PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 34 ... LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    KrupT KrupT RaveR
    Images
    https://youtu.be/9Ywdh1on_HU

Surprisingly found this in my YouTube feed

One reason for not letting people finish in their own time is that MA may wish to remove the old code. While I agree that people with multiple 5-10k missions open may feel a bit rushed, one year is a compromise. Whether one month was a (stupid) tactic, or just stupidity, we may never know.

My feeling is that EU players have GOALS, more strongly so and with far more patience and slow determination than players of anything else that shall remain nameless. Don't lightly mess with our goals, MA, it is what drives us (=keeps us paying you).

On the other hand, all those missions which are not changing use code which will have to be kept, surely. But what do I know?

EU player base spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by K_rupT View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://youtu.be/9Ywdh1on_HU

Surprisingly found this in my YouTube feed

That's a video everyone should see. Almost all EU players (5 % skimming club not included) tick most or ALL boxes:

- They (me included) are victim of the sunken cost fallacy
    - People who rage when they see someone else hoffing on "their" mob = victim of gambler's fallacy
    - Need to use credit card to deposit (gamble more than you can afford) = gamble addict
    - Using ingame banks/pawn shops to squeese out a few more kills (combo of the above)
    - loot boxes = microtransactions that won't satisfy you even when buying 1000s
    - High withdrawal fee to keep most small/medium players from withdrawing (+ skills worth close to nada, not worth it)
    - Hof list and swirlies clearly made to hook people (how boring without the swirlies! How not addicting!)
    - when losing, people cook up reasons why MA is against them, how unfair the game is, raging, fuming = clear signs of gambling addiction
    - I can go on and on.... watch the vid!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Charley Moondog 1969
    Society
    Stockholm Syndrome
    Images
    I have a few comments :

About the video, very informative but probably not anything the majority of the player base are not already aware of and if they are not they should be. Most players here play their own game which is the beauty of EU. You can choose to play however you want, if you get dragged into the psychology and marketing techniques of the gaming companies then you only have ourself to blame. What does concern me is the impact the gaming companies have on younger players who may not have the experience or the common sense to look at how the companies operate. I am sat on a quite a few boxes but I will no open them until I need to depo or decide to sell them.

On a separate note, after the original announcement on Saturday, I finished my LT bronze on Sunday and then stopped hunting LT's. I may have managed to complete the silver but with holidays approaching it was touch and go, which is a shame as they have always been my favourite mob. Thankfully the extension to the grace period and the confirmation that next years migration will be included in the current mission system has meant I can start pew pewing them again.

I am interested to see how the new mission system develops so am watching this space.
    If it killed you
    It isn't because you have the wrong armour,
    you just need a bigger gun

Jan Candydog NL Universe
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    There will be not many people against the change in the big picture. (Including me)

Simple solution:
    Set a date and time in Q3.
    At that time, flag all open iron missions as finished.
    (On the kills or killpoints that is achieved at that point)
    let the people walk to the NPC, and they can choose between the rewards they want that was available for that mission.
    Maybe give 2 weeks time to walk to NPC for those that can't login earlier?
    If reward was 10PED on 10000
    Customer A: 5000/10000 kills, results in 50% completed, reward 10PED*50%
    Don't let them proceed to next stage on the old missions.
    And the new style can be released also at that set date and time.
    No grace time needed, I assume then. (Less so called heavy load on your servers way earlier)
    And no Customer would feel the presure that you are trying to apply on them.

People have a problem with you publicly stealing their invested time and money spend on missions without any decent loot table, to progress on their ava, not to get ripped of again and again.

As I mentioned somewhere else:
    You should be mentioned in the guinness book of records, for creating the most shitstorms in history.

And Ludvig, I know you never liked me, but come on, you were also a customer back then, you did not want to get ripped of either, so go kick those muppets in the balls.
    Last edited by Jan Universe; 07-23-2019 at 10:29.
    Entropia Universe: RCE -> RCNE
    Done with this MuppetShow.
    Have fun, and stay in tune, or was it, stay tuned?

Dominant
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Granny Rowan Render
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    MindArk if you are reading this..
    This is my heartfelt plea...

Pretty Pretty Pretty PLEASE with a cherry on top, fix the chat system before the vu for the missions. You know and have already stated it will likely need to be tweaked so we can expect several updates/mini updates/server crashes, every one of which causes chaos to those of us that operate private chat channels for societies/ships/customers etc.
    It takes literally hours for me and others every time we have to do all the re-invites. If I have to do it more than once a week I strongly suspect I will do it for the convenience of others, and then log off discouraged, disappointed and wondering why I even bother logging in.
    If you cant fix it, re-write it, list handling in modern programming is simple.

and before some bright spark tells me to get others to help..I can't, the biggest chat channel I operate is for Kronan (approx. 400 members) , and only the owner can see who is currently on guest list and keep the chat list to match it

Detritus the Troll
    Images
    PCF users: MA, you don't communicate enough!

*MA shares an idea they are working on*

PCF users: WTf thIS is UnACCeptAble I demAnd yOu Do WhaT I WaNT Im uR cuSTomER EU is MY LiFe Im nEVer logGing IN aGAIn YoU guYS canT do ANYthinG riGHt
    Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. - Terry Pratchett

Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Stoica Alina Alina
    Society
    freeeeee
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
    PCF users: MA, you don't communicate enough!

PCF users: WTf thIS is UnACCeptAble I demAnd yOu Do WhaT I WaNT Im uR cuSTomER EU is MY LiFe Im nEVer logGing IN aGAIn YoU guYS canT do ANYthinG riGHt
    they even demand compensation LMAO

Jan Candydog NL Universe
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
    Shouldn't they think about what they publish upfront?
    And prevent a shitstorm?
    Well I don't care, it's not my company, and ceased playing anyway, just scrambling some pec here and there.

Anyway have fun with the Muppet show.
    Last edited by Jan Universe; 07-23-2019 at 16:15.

Jan Candydog NL Universe
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alina View Post
    they even demand compensation LMAO
    It's not compensation, it's getting what is been paid for.
    History in here shows often how people paid for stuff, and no delivery, so nothing new realy.
    And yes we all know they can do whatever they want, not even the heavily paid items are ours.
    And actually I don't know why I post anyways, as they can have my lost progress, as mentioned before.
    Last edited by Jan Universe; 07-23-2019 at 10:46.

Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 34 ... LastLast