Current Annoying Game Play Issues.

How long have you been playing? (I didn't read the entire thread.) Have you really thought this through and observed how cycling works and how to optimize the amount of PED you hold after each round? I don't understand what is bothering you about the leftover ammo stacks you can just dump back into the TT.

It is much better that it uses UA first. There is a little bug or oversight though, when you run out of UA in the middle of shooting and convert shrapnel expecting your equipped weapon to automatically use UA again, this doesn't work. You have to unequip and re-equip first or just change to another weapon.

I also think that every weapon/tool should use its default ammo first (ME for MF)
Then it would be alot easier for everyone to use whatever he wants since it's easy NOT to buy ammo (or ME). :)

For example, in a run I sometimes use my big gun for main mob I want to kill and small MF chip for small mob that I come across by chance.
So I want my gun to use the shrap I converted and the MF to use the small amount of ME I bought.
But I just can't do it since MF now use UA first.
For those who just want to use UA all the way, again it would be easy, don't buy ME.

I've never had this bug you talk about, and it's first time I heard about.
I don't even stop shooting while converting shrap if I need, and never had any problems, works perfectly for me.

He means when you run out of UA and begin using laser/blp ammo. If you then convert shrap while using regular ammo it doesnt switch over to UA automatically.

He means when you run out of UA and begin using laser/blp ammo. If you then convert shrap while using regular ammo it doesnt switch over to UA automatically.

Ah ok, if that's all it is. This is the bug/oversight I mentioned. Obviously the determination which ammo to use is made once upon equipping and is not updated when converting shrapnel. I find it a nuisance, too.

Change the system for shop owners again, it is so f ... annoying picking things up by accident or when you want to put price on.

Make shelves use full again cause when to high you cannot even put a price tag on them nor on the things you put up on the shelves that are for sale.

I totally understand how it works.

After thinking about this awhile more, I think I understand why MFs don't want to use their SME.
They buy X-amount of SME and know they bought say 1000 Ped. They want to know what they are spending so they keep it in SME and recycle their shrap to death for that 1% return.
The SME is their bankroll.

I on the other hand, I deposit UA and I want to know what I'm spending.
I also have a bankroll.

But I cant use 2 different weapon types, 2 different types of Ammo, and keep track of two different bankrolls.

Adding the ability to choose ammo on all our weapons could be expensive to do?
Maybe that's why it didn't get done in the first place?
Even though I don't think that's a good way to manage a game I am a little sympathetic.

I would think that letting people who wanted to use two different weapon types and two different types of ammo would be more important that using one type of weapon and one ammo type.

Rock

After thinking about this awhile more, I think I understand why MFs don't want to use their SME.
They buy X-amount of SME and know they bought say 1000 Ped. They want to know what they are spending so they keep it in SME and recycle their shrap to death for that 1% return.
The SME is their bankroll.

I also have a bankroll.

But I cant use 2 different weapon types, 2 different types of Ammo, and keep track of two different bankrolls.

Adding the ability to choose ammo on all our weapons could be expensive to do?
Maybe that's why it didn't get done in the first place?
Even though I don't think that's a good way to manage a game I am a little sympathetic.

I would think that letting people who wanted to use two different weapon types and two different types of ammo would be more important that using one type of weapon and one ammo type.

Rock

How to get enough with shrapnell without using that SME? :scratch2:
Don't know how and why others use SME vs UA as they do, but I always run down the stack
with ordinary ammo and then use the UA.
If I get UA left in one run I always "hide" it in a box for next run and start using it as soon
as ordinary ammo is out.

I also have a bankroll.

But I cant use 2 different weapon types, 2 different types of Ammo, and keep track of two different...

Mf users also get UA straight from webshop. I buy a lot of large refil packs for example. Mf shouldn’t be any different from blp/laser. Each have their own set ammo, and each use UA too.

I have no issue with every weapon coming with an option to select what it burns first. What I took issue with was when you suggested MF should use SME first, leaving mf users stuck with Shrap or UA , whilst burning the stack that they could tt at end of hunt.

Additionally, if you are using mf and guns together in a hunt, I don’t see why you would need to be running separate bank rolls. Or even separate tracking. At the end of the hunt surely your calculation is based on all costs, including armour decay for example. Having the gun/chip on the same ammo makes for a simpler calculation, not a more complicated one.

Last edited:
What I took issue with was when you suggested MF should use SME first, leaving mf users stuck with Shrap or UA , whilst burning the stack that they could tt at end of hunt.

I would also rather see SME first, because I use MF for healing and f's up everything. Can only control it partially through per amp calculation, but is a pain in the xls.

Back