How does the Auction House and this forum deal with sales of sets?

jetsina

Elite
Hi, we often have land areas, shops and spaceships on sale at auction where I am unclear as to what is included.

The warp-capable quads, for example, need a warp drive attached, and these are essential to the functioning. When on auction, is this drive automatically part of the deal or must the buyer contact the seller and trade with them for the warp drive? Is it ok for a seller to have a sales thread that specifically states that the drive will be included via trade (to prevent any misunderstandings), even if sales threads are not normally permitted for items being listed on auction?

Is the same true of land areas and any DNA etc?
Hoping for MA-level clarification or auction changes to make things clearer if necessary - ty!

The drive and thruster that come with UL quad/firebird are separate items. Which is one of the problems with buying these off ingame auction, you only bid on the ship, no guarantee the seller will have, list or sell the other 2 items. Usually on threads people will specify they are packaging these 3 items outside of the ingame auction. Would see alot more on auction I think if you could package for the sale...but ...nope.

For Land areas, all DNA installed is included, any saved in storage would be another item, but the previous owner certainly could go thru and strip all the active DNA prior to sale, so no guarantee there either until you verify before buying what is actually active.

The drive and thruster that come with UL quad/firebird are separate items. Which is one of the problems with buying these off ingame auction, you only bid on the ship, no guarantee the seller will have, list or sell the other 2 items. Usually on threads people will specify they are packaging these 3 items outside of the ingame auction. Would see alot more on auction I think if you could package for the sale...but ...nope.

For Land areas, all DNA installed is included, any saved in storage would be another item, but the previous owner certainly could go thru and strip all the active DNA prior to sale, so no guarantee there either until you verify before buying what is actually active.

that good to know lol i always thought warp drive and thruster come with plane + rep:)

... buying these off ingame auction, you only bid on the ship, no guarantee the seller will have, list or sell the other 2 items.

It is as I thought, thank you. Is it something MA might consider changing - and is there any workaround?

:eyecrazy: Ok, just a thought - what is the situation with estates? I've read somewhere that the contents on an estate can be/must be locked down when it is put on auction. Does anybody have experience with land plots and the snug/vegetable boxes and item points? Could someone actually sell a land plot with the warp quad/firebird (dropped not spawned) + thruster + warp drive visible for buyers? :eyecrazy:

Hi, we often have land areas, shops and spaceships on sale at auction where I am unclear as to what is included.

The warp-capable quads, for example, need a warp drive attached, and these are essential to the functioning. When on auction, is this drive automatically part of the deal or must the buyer contact the seller and trade with them for the warp drive? Is it ok for a seller to have a sales thread that specifically states that the drive will be included via trade (to prevent any misunderstandings), even if sales threads are not normally permitted for items being listed on auction?

Is the same true of land areas and any DNA etc?
Hoping for MA-level clarification or auction changes to make things clearer if necessary - ty!

I brought this up in the AMA a while back when I asked for the ability to put things into a gift box and make it tradeable like a set of armor. never really thought about the warpdrive/quad thing BUT IT SEEMS OBVIOUS FFS!!! Makes me mad to know they have gift boxes in the game that have no use whatsoever.

I brought this up in the AMA a while back when I asked for the ability to put things into a gift box and make it tradeable like a set of armor. never really thought about the warpdrive/quad thing BUT IT SEEMS OBVIOUS FFS!!! Makes me mad to know they have gift boxes in the game that have no use whatsoever.

Yes, that's an idea too. I do also try and think about potential problems associated with what may initially look like a good idea, plus ways to maybe solve the problems without requiring a massive effort.

Your idea of a gift box (with contents) would be something to be newly implemented by MA, but it might affect regular AH histories if you can sell whatever you like in boxes. MA might also get less auction fee revenue if you can sell stacks of different stuff together as one item.
BUT, MA already has code for recognising particular 'sets' of stuff, either for recipies or armour set advantages, for example. It would thus be fine with me if MA limited the 'box sets' to an acceptable list of contents, e.g. a firebird, unl thruster and the warp drive = an acceptable box set that may be auctioned in a 'box set tab'. One advantage is that such a set could also easily be allocated a name that appears on auction, such as firebird box, as it has to conform with a specific check list in the first place. It would also be able to have its own specific AH history, if MA and others think that is important. I also don't mind if fees are 50 cents for every item in the box, plus mu...
What do you think?

What do you think?

Ok, me answering myself this time round, lol, but thinking further about it seriously about implementability...
maybe the box wouldn't "know" or "show" its contents when listed on auction, either the overall tt value or what was inside. Perhaps you could 'open' the box seen on auction, but ok, it may not be a really really simple thing to do.

But... if MA could do it and make any set of contents possible (within the weight limit of the box), it might mean newer players wouldn't have to keep things stacked in inventory so long trying to get stacks large enough to sell. There might be willing buyers for at least bunches of similar items, such as paints, various oils and so, a bit like the old 'buying@boxes' days...

Do players still have that problem these days, do people trade small amounts of stuff at twins even anymore, or is everybody a lot richer these days? lol

Small bump two weeks down the line, as we have seen changes to how stuff can now be traded in the form of those CP shares.
These currently have no sales history, no ledger so people can see what they have bought and sold without noting that somewhere else, not even the payouts without noting these down too.

It's not what I would prefer, but if MA doesn't care for us to know histories as part of their platform - or about other platforms such as entropia life when they change globals to show pecs, thus screwing up the recording of globals there - maybe they can implement a 'box of anything category' on auction as well....

If that is their strategy then that would be a simple way to help obscure historic values of things - and we could finally sell sets of armour or "ships with chips and drives" all in one... a win-win?

Back