Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Gaina "Messi91" Cristi
    Society
    House of Gamers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranavolana View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I did not mean it to be considered as a fine, but as a licence - you know a "Licence to Kill" like 007 style.

Those people who like doing that sort of activity , well they would acquire a license to do so thereby benefiting everybody. Same with pirates, they would pay an amount of sweat to obtain Letters of Macque - they would then even gain some legitimacy
    A solid set of balls is enough to do the job.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Bruce NickName Leeroy
    Society
    Soldiers of Redemption
    Images
    I did not mean it to be considered as a fine, but as a licence - you know a "Licence to Kill" like 007 style.
    You mean like this?

Quote Originally Posted by messi91 View Post
    A solid set of balls is enough to do the job.
    There is also that.

Louise Ranavolana Brooks
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    More like an extension of the anti toxic shot Bruce. Like every time someone enters an PvP area (lootable or non lootable) there is a licence (or ticket or pass) required to be purchased, price being in sweat.

This thread was started concerning problems with the oversupply of sweat - I was just thinking of ways to increase the demand for that substance to attempt to balance things.

There are other things that sweat could be for - gosh even price of using teleporters. I know that last time that was suggested so many people went into psychic shock & predicted the game would go into meltdown. But sweat, everybody has it & a price of 10 bottles a time - who would find that an onerous cost?

And lastly - "grow some balls" as enough to do the job. ROFL

may I quote Betty White here

“Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding.”
    ― Betty White

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Bruce NickName Leeroy
    Society
    Soldiers of Redemption
    Images
    This thread was started concerning problems with the oversupply of sweat - I was just thinking of ways to increase the demand for that substance to attempt to balance things.
    When a company has too much of something, they typically cut production down until their current inventories have declined to a point of balancing with the demand. I think that may a good start as many players have millions in storage which is why the price has absolutely tanked from what it used to be. Sweaters won't like that but it's not like they are making bank sweating at this point anyways.

I don't like the idea of arbitrary "fees" paid in sweat for normal things I've been doing since PE. What happens when the sweat inventories decline to a point that is no longer sustainable? Go back to the way it was before and rinse and repeat? More usage of sweat in crafting seems a more reasonable thing to me. I'd love to be wrong here, but MA creating new content for sweat usage doesn't seem that likely as it doesn't add much to their bottom line even though it may help new player retention.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Leeroy View Post
    When a company has too much of something, they typically cut production down.
    Good idea. Mindark please remove all sweat from creatures til 5 more years passes or all Ark moon deeds sell out whichever is last

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Bruce NickName Leeroy
    Society
    Soldiers of Redemption
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    Good idea. Mindark please remove all sweat from creatures til 5 more years passes or all Ark moon deeds sell out whichever is last
    We'd never see sweat from creatures again

Louise Ranavolana Brooks
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    I never really gave this much thought till I found this thread & now have thought about it a bit.

Bruce you are missing the point in that the players producing the sweat are not really the ones using the product. And often the players producing the sweat may not have millions of the stuff stored away.

They tend to be new players who have limited options (other than doing what MA wants, that is depositing funds)
    Also, people may sweat for other reasons - an activity that has a social aspect and even a low intensity method of getting skills when starting out.

You may not like the idea of paying for stuff that you got into the habit of getting for free, but there are other players who would appreciate a demand existing for what they produce - maybe enough eventually for them to buy some ammo to hunt puny creatures & do missions a bit earlier.

You may not like the idea of paying for stuff that you got into the habit of getting for free, but there are other players who would appreciate a demand existing for what they produce - maybe enough eventually for them to buy some ammo to hunt puny creatures & do missions a bit earlier.
    I don't think it's depositors concern to please sweaters just because 'there are other players who would appreciate a demand existing for sweat they produce'. On side note it's plain impossible because depositor are outnumbered by ppl wanting to play for free - not to mention depositors can switch sides and start sweating if sweat would became useful again.

I don't think MA has to do anything to balance things out. There is some 'screw it' sweat price that will encourage enough ppl to stop sweating to balance supply - we just didn't reach that price yet. I expect that price to be below 0.5/k.

What I ask my non-depositing disciples to do is to go to ark and swunt caraboks. To get 1k sweat you have to dry 100 caraboks 10HP each. That's 1000HP you have to kill, at 2.5dpp it's 4ped cost, pessimistic 90% TT return means you need to balance 40pec loss with 1k sweat you got to break even (assuming you tt stuff which you shouldn't). So yea, I think there is plenty of room for price to fall to support free punies hunting. It's worth doing even at 0.4/k sweat price so I don't see supply dropping anytime soon.

Louise Ranavolana Brooks
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Those non depositing noobs, leaching on all decent depositors

Aah things were so different back in 2007, those Good Old Days (maybe when sweat did have a value and noobs then could sell the stuff).

Yes there is a present problem with SUPPLY but I was suggesting a way of increasing DEMAND

And for what its worth I also don't care if MA does anything or not I am cool, but maybe there are those worse off than me who may benefit from some scraps thrown their way

Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Daimon Frey View Post
    I don't think it's depositors concern to please sweaters just because 'there are other players who would appreciate a demand existing for sweat they produce'. On side note it's plain impossible because depositor are outnumbered by ppl wanting to play for free - not to mention depositors can switch sides and start sweating if sweat would became useful again.

I don't think MA has to do anything to balance things out. There is some 'screw it' sweat price that will encourage enough ppl to stop sweating to balance supply - we just didn't reach that price yet. I expect that price to be below 0.5/k.

What I ask my non-depositing disciples to do is to go to ark and swunt caraboks. To get 1k sweat you have to dry 100 caraboks 10HP each. That's 1000HP you have to kill, at 2.5dpp it's 4ped cost, pessimistic 90% TT return means you need to balance 40pec loss with 1k sweat you got to break even (assuming you tt stuff which you shouldn't). So yea, I think there is plenty of room for price to fall to support free punies hunting. It's worth doing even at 0.4/k sweat price so I don't see supply dropping anytime soon.
    This makes perfect sense.

Also, why should sweating make money, and hunting mobs cost money?

Both are a grinding activities.
    Both give skills.
    Both costs MA server capacity

As Daimon perfectly explained, sweating can help newbs getting familiar with the game without any significant cost.
    Perfect.
    But to make it a well paid job? I don't see why.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast