PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 21 ... LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Evey Eve Everglades
    Society
    ROUA
    Images
    Ahhhhhh the big VUs
    The update seems nice to me.. and as usually seems like someone somewhere is also overreacting a little

Judging by how flexible MA was (in my opinion) with the camera system, I believe there's a lot of room for doing this update without pissing off the legacy players so people should relax a bit and try some constructive feedback that might actually help them.

The solutions can be simple for both MA and those that value so much those started missions.
    I never played this game for missions (except that one time when I wanted to unlock commando in 2016) and I personally think it's a waste of time and a huge waste of progress. The skills don't mean much (most are @100% worth) and hunting crap mobs (crap MU-wise) just to get a crap reward seems like a crappy strategy to me.
    But I can understand different people play this game differently so for those that have a different perspective, they can go for those missions they want to keep progress for during the grace period and just switch to the new mission system during that period, they will get the reward and they will save the progress.

As for a solution from MA, it also seems very simple. As a programmer I can understand they cannot carry the progress from within the stage from one system to another but from the notes I can see they can actually carry the stage progress, so if you are on stage IX on neomex in the current system, they can switch your stage to the new system to stage 9 and thus only erasing the progress within a stage but not erase the whole chain entirely.

There are people that are temporarily away or will be in vacation during this grace period so there should be a different approach to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertha Bot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dev Notes #20 - Mission System

Hunting Mission System

Example
    You have the current “Iron Atrox IV” mission active. After the implementation of the new mission system, for each kill of a qualifying Atrox creature, you will receive progress on the new Atrox Hunting Challenge mission as well as on the legacy "Iron Atrox IV" mission. If you fulfill the requirements for the Iron Atrox IV mission during the grace period, you will receive the usual reward, but you will not be able to begin the legacy Iron Atrox V mission. Instead, you will automatically receive the next stage of the (new system) Atrox Hunting Challenge mission.

There's also this
    This grace period will extend approximately one month from the implementation of the new mission system.
    which means there's room for some flexibility here as well so people should chill a little

Twitch channel
    | EntropiaLife profile | PM for "Eve's mod fap fen service" | Face masks

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Jo Aloisius Smith
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    about as effective as rl protest lol. nah. that axemurderer wasn't up to the task. i think we got to send pigbenis to the office. that'll freakem out. maybe they'll get it then. haha get it lol get it! bwahahaha.

Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn Inc.
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Evey View Post
    Ahhhhhh the big VUs
    The update seems nice to me.. and as usually seems like someone somewhere is also overreacting a little

Judging by how flexible MA was (in my opinion) with the camera system, I believe there's a lot of room for doing this update without pissing off the legacy players so people should relax a bit and try some constructive feedback that might actually help them.

The solutions can be simple for both MA and those that value so much those started missions.
    I never played this game for missions (except that one time when I wanted to unlock commando in 2016) and I personally think it's a waste of time and a huge waste of progress. The skills don't mean much (most are @100% worth) and hunting crap mobs (crap MU-wise) just to get a crap reward seems like a crappy strategy to me.
    But I can understand different people play this game differently so for those that have a different perspective, they can go for those missions they want to keep progress for during the grace period and just switch to the new mission system during that period, they will get the reward and they will save the progress.

As for a solution from MA, it also seems very simple. As a programmer I can understand they cannot carry the progress from within the stage from one system to another but from the notes I can see they can actually carry the stage progress, so if you are on stage IX on neomex in the current system, they can switch your stage to the new system to stage 9 and thus only erasing the progress within a stage but not erase the whole chain entirely.

There are people that are temporarily away or will be in vacation during this grace period so there should be a different approach to this.

There's also this

which means there's room for some flexibility here as well so people should chill a little
    Addressing various points...

1. It's not just "Legacy" players. This hurts a lot of the people who have given the most money to MA. And everything is relative, even if someone hasn't deposited thousands, it may be a lot to them.

2. You may not care about missions but a lot of people enjoy doing them. Not everyone is like you, in fact I'd guess more play for fun, progress, etc. than play strictly or mostly to profit, like you.

