PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31
  1. #21
    Old ihazbackup's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2015
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Konrad Nightstalker
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    About old PE, why not.
    Nostalgia is inescapable as we getting older..

    But about the few people that would like EU not to be a RCE anymore.
    I don't get your logic guys..

    There is on the market probably thousands games that are not RCE, and about 1 that is a RCE.
    Why in the world are you playing the only one that is a RCE if you want a subscription based game ?

    You don't like the RCE part ?
    Don't play the only 1 that is RCE and go try few of the thousands others.. Simple as that.
    if you can find me a game that really looks like EU without the RCE with better gameplay, I'd jump in a heartbeat

    There's almost no sci-fi MMO out there with traditional RPG mechanics and avatar customization. Most of them revolves only around space battles where you spend your whole game time inside a spaceship.

  2. #22
    Elite wizz's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2005
    Location
    Brabant
    Avatar
    Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Posts
    3,371
    Images
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by ihazbackup View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    if you can find me a game that really looks like EU without the RCE with better gameplay, I'd jump in a heartbeat

    There's almost no sci-fi MMO out there with traditional RPG mechanics and avatar customization. Most of them revolves only around space battles where you spend your whole game time inside a spaceship.
    you serious?

    Indeed, you wont find many games that looks like entropia.
    Most of the games indeed dont look so crappy.

    Also you like the entropia gameplay?
    What gameplay?
    You mean autofire endless herds of respawning mobs?

    EVERY other game out there will outshine entropia in ALL aspects.
    Except the RCE part.
    The only part that makes entropia special.
    Take that away and it will be gone in no time.

  3. #23
    Old ihazbackup's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2015
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Konrad Nightstalker
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you serious?

    Indeed, you wont find many games that looks like entropia.
    Most of the games indeed dont look so crappy.

    Also you like the entropia gameplay?
    What gameplay?
    You mean autofire endless herds of respawning mobs?

    EVERY other game out there will outshine entropia in ALL aspects.
    Except the RCE part.
    The only part that makes entropia special.
    Take that away and it will be gone in no time.
    I said with better gameplay.

    Damn so I am the only one who likes the complexity of the game (without the RCE)? I guess it's true that most people here are in it for the money. Sad times

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by ihazbackup View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I said with better gameplay.

    Damn so I am the only one who likes the complexity of the game (without the RCE)? I guess it's true that most people here are in it for the money. Sad times
    First of all, yes, money rules the world, sorry if you just found out.
    I find it sad too, but that's how it is, you won't change the world and neither will I...

    But if it's true, in my opinion, that most people come to try EU for the RCE part, it is far from being the only aspect for which they stay and keep playing afterwards.

    If people were only interested in the gambling side, then they would rather play poker, bet, play casino, etc...

    There are many interesting aspects in EU, including as you say, the complexity of the game, or the maturity of the community, and many others...

    But it must be understood that these aspects are directly related to the fact that it is a RCE.

    The main reason why EU is complex and not easy to play, is precisely that it's an RCE.

  5. #25
    Old ihazbackup's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2015
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Konrad Nightstalker
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But if it's true, in my opinion, that most people come to try EU for the RCE part, it is far from being the only aspect for which they stay and keep playing afterwards
    You know, if MA offers a choice to scrap all the graphics and fancy stuff from EU and make it a text-based MMO in return for higher loots, I'm pretty much sure most of the players will want it.

  6. #26
    Elite
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.

    Joined
    Feb 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    London
    Avatar
    Photonic Edge
    Society
    Shaolin
    Posts
    2,915
    Images
    141
    I guarantee you lot that loading up an ancient version of the game won't be nostalgic, but more like uuuuugggghhh! It'll be so ugly that you'll be thankful for the progress that has been made technologically.

    I remember loading up project entropia for the first time circa 2004 and being shocked at how shit it was. I was playing Half Life 2 around that time iirc. Night and day.

