Starter Pack Nerfed!

glennbuck

Provider
glennbuck glennbuck johnson
Many years ago i seen a great deal on Entropia webshop for doing small mob Iron Missions in the Platinum Packs at $50 a Pack.

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Attachment&id=189

ZX Sinkadus amp, 5 Ped tt 15000 uses, 84.7% Efficiency

ZX R Dod sight, 3 Ped tt, 14451 uses, 100% Efficiency

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Attachment&id=270

in 2017,2018 these items were nerfed to 0.50 Pec tt 1500 uses and 0.30 Pec tt 1445 uses.

If hunting with this amp and sight now with a 1 hour 15 minute adjusted loot pill they need to be repaired 3 times!

I bought 2 Platinum boxes at a cost of $100 to use these eco long lasting amps and sights for long small mob iron missions now they have been nerfed into useless equipment, when will MA compensate Platinum Box purchases for destroying the UL items in the Packs!

Last edited:
Hello,

I dunno all details of those packs ...but one of the reasons why the tt value is decreased-->is then to make the packs way more cheaper to buy....

and since the also use ammo as compensation of the low tt value (to extend the usages) is that RLY? the case of only 10% total uses compared to old version...i was guessing of atleast 70-80% of total uses now compared to old versions...

Eddie

You can see on the ZX R Dod above as the old value of it is still displayed on EntropiaWiki, 3 ped TT, it is now 30 pec TT which is a 90% reduction from the 14445 shots, it is now 1445.

When you buy Two starter packs for $100 for UL items you do not expect the TT Value to be Nerfed in future updates to make UL items unusable. I am not sure if they changed the decay or ammo use on the ZX Sinkadus laser Amp but it used to last for hours before the TT value was changed, they changed nothing on the decay of the Sight just reduced its TT Value from 3 Ped to 0.30 Pec.

Last edited:
You can see on the ZX R Dod above as the old value of it is still displayed on EntropiaWiki, 3 ped TT, it is now 30 pec TT which is a 90% reduction from the 14445 shots, it is now 1445.

When you buy Two starter packs for $100 for UL items you do not expect the TT Value to be Nerfed in future updates to make UL items unusable. I am not sure if they changed the decay or ammo use on the ZX Sinkadus laser Amp but it used to last for hours before the TT value was changed, they changed nothing on the decay of the Sight just reduced its TT Value from 3 Ped to 0.30 Pec.

Yes noticed same now when you said it. Very bad stuff from MindArk

Here is my recap from the previous packs, if it helps. At a quick glance what I see is:

- They removed the PED, everything is account bound now.
- They now give more universal ammo to compensate lost tt and missing PED.
- The gold pack is $10 cheaper.

I don't like how they changed existing items to be honest.

Just take a portable repair unit into the field with you.
It was also changed a while ago now and they did mention it in notes.

Also at the end of the day, this is still a game, MA can change anything they want at any time. Keep that in mind when your buying UL things.

Just take a portable repair unit into the field with you.
It was also changed a while ago now and they did mention it in notes.

Also at the end of the day, this is still a game, MA can change anything they want at any time. Keep that in mind when your buying UL things.

Lol, the cost of using a portable repair on these items would literally add 5% unreturnable cost to your hunt.

Must be a slow week with nothing complain about, This change was made literally 2 years ago and you are complaining about it now? Biggest YIKES I've ever given. :)

Must be a slow week with nothing complain about, This change was made literally 2 years ago and you are complaining about it now? Biggest YIKES I've ever given. :)

Yes well when they Nerf down your UL Armor, FAP, Weapons, Sights, Scopes by 90% TT value and you need to Repair it all every 30 Minutes hunting instead of every 5 hours, in a future VU, you would be Moaning on here too.

Yes well when they Nerf down your UL Armor, FAP, Weapons, Sights, Scopes by 90% TT value and you need to Repair it all every 30 Minutes hunting instead of every 5 hours, in a future VU, you would be Moaning on here too.

Im pretty sure the total uses remained the same on most items cause ammo consumpion was increased to compensate being a buff, you can upgrade to various other sights that have a bigger impact, these are called starter items for a reason

It was a perfectly reasonable adjustment, providing the new players more UA to play with.

From the point of view of it being a starter pack, it makes sense...

I bought some starter packs and used those weapons in the Arg Cave for the repeatable quest.
I bought 2 packs so I didn't have to leave the cave to repair one.
Two rifles would complete the mission.
I also wanted the 4x4 cars.

Now I cant get rid of this crap...
2 full sets
Harrier Assault Arm Guards, Adjusted (M)

Its ugly as hell... and My CDF gear I used all the way to level 25.

I wish they would let us delete this stuff in the TT.
It's just taking up storage and server space.
Rock

Im pretty sure the total uses remained the same on most items cause ammo consumpion was increased to compensate being a buff, you can upgrade to various other sights that have a bigger impact, these are called starter items for a reason

The decay of the ZX R Dod has not changed 0.020, all that changed was the TT value being reduced from 3 Ped to 0.30 Ped, changing the total uses from 14551 uses to 1455, lasting around 30 Minutes before needing repair, compared to is old Value of 3 Ped lasting 10 Hours hunting before Repair. To Reduce the TT value of UL items by 90% that cost 1200 Ped for Two platinum starter packs, this is fine it seems for most avatars replying! No other sights offer 100% Efficiency boosting the guns you equip these with, hence the Nerf probably.

