Chat bugs

~ Cirrus ~

Prowler
MA, do you plan to FIX the bug that makes the chat channels leaves after logout ? :confused:
It's very annoying, and it's here for a looong time now.

Also the fact that every private chat that you close directly by clicking "close" will come back after each relog.
In order to avoid this, you have to minimize it in main chat before closing it.

So about chats, what we want to stay will leave, and what we want to leave will stay. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Geo
100% these bugs needs to be fixed ASAP, along with tabbed private chats do not get a “Highlight” when a new message comes in.

I also feel that every Planet, Moon and Asteroid should have its own Universal, Planetary Chat System and Trade Channels, so new players and everyone have an obvious place to correspond and don’t have to rely on being referred to a preferred player created channel.
Most new players try to use Rookie for this, but get yelled at or ignored by the trolls.

These bugs were reported so long ago that they either don't care or have no clue how to fix them.

Or maybe they are about to drop a new version of the chat and that's why they don't want to fix this one. Let's hope they don't break 20 other things while fixing this...

*sadface*

These bugs were reported so long ago that they either don't care or have no clue how to fix them.

Or maybe they are about to drop a new version of the chat and that's why they don't want to fix this one. Let's hope they don't break 20 other things while fixing this...

*sadface*

Probably so that they are working on a new system that is dropped when new game UI comes.

I go with they haven't found the cause of the issue/can't fix it if they have.
It does not affect everyone, I have never had any of these problems with chat.

I am assuming you have opened support cases to advise them, maybe open another one to say you are still having these issues. Many places figure that if you stop telling them there is something wrong, that it has magically worked itself out.

if you find it frustrating having to rejoin a few channels after a relog, (few minutes wasted daily max) take pity on channel mods of private chat channels who may have to re-invite several hundred individuals after every server restart /maintenance shutdown / vu / bug fix. It takes literally hours if list is long.
Btw if your chat channel was created after the bug and is under 100 members it probably works ok, plus members of old chat channels that existed before the bug started are probably ok, but all newer members are affected.

my guesses..
1.MA don't think it costs them ped so is a low priority item. WRONG pissed off players log off.
I know log off every Tuesday after I have wasted up to 4 hours of my game time doing the re-invites, damn sure I am not alone in doing that. The eye strain and risk of RSI apart, I hate MA and Hate EU and simply don't want to be here until I calm down.
On those weeks where we have a maintenance Tuesday shut down and delayed VU on say Wednesday, followed by bug fix Friday can make you want to simply rage quit and believe me I know myself and others have come damn close sometimes

2. MA have no clue what they broke or how and can't find it to fix it. HEADS UP MA, you could have written a new and better system to manage these lists several times in the 2 years this has been broken. Newer coding techniques would make it easier and more efficient at your end. duh!!

3. Old lists unable to transfer to new coding for better list management.. UNLIKELY but.. guess what I am sure we would all be happy to rejoin, or do re-invites for everyone if we only have to do it ONCE more.

It does not affect everyone, I have never had any of these problems with chat.

It does affect everyone who joined a chat chanel AFTER the bug appeared. (long time ago now :rolleyes:)
So if you were already connected to a channel before this, and never left it, then it works fine.

But if you leave this channel now, and join it again, the bug will come for you, and you will have to join it again at every login.
So don't leave a channel by mistake.. :)

if you find it frustrating having to rejoin a few channels after a relog, (few minutes wasted daily max) take pity on channel mods of private chat channels who may have to re-invite several hundred individuals after every server restart /maintenance shutdown / vu / bug fix. It takes literally hours if list is long...

Finger crossed for them to fix this too. :wtg:

I guess it's all linked, maybe whole chat system sucks..? :confused:

I think you are right that the whole chat/message system needs a serious look at and overhaul.

I still can't switch pages in message center after 1st page for my sticky notes on my way-points etc. after initial few uses. It is going on a year now. :banghead:

It does affect everyone who joined a chat chanel AFTER the bug appeared. (long time ago now :rolleyes:)
So if you were already connected to a channel before this, and never left it, then it works fine.

But if you leave this channel now, and join it again, the bug will come for you, and you will have to join it again at every login.
So don't leave a channel by mistake.. :)

Since i need to repeat myself, it does not affect EVERYONE.

When you join a new channel, is it still around when you relog?

I get "Left channel: #" message when I relog and the channel is gone.

When they put a limit on the /listmembers command they introduced this problem. I think it's related to some paging or caching they do on the server, not everyone gets kicked.

They announced chat related performance improvements, and then all hell broke loose. I can't find the release notes though.

That's as much as I can guess without looking at their code, we don't get chat lag anymore but the chat itself is broken.... lol

It's all a wild guess, I could be wrong.

Hi guys!

We are currently working on a solution for this and our priority is to release this in the next upcoming patch.

Hi guys!

We are currently working on a solution for this and our priority is to release this in the next upcoming patch.

Fixing the issues which have been plaguing some of your best ambassadors and providers of player-content for the game, such as Granny with her MS chats, would be extremely welcome!!!
I would value this far more than new content, so it's great to see you are allocating time for problems with existing features :)

Hi guys!

Just when I was beginning to grow fond of that tinfoil hat thinking you guys might rather like if everyone switched to Discord so support would be relieved from dealing with cases where they have to delve into chat logs for evidence. Thank you for sparing me the entertaining of such sinister theories but really, the time is ripe for them :baby:

MA, you fixed most of chat bugs, and that's great, especially auto-leave channel.

But, to me, it looks like Private chat windows still come back after a login if you just closed them by pressing "x" (close) button, and that's pretty annoying.

I guess it should not be so hard to fix..? :confused:

Back