Suggestion: Another mining box event

lethal

Prowler
lethal jewgirl saint
I think another mining box event would be a really good idea. The mining boxes during Easter got me to mine for the first time in like a year, and I know a few other people who have continued mining after the event who weren't doing much in game before. I don't like the idea of a lot UL mining amps floating around since arguably the biggest single item category market is limited mining amps, and having too many UL amps would destroy that market. But I have an idea that I think is better than UL amps that could give the boxes a lot of value. Add in some limited amps that work with universal ammo and survey probes to the boxes, and make them pretty rare (more rare than mayhem amps preferably) . For example, something like "DSEC pro finder amplifier 11" that burns 9.9 ped of universal ammo per category mining category searched and .1 ped of the amp. Also, have some really nice things that can only be found out of the boxes and don't have a counterpart currently. For example "DSEC pro finder amplifier 15" that would burn 49.9 ped of ammo/probes per category searched and .1 ped of the amps total 10 ped value. I know the Jodas of the game would love to use it :)

Sidenotes: the minimum find amount for boxes was a good idea and I think they should only be found in finds over 5 ped or a similar value like last event.

We need better excavators

However make it so that you have to mine to find the fragments...not hunt. That to me was the part that ruined it and i'm not a hunter or miner.

Hunters have hunting events, crafters had a crafting event. Why they decided that miners had to have a hunt/mine event is odd.

We need better excavators

True, it is a little ridiculous to have so few of options and the fastest one can still leave you using half of your mining time pulling up a claim depending on what it is. The majority of the excavators use the same model, so it's just a matter of coming up with a name and changing a few numbers. They don't even have to be creative with it. Genesis Star Excavator augmented and perfected would be good with me as a start TBH.

However make it so that you have to mine to find the fragments...not hunt. That to me was the part that ruined it and i'm not a hunter or miner.

Hunters have hunting events, crafters had a crafting event. Why they decided that miners had to have a hunt/mine event is odd.

Yeah, I was thinking just have any claim above 5 ped have the ability to find them during the event without any mission involvement. That could bother people who are hoarding mining boxes though, so might not be the best approach. If it is fragment based again I would ask that they allow the amount of fragments needed for at least 5 boxes to be turned in at once so we don't have to spend half of our time making our way back to the mission broker so we can start looking for the next box. If it's a coding difficulty problem they could just use the existing turn in mechanics so that you could just find tokens of some sort that can be traded for boxes with the mission broker. I.e. have a couple separate missions like "turn in 1000 fragments to broker, go out and mine to find one token, come back and turn in the token for a box" and "turn in 5k fragments, go out and mine to find 5 tokens, come back and turn in the 5 tokens for 5 boxes"

tl;dr DONT DO IT any stupid minning event
dont want my markups get screw up

Another event would be great if I do not need to buy stuff first to get a box.

Just let the pieces needed to get a box at the NPC come with mining ^^

Please make it so that even beginning miners that mine without amps have the possibility to get a box from time to time cause the amount you needed to spend to get 1 with (high) amps was ridiculous high compared to what was in the box

From what most miners have experienced, cost versus what they got, I do not think many will be fooled again :lolup: (except for some gamblers ofc)

Another event would be great if I do not need to buy stuff first to get a box.

Just let the pieces needed to get a box at the NPC come with mining ^^

Please make it so that even beginning miners that mine without amps have the possibility to get a box from time to time cause the amount you needed to spend to get 1 with (high) amps was ridiculous high compared to what was in the box

From what most miners have experienced, cost versus what they got, I do not think many will be fooled again :lolup: (except for some gamblers ofc)

"Just let the pieces needed to get a box at the NPC come with mining ^^" Just to clarify you mean you want whatever is needed to do the mission/ get boxes to come solely from mining correct? If so I agree. On your point about making people able to get boxes without an amp, as long as it's balanced in the favor of people who use amps for mining that's fine since most amp users have to pay a lot of markup, especially if they're using a higher level amp.

"tl;dr DONT DO IT any stupid minning event
dont want my markups get screw up"

Uh, what? Lol

Back