3. A lot of people can't "just" bang out a shitload of missions or even just the most important ones in a few months. Not everyone has the time to play that you seem to.

4. They could in fact carry the progress in one stage from one system to another, unless the structure has changed. But if it's 5 stages in the old system and 5 stages in the new system for a mission (or 10 or whatever) simply transfer. If not then there are other solutions.

5. "Only" the progress in one stage can mean thousands of peds if it is a late stage of the mission.

6. People aren't going to "chill" when they are told they stand to lose hundreds or thousands of hours and peds spent towards mission progression.
    Xen Shop Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Halloween and Christmas Strongboxes | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) | Dominax Original Boiga Adjusted

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Jelly Burgerman Belly
    Society
    Freelance
    Images

Who knew this months ago?

Quote Originally Posted by trance View Post

It looks like this!
    Nice one Trance, that picture says it all.

I am curious if this mission announcement is news today to all players, or if MA ensured that their chosen society/societies and buddy avatars all knew of this 6 months ago?
    "Technology, in the hands of a fool, is no more than a broken toy. Congratulations MA, on your new broken toy".
    Astrelle Asti Difavitom
    "MA should be EMBARRASSED."
    Jo Aloisius Smith

Alpha
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    COWlifornia, In your closet trying on your Undies!
    orik eragon knurla
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    So... I have a set time to round out my favorite missions? And mining missions... This is going to hurt.

hypnotica TRANCE blain
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eragon View Post
    So... I have a set time to round out my favorite missions? And mining missions... This is going to hurt.
    Also if i would have 1 000 000 ped, and would play 24/7 i would not be able to finish all my open missions, on all planets.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    KrupT KrupT RaveR
    Images
    I wonder who is half way done or 2/3 done with dasps and have to try grind that out again hahahaha

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Girts Smilgs Niedra
    Society
    YippikayeeMF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by messi91 View Post
    Finally after 28 years some logic and common sense.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alina View Post
    they will change some things for sure, they usually make announces likes this for feedback

so chill plebs and go finish some missions :p
    Ahhhhhh the big VUs

As usual, the suckup trinity (perhaps advisor trinity?) has spoken so chill you legacy plebs...
    check out Smilgs hunting log and Smilgs coloring, texturing, beauty service
    for chosens high efficiency stuff & looter skills work longterm - and others can go f... themselves. as usual

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Girts Smilgs Niedra
    Society
    YippikayeeMF
    Images

Some questions and remarks I had reading the OP:
    0. As others have mentioned, don't see the reason to not issue progress to the new missions based on progress of old ones, ok there is some math involved but it is a fairly trivial calculation (% completed)

1. Would it only impact the "legacy" iron-like missions? There were/are plenty of missions which were about going somewhere, talking to some NPC who sent you to another NPC etc. Would hate to lose the progress (list of those missions completed).

2. What is the impact on missions that on completion grant access to something, e.g. the vaccine chain, entrance to mind reaver cave, entrance to the cp cave? are those areas going to be available to anyone as of the new system?

3. This seems like another massive impact to get people from other planets to go Caly for quite some time as
    a) people rushing to finish their opened missions
    b) all the missions are going to be reset so some rewards to be had

4. Are attributes going to be issued as mission rewards? It would be nice opportunity to somewhat balance previous issues - results of bugged repeatable mission chains resulting in things like messi's 200+ agility and 80+ stamina.

5. Are the new "iron" missions going to be repeatable (e.g. repeatable last stage)?

6. Are the missions still going to offer skill rewards? If so perhaps it would be good to introduce some kind of system that makes it possible to exchange to any skill in the relevant category, as the current system makes it difficult to issue unlockable skills as choices.
    check out Smilgs hunting log and Smilgs coloring, texturing, beauty service
    for chosens high efficiency stuff & looter skills work longterm - and others can go f... themselves. as usual

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    New York Rose
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Ahhhhhh the big VUs

I had thought same..

I think it is unfounded panic for the present.

Just my 2 pecs
    Last edited by Thorns Rose; 07-22-2019 at 18:16.

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 21 ... LastLast