FYI: shinook resources

Robin

Prowler
Society
Soldiers of Fortune
Mayana maya Riechert
Now i notice today the addition of more lyst and oil in and around shinook TP area. Just an FYI

At other spots also

MA is shifting things :laugh:

I found lyst in places that I've never found lyst before :)

lyst/oil are fillers for when there's not enough resource turnover globally, thus to combat the oversupply the nodes are replaced with fillers.

this is the same reason why new planets have been nothing but lyst/oil for the first few days/weeks when they're released.

recent memory, ark pvp4 will hit spells of lyst because the system gets flagged for oversupply. resources don't have hard caps, but they definitely have "warning" levels where you find drastically less until the supply issue is resolved.

basically you need a lot of crafters ...

It's got to be a result of my change to hunting ... :laugh:

I think this is good. Back in 2013 or 2014 happened again. There was lyst in shinook too.

I dont think because of the hoarding this is happening or oversupply, but rather some tweak on going.

Basicly, this means MA are looking at fixing the MU if this continues. As we are at almost lowest MU in history for most of resources (not all). Good job MA, keep it up and spice things up!

I think this is good. Back in 2013 or 2014 happened again. There was lyst in shinook too.

I dont think because of the hoarding this is happening or oversupply, but rather some tweak on going.

Basicly, this means MA are looking at fixing the MU if this continues. As we are at almost lowest MU in history for most of resources (not all). Good job MA, keep it up and spice things up!

Agree fully on this, hope it continues like this after vacation is ending.

Already other resources are getting harder to get also so MU goes up, without making mining bad cause TT return seems to stay the same

Keep it up MA, great job :)

Now i notice today the addition of more lyst and oil in and around shinook TP area. Just an FYI

Is it only shinook or other places/planets too? did someone check?

There are definitely areas that get waves of lyst on occasion (I know one definite spot on Ark), though I haven't taken the effort to try to correlate it with anything. I'm not sure how it's set up, but I do like the idea that it's kind of a check against oversupply of rarer resources.

All my other "belk" spots are still the same.

If you look careful at shinook you will notice the belk/lyst area is more like a left/right side, so lyst is not a filler for belk but more like get that belk MU up and done for a reason

Last edited:
Maybe time to get some nice BPs, so ppl start normal crafting, instead of gambling with explosives.
It is just a pain, if u use a DSEC Seeker L30 with 3 enhancers up, and you cant find any rare or normal other stuff, but a lot lyst and oil deeper as 1km. Same hapen also with the MF1 with 5 enhancers up. The pain of lyst and oil is the verry long extracting. Why using those finders and and enhancers, if you just find lyst and oil. I know, rare need to be rare, but common, there are other stuffs we could get, instead lyst.

Maybe time to get some nice BPs, so ppl start normal crafting, instead of gambling with explosives.
It is just a pain, if u use a DSEC Seeker L30 with 3 enhancers up, and you cant find any rare or normal other stuff, but a lot lyst and oil deeper as 1km. Same hapen also with the MF1 with 5 enhancers up. The pain of lyst and oil is the verry long extracting. Why using those finders and and enhancers, if you just find lyst and oil. I know, rare need to be rare, but common, there are other stuffs we could get, instead lyst.

Places where I usual find gold, redu, vesp or even azzur etc.... are not giving me as much as before neither. Now if you check MU on those ..... miners/traders are stocking them up because of the terrible mu now. So expect them to go up soon again :)
All goes up and down (demand and supply), its just a question of how long can you wait to sell them at a higher % and that is a huge part in mining also :)

Last edited:
After all entropia is dynamic

lyst/oil are fillers for when there's not enough resource turnover globally, thus to combat the oversupply the nodes are replaced with fillers.

this is the same reason why new planets have been nothing but lyst/oil for the first few days/weeks when they're released.

recent memory, ark pvp4 will hit spells of lyst because the system gets flagged for oversupply. resources don't have hard caps, but they definitely have "warning" levels where you find drastically less until the supply issue is resolved.

basically you need a lot of crafters ...

I love the theory, and its also aligned with my observation.
I have afew spaces for himi, cave sap, henren and solis. When I mine them with large amps, after a handful if hits the qrea shifts to lyst, oil or caldo, acid root.

As soon as I get a handful of "filler" hits I usually change the area.

Been trying to power trough the filler period, which just resulted in crap markup runs

For me it seems its only at shinook. All my other spots are ok.

So far in all runs there after the change I'm only getting 6,30% oil and 18,08% lyst so not really a big deal cause they both sell, but slow. It really depends also what time you go there. :ahh:

Had few lyst at arkadia were it usually never been there...

Had few lyst at arkadia were it usually never been there...

I did have a gold area that switches to nearly all lyst sometimes, so this had been happening on ark at least a year ago.

I did have a gold area that switches to nearly all lyst sometimes, so this had been happening on ark at least a year ago.

Different things, somehow. There are at least two servers who always had lyst, in a given % compared to the rest of resources.

Sometimes in, I think, 2017 (or even earlier), MA introduced some wave system in which the regular resources were replaced by lyst. That is, for 2 hours or so you could find, say, 70-80% lyst. Plenty of ubers of oil and lyst at Pemphredo then and it was working the same on Ark. At some point (can't remember the year exactly), they put that to max amplitude, so for example all CND domes had lyst at various moments of the day.

More recently, at least in the mentioned gold area, I haven't hit not even once lyst, the other one I haven't checked, so maybe they have been tweaking it a bit.

Imo is a bit wrong, the accent should be less on time, but rather on depth. Overall not enough data for me to compare to previous years, though.

Try testing this by timing your runs maybe?

I got a spot for terru, mostly giving a mix of lyst/terru ... now after waiting a certain time ^^ it gives me only terru :eyecrazy:

It might takes some time but i'm sure if so, you will find it out :wtg:

It's true that they added lyst/oil in some places where there wasn't any, like in Shinook (I don't know if it's still there)

But about the common resources that drop at spawn of rare resources;

Isn't it how it always worked ?

It is used to maintain the rarity of each resource (and therefore its MU)

I think that each rare resource is limited to a certain amount ingame in a given time.

For example, if you go to a Pyrite spot, but the maximum ingame quantity is already reached, then you'll find something more common like Caldorite instead.
If even Caldorite cap is close to be reached, then you'll find even more common ones like Belkar, Lyst, etc.. (Lyst/Oil are probably among those that are not capped)

So if you wait a little while, people will craft using Pyrite, then it will drop again.

Try testing this by timing your runs maybe?

I got a spot for terru, mostly giving a mix of lyst/terru ... now after waiting a certain time ^^ it gives me only terru :eyecrazy:

It might takes some time but i'm sure if so, you will find it out :wtg:

Yes i agree with Leeloo for once. :laugh: I have gold area, where the max is about 13 ped, once i hit lyst 2 in a row, i move on. Terra is same, but larger area, depth should be low as you can get. Not sure if skill make any type of diffrence, but i have had more luck it seems at finding a good wave after L50.

It's true that they added lyst/oil in some places where there wasn't any, like in Shinook (I don't know if it's still there)

But about the common resources that drop at spawn of rare resources;

Isn't it how it always worked ?

It is used to maintain the rarity of each resource (and therefore its MU)

I think that each rare resource is limited to a certain amount ingame in a given time.

For example, if you go to a Pyrite spot, but the maximum ingame quantity is already reached, then you'll find something more common like Caldorite instead.
If even Caldorite cap is close to be reached, then you'll find even more common ones like Belkar, Lyst, etc.. (Lyst/Oil are probably among those that are not capped)

So if you wait a little while, people will craft using Pyrite, then it will drop again.

There is no info about the cap. MA might have changed sometimes to see whats best result. Sometimes there is cap, other times no, maybe.

But to this time, everything indicates that there is NO resource cap. I used to hold the most rare resources for year(s) and bigger TT size to check this. But time after time show that the % of the resource mined is same. Example redu. I talked with 1 particular crafter and he alone would have had say 15-20k tt of it. Now go imagine what the other crafters would have had. And this ore is rare. If we say with % ore distribution, 3-5%. To get a 15k tt, you would need to have cycled several 100k peds to get this 15k tt to feed 1 crafter. So imagine the rarity. And yet, nothing indicates that there is any cap despite this huge amount of pumping cycled.

Last edited:
Indeed I said "ingame" to make it simple, but it's probably more complex, and I guess it's more about what is sold or "used" than what is ingame.
And it's even probably manually monitored.

I can't see how it could be whithout any kind of cap.
Every single miner think he knows "secret" places where rare ressources are..
It's so easy to know them.

A good example is the rig since they put all Pyrite there.

I mean go at rig and you'll see 10 people mining there 24/7.. You can't go 15m without running into a claim..

So if there's no cap, then why Pyrite is not TT food ?

Indeed I said "ingame" to make it simple, but it's probably more complex, and I guess it's more about what is sold or "used" than what is ingame.
And it's even probably manually monitored.

I can't see how it could be whithout any kind of cap.
Every single miner think he knows "secret" places where rare ressources are..
It's so easy to know them.

A good example is the rig since they put all Pyrite there.

I mean go at rig and you'll see 10 people mining there 24/7.. You can't go 15m without running into a claim..

resources drop in waves and if there is too much mined in comparison to not enough used they just change one little variable which increases the amount of time between waves. probably automatic and probably not too unsimilar to the bitcoin algorithm, which automatically adjusts the difficulty of the block if the hash rate is too low / a block is not found fast enough.

Because it comes only in waves... Short waves. Else it would indeed have been TT food.

Back