Don't want Mind Force using my universal ammo

Rock Stone

Guardian
Is there a way to force Mind Force chips to only use Mind Essence?
Finders use both probes and ammo, but tells you when your out of probes.
Maybe I missed something?
Rock

You can put the ammo in storage. Ofc wont help if your needing it to hunt with a gun whilst using the mf too.

It would be awful for me if they didn't, I hunt purely with MF and convert the shrap as I go.

Thanks
That really sucks.
I want to make Mind essence and use it for MF.
There should be a switch on the chip to use only essence, ammo, or both.
along with an option to use one over the other like residue in crafting.
Rock

Thanks
That really sucks.
I want to make Mind essence and use it for MF.
There should be a switch on the chip to use only essence, ammo, or both.
along with an option to use one over the other like residue in crafting.
Rock

You don't make synthetic ME, you buy it from TT.

Chips which use Mind essence or light mind essence do not burn UA.

Yea ok.
I still don't wan't to use ammo for both.
I want to be able to see what I'm burning in ME when I use an MF chip.
I don't like using ammo for mining either, although I do when I want to stay out on a good run.
Why do they even have Synthetic if you can't chose to use it when you have a gun too?

Rock

Yea ok.
I still don't wan't to use ammo for both.
I want to be able to see what I'm burning in ME when I use an MF chip.
I don't like using ammo for mining either, although I do when I want to stay out on a good run.
Why do they even have Synthetic if you can't chose to use it when you have a gun too?

Rock

The clue is in the name I guess. Each bought from the tt -
BLP ammo for BLP, weapons cells for energy gun, synthetic ME for chips.

Universal ammo - to be universal :confused:

Removing UA from MF chips, would be the same as removing it from guns imo, since they all come under the same "ammunition" section on the tt.

To make it work properly , each attack item(blp, mf, laser etc) would need a check box "use UA or not".

Seems a bit of a faff. I absolutely do want to burn UA when using MF, and would get annoyed if I ended up with thousands of peds worth of shrap after a few hours hunting that I couldn't cycle!

Last edited:
Finders did use the uni ammo first initially too, but miners demanded a change and, amazingly, were heard.

I was just thinking that!!
If I have ammo packs and ME and don't convert my shrap It will work the way I want.
IMO still at this point, chips should automatically use the Synthetic Essence before it touches the ammo.

Thanks alot!
I want to work on some MF stuff and I like the DOT with the arcenistics.
Rock

Finders did use the uni ammo first initially too, but miners demanded a change and, amazingly, were heard.
IMO still at this point, chips should automatically use the Synthetic Essence before it touches the ammo.

I would hate if MF chips used SME first. Really shit move for MF users.

The trouble with that from a MF users perspective - I would rather cycle the stuff that I cant tt first. It would suck if I used up all my SME, to be then stuck with piles of UA that I cant tt.

I presume the idea worked with miners as they don't loot shrap the way hunters do. So would make sense for them to use their probes first. MF users loot shrap like any hunter does. Incomparable.

In the current system ME users can cycle what they loot, as gun hunters do, and at the end if they have a stack of SME left can TT it and go onto something else.

Alternatively it would mean having no SME on you at all, to be sure to use only UA. Which when the UA runs out, as it always does when cycling on big hunts, would be a total faff. For what gain? If you are using UA to hunt, I really don't see what the problem is with your heal chip using it too. It would be either using the UA or the SME from tt. Just like your gun would be using the UA or ammo from the tt.

Last edited:
This is so easy to fix, just disable auto-switching between ammo types and add "preloading" - drag a stack of ammo of your choice onto your weapon and it will stick to this type until you drag something else.

This is so easy to fix, just disable auto-switching between ammo types and add "preloading" - drag a stack of ammo of your choice onto your weapon and it will stick to this type until you drag something else.

Like adding enhancers? then you could unequip that ammo and tt it. I see the theory, but would be pants if you switch through a bunch of weapons in a hunt, and again a total faff for what gain... Keeping it simple works best imo.

If the shoe was on the other foot … " I don't want my guns to use my UA. I want to keep my UA only for my hunting attack chips. So would make sense for guns to use the weapon cells first?"

No... I realise that this would be inconvenient for gun hunters, to solve a very little inconvenience currently for me.

Like adding enhancers?
Kinda but you wouldn't actually add anything to the gun, you would just bind the gun for this type of ammo, not this stack.

And then you could check what ammo is currently set for this weapon in its info like this:

ammo.jpg

Last edited:
Back