PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources

Question Secondary weapon question!

Hey guys!
    Just got my laser rifle dmg and hit profs to 25 and i'm really lacking in evade ( evader skill 9) so i was thinking of starting training a melee weapon as a secondary thing.... would knife be a viable option? And would melee be better to help me get evade faster?

What are your thoughts on the matter?

Skills contributing to Evade, taken from entropedia:

skill/must be unlocked/relative contribution to evader/HP contribution

Attributes: Agility No 8 40 Edit
    Combat: Combat Reflexes No 11 1600 Edit
    Combat: Combat Sense Yes 6 800 Edit
    Defense: Avoidance Yes 7 0 Edit
    Defense: Evade No 25 0 Edit
    General: Alertness No 5 0 Edit
    General: Athletics No 14 533.3 Edit
    General: Courage No 7 320 Edit
    General: Intuition Yes 3 1600 Edit
    General: Quickness Yes 9 3200 Edit
    General: Serendipity Yes 5 1600

You'll get Combat reflexes and Courage with rifle, pistol and melee. You shoul focus on reaching L30 hit to unlock serendipity. It helps with evade/dodge and looter profession.

At your level you'll gain most evade levels by taking iron chains with skills contributing to Evade. Not sure what your setup is, but with 30ish DPS you can try the atrax or argo mission chain which gives decent combat reflex rewards. Berycled IV and V IRON stages also give evade and athletics.

I'm sure there are lots of other good rewards from mobs with 100-400 hp as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LavaSparks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Skills contributing to Evade, taken from entropedia:

skill/must be unlocked/relative contribution to evader/HP contribution

Attributes: Agility No 8 40 Edit
    Combat: Combat Reflexes No 11 1600 Edit
    Combat: Combat Sense Yes 6 800 Edit
    Defense: Avoidance Yes 7 0 Edit
    Defense: Evade No 25 0 Edit
    General: Alertness No 5 0 Edit
    General: Athletics No 14 533.3 Edit
    General: Courage No 7 320 Edit
    General: Intuition Yes 3 1600 Edit
    General: Quickness Yes 9 3200 Edit
    General: Serendipity Yes 5 1600

You'll get Combat reflexes and Courage with rifle, pistol and melee. You shoul focus on reaching L30 hit to unlock serendipity. It helps with evade/dodge and looter profession.

At your level you'll gain most evade levels by taking iron chains with skills contributing to Evade. Not sure what your setup is, but with 30ish DPS you can try the atrax or argo mission chain which gives decent combat reflex rewards. Berycled IV and V IRON stages also give evade and athletics.

I'm sure there are lots of other good rewards from mobs with 100-400 hp as well.
    That wasnt what i was wondering about..... i know you gain the defensive skills req for thevproffesion by getting hit... my question was if i hunt melee will i gain evader skills faster due to the fact that ill get hit more?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Theone LaMoar GR
    Society
    cB Crimson Blades
    Quote Originally Posted by BenGlav View Post
    That wasnt what i was wondering about..... i know you gain the defensive skills req for thevproffesion by getting hit... my question was if i hunt melee will i gain evader skills faster due to the fact that ill get hit more?
    Yes, you will. 👍

Old
    Aryana Ary Softheart
    Society
    The Knights of Entropia
    Images
    As mentioned above, before you start training another weapon, definitely get to level 30 in your laser rifle. Serendipity will kick in and you'll be getting a whole range of skills. Once you have serendipity, THEN start training with short blades or long blades.

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by LaMoarrrr View Post
    Yes, you will. ��
    No, OP probably won't. Because OPs DPS with a rifle will be much higher than with a melee blade (assuming there's no chipping in of melee skills involved that is), he will get much more CR and courage skill with his pew-pew per hour than with a blade. Getting hit doesn't give much evader level in my experience (I'm L52 pistoleer, L32 short blade) - my gains in evade, athletics and alertness are mostly from mission rewards, and my gains in CR and courage mostly from shooting and some mission rewards.

Melee is good for HP building, but I wouldn't bother until I had serendipity unlocked. And by L30 OP would have even higher DPS available, skilling that serendipity (and hence evader level) much faster than using a blade. He'd also gain some blade levels for free by building general combat skills before going melee. That way he can start using higher level melee weapons right away. Of course this works even better if OP unlocks coolness before switching to melee, and EVEN better, combat sense (which also contributes to evade). It all depends on time horizon and budget. OP could also just go melee if he finds it more fun - probably the best reason of all to use it.