PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 32 ... LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    ender endermigne migne
    Society
    The White Dots
    Images
    One year now, OK, that's better.

I assume that all you posters also have

created a
    support
    case

? Yes? Give them something to type.

Besides that you just have to look at it from MA's POV:

• they force you to finish the mission(s) you've started -> directly more income
    • they cut everybody who fail to finish a mission in time -> indirectly more income as the player has to restart a similar mission in the new system and do something to be where he/she was at the time of the cut as far as the progress in a mission is concerned

I mean they count on the numbers and they usually say that some will leave, but some will join -> 's all good, man (Better Call Saul reference...)

Currently they force me to get 30k kill points out of Berycleds. Doesn't sound like much, but I'm not printing PEDs here...
    A proud Senior member since 6th of May 2008, 01:47a

Quote Originally Posted by -JJ- View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    also if we are in teams hunting say wombana for example, there are missions to kill x amount of them so will we each get credited kill count on a killed mob or will it be whoever did the most damage as b4?
    My guess is that if you have a team of 10 and everyone do damage of 10% of hp, everyone get 10% of
    a point in the progress of that mission.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    James Jambon Zidane
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis|MindArk View Post
    As the systems are not compatible this is not possible. They will also have more ranks/steps than the previous Iron Mission chain. As the rewards are different too, where you can choose from a larger selection of skills, we feel that it is better for everyone to start from first rank to gain the most benefit from it.
    Yes, I can see this as being good to give people a whole new chain of iron missions to go through with new rewards.

However, beyond the extended grace period is it possible to some how compensate people for the progression in missions that will be lost? There must be some way to allow people to feel they aren't losing all the progress with nothing in return?

Maybe a ton of those robot data fragments that can be exchanged for boxes that can be resold or something? Or maybe come up with a new set of boxes with a SERIOUSLY BAD ASS ring and make an event of it? All progression on existing missions will be rewarded with "Skill Data Fragments" that can be exchanged for the new Skill Strongboxes which contain some awesome shit like mayhem amps, candy canes and a new ring.

Very little cash out of pocket for you and I'd be happy getting a few hundred boxes I could sell for a few hundred peds or open with the chance for some sweet high markup loot.
    Last edited by jambon; 07-22-2019 at 15:55.

Watching The End Of The Universe Since 2010...

Sir Valentin
    Society
    Experia
    Images
    Dear MA give one date to us and then wait 1 year before you do this new thing with missions that in my mind is ok.

One of the many reasons I've always admired you.Your willingness to put VERY hard work into this Universe. Words from a player in this game.

Dominant
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Soumal Thewebbie Darksky
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis|MindArk View Post
    It will be at least one year which means it will include next years migration.
    So is this a change of language of "approximately one year"?

We will all hold your feet to the fire on this promise.

It is still BS your can't migrate data. If you won't do that how about some compensation for all the points on all the missions we are going to be loosing?

Alpha
    Chenghis LuisArkadov Pandoran
    Society
    Guess Who
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thewebbie View Post
    So is this a change of language of "approximately one year"?

We will all hold your feet to the fire on this promise.

It is still BS your can't migrate data. If you won't do that how about some compensation for all the points on all the missions we are going to be loosing?
    Totally agree!

So these 2 systems are totally incompatible yet you plan to run them in parallel for 1 year. What could possibly go wrong?

As an aside, are the fundational services running behind the scenes already and that's why we have this insane lag?

I so want to like the changes as going forward I believe some of the proposals will improve the social interaction. team, shared etc...

Yet inevitably losing possibly 100ks of ped cycled (even with 1 year 'grace' period) is really an outlandish suggestion to me.

I could even see how a conversion is too much hassle to take forward into the new system. However in such case you guys gotta find a way to compensate. Skill as a commodity is near dead so what's the big deal?

Pay out pro rata and i'd still just accept with grinding teeth. Getting 50% reward on stage 5 still means i won't continue to last (possibly repeatable) stage 6 but instead may have to start from 0.

Have you done the numbers game? Suppose 100% of players now finish 50% of their pending missions/mission stages and lose the other 50%. How much cycled ped would that equate too? The anger level will be proportional to that.

Seriously?

Take my years of slow progress away, dozens of mission midway, say goodbye to another longterm player.

What happened to MA keeping their promises? things from the recent AMA but again new useless crap.

Entropia is becoming, Different, not better..

EDIT.. just read it will take at least a year.. Lol
    This is 1-2 weeks work max.

This is a distraction or scare tactics to get ya spending..
    You have no chance, unless you take one.
    When the fun stops, STOP!!!

Guardian
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    Freelancer
    I'm not so sure about everyone starts the new ones from zero because Berth's post said:

If you fulfill the requirements for the Iron Atrox IV mission during the grace period, you will receive the usual reward, but you will not be able to begin the legacy Iron Atrox V mission. Instead, you will automatically receive the next stage of the (new system) Atrox Hunting Challenge mission.

I don't know if by the "next stage" they mean stage I or stage V of the new Atrox missions.

Also, if I understand this correctly during the year long grace period you will only be able to finish your current stage on any iron missions. You will not be able to advance past that point. So for the next two months or whenever they begin the grace period, those interested should be bumping up iron missions chains they are close to entering the next stage as they will have a year to finish the next level.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    George Geo Clone
    Society
    Victory
    Images
    My understanding is that contribution in the new system is based on decay of weapons and tools used to kill the mob at that time.
    This is why they can’t simply transfer progress.
    How can they represent the contribution from decay for a mob that was killed years ago?
    There is also the difference in kills to kill points.

Also, they mentioned there will be more stages for each mission and this could mean that the new stages would have varying amounts of kill points required compared to the current ones.

But I agree, the very least they can do is compensate with a % of the reward that would of been earned based on current progress in that mission or introduce new tokens for each kill point that can be exchanged for skills or something.
    Last edited by Geo; 07-22-2019 at 19:11.

www.victory-ms.com
    https://discord.gg/j4GfC8f
    ❍ ●° .∘· ↭ ·⌀ .• ◦· ⌱
    BUYING:[Armor Plating Mark.7A, SGA Edition]x1

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Jo Aloisius Smith
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    My understanding is that contribution in the new system is based on decay of weapons and tools used to kill the mob at that time.
    This is why they can’t simple transfer progress.
    How can they represent the contribution from decay for a mob that was killed years ago?

But I agree, the very least they can do is compensate with a % of the reward that would of been earned based on current progress in that mission or introduce new tokens for each kill point that can be exchanged for skills or something.
    or think of something to compensate.

this game is a lot about avatar status and reputation. often bragging points are discussed on soc chat(oh fuk fix the soc chat puh-leeese). so it would be nice to have something to hang with your trophy heads and certificates of acheivements. not like consolation (because, uh well, nm), but like proof that we did something that no longer exists. (side note: i hate trophys and apartment stuff because - real estate has no intrinsic value with not much use past storing trophies.)

my soc chat channel also revealed to me the fact that we'll be running both old and new missions which would be equal to double rewards for some that finish. all in all i think it's better than it sounds. when i looked over my missions they are not like 100% losses. some are sacrificeable and some are important to finish.

lots of ubers dont even bother with missions, so, theres that. the new system sounds intriguing, as well, possibly making team hunting way better. overall, i think it's gonna be a positive, if not great, change.

Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 32 ... LastLast