Info: Sweaters United 1ped per k NO GOOD

There should be an option to refine sweat into either blood or tears.
Seems to always be a demand for those two substances in the game.

buying sweat for 2.5 ped at boxes (loggs off immediately) - that used to make me laugh even when i was the nub sweater trying to find the high price buyer that posted in local chat :)

go find some old rags you can sell then for more than you get ina month sweating lol

we were once able to pick up stones that went for 10pec each or more and you could find 150+ at a time!! Burkite made my day many times. Rutol for what was it 1 ped each? i think it was but i could be wrong.

I wonder how much price will fall till ppl stop sweating. Will they still sweat for bottles TT? It's free pec per k after all :yay:

In all honestly, I've seen the decline over the years while skills building up on those that stand in the circle during those years.

Yes MA chose to remove the cap, instead of lifting it. Yes MA chose to increase stones, fruit and dung spawns, to a point where we can claim they are close to no value.
Yes MA chose to use said features, to learn people the basics of trading, not to make them rich in game.

As I have rarely sweated much myself, but tend to have always bought sweat at market fair prices, the current price seems to be just that, as there is no limit to sweating, nor stones/fruit/dung.

To change the value, there has to be either a cap reintroduced, or utilization has to grow further ( or less sweaters), but this will all fit to a long term, as currently myself and several others hold vast volumes of sweat in their storage.

PlanetPartners might be able to help out in this, but similar to MA, they see it as a basic lesson mechanism, not a money machine. Similar to the small oilrig which drops small amount of oil, free to trade and or use, to earn a few pec. ( Lets not discuss the bigger rig, which is often just used as a money giver to a select few)

IMO I would mind the increase in usage of sweat, but that is just simply because I would love the inflow of new people that could be attracted to the game, but please do implement a higher level of security vs bots and alts, as those who have been in game long enough won't like to see the massive inflow of bots ( or players all from a few specific regions, who can live on the 50ct an hour).

Arkadia requires sweat as the cost of acquiring a passport.

That gives an idea for uses of sweat - cost of passports, visas. licenses to hunt & mine.

Maybe even to pay fines; that could be imposed on "bad" people like pirates, PvPers, and other sorts of douchbaggery carried out by players.

Increasing the sweat price will have relatively negative implications too

• More people will sweat, bringing more supply and the price will go down again
  • More sweat botters
  • Less deposit for MA since people can now sustain themselves with just a small depo and sweating

Maybe even to pay fines; that could be imposed on "bad" people like pirates, PvPers, and other sorts of douchbaggery carried out by players.

I dislike pirates as much as the next person, but as PvP is part of the game in space and in PvP zones, that is a nonsense idea to impose fines on players for doing what they are allowed to do. Don't want to get killed by a PKer then stay out of PvP.

I dislike pirates as much as the next person, but as PvP is part of the game in space and in PvP zones, that is a nonsense idea to impose fines on players for doing what they are allowed to do. Don't want to get killed by a PKer then stay out of PvP.

But if MA would introduce the fees, they would be a part of the game too :cool:

Fines are not necessary but city turrets should definitely act on karma, it doesn't make sense to be an outlaw and walk freely in the civilized areas.

But if MA would introduce the fees, they would be a part of the game too :cool:

By that reasoning they can add fees to everything from going AFK to using the storage terminal. To your point, it'd just be part of the game after all regardless of how arbitrary it may be.

Anyways, we're getting off topic now.

I did not mean it to be considered as a fine, but as a licence - you know a "Licence to Kill" like 007 style.

Those people who like doing that sort of activity , well they would acquire a license to do so thereby benefiting everybody. Same with pirates, they would pay an amount of sweat to obtain Letters of Macque - they would then even gain some legitimacy :)

I did not mean it to be considered as a fine, but as a licence - you know a "Licence to Kill" like 007 style.

Those people who like doing that sort of activity , well they would acquire a license to do so thereby benefiting everybody. Same with pirates, they would pay an amount of sweat to obtain Letters of Macque - they would then even gain some legitimacy :)

A solid set of balls is enough to do the job.

More like an extension of the anti toxic shot Bruce. Like every time someone enters an PvP area (lootable or non lootable) there is a licence (or ticket or pass) required to be purchased, price being in sweat.

This thread was started concerning problems with the oversupply of sweat - I was just thinking of ways to increase the demand for that substance to attempt to balance things.

There are other things that sweat could be for - gosh even price of using teleporters. I know that last time that was suggested so many people went into psychic shock & predicted the game would go into meltdown. But sweat, everybody has it & a price of 10 bottles a time - who would find that an onerous cost?

And lastly - "grow some balls" as enough to do the job. ROFL

may I quote Betty White here :)

“Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding.”
― Betty White

This thread was started concerning problems with the oversupply of sweat - I was just thinking of ways to increase the demand for that substance to attempt to balance things.

When a company has too much of something, they typically cut production down until their current inventories have declined to a point of balancing with the demand. I think that may a good start as many players have millions in storage which is why the price has absolutely tanked from what it used to be. Sweaters won't like that but it's not like they are making bank sweating at this point anyways.

I don't like the idea of arbitrary "fees" paid in sweat for normal things I've been doing since PE. What happens when the sweat inventories decline to a point that is no longer sustainable? Go back to the way it was before and rinse and repeat? More usage of sweat in crafting seems a more reasonable thing to me. I'd love to be wrong here, but MA creating new content for sweat usage doesn't seem that likely as it doesn't add much to their bottom line even though it may help new player retention.

When a company has too much of something, they typically cut production down.

Good idea. Mindark please remove all sweat from creatures til 5 more years passes or all Ark moon deeds sell out whichever is last

Good idea. Mindark please remove all sweat from creatures til 5 more years passes or all Ark moon deeds sell out whichever is last

We'd never see sweat from creatures again :sweat:

I never really gave this much thought till I found this thread & now have thought about it a bit.

Bruce you are missing the point in that the players producing the sweat are not really the ones using the product. And often the players producing the sweat may not have millions of the stuff stored away.

They tend to be new players who have limited options (other than doing what MA wants, that is depositing funds)
Also, people may sweat for other reasons - an activity that has a social aspect and even a low intensity method of getting skills when starting out.

You may not like the idea of paying for stuff that you got into the habit of getting for free, but there are other players who would appreciate a demand existing for what they produce - maybe enough eventually for them to buy some ammo to hunt puny creatures & do missions a bit earlier.

You may not like the idea of paying for stuff that you got into the habit of getting for free, but there are other players who would appreciate a demand existing for what they produce - maybe enough eventually for them to buy some ammo to hunt puny creatures & do missions a bit earlier.

I don't think it's depositors concern to please sweaters just because 'there are other players who would appreciate a demand existing for sweat they produce'. On side note it's plain impossible because depositor are outnumbered by ppl wanting to play for free - not to mention depositors can switch sides and start sweating if sweat would became useful again.

I don't think MA has to do anything to balance things out. There is some 'screw it' sweat price that will encourage enough ppl to stop sweating to balance supply - we just didn't reach that price yet. I expect that price to be below 0.5/k.

What I ask my non-depositing disciples to do is to go to ark and swunt caraboks. To get 1k sweat you have to dry 100 caraboks 10HP each. That's 1000HP you have to kill, at 2.5dpp it's 4ped cost, pessimistic 90% TT return means you need to balance 40pec loss with 1k sweat you got to break even (assuming you tt stuff which you shouldn't). So yea, I think there is plenty of room for price to fall to support free punies hunting. It's worth doing even at 0.4/k sweat price so I don't see supply dropping anytime soon.

Those non depositing noobs, leaching on all decent depositors :(

Aah things were so different back in 2007, those Good Old Days (maybe when sweat did have a value and noobs then could sell the stuff).

Yes there is a present problem with SUPPLY but I was suggesting a way of increasing DEMAND

And for what its worth I also don't care if MA does anything or not I am cool, but maybe there are those worse off than me who may benefit from some scraps thrown their way

I don't think it's depositors concern to please sweaters just because 'there are other players who would appreciate a demand existing for sweat they produce'. On side note it's plain impossible because depositor are outnumbered by ppl wanting to play for free - not to mention depositors can switch sides and start sweating if sweat would became useful again.

I don't think MA has to do anything to balance things out. There is some 'screw it' sweat price that will encourage enough ppl to stop sweating to balance supply - we just didn't reach that price yet. I expect that price to be below 0.5/k.

What I ask my non-depositing disciples to do is to go to ark and swunt caraboks. To get 1k sweat you have to dry 100 caraboks 10HP each. That's 1000HP you have to kill, at 2.5dpp it's 4ped cost, pessimistic 90% TT return means you need to balance 40pec loss with 1k sweat you got to break even (assuming you tt stuff which you shouldn't). So yea, I think there is plenty of room for price to fall to support free punies hunting. It's worth doing even at 0.4/k sweat price so I don't see supply dropping anytime soon.

This makes perfect sense.

Also, why should sweating make money, and hunting mobs cost money?

Both are a grinding activities.
Both give skills.
Both costs MA server capacity

As Daimon perfectly explained, sweating can help newbs getting familiar with the game without any significant cost.
Perfect.
But to make it a well paid job? I don't see why.

Its simple

As the player base decrease's and all the players that are over paying on items fall back on sweating but the issue is sweat is used to make Mind Essence.

So if you don't have a full server using mindforce then you end up in this situation.

There is no way to fix it now.

Unless you find a way to bring the numbers back to EU.

The End

P.S. The real value of items are what the TT value is in the end when the servers crash and MA must pay out everyone thats left. IMO the thread title should be people who got scammed by resellers unite.

Last edited:
Don't be so pessimistic THC.
Plenty of ways to fix things still - increasing the demand for sweat is just one example I can think of :)

And there are different ways players can run scams in this game - but resellers are not included (unless somehow they can manipulate the market).

I know it can sting when you find that a reseller has sold you an item at an inflated price, or bought something off you at a deflated one. But really who's fault is that? Take it as the cost of learning a valuable lesson - I know it has happened to me, It has just made me determined I wont make a mistake like that again.

