Old Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Edward MrEddie James
    Society
    SHOOT N LOOT
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaliah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the system is able to have both old & new mission consecutively running ~ i do not understand why we need any form of grace period, just leave the old missions open to let players complete them at their own pace before they can start the ones from the new system (of the same type).

And while it seems to me from the info provided in the OP that the changes are focused towards hunting challenges; my concern is the last paragraph

will it only be the hunting missions that are reset or will this also affect the other long term missions such as:

Mining challenges
    Prison chain on RT
    Dropship on Ark
    The long mission chain on Cyrene which has several stages of kill XXX thing
    Mission Galactica
    Marcimex cave access
    Neomex cave access
    Mount Hephestos access

I would like more clarification on what exactly is going to be affected as soon as possible, so that I can plan accordingly as I have a lot in progress as I am sure many do.

very good questions,,,if that applies also to mining and other chains....

I sincerely hope..the programmers can do a convert on day X

example like ...mkay....you have 40% of that stage--> you get 30-40% of the new one....-->and then all are converted and we all have only the new system....

*crossing fingers*
    Last edited by Edward-James; 07-20-2019 at 20:08.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Jo Aloisius Smith
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    Holy fuck, you know some of us have a shit ton of missions open with significant progress that we will lose. Can't possibly finish all those in a few months!

You really need to find a way to transfer progress from current missions to the new system. This is unacceptable.
    o boy. ya this is bad. how in the hell are we going to complete these missions. fak i tole you to just rebuild from scratch. how are you gonna repair your clientbase after this and maintain enough nickle-and-diming to pay yourselves. the gig is up. dumass is as dumass does.

Implementation
    As this is a completely new system that will replace the current mission system, progress in existing missions unfortunately cannot be carried over into the new system. Therefore, we are taking this opportunity to give all participants an alert to the upcoming changes several months in advance so that they have time to complete any active missions.

There will also be a grace period where both the new and old systems will work in tandem, during which time kills on qualifying creatures will result in progress on both the old and new versions of the Hunting Challenge missions. This grace period will extend approximately one month from the implementation of the new mission system.
    HAPPY FOR CHANGE. but not THAT happy. maybe ben dover but not me. nope

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Oleg Oleg McMullery
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    Holy fuck, you know some of us have a shit ton of missions open with significant progress that we will lose. Can't possibly finish all those in a few months!

You really need to find a way to transfer progress from current missions to the new system. This is unacceptable.
    Or, to put it more succinctly: fuck off, fuck off, fuck off, and get fucked.

This is yet another kick in the balls for long term players who have worked hard at progressing.

Yes, bring in a new system for new missions. We all want that. To mess with the old missions at the same time is ridiculous and unnecessary. The fact that the other planets are still able to continue with the old system proves it unnecessary.
    Last edited by Oleg; 07-20-2019 at 20:18.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Oleg Oleg McMullery
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathilda View Post
    I dont see the problem, you get double mission rewards for a few months.
    if you cant finish the missions you really wanted the reward from in 6 months or whatever idk what you're doing rofl
    Bronze Aurli: 2224 / 10000
    Bronze Kreltin: 4456 / 10000
    Iron Araneatrox: 1601 / 10000
    Iron Caperon: 10824 / 60000
    Iron Eomon: 5250 / 30000
    Iron Falxangius: 16901 / 25000
    Iron Feffox: 31035 / 60000
    Iron Formicacida: 20682 / 60000
    Iron Legionnaire: 16795 / 60000
    Iron Proteron: 9373 / 15000
    Iron Scipulor: 3870 / 5000
    Iron Sumima: 4562 / 10000
    Silver Atrox: 30647 / 60000

What do you suggest I work on?

Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oleg View Post
    Or, to put it more succinctly: fuck off, fuck off, fuck off, and get fucked.

This is yet another kick in the balls for long term players who have worked hard at progressing.

Yes, bring in a new system for new missions. We all want that. To mess with the old missions at the same time is ridiculous and unnecessary. The fact that the other planets are still able to continue with the old system proves it unnecessary.
    Oh man, the first ever time that I agree with Oleg!!

That really means this is serious shit!!!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    James Jambon Zidane
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    As this is a completely new system that will replace the current mission system, progress in existing missions unfortunately cannot be carried over into the new system.
    Are all the missions going to be reworked and have new rewards?

Sorry, gotta call BS on this one. If you're able to code a whole new mission system you can certainly code in a way to port progress over. If you can't then DON'T CHANGE THE SYSTEM! Or better yet - there's a growing list of things people have been begging for much longer than a revised mission system. Maybe you should start with that list instead. My suggestion is to start with the promised voting system that would allow us to vote on these kinds of insane overhauls!

Seriously, how bad is your code that you're unable to write a little script that looks at stored value of your % of completion on a mission using the old system and then set the variable storing your progress in the new system to the same value? You're even telling us that you're going to have both systems working at the same time but you're incapable of setting up a relational data call? WTF?

Sorry MA you need to do a hell of a lot better than this. You can't expect your player base to just go along with you deleting millions of peds worth of progress on those missions because you want to start from scratch. You need to explain yourself MUCH better as to WHY this needs to happen and why progress can't be carried over and why we should be thinking this a good thing (not a kick in the balls for older players). So far what you've said doesn't even come remotely close to doing this.

With this announcement I predict ESI markup is going to go up - fast!
    Last edited by jambon; 07-20-2019 at 20:38.

Watching The End Of The Universe Since 2010...

Guardian
    Resnis Resnis Tusnis
    Society
    NBK Army
    Images

RCE - with F-Xxx

Was considering 2 Depo again ....

WAS ....

Ideots or what - make conversion of current progress to:
    1. Skills (still I was going 2 get Attribute tokens, ... some other might be willing to take pure skills)
    2. Convert to New mission progress

3. Fire that ideot ... Your statement that it is impossible to convert = Demonstrating publicly that You are not employing any Analyst ... not even a 2nd year dropout ...

Resnis

hypnotica TRANCE blain
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    this will be my end of playing EU, if MA doing so. I never be able to finish all my long taking missions. It is like MA steal my skills, i worked since a long time for it. If they do so, i never will depo again, only pay out and by bey... now the red line on my patiance is reached.

Sorry to say, but this will hapen here!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    In the Refrigerator, Behind the Mayonnaise, Next to the Ketchup, and to the Left of the Cole Slaw
    Bare BareBones Bones
    Society
    Skillin Villains
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier_Jr View Post
    How problem is generated by MA, then they must give rewards proportionally to the advance of player before the implementation of new system. For example, if reward for silver mission is 90 ped of skills, and if hunter makes 60% of goal. MA would give to player 54 ped of skills
    I see this as the most logical solution.

Also , I find this entire process debilitating to the Planet Partners.
    You are forcing players to evacuate all planets , to rush to Calypso and save their mission progress first.

We of course know this deadline will not stand , as you never hit your deadlines. Which will in turn add more months that Planet Partners suffer with decreased populations.

Lets put this off for a year and get back to work on something sensible , then release it in one go.
    Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
    11 October 1884 7 November 1962

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    James Jambon Zidane
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier_Jr View Post
    How problem is generated by MA, then they must give rewards proportionally to the advance of player before the implementation of new system. For example, if reward for silver mission is 90 ped of skills, and if hunter makes 60% of goal. MA would give to player 54 ped of skills
    Sadly this couldn't work as it would instantly collapse the skill market with everyone magically just a huge boost to a ton of skills in an instant. Overnight 3 million peds worth of skills enter the game (an amount equal to several years of gains).

Watching The End Of The Universe Since 2010...

Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 16 ... LastLast