Suggestion: Remove vehicles and up atrox spawn at oil rig

Lars

Alpha
Society
Hardcore
As title suggests. The oil rig has become a kindergarden, once a place with epic pvp fights has become a place infested with leechers who cant even handle an atrox domi. There should be some challenge involved controlling the oil rig.

Best regards,
Lars

As title suggests. The oil rig has become a kindergarden, once a place with epic pvp fights has become a place infested with leechers who cant even handle an atrox domi. There should be some challenge involved controlling the oil rig.

Best regards,
Lars

make a atrox queen spawn there :)

Funny, I actually made a malcruentor queen at the old rig.. :)

art_of_lars_2.jpg

make a atrox queen spawn there :)

Damnnnnnn I like this idea :D And make it so that the Queen cannot be dragged outside of a certain area.

Also to Lars point. Would be awesome if they removed vehicles from PvP2 entirely. Just like the old days you would have to run back from the respawn to get to the Oil Rig. :)

Damnnnnnn I like this idea :D And make it so that the Queen cannot be dragged outside of a certain area.

Also to Lars point. Would be awesome if they removed vehicles from PvP2 entirely. Just like the old days you would have to run back from the respawn to get to the Oil Rig. :)

Or create a new Atrox mob for there, named Atrox King :) I would like to see the action there, then!

I love this idea.

But I got an even better one. First keep a regular spawn of atrox alpha-stalker shared loot with at least twice the amount of current densitity.

Second. Oil rig wave system triggered upon every 30 min when interacting with the oil rig machine. An IG world message will be sent to get help of colonists.
Waves 1-5.
Starting wave spawn Atrox hatchlings 300 of them
2nd wave Atrox Alpha 50 of them
3rd wave Atrox Old Alpha 50 of them
4th wave Atrox Stalker 50 of them.
5th wave "Boss wave" 1x Atrox Queen.
After completing all waves. You get a health boost and speed buff for 1h and oil spawn rate gets increased for 30 min with twice the amount you usually get.

Also if nobody does the wave in X hours the oil rig will stop spawning oil. Crucial to prevent leechers.

IMO this is a dead thread.
If you think it's a kindergarten, then go and show them who's boss.
If you went recently, then you have to take into account that it's summer and migration - crowd might be different.
When I've been there it seems to be mostly the usual crowd, with the similar number of noobs or that one dumb guy that always comes back after being killed 20 times.
The Atrox spawn seems fine, they are always in range to pull one in if you want and some spawn in the area.
I thought if you blow up vehicles the avatar dies - but I saw it happen once and they didn't seem to die.

The drop rate is pretty low, you can be there 20-40 mins without an oil drop. How much shooting of noobs can you expect to get 3-6 peds an hour?

Finally, in my opinion it's MA "giving" us peds. Why should we let them win by spending ammo/decay to get it? I keep to the idea if you are at or under 100 HP - go home.

IMO this is a dead thread.
If you think it's a kindergarten, then go and show them who's boss.
If you went recently, then you have to take into account that it's summer and migration - crowd might be different.
When I've been there it seems to be mostly the usual crowd, with the similar number of noobs or that one dumb guy that always comes back after being killed 20 times.
The Atrox spawn seems fine, they are always in range to pull one in if you want and some spawn in the area.
I thought if you blow up vehicles the avatar dies - but I saw it happen once and they didn't seem to die.

The drop rate is pretty low, you can be there 20-40 mins without an oil drop. How much shooting of noobs can you expect to get 3-6 peds an hour?

Finally, in my opinion it's MA "giving" us peds. Why should we let them win by spending ammo/decay to get it? I keep to the idea if you are at or under 100 HP - go home.

I think you are missing the point here Davin.

The rig used to be a dangerous place where you had to fight your way trough lots of big trox to get in, that would automatically prevent 90% of leechers to get there. And if they did get there, there was often fights as the ppl holding the rig knew it would take the intruders lots of effort to get back. They had something to fight for.

But as it stands now, if you die, you can just fly back with zero penalty. You can sit in your pitbull and repair it for pecs while others spend hundreds of peds to blow it up.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that there should be a risk\reward balance here. So that ppl would actually invest in becoming better so they could fight for the rig. As of now, the fighters will always lose.

Best regards,
Lars

The other aspect here is that MA also made it a unique mining area, so they have to balance mob density to a degree as no one is going to bother mining in densities say north of the pvp zone no matter how good of a hunting setup you have. You already have miners being hunted on occasion even though there's no gain to players, so I don't know how that pencils out in MAs book when you factor that in along with the actual rig.

At the moment the rig is not generating any income for the economy since no one fights, it's just a welfare line.

There's no incentive for them to fight for the oil since the drop rate is too low and people can hide in their vehicles inside the spawn zone.

One solution without raising drop rates is putting the fort event rules in the rig area which is 10% decay and watch pvp revitalize itself, there will be action all day which will also generate income for the economy.

At the moment the rig is not generating any income for the economy since no one fights, it's just a welfare line.

There's no incentive for them to fight for the oil since the drop rate is too low and people can hide in their vehicles inside the spawn zone.

One solution without raising drop rates is putting the fort event rules in the rig area which is 10% decay and watch pvp revitalize itself, there will be action all day which will also generate income for the economy.

I like this idea pretty much.fort type decay hell yea.as for the noob problem you can never get rid of them.if you spend some time there you will notice spawn amount is much lower than what it was back in the day.

If you realy want to pick oil just stand in middle of the rig and u will pick 10 - 20 peds in like 4 hours.lol.as per showing off toughness LGs are the best place for that in my opinion.if you wanna spend 50+ pecs per shot on a player less than 100 HP be my guest.

Im sorry Lars you are not the 1st with these type of complains and ideas to stop leaches.sadly its the truth.you will notice some players come and clear the area
Just for fun hours sometimes spending what they can loose.

There is no more taking over rig like when WSS and Entropy were playing.some left game and only few remain and boy i miss watching them fight.it will never be the same again.

I will stay in one place with guns holstered and pick what i can if i were you.

Peace.

Hitman

Just making the whole rig pvp area a non-vehicle zone would make a big difference. But would enjoy other PVP improvements too.

Hope MA brought pvp back to life

-170hp player, who enjoys pvp for fun

yes!!!!! just seeing this post, i agree make it a where you cant use vehicles. back in the day it was tough to get to the rig, then when you get there you pray someone like star wasnt there to PK ya lol. ive met that mod tegratov more than once lol.

How about making all bluffs not work in pvp too? Make a pvp zone where heal tools do not work, etc.

Back