Last edited:
The decay of the ZX R Dod has not changed 0.020, all that changed was the TT value being reduced from 3 Ped to 0.30 Ped, changing the total uses from 14551 uses to 1455, lasting around 30 Minutes before needing repair, compared to is old Value of 3 Ped lasting 10 Hours hunting before Repair. To Reduce the TT value of UL items by 90% that cost 1200 Ped for Two platinum starter packs, this is fine it seems for most avatars replying! No other sights offer 100% Efficiency boosting the guns you equip these with, hence the Nerf probably.

Not fine at all to change items after they've been sold ...

this explains why when I logged in after a long break the tt value of my items was above max tt. I thought this was very strange.

+1 not happy that they reduced the amount of uses I can get out of it though.

why not? They do it ALL THE TIME.

(I do agree that it's annoying as hell, but it's not the first time and definitely won't be the last. Mindark enjoys its real crash economy)

Last edited:
I bought some starter packs and used those weapons in the Arg Cave for the repeatable quest.
I bought 2 packs so I didn't have to leave the cave to repair one.
Two rifles would complete the mission.
I also wanted the 4x4 cars.

Now I cant get rid of this crap...
2 full sets
Harrier Assault Arm Guards, Adjusted (M)

Its ugly as hell... and My CDF gear I used all the way to level 25.

I wish they would let us delete this stuff in the TT.
It's just taking up storage and server space.
Rock

totally tt crap. why did they let you buy 2 in the first place? anyone else notice the poor design? or is just me. maybe if i keep blabbing all by myself MA will make a revamp redesign. at least give us new bandaids.

I just wish i could do something with the hundreds of armor sets and buggys from the starter packs. Allowing to refine it to UA is an idea.

I just wish i could do something with the hundreds of armor sets and buggys from the starter packs. Allowing to refine it to UA is an idea.

if you have at least 1 graduated disci..you can throw them in the storage of thule....if not...mayb on one storage on foma/cp or any other place you dont really visit much or store things...

and for the tt value--> i always thought the uses were kept similar or same as the old amount before the change..thats why they also use ammo now (for compensating the lesser tt value)

So....was it rly tested that you only got like 10% of the old uses now ? or does it base on assumption?

sry to ask this..i dont have any starter packs , and noone updated wiki...

Eddie

the 100% efficiency looks cool and all but the decay is so ridiculously low it makes 0 difference, if you really want to up your efficiency with sights any other sight would be better

if you have at least 1 graduated disci..you can throw them in the storage of thule....if not...mayb on one storage on foma/cp or any other place you dont really visit much or store things...

and for the tt value--> i always thought the uses were kept similar or same as the old amount before the change..thats why they also use ammo now (for compensating the lesser tt value)

So....was it rly tested that you only got like 10% of the old uses now ? or does it base on assumption?

sry to ask this..i dont have any starter packs , and noone updated wiki...

Eddie

Yes the ZX R Dod had a TT value before VU of 3 Ped and 14451 uses, decay was 0.020, the ZX R Dod after VU had a value of 0.30 Ped and decay of 0.020, so after the VU total uses are now 1445, a 90% reduction.

Yes the ZX R Dod had a TT value before VU of 3 Ped and 14451 uses, decay was 0.020, the ZX R Dod after VU had a value of 0.30 Ped and decay of 0.020, so after the VU total uses are now 1445, a 90% reduction.

Yes i know about the tt reduction but also the ammo usage is new there for equalling out

And you have tested the total amount of uses ?

Many user do use the Barb and Zink ,i am suprised otherwise i never heard of this new 10% ...

I strongly dissaprove that MA nerf items AFTER people have purchased them. That is NOT OK.

:mad:

Yes i know about the tt reduction but also the ammo usage is new there for equalling out

Many user do use the Barb and Zink ,i am suprised otherwise i never heard of this new 10% ...

The ZX R Dod above is a sight it does not use ammo.

The ZX R Dod above is a sight it does not use ammo.

Originally Posted by glennbuck View Post

Ammo use does not effect the time the Amp lasts, TT value does.

Hello,

I dunno all details of those packs ...but one of the reasons why the tt value is decreased-->is then to make the packs way more cheaper to buy....

and since the also use ammo as compensation of the low tt value (to extend the usages) is that RLY? the case of only 10% total uses compared to old version...i was guessing of atleast 70-80% of total uses now compared to old versions...

Eddie

If the Zink now consumes ammo after the nerf and did not consume ammo before, then one of the following 2 statements has to be false:
A) The Zink has the same decay now as before the nerf
B) The Zink also still has the same efficiency

Which one is wrong?

why not? They do it ALL THE TIME.

(I do agree that it's annoying as hell, but it's not the first time and definitely won't be the last. Mindark enjoys its real crash economy)

How is it ok?

Is there certain items that are exempt from being nerfed?

It really puts me off buying anything of value.

How come they don't fix items that are bugged let's say to have 0 decay?
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?27464-buying-ancient-cempball-welch-1-p-3

Back