Suggestion: New uses of Transgen Fruit - Needed Badly

Bilko99

Old
Ernest Bilko Sgt
Sent as support case to MA.

Greetings,
Please can you pass this on to the development team.

In order to keep Plots & Harvesting alive, we badly need New uses for the Transgen Fruit. So far their have only been 4x BP's that use these (1x for each fruit). These were prior to Loot 2.0 upgrade and now no longer drop at all.

Whilst we are waiting for the Factory & Utility sections to be released to keep interest alive in completing harvests & gaining XP, we NEED more uses for the fruit.

A suggestion for this, that hopefully is relatively a small amount of coding time, is to extend ArMatrix range to include Mindforce chips.

The common components could be kept the same as the existing Laser, Blp, and Melee parts of the range. Thus slightly increasing the 'demand' and MU for these components.

The refined Transgen Fruit could then be use to replace the Metal & Enmatter elements in the other BP's. These could be modified by either type combination or qty required for crafting higher level Chip's.

This would re-energise the demand for fruit, ingredients for the harvest, and the enmat's needed to refine the fruit, so really its an all round Win. Plus it would also give players XP in Plot management, so that when the next wave of Building/Plot upgrades is released then players will have at least some XP. Making requirements needed to get to next level of upgrade, achievable (with a bit of work), rather than a Mountain to climb.

As you will able to see from my account, I have been an big supporter of the Plots project. I thought given the amount of effort put into it, that Plots & gathering etc was going to be a Major story line for Caly & rolled out across the Universe. To keep that alive we need more BP's for the Fruit, so hope that you will give this suggestion serious consideration.

Of course, if you do go for the suggestion, a few discovery Hof's would be nice, lol. For coming up with the idea, lol.

I look forward to hearing from you if this is a possible suggestion.

Regards, Bilko

And don't forget, Unprocessed Water, they should introduce a use for that as well.

Unprocessed Water

I suspect there will be a use for the Unprocessed Water, when the Factory & Utility buildings are finally released.

Reactions: Arm
Sadly, 1 and a half years later we are still here with storage and apartment full of Transgen Fruits that have no commercial value or utility in the game :(

Anyway thanks Bilko for posting this, it was a nice effort.

Legends

Reactions: Arm
Talk to monrias new owner. The new furniture bps use harvested stuff. Would make sense for advanced furniture bp to use garden fruit.

Also talk to cyrene devs since they respond to community fairly well too

MA giving a buff BP that uses garden products to make buffs and such would be appropriate...

Talk to monrias new owner. The new furniture bps use harvested stuff. Would make sense for advanced furniture bp to use garden fruit.

I think you mean Toulan not Monria. Monria is still owned by Ant, Toulan is the one that has a new owner.

Last edited:
I think you mean Toulan not Monria. Monria is still owned by Ant, Toulan is the one that has a new owner.
Nope. Monria and Toulan may have Ant to help out the community and DME/MS9, but Cyrene actually makes changes based on forum discussions and at a far faster rate, at least they did for me personally.... (even if some of it doesn't work out initially as promised and has to t be revised a while later)

:)

More Cyrene update promises...

Vlad will start looting stuff again (as originally promised in March 2018 vu - currently as of 10/12/2018 he doesn't loot anything at all... he simply dies if you kill him and mission to kill him completes):

http://cyreneforum.com/threads/planet-cyrene-vu-notes-march-27th-2018.7825/

http://www.cyreneforum.com/threads/vlad-the-untraveler.7882/#post-28280

----------------

False advertising about price of campfire will be fixed (guess it's 500 and not 50 tokens as advertised when you click on the campfire and the little text thing comes up that says you can buy it for only 50? Hope they make it only 50... since false advertising is not a good thing):
http://www.cyreneforum.com/threads/50-vs-500-tokens-for-fireplace.7911/#post-28278

campfire.jpg

broker-false_advertising_828520.jpg

Lighter maze hammers are coming soon!

https://cyreneforum.com/threads/ricardos-buyback-program.8129/#post-29284

The lowering of the weight did help a LOT with issues of avatar slowing down as stacks build up, etc. Also the buyback npc now works! :)

(and yes I am aware of the recent fiasco with npcs going on Cyrene at the moment, but it'll all get sorted out soon I'm sure... just as the vlad issue listed above took a while to sort out as intended by the Planet Partner)

Last edited:
Mastermesh, you said: "Talk to Monria's new owner."

Monria does not have a new owner, it is still owned by Ant (his company), I think you meant to say "Talk to Toulan's new owner" ... At least that would make more sense.

Anyway, not important.

I found a nanobot BP im my messy storage but it was for only like 3% skillgain...anyhow...in some sort of crafted skillpill would make sense to use garden fruits or stuff

MA giving a buff BP that uses garden products to make buffs and such would be appropriate...

