Nerfy Nerf, Nerf Nerf Nerf Nerf

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
Maria Mesh
Some other threads got me thinking about nerfs recently... Since I've never seen a list of all the nerfs in one place, I figure why not? Lets play nerfball...

There have been many changes to items in the past, some were good others were not. The current ones (tt to 3% and the ha/cha boost) are ofcourse beneficial for the mid-level players, but there's also the group of ubers who don't benefit from this.

changes to items that spring to mind:

axe 1x0 from 28 to 24 dmg
pre-beta weapons got range removed after you repaired them, later changed to ancient status.
the amplifier got nerfed to half dmg
mobs gained running speed (armax, atrox young etc)
players lost running speed
all old mindforce chips got sib, but ammo changed and eco reduced
clothes and armour 2 pec decay on equip unequip
opalo from 40 to 44? reload
vehicles getting decay on use
bukin's blade reload speed reduced from 86 to 78
ha/cha increase on unlimited non-sib weapons
50% to 3% tt break increase on unlimited sib items
engine power of some vehicles reduced

I'm sure I left out a lot of others. People say it's either adapt or quit. I know a lot of people have quit over some of these changes. But there are also some people who are starting to play again because of some of the later changes.

Not sure when but I think in recent months that 3% minimum decay level dropped to 1%? Anyone got a link for when that happened?

Decay on unequipping armor was removed at some point, but on clothes is still there. (really annoying with lot tt L clothing like what you get in the Thing mission)

http://entropiauniverse.pl/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=681
Ancient items
Old "Pre-Gold" items in existence in the Project Entropia universe at the time of version update has been permanently changed into "Ancient" items, meaning they can be used and repaired and still keep their stats.

Furnishing hallways update
In some house types it were impossible to place furniture in the hallway, this is now rectified.
... more on this down below...

Critical hits
Added the chance of scoring critical hits in Project Entropia. Both avatars and creatures have the ability and it is based on skill levels. Critical hits can result in increased damage or armor penetration (the armor does not absorb any part of the damage received).

The decay of the ZX R Dod has not changed 0.020, all that changed was the TT value being reduced from 3 Ped to 0.30 Ped, changing the total uses from 14551 uses to 1455, lasting around 30 Minutes before needing repair, compared to is old Value of 3 Ped lasting 10 Hours hunting before Repair. To Reduce the TT value of UL items by 90% that cost 1200 Ped for Two platinum starter packs, this is fine it seems for most avatars replying! No other sights offer 100% Efficiency boosting the guns you equip these with, hence the Nerf probably.

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Attachment&id=270

Last edited:
LA

Glorius VU 10 did wonders for the real estate market.
I have been wondering about this since VU 10.

When you buy something you are usually entitled to the item you paid for. If you buy a porche then you expect to get a porche and you don't expect the seller to come to your house after 3 days with a sledgehammer to reshape the roof and remove the wheels.

With VU 10 all of calypso was remade for the new engine, and obviously nobody can expect it to look the same before / after, however:

This was my outback land 25 before the vu:

And this is after:

What I paid for was a flat "perfect" hunting area where you could tag mobs at the end of the radar if you only had a weapon that could shoot far enough. Now it's basically a big hillside with a river cutting it in half making it really unpleasant to hunt in and mostly suited for melee weapons. over 100k was spent on DNA on this mob that now is easier to hunt on eudoria due to these changes.

Many of my other areas suffered a similar faith;

LA 20 ((ex?) longu land):

LA 41 (new switzerland):

I made a point out of buying lands that were flat, close to tp and good for hunting. After vu 10.0 all but one of my LAs was moved further away from TP's, and drastically reshaped. After contacting MA about the issue they actually moved some TPs around to make up for some of it and for that I am grateful, but for instance outback land 29 which was right next to emerald TP is now miles away from anything. New Switzerland which I paid over 500k ped for due to being one of two land areas that had a TP INSIDE it now no longer has any tp in it, and the 3 fairly good hunting areas there are now gone and replaced by a fancy looking road cutting through the entire area. Don't get me wrong, it looks great, but I just don't see it bringing any income. Even mining is tough there since the area is full of hills you can't climb.

Before vu 10 I had no areas with rivers in them, and all areas with exception of LA 41 were really flat and ideal for hunting and therefor paid more than the average land area price to acquire these. Now I have 4 areas that have huge rivers splitting them up and vast mountains in most of them that you cannot even get up on. The bottom line for me is that due to these changes these LAs no longer contains that extra edge I paid greatly for and thus are no longer worth what they were before the vu. The value of the LAs has simply been reduced.

My question is this; To what extent are we entitled to "get what we paid for" in entropia? Can MA change the stats of an imk2 overnight so the eco is that of an opalo? Do we have any consumer rights in Entropia with regards to these things? We are after all talking about considerable amounts of money here.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...55-976-Back!&p=3674136&viewfull=1#post3674136

Most every time a new continent or something is changed or created it screws up some other estate in game...

To be clear from the start, it's no whining post, it's mostly a warning post.

I'd like to bring to LA's owner attention that MA doesn't care much about you people investing thousands of $ in EU. Since the VU 8.12 the 4th June !! (yeah 2 months already), one of my LA, the OLA 32 (magic mushroom land) north of Shinook Jungle TP has been damaged by MA's design engineer lack of proficiency. The shed, the fertilizer station and the land marker are undergrounded and can't allow me to access them neither EU participants coming to my place. For 2 months the LA has been dead ... No fertilizer means no mob to hunt, the shed undergrounded means no access to the 2 shopkeepers and no event creation possible cause the land marker isn't accessible too. You can imagine the damage done to this area. It could happen to yours too !

Of course I brought this matter to MA support that basically said that they sent the case to the design team (yes the same ones who got all my things undergrounded). I'm fed up going after their support with no results so now I prefer to make the case public and hopefully they'll do something.

So remember guys, you may spend 30 000$ buying a piece of virtual land and having it damaged and none profitable because of lame MA.

I hope that the people who used to go to the magic mushroom world will still enjoy it when It hopefully turns back to normal. I'll do my possible to provide them with good mushrooms for fun !

Thanks for your support !

Booths stopped working completely at various times...

It is some time now since VU 10 is introduced.

And so far, shops are online and in use (besides the New Oxford hoot, but that is adresed and worked on).
There was even a contest for shop owners with prizes, keeping the booth owners in the dark.

But nothing for booth owners, besides the moving around of the booth.

My booth is my source of income, so I am pretty much broke now.
Shop owners have there shop running and hangar owners get compensated.

I have patiently waited on VU 10.2 since apartments got reintroduced and silly me thought that would include the booth's too.
Well I was wrong, still no busines.

Since the waranty on my patience is voided and there is no compensation, I will limit my play time drasticly (not much to do with 9 ped) and steer clear from any deposit untill things are fixed.

Don't get me wrong, I am a very patient guy, but as with all humans my patience has a limit too.

Lets hope this get fixed soon.

Kind regards.
Ion

Justin's promised 'upgrade' never came about..
Hi

We are aware of the shopping booth issues and are working on relocating them back to their pre 9.4 positions.

There will also be an upgrade to the booths in the near future ;)

This is just a quick post to let you know that we are working on it and sorry for any frustration caused by this delay.

Justin.

==========
Digging even deeper in history shows similar things happening before vu 10...
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...opkeepers-5k&p=1514504&viewfull=1#post1514504
Found out yesterday Hades Booth owners got FREE shopkeepers on the VU to compensate for the booth bug. Should mean ~20 new shopkeepers in game.

of course, tongue in cheek comments there show that may just be rumor?

Having owned a booth at Vu 10 I got to say this was annoying as hell back then... you had a booth that could not contain any items at all... And this problem went on and off for like 2 years or more... where it'd work for a month or so then stop working 3-4 months, etc. I think when Medusa head came out it screwed up the servers and re-caused some issues on some booths, shops and apartments elsewhere. At the time it seemed like every new continent, planet, etc. added was going to cause bugs somewhere else. I think that still happens today (in part I think because Mindark devs never really figured out how to work with the underlying system that created new content and tied it to the database of existing assets or something?)

Last edited:
banged up cars

different stats on some vehicles and decay rate of each has changed over time.

Lot of complaints about changes to the witches broom in forum over the years.

Last edited:
Personal revive removed.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ival-Terminals&p=169797&viewfull=1#post169797
MindArk wrote,
"We need to inform you about an item in your possession. The management has decided that the personal revival terminals will not again be made operational and therefore we will now buy this item back from you.
You may choose between the sum of 5000 PED OR a Powerful Resurrection Chip. Please respons to this by sending us a support ticket within the next four weeks and let us know which of these two options you prefer."

Dark Hallways

At some point in time item points in Calypso apartment hallways were removed from the hallway and put inside of the main apartments. Makes the hallways boring and dark... (lowers value of the apartment vs other apartments on other planets that still have hallway points imho)

Run Forrest Run!

Once you get past the awful zoom and sickness of first person you will notice that drastic nerf to run speed and increased run speed from Agility/Items. Surprised there isn't a thread yet but felt like making one. I now run slower with my Accel ring than I did with no ring before the VU. Also if Agility isn't going to increase speed then why was I saving the tokens?? People that planned for long time to be in EU this is a slap in the face. Making attributes even more worthless when they are the standard of progression in EU.

Simple fix would be to revert the changes and for MA for once to actually buff Attributes and what they do instead of the constant nerf and stealth nerfs to them.

I don't have the results from all the speed test yesterday perhaps the test can be posted at some point but just find it to be a shame this attribute is now worthless. Running constantly like I am overweight isn't fun.