And as a matter of interest wizz, what was the historical cost of sweat about 10 years or so ago?

I can be perfectly sure that it would have attracted a price a fair bit higher that it does now. Did you ever sell any sweat at that perfectly higher price when you started out?

Did I make that point perfectly?

Plenty of ways to fix things still - increasing the demand for sweat is just one example I can think of :)

And there are different ways players can run scams in this game - but resellers are not included (unless somehow they can manipulate the market).

I know it can sting when you find that a reseller has sold you an item at an inflated price, or bought something off you at a deflated one. But really who's fault is that? Take it as the cost of learning a valuable lesson - I know it has happened to me, It has just made me determined I wont make a mistake like that again.

And as a matter of interest wizz, what was the historical cost of sweat about 10 years or so ago?

I can be perfectly sure that it would have attracted a price a fair bit higher that it does now. Did you ever sell any sweat at that perfectly higher price when you started out?

Used to go for 5 PED - 10 PED per 1k sign of the times.

Here, a post from 2005:

Hi Carnage,

I buy sweat in significant quantities and this post of mine is just a note/observation regarding your offer.

220 ped for 10k means 2.2 pec/unit
nexus usually goes for ~120% which means 1.2 pec/unit
thus the cost of a ME unit would be 3.4 pec aka 340%
I even encountered MF users (not resellers) that refuse to pay more than 320% for ME... so you do the math..

I, myself, buy large quantities of sweat each week but usually within the price range of 1.8-1.9 pec. I am willing to buy at those prices, so you can consider this my offer :)

If 2.2 is the last price then I bid you good luck :)

I remember skilling mindforce in the time before synthetic Mind Essence.
ME was priced at around 4pec (Making it about 4 times as expensive to use than normal ammo)

But that in turn was compensated by the extremely high value of the skills.
I remember selling a 10 ped skill implant for 2500 ped!!
(I forgot how the skill was named back then though)

So, sweat dropped from around 20 ped/k to 1 ped/k

Last edited:
Here, a post from 2005:

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzi View Post
Hi Carnage,

I buy sweat in significant quantities and this post of mine is just a note/observation regarding your offer.

220 ped for 10k means 2.2 pec/unit
nexus usually goes for ~120% which means 1.2 pec/unit
thus the cost of a ME unit would be 3.4 pec aka 340%
I even encountered MF users (not resellers) that refuse to pay more than 320% for ME... so you do the math..

I, myself, buy large quantities of sweat each week but usually within the price range of 1.8-1.9 pec. I am willing to buy at those prices, so you can consider this my offer

If 2.2 is the last price then I bid you good luck

I remember skilling mindforce in the time before synthetic Mind Essence.
ME was priced at around 4ped/k (Making it about 4 times as expensive to use than normal ammo)

But that in turn was compensated by the extremely high value of the skills.
I remember selling a 10 ped skill implant for 2500 ped!!
(I forgot how the skill was named back then though)

ME was priced at around 4ped/k

So, sweat dropped from around 20 ped/k to 1 ped/k

Do people really not know how to read any more in your reply to the old post you quoted it clearly states 4PED per 1k not 20

And I was there from the start it used to be 5-10PED per 1k Sweat depending on seller and the demand per day.

Sign of the times.

Server population went from around 2-3k Active users down to maybe 300-600. On average

Last edited:
Do people really not know how to read any more in your reply to the old post you quoted it clearly states 4PED per 1k not 20

And I was there from the start it used to be 5-10PED per 1k Sweat depending on seller and the demand per day.

Sign of the times.

Server population went from around 2-3k Active users down to maybe 300-600. On average
Vehicles didn't exist back then. Remove vehicles, t.p.s and merge all planets in to one and price will go back up...

If you make the changes you want all the people who invested heavy and must keep things the way they are currently so that the items they have dont devalue or they will just quit and the servers will crash instantly.

So before you go asking MA to make all the changes you want you need to go build your own game and test your ideas first in a non cash economy.

You must not been around for the space expansion and the loot 2.0 updates.

Trust me it killed everything.

MA is learning though I see it by giving us 1 year to deal with new changes. Not over night changes.

P.S. Staying on topic is very important if you want to deal with issues in a real manner.

The thread is about sweat prices not staying optimistic vs pessimistic ideology.

Vehicles didn't exist back then. Remove vehicles, t.p.s and merge all planets in to one and price will go back up...

Sweat prices people not ideas that will just ruin the game even more let MA decide how it should be they have been here for 15 years doing this. They are still here.

Please stay on topic of what sweat price should be and not hijack the post ty.

Sign of the times.

sorry, I made a mistake. So if you want to correct me, do it right, ok?

ME costed 4 pec per unit.
That means 4 ped per 100 and not per 1k.

Sweat used to be 2 pec per bottle. so 20 ped per 1k.

*edit*
Memory is failing here, but didnt they adjust the sweat rate after they changed the numbers?

You can pay 4 PED per 100 if you want.

I will never pay that much

My max 10 years ago was 5 PED per 1k Units Of Sweat.

The ME cost has nothing to do with it.

Stop trying to make a simple conversation complex.

Just admit you where wrong and uninformed.

Thank You

Back