    ... still didn't stop me playing
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/6/2/2/shaolin_member_signatur_photon_signatur.jpg

  7. #27
    Elite Divinity's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    India
    Avatar
    Divinity Deth Undefined
    Society
    Freelancer
    Posts
    4,886
    Images
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by ihazbackup View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know, if MA offers a choice to scrap all the graphics and fancy stuff from EU and make it a text-based MMO in return for higher loots, I'm pretty much sure most of the players will want it.
    I am partially with you on this one. Not all but a good portion would remain. I personally don't think I would though. The ones remaining would be 100x more then the ones who would remain if the RCE is gone :-D

    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gr8 Insight
    Could not have said it better myself

    Quote Originally Posted by Photon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guarantee you lot that loading up an ancient version of the game won't be nostalgic, but more like uuuuugggghhh! It'll be so ugly that you'll be thankful for the progress that has been made technologically.

    I remember loading up project entropia for the first time circa 2004 and being shocked at how shit it was. I was playing Half Life 2 around that time iirc. Night and day.

    ... still didn't stop me playing
    I will concur with you. I don't see what the fascination people have with loading up ancient version of the game. I am a 2010 debutante to the game and there is no way in hell that I would want to go back to that version of the game. From a beginners perspective, the game now is so much better (hearsay based on newbie stories) now that I can't imagine anyone wanting to go back in time to relive the game from that period.

    The one and only thing that i do feel was better back then was the absence of vehicles which lead to some awesome trips and gave a nice bonding experience to newbies and veterans alike. That is probably the only aspect of EU that i feel got stripped off with the introduction of vehicles and lead to less cooperative and more self reliant model of EU.

    Also, I have not been around during the period of "Marco" but in my 9+ years of experience for the first time i feel the team @ HQ is working on a job with dedication rather then a hobby. That alone is important enough for me to not want to go back to an earlier period.

    Divinity

  8. #28
    Elite Kerham's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    to the moon and back
    Avatar
    Kerawan Kerham Maddahy
    Society
    Project Y
    Posts
    4,683
    Images
    59
    Marco without quotes. He's a real person, was also in charge with the (awful) community communication. He's now with Paradox, worked in the Imperator: Rome.

    That being said, if you started in 2010, you're already out of touch with the respective thing. Technically the current game is better. Looks is subjective, the old one looked dated but has personality, current one is not distinguishable from other Cry iterations.

    However as gameplay there are so many points incident, that is hard to make a call. We had no missions back then, but everybody was playing. If you take out missions now, what would motivate a good part of the playerbase? Progression was more obvious then, evade meant something, with all mobs hitting faster and always for max dmg and decay being very expensive. Double-edged swords everywhere.

  9. #29
    Elite wizz's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2005
    Location
    Brabant
    Avatar
    Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Posts
    3,371
    Images
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by ihazbackup View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Damn so I am the only one who likes the complexity of the game (without the RCE)? I guess it's true that most people here are in it for the money. Sad times
    No, you dont get it.

    You like entropia. Fair enough.
    But you can't say you like entropia without the RCE.
    Because without the RCE, there would not be an entropia.

    Yes, the complexity is nice.
    But it's this complex DUE TO the RCE part.
    Otherwise it would just be a point and click game.
    Good luck, keeping that up for 15 years.

    The RCE part is the glue that keeps everything together.
    It's the main ingredient of the game!

    The lack of storylines, purpose, etc is compensated by the RCE part.

    Entropia = RCE = Unique.

  10. #30
    Provider Captain Crunch's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2018
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Germany
    Avatar
    Captain Cereal Crunch
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, you dont get it.

    You like entropia. Fair enough.
    But you can't say you like entropia without the RCE.
    Because without the RCE, there would not be an entropia.

    Yes, the complexity is nice.
    But it's this complex DUE TO the RCE part.
    Otherwise it would just be a point and click game.
    Good luck, keeping that up for 15 years.

    The RCE part is the glue that keeps everything together.
    It's the main ingredient of the game!

    The lack of storylines, purpose, etc is compensated by the RCE part.

    Entropia = RCE = Unique.
    I would love Entropia without the RCE party, because the RCE part is not just Entropia Universe.

    Entropia Universe has a lot more to offer: boring hunting, boring construction items that nobody needs, boring space, boring quests that not even make sense, boring weapons that costs a lot of money and dont forget the content that not even get finish, like boring housing, dead shops, dead planets, dead space stations, dead compet fight pet aktion and and and...

    But if i think.....hmm you right Entropia is really the RCE part, nobody woud play something like this without the gambling part and the chance to win money. Your really right wizz

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook