Suggestion: New line of L weapons (and other stuffs)

Piotr

Elite
Society
BAHQ
Iveline Ivi Stockhouse
L items are pretty bad compared to UL weps (especially new ones) so I think MA should introduce new L weps that has 1.3-1.5x of base dps of UL weps of same level (maybe throw in some buffs also: Lifesteal, CHC etc). Also with higher efficiency. Only L bps for them that would use hunting mats at least 1/3 part.It would generate more turnover in craft, hunt, mining meanwhile increasing MU in all 3 professions too.
And maybe even some highend ppl would use L stuff if viable improvement over their current UL gear dps wise, or maybe return to hunt some (including me).

Thoughts on the matter?

L items are pretty bad compared to UL weps (especially new ones) so I think MA should introduce new L weps that has 1.3-1.5x of base dps of UL weps of same level (maybe throw in some buffs also: Lifesteal, CHC etc). Also with higher efficiency. Only L bps for them that would use hunting mats at least 1/3 part.It would generate more turnover in craft, hunt, mining meanwhile increasing MU in all 3 professions too.
And maybe even some highend ppl would use L stuff if viable improvement over their current UL gear dps wise, or maybe return to hunt some (including me).

Thoughts on the matter?

So destroy the UL weapon market and reduce the value for all those people holding them? (i'm not one of them either). The ArMatrix line is good enough, the weapons sell well during events and people craft them. They also use quite a lot of different resources. Instead of weapons, they need to bring out (L) ArMatrix armors/mindforce chips/ finders/excavators and amps/attachments/plates for all of those.

So destroy the UL weapon market and reduce the value for all those people holding them? (i'm not one of them either). The ArMatrix line is good enough, the weapons sell well during events and people craft them. They also use quite a lot of different resources. Instead of weapons, they need to bring out (L) ArMatrix armors/mindforce chips/ finders/excavators and amps/attachments/plates for all of those.

UL market has been destroyed a few times over and this wouldnt be as big of an impact as last one was (loot2.0)

pretty much any mediocre UL weapon is better than any L option atm

Whatever it takes to actually have an economy in this supposed RCE. Materials actually having value like a decade or so ago. After all that's what entropia was boasted to do.

I agree with you completely on this one. The whole L item life cycle chain seems to be broken, as most materials sells for 102-4% now days.

Another incentive to use L could be lowering the requirement to use them (say 10-15 levels) compared to their UNL counterpart. I think this would make a good boost in the usage of L items.

Had suggested already several times to focus more on (L) items instead of flooding the Universe with UL, but it didn´t work.
Also suggested:
1. Buff items (guns, armor, etc.) that could use small skill chips to be crafted. Like 0.10 ped tt Killstrike or so for Crit items and so on to give skills some more value again.
2. New crafting system where you have small chances that on success you get an adj, imp, mod, aug, perf. version of the item you are crafting to give more thrill. :)

But I lost hope to see an economy/MU like ~8-10 years ago.

As others have said, the ArMatrix line, extenders, etc. are still pretty recent and fit the bill to a degree. I've seen more mining MU because of ArMatrix crafting.

Also keep in mind the efficiency component is also recent. MA made it clear they'd be introducing new weapons more focused on that than the older weapons that were fit into that category post-hoc.

As others have said, the ArMatrix line, extenders, etc. are still pretty recent and fit the bill to a degree. I've seen more mining MU because of ArMatrix crafting.

Also keep in mind the efficiency component is also recent. MA made it clear they'd be introducing new weapons more focused on that than the older weapons that were fit into that category post-hoc.

They are far from decent. Decent would be if a grinder would think to use L over UL. Thats not the case. A true grinder using L instead of UL would bring up MU more than 50 of "lets shoot 1000 peds this week" guys. They are inferior in kind of all aspect to UL so if someone have the peds to grind, would be a fool atm to go L way. Even guns above level 100 has below 100 efficiency no buff and no superior dps to L70-80 UL stuffs.

But hey, rather keep 10-30k on UL guns MU than make 50k more from loot MU in lets say a year....

No more new shit... let's make what exists better. We got tiers but no rune attachments for gems to go in, no way to upgrade every ul item yet, no way to use a lot of useless items that used to have a purpose like time Crystal's etc. Let's get time traveller to come back and fix all this stuff...

They are far from decent. Decent would be if a grinder would think to use L over UL. Thats not the case. A true grinder using L instead of UL would bring up MU more than 50 of "lets shoot 1000 peds this week" guys. They are inferior in kind of all aspect to UL so if someone have the peds to grind, would be a fool atm to go L way. Even guns above level 100 has below 100 efficiency no buff and no superior dps to L70-80 UL stuffs.

But hey, rather keep 10-30k on UL guns MU than make 50k more from loot MU in lets say a year....

You are under the impression that MU is going to increase and stay at that increased level with introduction of new weapons? That is not the case, look at the ArMatrix trend for an example of how it would work.

still wait more finders ;0

You are under the impression that MU is going to increase and stay at that increased level with introduction of new weapons? That is not the case, look at the ArMatrix trend for an example of how it would work.

Because as I mentioned earlier arma series is not an alternative for grinders. Atm i dont hunt at all, cause i dont wanna invest in UL and high lvl L stuffs are not an option (dps dpp or effi wise). From arma series mostly low-mid level guns sells, high level sales are very low

definitely No. that is devaluation and means stealing in the economies of the countries. because the money would come out of the hands of the people and would be left directly in the hands of MA. In fact, actions like the ones you propose use MA when it needs money.

definitely No. that is devaluation and means stealing in the economies of the countries. because the money would come out of the hands of the people and would be left directly in the hands of MA. In fact, actions like the ones you propose use MA when it needs money.

Thx for negrep with silly reason. Losing 100k on an item MU means 0 ped extra for MA, selling an item for 100k or 10k makes no difference (from MA's view), one player pays it, other gets it.

Yes bad idea in RCE to increase the Economy part or interaction between players =)

Thx for negrep with silly reason. Losing 100k on an item MU means 0 ped extra for MA, selling an item for 100k or 10k makes no difference (from MA's view), one player pays it, other gets it.

Yes bad idea in RCE to increase the Economy part or interaction between players =)

Yeah it makes sense if we are talking about game theories in a brand new game.Since we are talking about a sustained and long history of 16 years you can't just make drastic changes just because its more profitable as a company.
There are a lot more to the equation than just profitability.Not everything has to do with if X is more profitable than Y lets pick X no matter what.

I do agree that there has to exist top of the line tools ingame that are extremely hard to craft/find materials (pvp4 related or similar areas) but I don't agree with superior L tools better than any UL at least not for Entropia Universe.

They are far from decent. Decent would be if a grinder would think to use L over UL.

You seem to be mistaken on how L items are supposed to work. If you use an L item so much that the added MU is a significant cost for you over the often improved stats of using L, you're supposed to look into UL weapons as an investment over that, not the other way around.

Not to mention that the Armatrix series already fits the bill you've described since they were added. They sell pretty well too with that in mind considering all the shops out there selling them. There's a reason why they've risen in popularity.

I own one of the most expensive UL guns and im for powercreeping L weapons to create a market.

Stop any new UL item drops.
Instead drop L versions that have boosted stats, traits. Not just varying tier rates but varying from a base version of the weapon to a extremely well rolled item.

Give looted L guns a high chance to roll then crafted. Maybe have hidden effects that u dont get to see untill tier up off such said L item.

can play around with decay values, preservering, and manageing flow of items for competitions.
It be good all around imo.
But not realistic i fear

Losing 100k on an item MU means 0 ped extra for MA, .

That is not true. When an object is devalued, it means that the money that entered sometime into game simply will not abandon it.

For example, a player buys a gun for 12 thousand dollars and, as far as he knows, has a value for 12 thousand dollars, but if what you suggest would be done and tomorrow its object is no longer worth 12 thousand dollars but only one thousand. The player lost his money and can never take out the 11 thousand dollars he thought he had.

This could happens because when money is in the form of objects it is like saving, but when money is being played it will most likely disappear.

(And your thread is silly :laugh:) - Finally you should thank your friend Kalixt for compensating your negative reputation, even without understanding what is being said here.

Since we are talking about a sustained and long history of 16 years you can't just make drastic changes just because its more profitable as a company.

.. but I don't agree with superior L tools better than any UL at least not for Entropia Universe.

This is accurate.

For that reason I understand that suggestion of the OP is bad because it is potentially dangerous for the players. (And then it would bring problems to the game itself)

How about to make it worthwhile a 100% TT L weapon once broken can be repaired to 80% then 60% then 40 all the way to 0 to make it last longer or is that really handing it out to players on a plate? If it is then maybe once broken can be repaired to 50% so you get times and a half use out of it?

Regards
Tees

I'd rather see a working L system which to not be doomed by default. Over generation 30 or so, ArM is simply painful. Can't convince myself to put again more than 3-400$ per year, just can't. I am totally fine with throwing some for bankroll, but to invest again in any kind of ul item of any significance, just not comfortable with the idea anymore. I would prefer a system in which I can switch whenever I want between types of weapons and speed of turnover from 1 day to another without needing to go each damn time through sales. Right now I can use LP-55, MU loss after shrapnel conversion plus the inevitable tt variance is already at a tag I have no desire to carry through (hence I am not playing). L finders in mining is pretty much the direction I'd like to see in hunting too.

Losing 100k on an item MU means 0 ped extra for MA,

That is not true. When an object is devalued, it means that the money that entered sometime into game simply will not abandon it.

For example, a player buys a gun for 12 thousand dollars and, as far as he knows, has a value for 12 thousand dollars, but if what you suggest would be done and tomorrow its object is no longer worth 12 thousand dollars but only one thousand. The player lost his money and can never take out the 11 thousand dollars he thought he had.

I would say Ivi is true on this point aslong as this item isn´t bought directly from MA, which is mostly not the case.

To stay at your example:
Player A buys a gun for 12k from Player B.
Player B withdraw the money or have it on his pedcard.
Then Player A sells the gun for 1k to Player C. Player C has deposited this 1k.
So 13k were deposited in total and also will leave the game, if not spent/lost on other things.

The only thing MA will get from it, is the 1% withdrawl fee.

And to stay a bit on topic.
(L) should be > UL.

I could see a new line of L comming into the game with a new planet as that planet's shtick.

Every L item needs an adv and disadvantage. I can see a market for a line of weapons with effects, more difficult to craft, useful in events, pvp and generally make gaming more fun. Mediocre efficiency.

Some ideas of competitive Crafted L guns:
- Guns with built in Autoloot/Runspeed/Armor Reduction Status Effect/Heal Reduction Status Effect/
- L Guns with DPS very close to the CAT limits of mayhems

As for the current L lines, I think it's a great thing for the economy. no need to change armatrix.

Edit: Would also be cool if there was a way to increase chance for high tier rate L goods. Maybe in an L Adj bp that is more expensive to click.

How about to make it worthwhile a 100% TT L weapon once broken can be repaired to 80% then 60% then 40 all the way to 0 to make it last longer or is that really handing it out to players on a plate? If it is then maybe once broken can be repaired to 50% so you get times and a half use out of it?

Regards
Tees

Already exists with Extenders. 10/15/20%. Just need the 25/30/40/etc to come.

Get rid of the nanocube only BP's as well should restore the crafting segment, which will help miners and hunters.

I do mean keep the EP's but add resources to them. Its just a TT HoF machine atm.

Get rid of the nanocube only BP's as well should restore the crafting segment, which will help miners and hunters.

I do mean keep the EP's but add resources to them. Its just a TT HoF machine atm.

Being in this game quite long, it rarely happends that MA admits to this (as most if not all players called this a mistake when it launched.).

(L) weapons should be similar to the bone, to their uL versions, markup is part of this game and is the driver between choosing to use 100(0)+ (L)-versions or to buy the uL version.

One just can't be without the other, however we do miss a decent portion of (L)-versions ingame, which I hope gets added over time ( also for improved and adjusted versions casted or mission based), this would offer the high efficiency people are after on a craftable way and thus an flow in usage of hunted and mined resources.

Back