PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Guardian
    Society
    YippikayeeMF
    Images

Remove vehicles and up atrox spawn at oil rig

As title suggests. The oil rig has become a kindergarden, once a place with epic pvp fights has become a place infested with leechers who cant even handle an atrox domi. There should be some challenge involved controlling the oil rig.

Best regards,
    Lars

hypnotica TRANCE blain
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As title suggests. The oil rig has become a kindergarden, once a place with epic pvp fights has become a place infested with leechers who cant even handle an atrox domi. There should be some challenge involved controlling the oil rig.

Best regards,
    Lars
    make a atrox queen spawn there

Guardian
    Society
    YippikayeeMF
    Images
    Funny, I actually made a malcruentor queen at the old rig..

Elite
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Ford Zippo LincolnMercury
    Society
    cB | Crimson Blades
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by trance View Post
    make a atrox queen spawn there
    Damnnnnnn I like this idea And make it so that the Queen cannot be dragged outside of a certain area.

Also to Lars point. Would be awesome if they removed vehicles from PvP2 entirely. Just like the old days you would have to run back from the respawn to get to the Oil Rig.
    "If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected."

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/...ad.php?t=65574 - PVP GLOBALS

Elite
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Ford Zippo LincolnMercury
    Society
    cB | Crimson Blades
    Images
    "If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected."

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/...ad.php?t=65574 - PVP GLOBALS

Dessa Dessa Dj
    Society
    No Remorse
    Images
    Good idea!

hypnotica TRANCE blain
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ZippO View Post
    Damnnnnnn I like this idea And make it so that the Queen cannot be dragged outside of a certain area.

Also to Lars point. Would be awesome if they removed vehicles from PvP2 entirely. Just like the old days you would have to run back from the respawn to get to the Oil Rig.
    Or create a new Atrox mob for there, named Atrox King I would like to see the action there, then!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Sub-Zero The Killer
    Society
    Guess Who
    Images
    I love this idea.

But I got an even better one. First keep a regular spawn of atrox alpha-stalker shared loot with at least twice the amount of current densitity.

Second. Oil rig wave system triggered upon every 30 min when interacting with the oil rig machine. An IG world message will be sent to get help of colonists.
    Waves 1-5.
    Starting wave spawn Atrox hatchlings 300 of them
    2nd wave Atrox Alpha 50 of them
    3rd wave Atrox Old Alpha 50 of them
    4th wave Atrox Stalker 50 of them.
    5th wave "Boss wave" 1x Atrox Queen.
    After completing all waves. You get a health boost and speed buff for 1h and oil spawn rate gets increased for 30 min with twice the amount you usually get.

Also if nobody does the wave in X hours the oil rig will stop spawning oil. Crucial to prevent leechers.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Davin Trooper Felth
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    IMO this is a dead thread.
    If you think it's a kindergarten, then go and show them who's boss.
    If you went recently, then you have to take into account that it's summer and migration - crowd might be different.
    When I've been there it seems to be mostly the usual crowd, with the similar number of noobs or that one dumb guy that always comes back after being killed 20 times.
    The Atrox spawn seems fine, they are always in range to pull one in if you want and some spawn in the area.
    I thought if you blow up vehicles the avatar dies - but I saw it happen once and they didn't seem to die.

The drop rate is pretty low, you can be there 20-40 mins without an oil drop. How much shooting of noobs can you expect to get 3-6 peds an hour?

Finally, in my opinion it's MA "giving" us peds. Why should we let them win by spending ammo/decay to get it? I keep to the idea if you are at or under 100 HP - go home.

Guardian
    Society
    YippikayeeMF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DavinFelth View Post
    IMO this is a dead thread.
    If you think it's a kindergarten, then go and show them who's boss.
    If you went recently, then you have to take into account that it's summer and migration - crowd might be different.
    When I've been there it seems to be mostly the usual crowd, with the similar number of noobs or that one dumb guy that always comes back after being killed 20 times.
    The Atrox spawn seems fine, they are always in range to pull one in if you want and some spawn in the area.
    I thought if you blow up vehicles the avatar dies - but I saw it happen once and they didn't seem to die.

The drop rate is pretty low, you can be there 20-40 mins without an oil drop. How much shooting of noobs can you expect to get 3-6 peds an hour?

Finally, in my opinion it's MA "giving" us peds. Why should we let them win by spending ammo/decay to get it? I keep to the idea if you are at or under 100 HP - go home.
    I think you are missing the point here Davin.

The rig used to be a dangerous place where you had to fight your way trough lots of big trox to get in, that would automatically prevent 90% of leechers to get there. And if they did get there, there was often fights as the ppl holding the rig knew it would take the intruders lots of effort to get back. They had something to fight for.

But as it stands now, if you die, you can just fly back with zero penalty. You can sit in your pitbull and repair it for pecs while others spend hundreds of peds to blow it up.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that there should be a risk\reward balance here. So that ppl would actually invest in becoming better so they could fight for the rig. As of now, the fighters will always lose.

Best regards,
    Lars

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast