Freedom of speech on pcf

Status

helena

Elite
Society
Crimson devils
Helene Helena Fra
Yoo forum!!
I m sad coz one of my friends have been a victim of a scammer on game and came here on pcf to report it
We have always been free to report scam on pcf as long as we dont name the scammer.
My friend indeed posted the name of the scammer, which leaded to his thread being erased.

Nothing special until here, but he was not allowed posting his thread even if he dont mention the person who supposely scammed him, which leads to my question:

Freedom of speech on pcf?

He posted a thread asking the mods why and he got banned from forums for it.

The supposed scammer is someone well known from community and as a group of friends we are wondering if this is some kind of privilege becoz of the accused person position.

I took care of not breaking any rule redacting that thread and i really hope my thought about whats going on are false

Helena

hasnt the pcf forum went under a new owner too ?? and NO free speech....sry....only on somewhere else

I only saw the post of your friend short...sad for him too.....but maybe tell other ppl those ingame ??

if its rly the case of a scam? or was it a case of a wayyy overpriced item??

there is also a difference there..:-(((((

Hmm i wasnt aware that freedom of speech is part of the forum rules, neither is it a global right - only some parts of the world pretend to have it so they can shout at others that they dont ;)
But even the arguably 'most free' countries in the world have constantly arguments to define hate speech so they can make excemptions from their 'freedom'...

There are two sides to every story

I tried to respond to his original post but that thread itself got deleted and I was unable to tell my side of the story.

I am here to straighten out the facts pertaining to the individual who has accused me of scamming. I believe I am within my rights to clear the air of all the false data being propagated as truth.

Timeline : 3 month ago is when the individual in concern had a discussion with me regarding putting his Chip in my bank. I gave him two options:

1. To give it to me directly as a loan with collateral ( which is done very often) especially when people have a chance to default or just want it to remain with me securely.

2. He can put it in the bank and I will make sure that for the period ( which is a max of 1 month) I will look out for the item in case any issues arise.

The said item was put in the bank and removed before the time period lapsed. Also during the period there was 1 more similar chip in the bank ( I don't know who else had his as the name of the person is not shown in the loan terminal to the owner of the bank)

It is a well known fact that I have not only kept items for people who have informed me of items that they might not be able to retrieve before the lapse of 1 month loan period but also in cases where the item was not sold, I returned it with no penalties besides the loan interest overdue.

Fast forward 3 months and I have no clue what is in the bank and i have not been contacted by the above individual about any further loans. The day i return from vacation is when i find the chip is unpaid. I also saw that the bank was low on funds as all the funds were loaned out to people ( We get notifications when people try taking loans and the fund is not there in the bank). I contacted 3 resellers i knew to see if a quick deal can be made. 2 of them did not have cash enough and the third ( morey ) who is also a partner in the fund that runs the bank agreed to do a favourable deal ( discounted price on the chip). The deal was struck and the funds were collected to put in the bank.

A couple hours later the individual in question leaves messages while i was offline and again when i was online. He mentioned how i was cheating him and that i had promised him to look after the chip. I explained to him that I had looked after it and he had already taken it out back then. If he again puts the chip back the least he could have done is inform me of the same. I handle a lot of loans with various items and it is impossible for me to keep track of items indefinitely. I also told him about how the deal went down and to speak to morey.

I have no clue whether he actually spoke to him or not and he never got back to me with any information till today when i saw his thread on pcf accusing me of scamming him. I am appalled by the fact that he never even discussed with me if there is any help that he needed from my end. Our first and last conversation was about the ordeal and him trying to blame me and me directing him to morey to talk to him first.

I take huge offense to this BS and have since his post removed him from FL and will not communicate further with him under any condition.

To all the friends/well wishers of the individual in concern, first ask him to get the facts right and not fabricate a narrative to suit his needs.

Divinity

Yoo forum!!
I m sad coz one of my friends have been a victim of a scammer on game and came here on pcf to report it
We have always been free to report scam on pcf as long as we dont name the scammer.
My friend indeed posted the name of the scammer, which leaded to his thread being erased.

Nothing special until here, but he was not allowed posting his thread even if he dont mention the person who supposely scammed him, which leads to my question:

The supposed scammer is someone well known from community and as a group of friends we are wondering if this is some kind of privilege becoz of the accused person position.

