PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 25 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ntelinatsos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you have no the right to remove the kill points we already have from our missions, and no, i'm not gonna finish all the started missions i have in just few months..
    Actually they do, not that i agree with MA and personally think we should be allowed to finish what we started or get something transfered. However everytime you log into the game, you agree to their terms:

MindArk may, at any time and at MindArk’s sole discretion, update, revise, implement patches or in any other way modify, manage and control the internal data and balancing of the Entropia Universe System and/or any aspect or feature of the Entropia Universe, with or without any prior notice to the Participant or responsibility for compensation due to loss or gain of value consequent to these modifications.

One huge wish(dont know if anyone written it yet?) I have is that I want to be able to see maps and missions on ALL planets, ALWAYS!
    Like now I would like to plan witch missions I want to complete, then I have to travel to Ark to see my missions there.
    As with maps its hard to help friends who asks for locations and you have to explain rather than just make a waypont and sent it.
    Missions and maps shuld be in tabs for diffrentplanets imo.
    😊

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    ender endermigne migne
    Society
    The White Dots
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leanadelugana View Post
    One huge wish(dont know if anyone written it yet?) I have is that I want to be able to see maps and missions on ALL planets, ALWAYS!
    Like now I would like to plan witch missions I want to complete, then I have to travel to Ark to see my missions there.
    As with maps its hard to help friends who asks for locations and you have to explain rather than just make a waypont and sent it.
    😊
    That makes too much sense to be implemented, similar to bookmarks for favourite TPs and waypoints.
    A proud Senior member since 6th of May 2008, 01:47a

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Kerawan Kerham Maddahy
    Society
    Project Y
    Images
    😊
    Amen to that and +rep

Alpha
    Chenghis LuisArkadov Pandoran
    Society
    Guess Who
    Images
    All that was ever needed and possibly asked for was 2 things:

1) Convert kill based missions into kill point based missions to reward hunters chasing higher maturities.

2) Adjust team hunting & shared loot mobs so that kill points can be divided up by damage dealt & assigned pro rata (down to a minimum of 1 point obviously - no dice if your damage didn't amount to 1 point)

Now i fear you're throwing another half baked mess like 2.0 & the cam/control revamp at us.

I also seem to remember that MA started a few years back on point 1 above. Not sure why there was no follow through.

Detritus the Troll
    Images
    😊

100% this. I'm not sure what dipshit at MA decided to limit what map you can view, but I can't think of any reasoning behind it. Everyone complains about this, and the worst part is the fix is trivial - just remove the filter on the location dropdown so that it always allows you to select any location.

The tabs are a great idea, but let's not overwhelm MA's dev team with something any other team would consider trivial.

BTW a partial workaround is that you can get a map for another planet by going to the global event list and clicking the map icon on either an event or a land area (you can re-enable all the TPs and default icons at the top left). The caveat is that it only works for events or land areas, so while on Caly, you can get an Ark map by selecting any of the land areas under Ark, but you can't get a map of e.g. AUG or Ark Moon or Toulan since there are no LAs in those places.
    Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. - Terry Pratchett

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    ender endermigne migne
    Society
    The White Dots
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
    The tabs are a great idea, but let's not overwhelm MA's dev team with something any other team would consider trivial.
    I've said this already: The stupidities in software in general (as if Windows has no stupidities?) rather come from marketing and management departments. This is true for the entire IT-industry around the world. Developers are mostly the poor ones in the system that have to do what's been decided. I've personally witnessed such things more than once where even my boss knew that it was a crappy idea before I told him, but it had to be done anyway. Why? There are contracts that need to be fulfilled...

So if marketing says "we have this new idea and it needs to be shipped in one month" there is no bug that's critical enough to be fixed first. And if that's finally out that former critical bug suddenly isn't the most critical bug any more...
    A proud Senior member since 6th of May 2008, 01:47a

Quote Originally Posted by LuisArkadov View Post
    All that was ever needed and possibly asked for was 2 things:

1) Convert kill based missions into kill point based missions to reward hunters chasing higher maturities.

2) Adjust team hunting & shared loot mobs so that kill points can be divided up by damage dealt & assigned pro rata (down to a minimum of 1 point obviously - no dice if your damage didn't amount to 1 point)

Now i fear you're throwing another half baked mess like 2.0 & the cam/control revamp at us.

I also seem to remember that MA started a few years back on point 1 above. Not sure why there was no follow through.
    Imo they should have done the reward for kill based mission flexible so that you get a
    higher reward the higher maturity you killed. That way it would be way more interesting for
    those doing e.g Atrox 10k mission and hunting Stalkers instead of Youngs...

Alpha
    Chenghis LuisArkadov Pandoran
    Society
    Guess Who
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Joat View Post
    Imo they should have done the reward for kill based mission flexible so that you get a
    higher reward the higher maturity you killed. That way it would be way more interesting for
    those doing e.g Atrox 10k mission and hunting Stalkers instead of Youngs...
    Well, point 1) would be to enable that albeit in an inverted way. With kill mission you get 1 kill no matter if young or stalker. With killpoints you may get 6 for young and 12 or 24 or 36 or whatever for stalkers.

So while the reward stays the same you'll get there quicker (pointwise) by killing higher maturity.

point 2) was more to do with encouraging more team hunts & shared event participation. I (and incidently many friends & soc mates) often opt out of a team hunt because we actually want to get the mission kills/points ourselves. Right now highest damaged dealt takes all and up to 11 players get none. If point based & pro rata then this wouldn't be an issue and i'd join a team hunt more often than i do now.

Quote Originally Posted by LuisArkadov View Post
    Well, point 1) would be to enable that albeit in an inverted way. With kill mission you get 1 kill no matter if young or stalker. With killpoints you may get 6 for young and 12 or 24 or 36 or whatever for stalkers.

So while the reward stays the same you'll get there quicker (pointwise) by killing higher maturity.

point 2) was more to do with encouraging more team hunts & shared event participation. I (and incidently many friends & soc mates) often opt out of a team hunt because we actually want to get the mission kills/points ourselves. Right now highest damaged dealt takes all and up to 11 players get none. If point based & pro rata then this wouldn't be an issue and i'd join a team hunt more often than i do now.
    Reason why I want some kill based missions left is just that, you'll see who manage to struggle through
    what can be tedious, and not always have the easy way.
    This kind of system could be used on extra mission though, since it doesn't fit that many.

Hopefully it will be way better with new system so we can team hunt and everyone doing damage also
    get some points.

Long time ago I wished that they used a tokensystem for skill reward too. That way we could save up
    and get higher values, and if anyone want to put skills on chip, just put token and chip in refiner, reduce
    value with 10% and end up with same skillchip as if you do a chip out today.

Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 25 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast