End can also mean 20th just as easy as 30th.When i read that I know for sure it won't happen 1st to 10th but after that I can expect it anytime.
After all you had 10 years to finish the missions don't tell us you need 3 more days.

Don't need, want. Semantics. Keep up the good work.
24 september - 1st oct based on my computer's calendar is part of the end of september if you measure that in weeks.There is no other week after this one ends.
The way I understand english since its not my main language End of September doesn't necessarily means release should be on 30th september.End can also mean 20th just as easy as 30th.When i read that I know for sure it won't happen 1st to 10th but after that I can expect it anytime.
After all you had 10 years to finish the missions don't tell us you need 3 more days.

Don't need, want. Semantics. Keep up the good work.

Well if i was abouy to deploy entire new mission system id do it possibly tomorrow so we have all hands on deck a few days incase of any major issues. A friday not a good plan ;)

Depending on your management skills there can also be a September 31st. It just depends on how you look at it. Trust me, I've "seen" it.

1) Those who joined last year didn't have ten years
2) We have one more year left...

Depending on your management skills there can also be a September 31st. It just depends on how you look at it. Trust me, I've "seen" it.

1) Those who joined last year didn't have ten years
2) We have one more year left...

Perhaps I do it wrong.I don't use management abilities to read a fucking calendar on my pc.I just read it and the month of september has 30 days.If you seen 31st September then I shouldn't trust you.
You can create your own world and live there but if you want to take the bus and go in the real word make sure you use the same calendar as the driver otherwise you won't catch any.

so are old mission completions deleted as well?

I mean I stopped playing this game the day the camera/control fuckup happened (and I mean I literally went from like 3 hours a day for 3–4 years to ZERO. fun fact: my bank account progress is fun to watch too now), but this mission revamp would obviously also be the point of no return for me as my main focus was always on completing as many missions as I could (esp. on caly). 4000 available? well I guesstimate I got 800–1000 completed, don't remember exactly

scanning adds to progress now? lol a little too late ma

Last edited:
so are old mission completions deleted as well?

... but this mission revamp would obviously also be the point of no return for me..

Please let it be a point of no return to this forum as well.

The new mission system is great - you now get MORE skill rewards per ped cycled, and you can choose from ANY combat related skill (except unlockables). You will even get the parallell reward for all the old mission stages you still have open. Why on earth would you rather have the old missions back where you were "forced" to kill no-MU mobs for the useful skill rewards?

but this mission revamp would obviously also be the point of no return for me as my main focus was always on completing as many missions as I could (esp. on caly).

It's the exact opposite, now you have 3380 new missions (130 groups of mobs x26 ranks) to complete and the last stage is repeatable on all 130 of them. And you can always customize to your heart's desire what type of skill you want. It's a huge step forward, old missions look already so yesterday.

Please let it be a point of no return to this forum as well.

The new mission system is great - you now get MORE skill rewards per ped cycled, and you can choose from ANY combat related skill (except unlockables). You will even get the parallell reward for all the old mission stages you still have open. Why on earth would you rather have the old missions back where you were "forced" to kill no-MU mobs for the useful skill rewards?

Yes, that part is good. But then realize anyone can hunt anything to get whatever reward they want. Now watch Spleen Oil dive to <5% markup...

It's the exact opposite, now you have 3380 new missions (130 groups of mobs x26 ranks) to complete and the last stage is repeatable on all 130 of them. And you can always customize to your heart's desire what type of skill you want. It's a huge step forward, old missions look already so yesterday.

Reason for me and some others to do old missions are those attribute tokens, without those
interest to do those now ones is a bit lower. ;)
For some it's the oposite though, so win some lose some I guess. :silly2:

Reason for me and some others to do old missions are those attribute tokens, without those
interest to do those now ones is a bit lower. ;)
For some it's the oposite though, so win some lose some I guess. :silly2:

I guess they'll add something for them, I am also partially interested, to clean the rests I have in storage :D But for me personally it was much more important to hunt whatever I want.

I guess they'll add something for them, I am also partially interested, to clean the rests I have in storage :D But for me personally it was much more important to hunt whatever I want.

My guess is that missions with attribute tokens as rewards will pop up in events like all Mayhem
events to boost interest for those events. Just a wild guess though. :silly2:

Back