Everyone seems to agree it would make a whole lot of sense for these fruits to be used for making some kind of consumable buff item. Some other things I thought of:

- New types of pet food
- New types of vehicle fuel
- New types of Ammo for Rocket/Grenade launchers
- New textures or colors for customizable items such as clothes and furniture

However we need to keep in mind that as it is, these fruits can currently be refined into enhanced types of EnMatters as follows:

Transgen Bombardo makes ==> Bombardo Flakes using Angelic Flakes
Transgen Caroot makes ==> Caroot Lubricant using Garcen
Transgen Haimoros makes ==> Haimoros Gel using Alicenies Gel
Transgen Papplon makes ==> Papplon Spray using Magerian Spray

I can't think of any reasons why these couldn't be used in some blueprint recipes or upgrade for desirable items, for example:

Magerian Spray is currently used in BPs to make parts of Explorer armor, Samurai and Vampire, as well as E-Amp 11 and EMT kit EK-2300/2500.
Angelic Flakes is used to make ClericDaggers, Killian swords, GeoTrek and Davidov guns, as well as E-Amp 12 and EMT Kit EK-2600/2900.
Garcen is used to make Rascal armor, Jashonich, Shriek, Ull and Cold-ir guns, as well as Bullseye 4 and EMT Kit EK-2900.
Alicenies is used to make Renegade, Vindicator, Ghost and Phantom armor, as well as Maddox, Shriek and Katsuichi weapons and EMT Kit EK-1000.

All you'd have to do is some sort of upgrade mission, 1 for each enhanced EnMatter, and you'd require at least one of these among all the necessary items required for the upgrade. So for example, you could create an upgrade mission to improve the efficiency of your ClericDagger, it would require, among other things, 1 Bombardo Flakes. In order to upgrade a Cold-ir gun you could require 8 or 10 Caroot Lubricant for example, and so on...

But, ultimately, that wouldn't really be enough in order to create a decent demand for these fruits as it's possible to make thousands of these every day. A better and more long term solution would be to release a new line of craftable guns, say for example a line of (L)imited Improved GeoTrek guns that would have a slightly better efficiency than the ArMatrix and would do more DPS, and make these enhanced EnMatters part of the list of ingredients to make them. Now that would be something. We'd finally be able to garden to our hearts' desire.

Legends

Last edited:
Everyone seems to agree it would make a whole lot of sense for these fruits to be used for making some kind of consumable buff item. Some other things I thought of:

- New types of pet food
- New types of vehicle fuel
- New types of Ammo for Rocket/Grenade launchers
- New textures or colors for customizable items such as clothes and furniture

However we need to keep in mind that as it is, these fruits can currently be refined into enhanced types of EnMatters as follows:

Transgen Bombardo makes ==> Bombardo Flakes using Angelic Flakes
Transgen Caroot makes ==> Caroot Lubricant using Garcen
Transgen Haimoros makes ==> Haimoros Gel using Alicenies Gel
Transgen Papplon makes ==> Papplon Spray using Magerian Spray

I can't think of any reasons why these couldn't be used in some blueprint recipes or upgrade for desirable items, for example:

Magerian Spray is currently used in BPs to make parts of Explorer armor, Samurai and Vampire, as well as E-Amp 11 and EMT kit EK-2300/2500.
Angelic Flakes is used to make ClericDaggers, Killian swords, GeoTrek and Davidov guns, as well as E-Amp 12 and EMT Kit EK-2600/2900.
Garcen is used to make Rascal armor, Jashonich, Shriek, Ull and Cold-ir guns, as well as Bullseye 4 and EMT Kit EK-2900.
Alicenies is used to make Renegade, Vindicator, Ghost and Phantom armor, as well as Maddox, Shriek and Katsuichi weapons and EMT Kit EK-1000.

All you'd have to do is some sort of upgrade mission, 1 for each enhanced EnMatter, and you'd require at least one of these among all the necessary items required for the upgrade. So for example, you could create an upgrade mission to improve the efficiency of your ClericDagger, it would require, among other things, 1 Bombardo Flakes. In order to upgrade a Cold-ir gun you could require 8 or 10 Caroot Lubricant for example, and so on...

But, ultimately, that wouldn't really be enough in order to create a decent demand for these fruits as it's possible to make thousands of these every day. A better and more long term solution would be to release a new line of craftable guns, say for example a line of (L)imited Improved GeoTrek guns that would have a slightly better efficiency than the ArMatrix and would do more DPS, and make these enhanced EnMatters part of the list of ingredients to make them. Now that would be something. We'd finally be able to garden to our hearts' desire.

Legends

Interesting ideas.

Back