PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 27 ... LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Storm Spawn Bootcamp
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images

Thumbs Up

So if all old missions have been deleted...............I can start over!

starting with chirpy iron.

I will sell all gear, buy some cld/aud and simply kill chirpy untill I have 10k.

Then I can move on to gibnib!

That's totally cool of Mindark! let me start over again!

I will become the player Alina and Messi want me to be.. the player that kills.... wait for it... drumfill... Kerberos!
    Kerberos iron, Kerberos bronze, Kerberos silver, Kerberos gold, Kerberos platinum!

I have a dream! We all sell our gear and only hunt Kerberos! We won't need any fen/adjusted/modded/ high efficiency/ big armor/ pills..

We simple go to the tt and buy a gun and go for the Kerberos! Start over! Weeehoooo!!!

Great tactical move by Mindark! We all kill snables and chirpy and Kerberos!

And it wil be totally free because of the CLD income.. oww wait.. boohoo..

I am so glad I am not overreacting and see the positive in all of this!

Go Mindark! You are so lucky to have ME as your customer!

and ofcourse we will make large teams and kill dasp with opalos and get the skillpoints!
    Last edited by Spawn; 07-21-2019 at 18:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Farmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL you didnt .

If they have million accounts that i am pretty sure i saw somewhere they cant just made mission to those 10,000 active and didnt do nothing whit rest .

'''''''''''A press release dating 1 April 2009 (Virtual World Developer MindArk to Use Latest HP Technology for CryENGINE2 Upgrade) mentions 820,000+ accounts. Calculating backwards from 820,000 with the figures from the financial reports would lead to 126,000+ accounts 1 month before EU became Gold...'''''''''

Cough cough

The last few press releases announcing new planets dating from 31 August to 3 November all mention that Entropia Universe "more than 950,000 registered accounts":

A simple google check lead me to this . And i didnt got cancer doing it but watching your post almost got me
    Doesn't matter how many accounts they have, the solution for any alternative is to use a NPC
    where you do or get your update/upgrade/tweaked reward from old to new mission.

Stalker
    Neil Greenleaf Stockton
    Images
    Mindark, this is ridiculous. Stop letting executives who never play the game make these decisions.

You know it's not that much work to transfer players' progress to the new mission system. Do your job.

Thank you for all the feedback. We have read all the posts and will answer as many as possible. We value this a lot as we are trying to do something better. This is one of the reasons we wanted to post this as soon as possible.

First I will explain the system that will hopefully clarify some of your concerns.

This system doesnít replace the existing quest/mission system. Its purpose is to have the missions now known as Hunting Iron Missions in one place where most, if not all creatures could be unlocked in a creature knowledge database. Also to serve as a Bestiary where additional information about them can be unlocked and a system that we can build upon. There are also several other reasons why we are doing this:
    * The existing system is quite taxing on the servers and when designed, was not intended to be used this way where many players have lots of Iron Missions at the same time
    * The existing Iron missions today have many manual steps when it comes to create, edit and maintain. That results in tough decisions when players asks for more of them or changes (even accidentally removing them was hard to resolve)
    * Players were forced to find the missions before hunting so they didnít feel that they lost progression. This will no longer be necessary with the new systems as the mission of the creature will be added automatically if you participate in the kill.
    * We want players to be able to play together and get rewarded for all the activity that they do.
    * We want to create more interesting missions instead of relying on the Iron Missions for activity,
    * A system that can reward players retroactively depending on the progress if we so choose.

This is also extremely bad for new player retention.
    We think that new players will be given goals to complete as Iron Missions unlock as they progress in their adventure in Entropia Universe

Grace period should be letting ppl finish missions that are undegoing.
    We in the management have read the feedback and we will extend the grace period to approx one year. It is better to admit when in fault, this is one of those times and we have therefore reconsidered.

I'm interested in scanning part. Shooting and healing is returned in loot so I get it but scanning is not right now. Do they plan to start including scanner decay in loot returned? That would be something for ppl trying to up their looter levels.
    Our plan is to add knowledge progression for anything you do towards the target that decays.

You really need to find a way to transfer progress from current missions to the new system. This is unacceptable.
    As the systems are not compatible this is not possible. They will also have more ranks/steps than the previous Iron Mission chain. As the rewards are different too, where you can choose from a larger selection of skills, we feel that it is better for everyone to start from first rank to gain the most benefit from it.

They post this on a Saturday and no one here to respond. WTF
    Most of us are on vacation right now, including me, but we didnít want to wait. Hopefully we can answer most of your questions.

Are attributes going to be issued as mission rewards?
    That is something we are discussing but not ready to share any info as of yet.

Are the new "iron" missions going to be repeatable (e.g. repeatable last stage)?
    Yes!

Let everybody finish their missions in the old system and then start new one under the new system.
    As the new system automatically adds the mission of the creature if it is eligible as soon as you participate in a kill it wonít be possible to choose when to start it.

Ok, and where is the problem to code a program to transmit all that data to the new system, or give the players/accounts in % the skills of the not done missions? Computers todays have no problem to calculate all this within minuts or less.
    Current mission system is based on kill count/points where the new is based on the contribution calculation.

In a game where a lot of things are about progressing, losing a progress is totally unacceptable.
    The progression will now be at one place where you can easily track and see it. It can also be compared with others and that can also open up for new challenges in the future.

Thanks again for the feedback and we will keep reading your posts. We will share more information as we get closer to the release.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Gaina "Messi91" Cristi
    Society
    House of Gamers
    Images
    Lovely, repeatable missions.
    Thanks !

Thanks Dennis. The year grace period seems a lot more reasonable.

Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn Inc.
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Evey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see a pretty good idea, if it's possible to implement - give people % of skill from current progress. It should be a "mission closure terminal" where you can pick up skill from previous missions, depending on your progress on each and start over the current stage of the mission, if progress was <50% or next one if progress over 50%.

1. It may be a lot to many, no doubt, it's still freebies.
    You mention freebies a few times. I disagree, the rewards are not freebies. Freebies are the handouts for Chirstmas, Halloween, etc. Most people spend money to get the rewards of the mission. Most mobs are usually not profitable. So, you might hunt Caperon anyway, but most mobs are done at least partially for the mission reward, at least in the quantity they are hunted.

So I see loss of mission progress as loss of an investment and this is a bad faith action by MA, to put it politely.

Edit: Just saw the post by Dennis, extending the grace period to one year is much appreciated! And ty for posting on your vacation.
    Last edited by Xen; 07-21-2019 at 21:33.
    Xen Shop Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Halloween and Christmas Strongboxes | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) | Dominax Original Boiga Adjusted

Provider
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Ledjaman theledja ras
    Society
    The Knights of Entropia
    One year grace period is far more feasible and quite fair imo, thanks for the response!

Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn Inc.
    Images
    Are attributes going to be issued as mission rewards?

That is something we are discussing but not ready to share any info as of yet.
    Please share this info asap as it could affect what we want to accomplish between now and then.
    Xen Shop Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Halloween and Christmas Strongboxes | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) | Dominax Original Boiga Adjusted

Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 27 ... LastLast