Edit- I noticed something was off then Akbar who has 126 agility msg me and was doing test with other avatar's and an MA official. To verify the nerfs.

nice that we have speed buffs these days.

old list

an old list with similar theme:
Nerf List:

- Old change to imk2 and Mod Merc and adj m61a1 to reduce their range.
- varrious changes to the skill system. (some nerfs, some enhancments)
- mob increase +to hit change.
- crafting system change - new items such as attachment amps more crappy than old counterparts.
- Running speed reduction
- Faps don't heal full when running
- Radar range limited absurdly

Thanks to Ghandi and The Mighty who contributed several ideas, some of which I don't consider real nerfs.

Yes, I know, it's totally subjective what could be considered a "nerf" and a "change."

For example, I don't consider the new "T" functionality a nerf. It's just a new way of doing T's that puts them more in line with what it was designed for (getting out of being stuck.) Another example is the oil rig. In my subjective opinion, because the overall amount of oil is the same, I don't consider this change a "nerf."

List on!

Pets...

ah the pets...

after they left at vu 10 it took a long time for them to come back... after that they've adjusted a little but not much...

one particular nerf involved the Monria pets. When first introduced they could be spawned on any planet. After a while Monria's owner wanted more folks sticking around so he talked Mindark in to not letting them spawn on other planets than Calypso/Monria until they are level 7.

Subtle adjustments to taming have happened over time as well hinted at in some threads, etc. Feed levels and TT levels of some pets changed, etc. (I know at least one Cyrene pet I fully fed that now has TT value higher than its max because the max food level it eats is now lowered or something, and of course support won't say how this impacts experience levels, etc.)

Biggest pet letdown which you could call a nerf was that the promised integration with compet app was destroyed when Mindark dropped Compets all together and nerfed the compet deeds by allowing you to trade em in for AUDs at a crappy rate that lost you about 80-90% of the initial buy in value of the compet deeds, etc.

----------------------
-----------------------

Last edited:
The Dominax Original Cobra ME used to have 11-22 damage with zero skills. This would basically make it do damage like having level 100 Whipper (DMG) from day one.

When skilling up, you would go beyond the normal weapon max dmg (50%-100%) and get up to 16,5-22 (75%-100%)!

This was nerfed a couple of weeks prior to the taming implementation.

I don't know if this is relevant here, but I hunted Eviscerators yesterday. I completed one of the missions at the end of 2018 and haven't hunted them for a while. I did the mission in adjusted pixie and 6b's but yesterday tht armour set up was not sufficient and I still had to heal using phantom and 6b's, gun setup was the same. So have the robot spiders also been nerfed (maybe doing more damage now)

I don't know if this is relevant here, but I hunted Eviscerators yesterday. I completed one of the missions at the end of 2018 and haven't hunted them for a while. I did the mission in adjusted pixie and 6b's but yesterday tht armour set up was not sufficient and I still had to heal using phantom and 6b's, gun setup was the same. So have the robot spiders also been nerfed (maybe doing more damage now)

I have a memory remnant from looooong ago that mobs would seem to do less damage after you had been doing them for a while - no I don't mean due to evade gain. I mean a matter of a few hours on them. Some vus seemed to reset the mobs, and armour decay or need to fap would increase for a short period. I can imagine on bigger mobs this might even make them undoable in the normal armour you might use until you do some with a better setup.

I would call this a mob hunt memory nerf - I've no idea if it really exists, but consider it maybe.

Is there an opposite verb for nerf, apart from improve? Overall I would say this game has somewhat balanced between nerfed and improved over the years, which isn't really a very high bar imho. Would it help boost MA spirits by listing an improvement for every nerf if we can, and see what we run out of first?

They nerf'ed opalo+amps....lulz

Just what this forum needs - a good dose of negativity.

:nutkick:

Has the bunny speed buff always been in "item" buff category or was it sometime ago in "action" buff category?

I found out today after a long time of leveling my Eudoracell bunny to lvl 21 that I cannot benefit from its buff since i got Perfected Hermes ring (25% max item run speed buff).

Was quite disappointing to be honest.

The biggest nerf to team hunting was missions :laugh:

Has the bunny speed buff always been in "item" buff category or was it sometime ago in "action" buff category?

I found out today after a long time of leveling my Eudoracell bunny to lvl 21 that I cannot benefit from its buff since i got Perfected Hermes ring (25% max item run speed buff).

Was quite disappointing to be honest.
I think it always was in Item buff but thought it should not of been myself, only other option is have Athenic ring Evade and Dodge and remove the speed ring.

I do regular 100 ped runs on vixens for couple of weeks now and my Barbarella always deteriorated to 0,1 ped TT from 1 PED TT after full run.

Now I had to repair it after I burned 90ped ammo. Strange!

Refurbished Heart doesn't return shrapnel in Loot 2.0 like other faps do...

This is extremely sad given the mission chain you have to complete to get it at the max...

On more positive note there have been a few changes in Cyrene that offset that imbalance a little (not much, but a little)... At my request Cyrene had Maze hammer weight was reduced, added the Duster Hazing Station Tp, got the mazeweaver boss looting again, and brought back the ability to tame arrets... still not a full offset but we are inching there incrementally... maybe if enough folks flood cyrene's forums and support system with requests for compensation for the heart's lack of loot return we'll get somewhere...

Last edited:
Back