PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33
  1. #21
    Elite wizz's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2005
    Location
    Brabant
    Avatar
    Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Posts
    3,404
    Images
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyshades View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am avoding to pay MU because isnt included in loot.
    Atm i am paying Mu only for weap.
    Trying to stay efficiency as much as i can.
    Any sugestion for emergency fap?


    Regards
    yes, and that's a good thing.
    But MU on (L) mid/high end armours is very low.
    While MU on (UL) is extremely high.

    the question should be, how much armour decay do you think you will get?
    Do you want to risk buying an UL armour for +10k and see it devaluate to +5k?
    Or you just buy an (L) armour for +100 and use that for a long time?

    If you have infinite trust in the game and the value of items you should definitely go for UL.
    If you're unsure then (L) would be the way to go.

    Also, the price for 1 UL set, lets you buy dozens of (L) sets. So you can wear the proper armour for each mob/dmg type.

    Both ways are valid.
    All depending on your play style.

  2. #22
    Stalker
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    LAZZ's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Im from the high coust in sweden!
    Avatar
    Lazer"LAZZ" Nero
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Posts
    2,319
    Images
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by WildD3mon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    why would you need such an expensive armor if you only play occasionally ? better go the L route ?
    I agree here or get a jagguar armour maybe they not so expensive now and still a good allaround armour add some plates to that 5bs and 6As and u can hunt most mobs. A EP-41 and a mod 2350 i could recomend to. But if its as u say u play just rarely the L items would be best imo. And suit ur level on both mobs and skills best.
    Good luck


    Hi, your account was created on the following date 2004-09-26.
    Regards,
    Entropia Support

  3. #23
    Mature
    Joined
    May 2019
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Avatar
    blondie FIFTYshadesOFblondie shades
    Society
    Freelancer
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by LAZZ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree here or get a jagguar armour maybe they not so expensive now and still a good allaround armour add some plates to that 5bs and 6As and u can hunt most mobs. A EP-41 and a mod 2350 i could recomend to. But if its as u say u play just rarely the L items would be best imo. And suit ur level on both mobs and skills best.
    Good luck
    Tnx for reply,i appreciate.
    What jag u mean,regular one? What is the price for it atm?and u think its better the get 2350 insted of adj resto?
    Be specific if u can.
    Idk is the jag with plates enough for caperon for example?
    Regards
    blondie FIFTYshadesOFblondie shades

  4. #24
    Mature
    Joined
    May 2019
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Avatar
    blondie FIFTYshadesOFblondie shades
    Society
    Freelancer
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yes, and that's a good thing.
    But MU on (L) mid/high end armours is very low.
    While MU on (UL) is extremely high.

    the question should be, how much armour decay do you think you will get?
    Do you want to risk buying an UL armour for +10k and see it devaluate to +5k?
    Or you just buy an (L) armour for +100 and use that for a long time?

    If you have infinite trust in the game and the value of items you should definitely go for UL.
    If you're unsure then (L) would be the way to go.

    Also, the price for 1 UL set, lets you buy dozens of (L) sets. So you can wear the proper armour for each mob/dmg type.

    Both ways are valid.
    All depending on your play style.
    I get your point,if i decide to go by that way what armor u would suggest to use for diff type of mobs?
    Thanks
    Regards
    blondie FIFTYshadesOFblondie shades

  5. #25
    Elite Kerham's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    to the moon and back
    Avatar
    Kerawan Kerham Maddahy
    Society
    Project Y
    Posts
    4,721
    Images
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyshades View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    but for armor u got me thinking.Is it to much.
    But if my thoughts are for thinking in couple of years using it,wouldnt it be a good investment???
    Strictly from an investment point of view, mayhem's value depends disproportionately on the reload bonus. By comparison, with a comparable investment (not entirely sure on the price of mayhem), you could get perfected ares (8-9k?) which would make every mob killed cheaper by a consistent fraction, both in terms of dpp per shot fired and in terms of cost/skill reward acquired.

    While an armour does actually what, only keeps you alive? The current one you have should be enough for a long time.

    It is true you could kill more mobs, but: do you have the bankroll to support hunting all those mobs, in good numbers? I mean, surviving a yuka doesn't necessarily means you can actually afford to hunt it.

    For the gun. Adj mk2 (with A106) is a good choice for mobs roundabout 500hp (so you get about 10 shots). Argo guardian, small maffoids etc. You can go as low as argo young (300hp) or as high as atrox young (990hp, although a bit risky already due to relative high regen and low dps, unnecessary increase of cost/kill). Inbetween you have a horde of mobs which you can grind safely with your armour unplated.

    That's a variation from about 1 ped per kill to about 4 ped per kill, so then you must calibrate the bankroll. Say, 3-500 mobs per run (the bigger the mob, the bigger the run should be in terms of number of kills). Then a reserve for stackables and other loot you might want to keep (equivalent of 1 run). And a reserve to traverse bad weather (say 4 runs). So, for argo guardians runs of about 600 peds worth each, reserve for various stackables other 600, reserve for variation 2400, total to start you grind say 4k.

    From all these, from my point of view, mayhem has two disadvantages: way too much protection for the mobs which you'd kill with adj mk2 and way too much cash held captive which does nothing. While it guarantees you that an atrox dominant won't be able to kill you. Which is vaguely useless when you hunt youngs. If you want to hunt dominants, then all math above must be recalibrated and something like perfected ares becomes mandatory. 6 peds per kill would mean something like adj mad4 with beast at least and some good thousands on card needed, closer to 10k.

  6. #26
    Elite wizz's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2005
    Location
    Brabant
    Avatar
    Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Posts
    3,404
    Images
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyshades View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I get your point,if i decide to go by that way what armor u would suggest to use for diff type of mobs?
    Thanks
    Regards
    well, that of course depends on the mob you want to hunt.

    Look up the dmg types the mob does and find a matching armour for that protection.
    Not only the dmg type but also the amount of dmg.
    For example, if you have a mob that does huge impact dmg, then get a set of (L) sentinel.
    Or hermes for ranged robot attacks.
    Etc.

    You could try to find a set of UL sentinel, which will cost you one of your kidneys to buy (but it's a great set to have).
    But once you have it, you will find that it's rather useless against robot's since it does not soak burn dmg.
    So you would need another madly expensive UL suit for that.


    But if you're an extreme hunter playing 24/7 then sure, it might be worth the investment in such armour.
    But for an occasional play I still think you're better of with a selection of (L) uber armours which will let you hunt any mob you want.

    To buy such (L) armours you just need a bit of time to get them cheap. Just slowly collect them over time whenever you see a part on auction for like 110% or so.

  7. #27
    Elite wizz's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2005
    Location
    Brabant
    Avatar
    Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Posts
    3,404
    Images
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ... mayhem armour ...

    For the gun. Adj mk2 (with A106) is a good choice for mobs roundabout 500hp ...
    Mayhem armour and adj MK2 are a major mismatch.

    If you have a adj MK2 you could just go on with a adj pixie instead of mayhem armour.
    Mayhem armour is WAAAAAAYYYY overspect to use with an adj mk2.
    Any mob you kill with an adj MK2 would only require adj pixie (or equivalent).

  8. #28
    Mature
    Joined
    May 2019
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Avatar
    blondie FIFTYshadesOFblondie shades
    Society
    Freelancer
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Strictly from an investment point of view, mayhem's value depends disproportionately on the reload bonus. By comparison, with a comparable investment (not entirely sure on the price of mayhem), you could get perfected ares (8-9k?) which would make every mob killed cheaper by a consistent fraction, both in terms of dpp per shot fired and in terms of cost/skill reward acquired.

    While an armour does actually what, only keeps you alive? The current one you have should be enough for a long time.

    It is true you could kill more mobs, but: do you have the bankroll to support hunting all those mobs, in good numbers? I mean, surviving a yuka doesn't necessarily means you can actually afford to hunt it.

    For the gun. Adj mk2 (with A106) is a good choice for mobs roundabout 500hp (so you get about 10 shots). Argo guardian, small maffoids etc. You can go as low as argo young (300hp) or as high as atrox young (990hp, although a bit risky already due to relative high regen and low dps, unnecessary increase of cost/kill). Inbetween you have a horde of mobs which you can grind safely with your armour unplated.

    That's a variation from about 1 ped per kill to about 4 ped per kill, so then you must calibrate the bankroll. Say, 3-500 mobs per run (the bigger the mob, the bigger the run should be in terms of number of kills). Then a reserve for stackables and other loot you might want to keep (equivalent of 1 run). And a reserve to traverse bad weather (say 4 runs). So, for argo guardians runs of about 600 peds worth each, reserve for various stackables other 600, reserve for variation 2400, total to start you grind say 4k.

    From all these, from my point of view, mayhem has two disadvantages: way too much protection for the mobs which you'd kill with adj mk2 and way too much cash held captive which does nothing. While it guarantees you that an atrox dominant won't be able to kill you. Which is vaguely useless when you hunt youngs. If you want to hunt dominants, then all math above must be recalibrated and something like perfected ares becomes mandatory. 6 peds per kill would mean something like adj mad4 with beast at least and some good thousands on card needed, closer to 10k.
    Really appriciate your effort on explaning everything,maybe i was just blind and not looking wide,just straight.
    I will stick to what i have atm,until i get to 35-40 lvl at least and start thinking then what will i gonna buy.
    If i decide to buy higher dmg weap for longer term,would be a good investment for lr 40 fen with imp a105 because of good efficiency to grind higher lvl mobs,or u would suggest anything else like 1 weap for skilling (missions) other for hunting?
    Is it matter if the weap is lvl 100 for example,i didnt find the real answer on forums,how efficient is it when u hunting and u dont have that lvl 100.
    Like Ml 35 etc

    Would you recommend an investment in lr 20 fen to use until lvl 45 or something?
    How prices drop for that weap?is it hard to sell?

    So far i will use L armatrix series for skilling.
    Will just buy adj resto chip,to try to be more efficient.
    Later on when i reach lvl 40 i will think with what to upgrade my gear
    Last edited by Fiftyshades; 09-07-2019 at 03:18. Reason: 1 more question
    blondie FIFTYshadesOFblondie shades

  9. #29
    Mature
    Joined
    May 2019
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Avatar
    blondie FIFTYshadesOFblondie shades
    Society
    Freelancer
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mayhem armour and adj MK2 are a major mismatch.

    If you have a adj MK2 you could just go on with a adj pixie instead of mayhem armour.
    Mayhem armour is WAAAAAAYYYY overspect to use with an adj mk2.
    Any mob you kill with an adj MK2 would only require adj pixie (or equivalent).
    I assumed that,because of the dmg.With next weap of armatrix for which i need around 3 more lvls gonna have higher dmg.
    blondie FIFTYshadesOFblondie shades

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyshades View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hello everyone,

    My question is: Is it better to buy strong boxes for the ammount of $ i am willing to deposit,hope for some drop from the boxes and just use those unl.cells for skilling and then sell shrapnels and use those peds for buying (probably i am gonna lose some of the peds on Returns)but i think its better then straight deposit and pay that Fee of 5% on transaction.
    Any suggestions,guides?

    I was thinking about the same at August, at the end i was did both because i wanted to buy stuff, and i wanted to test it myself.


    I can tell you the result so far:

    August.
    125 box + starter pack 700p ammo, so i should have 1950p ammo.
    after the graduation, more than 1 cycle, i converted some shrap back during August, at the end, i still had around 1800p in loot or shrap or ammo, + around 70p worth of pills + pixie armor set from graduatiuon+ was lucky and got ares modified (2000p) from one of the boxes, i would count it as 1800p + 70p pills / 1950p uni ammo + lucky ring + graduation armor set + skills and fun.

    120 usd was deposited also, got 1158p for it ingame.
    without the ring it would be break even with the pills and armor set, with the ring, it was a big win.

    September.
    500 box for ammo + 400 usd for gear.

    500 box ended up 4808p ammo after converting the trash pills to ammo, 142p from fireworks, 157p worth of Neoru A (45x).
    i have still a bit more than 2100p uni ammo to shoot, so far the results from the 500 usd box / 5000p ammo:
    4642p in uni ammo and loot together, 142p from fireworks, 157p pills = 4941p
    some of the loots have mu, so its a bit more, but i dont calculate with it yet, but still 2100+ ped ammo left to shoot, i expect the loot goes worse and the difference to be bigger.
    + skills, + fun, + more than 100 xp boost pills including 3 x 100% for 10 hours, no ring this time unfortunately.

    400 usd deposit = 3860p.


    I will sure using the box way in the future, if no hurry to buy something asap ingame.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook