PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Konrad Nightstalker
    Funny how the 2 sides are fighting

On 1 hand, there are people who are disappointed by EU. The people some would say the "Failures of EU". They see an alternative (which already looks better than EU, graphics-wise) and they are willing to participate into it. They don't see any more merit playing in EU when the grass is a lot greener on the other side

On the other hand, u have big investors and ubers, whose income depends on deeds, people cycling peds in their LA or people buying items from their (sometimes) overpriced shop. They see it as a threat and are more than willing to downplay any upcoming competitor, in hopes that people will stay in EU.

With how MA is going forward (with the ever lack of communication and meaningful updates), I can see the reason why people will jump boat, and the reason why all those ubers and big investors are so quick to comment negatively

The sky is falling slowly but surely. It may not look like it, but the small pieces of it are starting to crack

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovely Bella View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    plot twist op is game developer
    Yeah, that's never happened before...

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...=1#post1584490

https://massivelyop.com/2015/04/06/n...has-bowed-out/
    -----------
    Last edited by mastermesh; 09-03-2019 at 09:41.

Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Zarta Maiden Selios
    Society
    @Rig
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ihazbackup View Post
    Funny how the 2 sides are fighting

On 1 hand, there are people who are disappointed by EU. The people some would say the "Failures of EU". They see an alternative (which already looks better than EU, graphics-wise) and they are willing to participate into it. They don't see any more merit playing in EU when the grass is a lot greener on the other side

On the other hand, u have big investors and ubers, whose income depends on deeds, people cycling peds in their LA or people buying items from their (sometimes) overpriced shop. They see it as a threat and are more than willing to downplay any upcoming competitor, in hopes that people will stay in EU.

With how MA is going forward (with the ever lack of communication and meaningful updates), I can see the reason why people will jump boat, and the reason why all those ubers and big investors are so quick to comment negatively

The sky is falling slowly but surely. It may not look like it, but the small pieces of it are starting to crack
    The sky falled years ago... atm are only 2 type of players: noobs that have no clue about the game and rich ppl that don't give a shit about money and just enjoy the game.... eh.... always was like this )) that's why MA don't give a shit they know it.... addicted gamblers will keep this game alive forever So yea.... ubers that invested shitload money to make money ofc are a bit scared because gamblers doesn't buy their items ))) so they don't need normal ppl leave the game ))
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertha Bot View Post
    The CDF have relocated Fort Medusa!
    Could it be that the MA - who normally move slower than the shifting of tectonic plates - have actually been pro-active?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Konrad Nightstalker
    Quote Originally Posted by maiden View Post
    rich ppl that don't give a shit about money and just enjoy the game
    Very very small amount of people that do this in EU. If they truly don't care about money, there are at least 4 other MMOs that can satisfy their craving. EU is decades behind even from 2010's MMOs.

Either way, it will be pretty interesting to see how it goes in EU once Virtuverse actually makes it

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Steve steve Langarner
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images

Competition is good

Competition is good, where I live taxis used to have a monopoly on the market and they got lazy. You could book a taxi 24 hours in advance and sometimes they still wouldn't show up, the drivers were rude late and lazy.

Then uber came along and it was easy to book through the app, they were polite, had mints and water to offer you were cheaper and showed up quickly.

The taxi drivers sh*t their pants and had to adapt, it took a while but now i actually don't mind getting a taxi because their service has improved, most companies have an app to book through now also.

So you see competition keeps companies and services honest and drives improvement.

I look forward to a day that Entropia has some competition, it might just mean Mindark listen to us a bit more and push to improve their service.

Good companies and services generally don't die when a new competitor enters the market.

If the competitor is worse than here it could drive people to come here and also it may even just raise awareness/interest in this game too.
    Last edited by fox moulder; 09-03-2019 at 01:03.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matho View Post
    Gambling is actually the biggest problem of EU and is driving away many normal players. Only rich players or players with well looting avatars seems to stay. Last one - dont forget to turn the light off

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Captain Jack Daniels
    Society
    Captain Jack's Booty Hole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Svarog View Post
    Alpha in september, beta in 2021, release in 2023, gone and forgotten by 2025.

Until they have a withdrawal system up and running, there is no competition even if they'd already had a working game.
    Agreed. Functioning and sustainable fixed rate withdrawal system is necessary to be competitive.

I dont think it is like that. Okay, I always complain a lot because I don't get the expected results and I end up getting more money, which I don't always have ... and I understand the game.

However, I think that withdraw is a drag for many: many of us would give up withdraw in exchange for better loot and fun, because the only thing we want is to play without getting too expensive.

Moreover, I have always thought that when you create an avatar, there should be a checkbox that says "give up the withdraw" ... people who marked the box could not withdraw but would have a much better loot, to keep the game.

Therefore, a game with better graphics, similar gameplay and fun, similar plot, although you cant withdraw, it would be a huge niche market for people who are looking for fun, not getting rich ...

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Allar allarom Mark
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ihazbackup View Post
    I've heard this sentence since i was introduced to this game 15y ago.

I have wasted way too much time playing alternatives that promised to add withdrawal. Sooner or later all announced that it will never happen or game simply died. Don't forget that EU was built with huge pile of cash and somehow it has managed to get pass all of the laws related to gambling issues.

I don't say it will be quaraneed fail, but history shows us that odds for that are way too high

Few examples:

AfterWorld - most successful competitor that have existed, but never managed to add withdrawal. Developers killed it with new version since they were lack of resources and never managed to complete new version. Servers are closed

Project ION- similar to EU. Outdated graphics. Withdrawal was promised, but later on it was announced that it will never happen. Still running, but playerbase and content is basically non-existent

Planet of Dreams- was promising at the beginning, rather big investments made by me (I still own most uber gear in game). Withdrawal is still working, but project is abandoned. No more updates, lack of content and graphics is non-existent

Planet of Luck- Created/copied by the same guy as above one. never tried it, withdrawal is working (although i am not sure about it's legality). few player daily average and development is extremely slow (maybe one update per year)

Aftertime Diaries- Biggest scam so far. Marketing videos and promises were awesome. A lot of cash received from investors, but game never saw daylight. I'd say that it was the closest thing to EU's alpha version

Of course i hope for the best for this project, but please be careful before investing too much and getting your hopes too high.
    take my advice, i dont`t use it anyway!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Allar allarom Mark
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Inferno View Post
    I dont think it is like that. Okay, I always complain a lot because I don't get the expected results and I end up getting more money, which I don't always have ... and I understand the game.

However, I think that withdraw is a drag for many: many of us would give up withdraw in exchange for better loot and fun, because the only thing we want is to play without getting too expensive.

Moreover, I have always thought that when you create an avatar, there should be a checkbox that says "give up the withdraw" ... people who marked the box could not withdraw but would have a much better loot, to keep the game.

Therefore, a game with better graphics, similar gameplay and fun, similar plot, although you cant withdraw, it would be a huge niche market for people who are looking for fun, not getting rich ...
    In this case you can't be in the same server with other folks or you shouldn't be able to make any kind of trades- never. This is silly idea and you can play other games if you don't want RCE
    take my advice, i dont`t use it anyway!

Cunning Haruto Rat
    Society
    fode et fuge
    Images
    Those guys rely on government money ('game incubator' or smth. like that).

As we've seen in this universe as well (Toulan *wink*), as soon as the subsidy ends, the best that can happen is business going into hibernation mode.
    There are many ways to skin a cat but just one way to boil a frog.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast