Info: Sweaters United 1ped per k NO GOOD

Tomwick

Young
Hey guys and fellow sweater's, this has been driving me crazy since i started playing the price of sweat..... 1 ped per 1000 is no good at all i mean this stuff holds value for anyone who wants to lvl or in need of mind essence and other side missions, i would plead with most people to stack and HODLL!!! xD there sweat right now and slowly but surely we drive the price up,

The price for sweat has gone down so much over the years due to impatient people and new players trying to get a hold of a few peds now i would argue even for a new player to sell 5k sweat for 5 ped is not going to get you very far.. if you would be patient i NOW its hard work and time consuming but if you could double your stack and same time not rush sell just for money appreciative the skills you get as well as the peds after wards you could get 10-20ped and then go on a small mining run or hunt

also the reason im posting this post is after reading this post https://www.calypsocompanion.com/post/the-value-of-sweat-doomed i have not asked intermission to post as i do not know the author but i praise him for writing this and think everyone should read

subscribing.....curious in which direction this will go

Ahh, I'd been wondering how come it's a whole half a year without another sweat union :yup:

ye lol...what a "new" idea eh? heard this like +10 times during the years..thats why i like to look on how its this time...

and yes..sweat price should be a bit higher...like 1.3 or something....lets see

I don't know why people still sweat. The price will never go up because there are billions of it sitting in storage. Your efforts would be much better spent finding one of the hundreds of better ways to make money.

It is quite possibly the slowest and most agonizingly tedious way to make money in the known universe. Why would anyone care about this?

There is too much sweat in game, I could gather 10 million sweat from players in under 24 hours if need be. That can supply the whole game for years.

Just stop sweating, do something more productive

If it's too low start buying it yourself at 5 times that price using your own deposits.

I'm pretty sure that every decent mentor has more sweat in storage than he could use in a lifetime, just doesn't bother to get rid of it. That's literally billions of bottles that would end up on the market on any significant price spike, shoving the price even lower.

I don't know why people still sweat. The price will never go up because there are billions of it sitting in storage. Your efforts would be much better spent finding one of the hundreds of better ways to make money.

I agree 100%. It's taken years to get to 1ped/K and would take just as long to rise back to 5 peds - if it ever could. They have even added it as a crafting ingredient to a lot of BPs and that didn't make a difference.
At this point it's not even worth the price you pay for electricity to run your PC. I hate so say that and don't want to just say give up, but that's pretty much the truth.

I would only sweat - and would highly recommend it for all new players as a means to gather skills and learn more about the game while not spending money. Some people enjoy it and bless them, but doing it for peds =RIP

There is more sweat gathered a 1 day by sweaters than what is used by players in game over weeks or maybe even months.
I have over 5 million sitting in storage that I have bought over the years to Svarog’s point.

The supply is much higher than the demand.

MA need to make sweating great again!:sweat: :acid:

10ped per K or nothing!

There's no way to win this. Eventually it will go down to 0.50 ped /k and guess what people will still try to sell at 0.40 ped per 1000 bottles, just to get some faster pecs.

If MA ever gave damn about the free loaders, they could make a daily sweat mission. Every day they can trade in 10k sweat for 10 ped of universal ammo. Repeatable every 24h.

Ideally, it should be possible to convert sweat at 1000 bottles for 1 ped of universal ammo. This would allow a massive amount of the oversupply to be spent, and sweat price can go up a bit again.

The risk though, alts could be a problem, but MA should have logs and be able to hunt them down.

I think it could be good for the game (improving new player retention and potential new depositors in the future). Speaking from my own experience, I played for 5 years as a non depositor when I started in 2006, and I've become a depositor since then!

The majority of all sweaters even if they could convert their sweat to universal ammo, they'd still one day either quit or deposit because of boredom, once they realize that they can't fund their gameplay with just sweat, when doing activities such as hunting mobs higher than punies for long.

There's no way to win this. Eventually it will go down to 0.50 ped /k and guess what people will still try to sell at 0.40 ped per 1000 bottles, just to get some faster pecs.

If MA ever gave damn about the free loaders, they could make a daily sweat mission. Every day they can trade in 10k sweat for 10 ped of universal ammo. Repeatable every 24h.

Ideally, it should be possible to convert sweat at 1000 bottles for 1 ped of universal ammo. This would allow a massive amount of the oversupply to be spent, and sweat price can go up a bit again.

The risk though, alts could be a problem, but MA should have logs and be able to hunt them down.

I think it could be good for the game (improving new player retention and potential new depositors in the future). Speaking from my own experience, I played for 5 years as a non depositor when I started in 2006, and I've become a depositor since then!

The majority of all sweaters even if they could convert their sweat to universal ammo, they'd still one day either quit or deposit because of boredom, once they realize that they can't fund their gameplay with just sweat, when doing activities such as hunting mobs higher than punies for long.

sry but one of the worst ideas i ever heard.....you turn the gazillions of sweat ( atm a tt value of near 0 ) over night into a real value of several 100 k ped ammo (after hunt its a few % lesser in ped)

Can you please have ideas which dont involve ma to spend money ??? --> bec that would also then be worse for all players....

only one solution atm-->less sweaters..bring them to depo ....then the market could stabilize in some months/ a yr... (this point was only theoretically)

I'm the guy who wrote the Article

Glad you found our website. I am the site owner and also the author of said article.

In-short, without a huge group effort across the board, you won't have much of a chance at stopping the value drop.

That said, as the article states, there are things Sweaters can do to regain some control.

Feel free to join our Forums and site in general to discuss more as I only found this from someone sending me the link.

https://www.calypsocompanion.com

Reactions: THC
It's supply and demand and you can't stop it. No matter how many people you get in a union to try to fix a price there will always be someone willing to undercut you.

Ideally, it should be possible to convert sweat at 1000 bottles for 1 ped of universal ammo.

There is a daily sweat mission on Cyrene for a token. The only value in the token is MU, so it doesn't cost MA.
A daily like that on Calypso would be nice too.

Yeah especially with the new free money mission on the ark moon. All you got to do is the same mission you do for the free ptech outfit and adventures backpack.

I would go so far as to say people would even give you free rides out there. Ark Moon is cool. Maybe a little dangerous for nubes, but really what kind of person BUYS an adventurers backpack, anyway?

PS that guy is asking 450 now for the set. It's free FFS I'd bet he won't tell you that. Or you can just sell your 280,000 bottles of sweat to that evil seller on calytrade for the backpack, LOL.

Ahhh the sweat price

It takes a special kind of crazy to enjoy sweating , but yeah that's me.

This thread itself is a surrender to lower sweat prices.

I haven't sold for less than 2p/k ever and still sell a decent amount yearly.

It depends on your determination and playing the game well.

Listen in chat , contact person looking to buy sweat , give your price.

That is my entire strategy which I would say has been quite successful.

selling sweat 1k @ 10 ped ... while supplies last

It takes a special kind of crazy to enjoy sweating , but yeah that's me.
[/B]

You are right.Its mental illness.No sane person would do that.
But if that's what the doctor prescribed you, all good.

You are right.Its mental illness.No sane person would do that.
But if that's what the doctor prescribed you, all good.

Observing your signature , I would say its safe to say there is a bit of obsession there as well.

Whatever floats said boats.

messi.jpg

Physician! Heal thyself!

Sweat was 3 pec a bottle when I started, if you want refference. I disliked when MA removed the sweat cap and I still think it was wrong. It meant a couple of weeks of effort, make some 100-200 peds, get you started, but then the option was not available anymore. I think it was alot more useful from all points of view.

But then, these days I see fruits and stones popping up alot more often than last year, I would guestimate 5x more. So their intentions are completely the opposite of the threadstarter, to make all free activities redundant.

Which would be a problem, because free to play is a core concept of Entropia, on par with RCE.

The opposite, the perpetual sweater, is something I can't agree with and I don't get its conceptual legitimacy as a mechanism.

Sweat was 3 pec a bottle when I started, if you want refference. I disliked when MA removed the sweat cap and I still think it was wrong. It meant a couple of weeks of effort, make some 100-200 peds, get you started, but then the option was not available anymore. I think it was alot more useful from all points of view.

But then, these days I see fruits and stones popping up alot more often than last year, I would guestimate 5x more. So their intentions are completely the opposite of the threadstarter, to make all free activities redundant.

Which would be a problem, because free to play is a core concept of Entropia, on par with RCE.

The opposite, the perpetual sweater, is something I can't agree with and I don't get its conceptual legitimacy as a mechanism.

Sweating is a part of my game as well as many others. I do not sweat to fund my play, and would play regardless if I ever sold sweat or not.

The act of sweating is a communal endeavor , as well as satisfies the solo grinding that many prefer.

Sweat circles offer new players advice with the opportunity to network and build needed relationships.

The price of sweat is irrelevant , acquiring the sweat and navigating the selling , refining , auctioning and all the other steps needed to gain a flow of peds are what make the process of sweating important.

Someone who gets it is BIG industries , they support sweaters for business reasons , quite successfully from the looks of it.

There will always be those that don't enjoy the act of sweating , but these circles also offer a great deal of mentoring.

I would challenge anyone looking to help the game to hire this pool of players , to heal , wrangle mobs or simply buy 1k sweat at 2p/k .

At any time of the day you will find people healing , killing the dry mobs and giving buffs to the sweat circle. It doesn't have to be hours of support , just a few heals given can make a difference to a new player and the act of paying forward is contagious.

I still wait messi get lvl200 sweather and win LG solo ;););););):laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Back