I took care of not breaking any rule redacting that thread and i really hope my thought about whats going on are false

Helena

Tell your friend to post that info on reddit instead. https://www.reddit.com/r/entropiauniverse/

Get ready for the roughest ride of your lives kids, and strap youelves in.. cause this game is about adapatation.

Yoo forum!!

Helena

Well here we go, and it's time for me to speak up especially to the OP here, so hang on guys, this rocket ride is about to take off and be sure to keep your arms and hands in the ride at all times..

To the OP, I have this to say.. Do you know what the word "Adaptation" is/ if not go to a dictionary and look it up. and for those of you who want me to state what adaptation is, well, here it is, in a nutshell:

Adaptation is in fact the ability to learn how to adapt in any situation handed you. it means to be flexible and think with an open mind. It allows you to conceive new ideas and new ways to play.. Apparently you must be from the older school pres-2008, and you haven't been oin gth game a while.. which is sqad really .. cause then you've missed out over the 11 years I have been in , a lot.. and for me, I've learned how to adapt to each situation handed to me.. and sure it may be a hard learning curve, but learning is what makes this game fun.. it allows you to look at your game style and play this game differently, and it allows yo to be a bit more flexible..

Learning to adapt in with any situation handed you, allows o to expand and grow your options and in fact it allows you to rethink your game style..

When I started this game back in 2008, and yes folks I've bene in this game for 11 years and I plan to be in it longer until they have to pry the mouse and the keyboard out of my cold dead hand, that I started to learn.. I learned new ideas and concepts and I did something sadly a lot of people failed to do, and that is that they learned how to adapt to the situations handed them..

For example.. the concept of a sweat gun rather than the ability to use my hands as a means fo gathering sweat..
Or that the terrain would be vastly different after 2009, or the ability to conceive other planets of rht edangers of space and how to travel through space without fear of losing money foolishly.. It has also taught me who my friends are and who my enemies are too. it showed me what I can and Can not do as a person and avove all it showed me that I was doing somethig sadly a lot of folks failed to do, and so they disappeared, some never to return to this game, while others returned and asked questions and learned to adapt to the game as well..

When I was told of the camera system changes, I too was worried and the first day out on the field I was a bit confused and frustrated, but you know what I did? I put away the confusion and frustration and relearned everything all over again, and since then, I relaly haven't looked back..

Now to the OP, if you think I am prilliged or blessed, or cursed then that's your option.. to me I'm just a person who is willing to learn how to adapt to the situation handed me..

I've grown up a lot.. I started my life with a dreamer getting snuffed out by a narrow minded thinker, I watched an entire space program and saw man walk on the moon, I went through the good times and the bad times, along with the rest of us.. and since 2008, I've been i this game, and have done the one thing each and everyone of us should learn to do.. and that is the ability to be patient, to learn how to adapt to any sittuation handed to us, and to be able to still be able to laugh at ourselves when we die or when we get a feel of accomplishment when we finish a mission.. It's not about who has rights or privileges here but rather who can adapt the most. That is what this game is all about.. oh and iyou think that this game is the ability to adapt in just a game, think about this, a lot of kids today those under the age of 20 think tha tit's them that deserve the right to have things handed to them.. they are not the had workers who go out there and work every day, take all the abuse that I have taken, and expect to get something jut because they deserve it..

To me OP, it sounds that you're not adapting but rather, you are suffering from a case of Entitlement. Yo think everything is gonna be handed to you and that you have to have it easy.. You think that you can jsut waltz in here brazenly and in fact think that you can have it your way.. the truth of the matter is that you can't have it your way, you don't get it your way and above all you have to work hard at doing something.. Oh wait, that's right, you're entitled to a better game.. It's not that you dislike the game .. you just have failed to learn to adapt.. and you think that you're expecting everything handed to you, and sadly it isn't.. you hve to work hard at it, you have to be somebody and sure you have to take the hard knocks of life, and brother, I have had the hardest knocks of life ever, and I keep on going.. why is this because I do the one thing most folks who you say have the privilege of playing this game have.. we've learned to adapt.

So in closing I say this.. This game is a game of learning how to adapt to any situation handed to you, you are not entitled to anything. You r choices and decisions either make or break your game play and above all, your ability to learn makes you a better or a worse player depending on the choices and the willing to learn given to you

Don't think that this is a privilege to a select few.. it's not even a right, it's the ability to show Charles Darwin wrong and the rest of the world wrong.. it's the ability to really show that you can and should be a better person to learn to adapt to the situation given to you..

Now then, if you have learned anything about this game from my little bit of wisdom, please remember this, this is a game and only a game, sure it's a game where you can be successful or not.. and from yur attitude and cockiness it seems you want to be not successful.. which is sad really..

Oh and to the et of you, keep learning learn to strive and challenge yourself every day, and don't worry about the money, after all , given enough time and patience and understanding maybe , just maybe you'll learn to adapt to the situations handed to you as well, be it in game or in real life.. After all when we adapt we learn to grow and expand our minds.. but as of late the people of the world are doing the exact opposite.. and it shows..

To them you ask them what adaptation is, they can't give an answer.. they can't give a reason or an explanation.. it's these people who are going to be the ones when they are handed a siatuation are not going to be able to do it.. and in the end, they''ll end up like other gamers in this game.. they'll fall by the wayside and they in the end, will learn the ability to lose..

After all Entropia Universe can be used a s a means to show folks the better side of humanity, or the worst, I would rather speak up and say that it can be for the better.. provided people learn to adapt, and to get this idea of entitlement out of their heads.. after all this isn't a game it's a challenge and adventure.. Now if you will excuse me, I got a mission to go finish.. and feel a bit more satisfied that I finished a mission, and in the end, it's not how you win or lose it's how you play the game that counts, and that game is in fact the ability to learn..

Enough said.

(Sgt.) Benjamin 'Ben' Coyote, IFN Marines, Planet Arkadia
a.K.A "The blind Sniper"*** And (His Dog_Spot..)

*** Oh and did I mention I am legaly blind? No? Okay that in itself is a challenge and I've learned how to adapt to.. (And if you can't accept that do me a favor.. learn braille, you'll be seeing that wth your fingers instead of your eyes.. and if yo can't hear the sounds turn your speakers on yoru head phones up a little will ya then maybe you can see in your mind the ability to hunt..

That's really all I have to say.. Coyote out.

For sure there is no freedom of speech here..... I always got banned when I said fuck mindark or swearing them ... so I stopped.... i just send now support cases with swearing them :)))) and guess what.... they act normal not like obsessive abusive powerfull mighty allover gods and ban me,...... :))))
maybe some old .... i mean very very old moderators here need a break they don't have patience anymore....
:yup::yup::yup:
Yoo forum!!

Helena

Free speech doesn't survive in an advertisement.

Reactions: San
Now then, if you have learned anything about this game from my little bit of wisdom, please remember this, this is a game and only a game, sure it's a game where you can be successful or not.. and from yur attitude and cockiness it seems you want to be not successful.. which is sad really..

I had to endure 5 minutes of reading to find this gem.

No such thing as freedom of speech...just an illusion.

There is no such thing as Free Will - THAT is an illusion

And Freedom of Speech is a two edged sword

What people often imply by free speech is a boundless expression without consequences. It's not a thing, never been a thing in any past or present set of laws. For example, the most alluded to First Amendment and similar regulations in other "free" countries only protect you from the government, not from individuals or enterprises. With an absolute freedom of speech there would be no protection against a slander, no such things as NDA etc.

The public defamation is the worst because a lot of the reputation damage can not be undone even with full refutation of the libel. As they say, lie travels round the world while truth is putting on her boots.

Members are free to post anything that is not in violation of the forum rules.

As this thread clearly violates the following forum rule:

Forum Rules said:
2.14 - Administrator/Moderator Criticism
Criticism of these forum rules, or Forum Staff implementation of these forum rules is NOT permitted in any publicly viewable area of the forum. Such content will be deleted without notice. If you disagree with how the forum is being moderated or administered, please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of any forum page to contact the Forum Staff. If you are unclear about the purpose or interpretation of one of the forum rules, either contact an administrator via private message, or consult the PlanetCalypsoForum Rules Discussion thread.

it will be closed.

:locked:

Status
Back